• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Been trying to sweet scent shiny Slopoke since yesterday. So far I have caught 3 shiny Wingull and one shiny eegxecute. Does he count for aprils challenge and do I need to catch three more to complete it?

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
    Caterpie, on April 4th via Masuda Method on X ...
    And Shiny Fraxure on April 5th in a Friend Safari.

I got my dream shiny! :15:
    Female Shiny Hypno named Bijou; she's calm and absolutely adorable!
    This brings my count up to 17.

Congrats on those shinies!!

(So there's half of Caterpie down, right? xD)

If we need another Caterpie I will see if I can get it this week, Haven't been hunting much really. Been busy with work.

But we still need another Squirtle before Caterpie can start to count!

Last edited:

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
    New sig!

Horde Hunting draws to a close with a Male Shiny Hoppip, Relaxed and caught in a Luxury Ball.
    I'll get back to Safari Hunting, and trying to snag the last dex numbers in order to get a shiny charm.

In other news, I bought a used X on sale, so I can double hunt and get some extra legendaries, and maybe do some nuzlockes when I have the time.

Congrats on all of those shinies, guys! :15:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    New sig!

Horde Hunting draws to a close with a Male Shiny Hoppip, Relaxed and caught in a Luxury Ball.
    I'll get back to Safari Hunting, and trying to snag the last dex numbers in order to get a shiny charm.

In other news, I bought a used X on sale, so I can double hunt and get some extra legendaries, and maybe do some nuzlockes when I have the time.

Congrats on all of those shinies, guys! :15:
    I was told that Spoiler signatures aren't allowed. Might want to fix it.

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
    Signature fixed and somewhat compressed, pardon that little slip up.

I think I'll go for Toxicroak or Shuppet next; I have a safari for both.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen today
    Congrats on all shinies and welcome to all new members.

Its's good to see the club still active.

Nice event for this month, now I'm inspired.

Cya around and happy hunting.

Years
    Guys, how to catch a shiny in Pokemon Fire Red?
    1. Does a Pokemon egg have higher chance of becoming a shiny?
    2. If I save a game before I get the eggs, hatch them, and they are not shiny, can I reset and get the same eggs again, does the shiny thing resets or it's still same POkemon?
    3. Can you chain in Fire red?
    4. Any advice? :D

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this here, but I also would like to join the Shiny Club and post about my findings and experiences :)

Below you will find a list of all my Shinies I currently obtained in my Pokemon X game:

Masuda Method:
    Fennekin (458 Eggs)
    Torchic (38 Eggs)
    Fletchling (64 Eggs)
    Honedge (720 Eggs)
    Rhyhorn (61 Eggs)
    *Amaura (7 Eggs)
    *Charmander (532 Eggs + Everstone)
    *Eevee (28 Eggs)
    *Squirtle (8 Eggs)
    *Bulbasaur (450 Eggs)

* = Since obtained the Shiny Charm

Pokeradar:
    Skiddo (Gogoat)

Chain Fishing:
    Horsea (3x)
    Clauncher (3x)
    Relicanth
    Barboach
    Remoraid
    Magikarp (Gyarados)
    Goldeen (2x)
    Corphish (2x)
    Clamperl
    Basculin (6x)
    Poliwhirl (3x)
    Octillery

Friend Safari:
    Pansear (2x)
    Barbaracle
    Pidgey (2x)
    Octillery
    Volbeat
    Audino
    Riolu (Lucario)
    Sliggoo (Goodra)
    Muk
    Tropius

I am going to hunt for a Shiny Pichu soon, using the Masuda Method ofcourse on my Pokemon X game :) Will keep you guys updated! ;)

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
    Guys, how to catch a shiny in Pokemon Fire Red?
    1. Does a Pokemon egg have higher chance of becoming a shiny?
    2. If I save a game before I get the eggs, hatch them, and they are not shiny, can I reset and get the same eggs again, does the shiny thing resets or it's still same POkemon?
    3. Can you chain in Fire red?
    4. Any advice? :D

I don't believe there is any difference in egg hatching in fire red compared to any other game.
    (masuda would be difficult, no online trading to get a foreign Pokemon)
    Shininess, IV's, and etc. of an Egg are determined the minute you get the Egg from the day care, so no.
    Also, chaining is not possible due to the fact that this game does not include the Pokeradar.
    Honestly, I think one of the best ways would be to just find a patch with a Pokemon you want, and RE it like crazy.
    You could try SRing a legendary, if your internal battery hasn't run dry.
    Hope this helped!

Years
    I don't believe there is any difference in egg hatching in fire red compared to any other game.
    (masuda would be difficult, no online trading to get a foreign Pokemon)
    Shininess, IV's, and etc. of an Egg are determined the minute you get the Egg from the day care, so no.
    Also, chaining is not possible due to the fact that this game does not include the Pokeradar.
    Honestly, I think one of the best ways would be to just find a patch with a Pokemon you want, and RE it like crazy.
    You could try SRing a legendary, if your internal battery hasn't run dry.
    Hope this helped!

Yes it did! thanks.

You said
    "Shininess, IV's, and etc. of an Egg are determined the minute you get the Egg from the day care"
    That means that if I save BEFORE I get the egg from daycare ( meaning that an egg is already there, but I haven't picked it up yet), I could easily reset and pick it up from the day care again. Right?

How can I be sure my internal battery isn't dry?

Last one, what is RE? :D

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
    Yes it did! thanks.

You said
    "Shininess, IV's, and etc. of an Egg are determined the minute you get the Egg from the day care"
    That means that if I save BEFORE I get the egg from daycare ( meaning that an egg is already there, but I haven't picked it up yet), I could easily reset and pick it up from the day care again. Right?

How can I be sure my internal battery isn't dry?

Last one, what is RE? :D

Hm... I think that would probably work. Although it would probably take near the same amount of work as the usual method. However, it would eradicate the issue of having a lot of leftover non-shiny Pokemon in your PC.

If your internal battery is dry, it will alert you when you open the game.

RE stands for Random Encounter; say, if you took a stroll into the tall grass and encountered a zigzagoon, that would be an RE.

RE = Random Encounter
    MM = Masuda Method
    SR = Soft Reset

Years
    Hm... I think that would probably work. Although it would probably take near the same amount of work as the usual method. However, it would eradicate the issue of having a lot of leftover non-shiny Pokemon in your PC.

If your internal battery is dry, it will alert you when you open the game.

RE stands for Random Encounter; say, if you took a stroll into the tall grass and encountered a zigzagoon, that would be an RE.

RE = Random Encounter
    MM = Masuda Method
    SR = Soft Reset

Oh so I should just find some grass and grind there. Alright.

One last thing, if a Pokemon is shiny, will it have that sparkle thing around him when I first encounter him? And does that shiny thing make a sound?

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
    Oh so I should just find some grass and grind there. Alright.

One last thing, if a Pokemon is shiny, will it have that sparkle thing around him when I first encounter him? And does that shiny thing make a sound?

Yes! In any game, there will be a sparkling animation around the Pokemon after its cry audio is played, accompanied by a sort of 'jingle' sound.

Back