• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2016
    So i want to get a lot more shinnies so can someone help me to find a way to get a shiny really fast In the Friend Safari! I would really appreciate it!!! If you can help me i might be able you with something else Pokemon related. I mean all my old accounts we're called PokeNerdsgame. Thanks you very much!!!! :)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    So i want to get a lot more shinnies so can someone help me to find a way to get a shiny really fast In the Friend Safari! I would really appreciate it!!! If you can help me i might be able you with something else Pokemon related. I mean all my old accounts we're called PokeNerdsgame. Thanks you very much!!!! :)

Well there are a couple theories on how the increased chances work.

1. The odds are raised until you find all Pokemon. This applies to every time you enter, even if you know what the Pokemon are. Go into the Safari and find all 3, leave, do it again.
    2. There is a certain patch determined to generate a shiny after every encounter. Best bet to just use Sweet Scent or Honeys instead of walking. Can be used in conjunction with 1.
    3. A random safari is chosen out of your entire list. That one and only that one safari will have increased chances.

We do know that the other player does not have to be online to find a shiny.

In my experience, I've always found mine after I had already found all 3, rather close to the time I entered (within 5 minutes), and the other player was never online.

I have found a Shiny Ditto, Spiritomb, and Illumise in the Friend Safari.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2016
    Is this why the first time i went into a safari I got a shiny Delibird and a shiny Mawile as my first pokemon?

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Hi everyone. Congrats on new shinies and welcome to all new members.

Time to catch some tauros at the safari zone.

Cya later and happy hunting.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    The May Monthly Quest sounds cool, might not do it though as I'm kinda busy with my own hunts. Speaking of which, as I expected I passed the odds for Chimchar last night, am on 8301 SR's atm. Hopefully soon, but you never know. Good luck all!
    ~MistressofMightyena~

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Thanks for the inspiration, Mightyena. Do we need help completing the dex or are the shinies were catching are not being counted yet? Shiny Houndour is awsome! Congrats on all the new shinies and members. Good luck!

Edit: Hey guys, I was wondering if I have a u.s x and a u.s y game and set one game in a 3ds in a different region other than the u.s can that work for the mesuda method? Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Hi guys! I actually have THREE new shinies to report! Pictures will be added in... eventually.

Chespin, Fletchling and Corsola. Two were bred, the other was an RE while checking out a new safari.

BUT that's not the entire reason I'm posting. As you all know Hoenn remakes have FINALLY been announced. To celebrate this I am SRing the Regis in W2 and working again on Latios in B2! Wish me luck all~

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2016
    Can people give me some Love? I am on Sapphire trying to SR for a shiny treecko and I could get the most love I can get!!! Thanks! <3

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Hey guys! I am back. I don't have any new shinies at the moment. I am going to try to get a Tauros at least though. Not sure what else I am going to try for at the moment.

Maybe a normal that is in Hoenn because of the confirmed remakes.

I do have a question though. In Heart Gold, can you catch the shiny forms of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza? I would love to try to get the shiny forms.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Can people give me some Love? I am on Sapphire trying to SR for a shiny treecko and I could get the most love I can get!!! Thanks! <3

Best of luck to ya! Hope it shines soon!

Hey guys! I am back. I don't have any new shinies at the moment. I am going to try to get a Tauros at least though. Not sure what else I am going to try for at the moment.

Maybe a normal that is in Hoenn because of the confirmed remakes.

I do have a question though. In Heart Gold, can you catch the shiny forms of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza? I would love to try to get the shiny forms.

It is completely possible. Do it!

Thanks for the inspiration, Mightyena. Do we need help completing the dex or are the shinies were catching are not being counted yet? Shiny Houndour is awsome! Congrats on all the new shinies and members. Good luck!

Edit: Hey guys, I was wondering if I have a u.s x and a u.s y game and set one game in a 3ds in a different region other than the u.s can that work for the mesuda method? Thanks for the reply!

I have no clue. Sorry D:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I got the wrong damn shiny for the Dex, I got a weedle wanted caterpie :( the hunt continues lol

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2014
    Hello! I'm Rain. In my Y game, I only have one shiny. And that's a shiny Ho-Oh I got randomly on Wonder Trade. ^^

Years
    I havent been here in a while, but I did manage to get 3 shinies this year. first one was in Sapphire, of all things, a shiny lv 2 Wurmple I got right after beating the E4 for the billionth time and went to retreive my flier pokemon.
    ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

also, today I started to properly chain fish. I just reeled up 2 Shiny Polywhirls within 30 minutes of each other!

I did also get a shiny metagross in wonder trade, but I released it, since I was pretty sure it was hacked.

Last edited:

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
    Wurmple is an awesome shiny. Congratz HaloSonic. Really like the nickname you gave it as well.

As for the May monthly quest. It looks pretty cool, If I was to find a Patrat in my wonderful adventures in the Virbank Complex it would count towards it. Although I think if had to pick one shiny out of the pokemon living there it would probably be Koffing. My main focus at the moment is to complete Pokemon Y, Diamond and Fire Red. Then once I've finished those games I'm going to try and hunt for a Shiny Chansey in the Trophy Garden with the Repel Trick. I havn't really had much chance to hunt this week due to this week being basically my End of Year Exam week despite it being about 10 weeks before the school year ends (Not sure how that works)

Good Luck on Your hunts guys!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Wow, congrats on the shinies. Nothing to report but Im done with school so I might do some hunting in the safaris. What is the repel trick?

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
    Wow, congrats on the shinies. Nothing to report but Im done with school so I might do some hunting in the safaris. What is the repel trick?

Basically let's say I want to find a Shiny Buneary and in an area the pokemon I can potentially find are: Starly Lv 21-24, Zigzagoon Lv 23 and Buneary Lv 25. In this scenario I get myself a Lv 25 Pokemon and put it at the top of my party, then I buy a ton of repels. By spraying a repel with a Lv 25 Pokemon at the top of my party the only pokemon I'll encounter in this area now is a Lv 25 Buneary. This means that when game feels generous and gives me a shiny that shiny is guaranteed to be Buneary.

Hope this helps.

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
    Wow, I never knew that trick. Does it work in any other game?

It works in all games. But the wild pokemon levels have to work with you as well. I know that the trick only works with certain pokemon.

For my Chansey hunt which I'll be starting once I finish Diamond. The trick will only half work as it'll make it so only Pikachu and Chansey appear.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    Hey guys, so I have decided to join this Shiny Hunter Club! ^^

I'm kind of new-ish to shiny hunting, but I have caught some shinies in my Pokemon X version, which are Dedenne, Murkrow, Clawitzer, Swirlix and Yanma!

Currently I'm hunting for Sentret on my HeartGold, Budew on my Pearl and Druddigon on my Black!

Good luck to all of your hunts! :-)

Back