• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
rsgh5 said:
i think he means that they're kinda pixilated? is that about right MM? hmm... dithering... desire for trainer sprites... seems like we should all agree on what our identification should look like before we decide that it's official for the club (sorry demoonica). or maybe we should determine if we want to have identification. i think it's a cool idea, but that's just me. maybe if some other people posted ideas we could come up with something that we all agree on. i'm fairly easygoing, but i also like to fiddle around with paint, so i guess i'll submit one as soon as i get my homework done...

Fine by me, I'll still make them for anyone who wants one then. As for the pixilation, there's only so much anyone can do with paint and paint is all I have to work with. There are so many people making cards, maybe I should just forget about it all together... *looks down* Thank you for hooraying me though...

MetalMario said:
"Dithering" means the little patterns of dots used to 'blend' and make what tries to look like one colour out of two or more. The Pok?mon sprites in rsgh5's card are dithered quite heavily.

They are the same sprites that he was useing before, I guess paint messed with them or the background makes it more noticeable.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
alright, tell us what you have now, so we can avoid conflict later (you spelled weird incorrectly in your title, just fyi)

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
Years
Sorry I haven't been around in a while, I've had lots of computer problems lately. I've just read through the pages that i missed, so welcome all new members. I'll update the dex with our new shinies.

And, uhh, I'm not sure what to do about that list posted by pkmaster, due to the confusion of everyone. Should I remove the shinies already added by her? Should i add all the 180 shinies on the list? Or, should I leave it as it is?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
don't add her shinies. we'll accept that she's confused or a liar. in either case, the shinies she's captured don't belong on the list, which means that you should also remove any you put on before, like her aerodactyl or feebas.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Oh wow! I had no idea this thread was what it really was! (Did that even make sense? 0_o) Err... anyway, I wanna join! I have a few shinies!

Lessee here... I have... *counts on fingers* three shinies in my possession right now. And I've lost two to game restarts. :( The three I have right now, I call the "Golden Trio," because for some strange reason, they're all yellow (or at least their base evolutions were. One of them is kinda orange and brown now (Exeggcutor), if I remember correctly, lol. He's in my Sapphire cartridge now, and I haven't looked at 'im in a while.). Anyway, sorry to get off track. I have an Altaria, an Exeggcutor, and a Fearow, all shiny. :D I'm so proud of 'em!

Unfortunately, though, I've lost two to game restarts. The first one was a tentacool. And although he was really hard to fight with (I rarely kept him from fainting, lol) I miss him just the same. I restarted the game without thinking.

The second one was the most grievous loss. I let my little cousin play my game without realizing that she might restart it. And lo and behold, that's just what she did. And do you know what shiny she got rid of for me? My favorite... man, it hurts just to say it. My beautiful... blue... Ralts!!! *Wails aloud* Aaargh! I'm still in mourning for him!

*Sniff* Anyway, I'd like a shiny hunter card, Miss LDD, if it's not too much trouble. And I only want my Golden Trio on it. If the Tentacool and the... the... Ralts *Waah* were on there, they'd just remind me of what I'll never have again. ;_;

Congratulations to everyone else who's caught shinies! You guys rock! XD

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Shuko said:
I'd like a shiny hunter card, Miss LDD.

Sure, if you would so kindly pick it up on the Shiny Hunter Club Card Requests. Also anyone else who wants one, please use that thread.

EDIT: Oh and rsgh5 I felt bad that the pokemon looked bad on your card so I used different sprites and updated it, not much better, but at least i hope it's a noticeable difference.

EDIT 2: One of my friends caught her first shiny, a Cubone! Thought I'd brag for her because she's not on PC.

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
I already posted this in the shiny thread in the Ru/Sa forum, but it occurred to me, that the Shiny Hunters could probably be more qualified to answer my question. ^_^; Okay, here's the sitch: I'm restarting my game in Ruby, and I wanna try to get a shiny starter. I'm really determined this time (I only gave up after three hours last time, lol), so I don't wanna hear how ridiculously stupid it is, and how N00b1$h I'm being. :P I just have a question, and it's a doozie. This is for any of you who've had the fortune to get a shiny starter in Ruby or Sapphire:

When you put the cursor on the Pokemon, did it have a different color in the preview pic? Or was it just a preset image, and gave no indication of your pokemon's er... shininess? If any of you have caught a shiny starter, please try to remember... I'm curious to know if I'll be able to tell before I actually engage that stupid Poochyena in battle, lol.

Years
Shuko said:
When you put the cursor on the Pokemon, did it have a different color in the preview pic? Or was it just a preset image, and gave no indication of your pokemon's er... shininess? If any of you have caught a shiny starter, please try to remember... I'm curious to know if I'll be able to tell before I actually engage that stupid Poochyena in battle, lol.
I haven't caught a shiny starter, but I'm pretty sure the preview doesn't show it as shiny, considering its stats are determined only once you commit to it. ("SO-AND-SO received a STARTER!")

groudon92

your WILL be done
Years
as you can see in my sig i have SHINY GOREBYSS!!! i traded it to my sister then trade it back :D im so happy!! um if i had a shiny in silver/gold/crystal version but used the cheap ditto trick to have it does that count?(JUST ASKING)

Last edited:
Years
groudon92 said:
as you can see in my sig i have SHINY GOREBYSS!!! i traded it to my sister then trade it back :D im so happy!! um if i had a shiny in silver/gold/crystal version but used the cheap ditto trick to have it does that count?(JUST ASKING)
Breeding for shinies in G/S/C doesn't involve cheating, so I'd say it's legit.

Forgotten_hope

ジョン
Years
OMG I'M SO HAPPY!after hours and hours of searching...i go a shiny absol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!w0000000000000000t!i'm so happy.i love absol's.

Arcanine Fan 101

Lonesome Girl.
Years
hers what i have to say ive have been searching for every one of then for 8 years and i had the nereve to just tell only peopl who ithought would belive me and this club is the only peopl who know about so if remove them than that would be a digras to you and everybody and even me i put over 400 hours of my life just searching for them so if you do remove them than i will leave this just aaryn understand me this offical get got it good so i have a nice dayb this all ture if you dont belive then come over to my house and look fo yourself officaily get got good this what i have to say.i end my story.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
well ivent been here in awhile looks like new member ^_^;;;; anyway hows hunting havent done any lately will wait for gc and ds version then do that.

B.Coen

The Next Legend
Years
hello i would like to join you club as of now i have 7 shiney pokemon between my sapphire and fire red games

vaporion,rapidash,charizard,mewtwo,blaziken,aggron,and weezing

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
pkmaster said:
hers what i have to say ive have been searching for every one of then for 8 years and i had the nereve to just tell only peopl who ithought would belive me and this club is the only peopl who know about so if remove them than that would be a digras to you and everybody and even me i put over 400 hours of my life just searching for them so if you do remove them than i will leave this just aaryn understand me this offical get got it good so i have a nice dayb this all ture if you dont belive then come over to my house and look fo yourself officaily get got good this what i have to say.i end my story.

Man, that is so lame. :( Dude, you're giving the Shiny Hunters a bad name, you know? I mean, not only is this (grammatically atrocious) post nothing more than a pathetic cry for help, it's all total baloney. Now, I don't go around flaming people, but it really cheeses me when people blatantly lie for attention. I mean, honestly. 400 shinies? Yeah right. The only way you could get that many is if either a) your game was glitchy, or b) you sharked or AR'ed 'em in. And neither one counts, ya know?

And you say you've been searching for shinies for 8 years, huh? Well, I've got news for you, my friend. Pokemon Gold and Silver didn't come out here in the states until March of 2000, and they didn't come out in Japan until November 21, 1999. So there's no way you could have been searching for shinies for 8 years. :( (Shinies first appeared in the gold and silver games)

And that whole garbage about "if you don't believe me, come to my house and see" is ridiculous because of course no one knows where you live, and you'd be a nincompoop to tell anyone. So don't use that as justification either. This whole thing stinks, and if you're mad that they removed your "shiny" pokemon from the list, then you're getting mad for no good reason. Just hunt for shinies in earnest, like the rest of us, and it'll make it all that much more fun when you do actually find one. Do you understand? Having the most shinies isn't what it's all about. It's the thrill and excitement of finding something so rare that makes it all worthwhile. It wouldn't make any difference to me at all if I owned 200 shinies if I didn't catch 'em myself. Where's the fun in it?

Get your act together, okay? We're in this for the fun, not the bragging rights. Geez...

Back