• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
So I was fish chaining for Clampearl to use on my in game team but the chain broke. The very next reel gave me a shiny Remoraide! Sure it's not rare at all but it's default chance that's all I care about.

The stats and everything are set on the first encounter. However to my knowledge one has yet to be found shiny (same for Mewtwo) so this pretty much confirms that they all have a shiny lock. The birds are a bit different because they take a bit longer to encounter but surely someone would have found one by now.

Congrats on the Remoraid!
In X and Y the birds are set when you walk into the cave, and not the first encounter. Someone tested it out and the nature changed when they SRed. I reckon it was to help get a good nature one, but you don't have to do all 15 or so encounters every time.
Regardless I haven't heard of a shiny one either so as much as that would be easier, I still think they're probably locked.

I'm over 6k for starters and I found a shiny Miltank in X last night on Route 12, so that's pretty cool. I'm in Route 8 now, just taking a break from Route 10 basically.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
since the shiny lock is going to be a trend in all legends, then the only way to get them would be in an event (that would take years to happen) or from previous generations, making them extremely rare for those new gamers in pokemon that don't have the previous games, also for those that won't be able to download pokemon bank because its region restricted and there's no current availability to add funds in their region. The shiny lock is a nightmare.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on all the new shinies!

Welcome to the club, Bestwaffles!

This week's random hunt is… Clamperl! Sorry for the delay. Will count through Tuesday. A new hunt will still be posted on Sunday (if i don't forget again :().

Years
Shiny check is any utter nightmare. :/

So...Since I'm close to being done getting every shiny,only 154 to go, I'm wondering how close Is everyone else?

I am ages away haha. In all my two and a half years of hunting I only have 40 shinies; not because I don't hunt often, I hunt every day pretty much, but simply because I avoid chaining/fish chaining/shiny charm. I try not to do too many Masuda or XY hunts either, and I'm heading back into the exclusively 8192 range pretty quickly.

Years
Shiny check is any utter nightmare. :/

I am ages away haha. In all my two and a half years of hunting I only have 40 shinies; not because I don't hunt often, I hunt every day pretty much, but simply because I avoid chaining/fish chaining/shiny charm. I try not to do too many Masuda or XY hunts either, and I'm heading back into the exclusively 8192 range pretty quickly.

In all honesty,I would rather have 40 that were all mine than the large amount I have that comes mostly from trading.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I'll likely get a shiny male with Anticipation, or even a shiny female without the HA, before I hatch the one I am looking for :/

At least my Ditto and breeding Eevee both have 6IV :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Hello everyone. I just joined the site today, and am looking for Shiny Hunting friends. :D

I am currently hunting a 5-6 IV Mienfoo. :3

Back