• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
  • @iDOLHACKS: We don't support the use of hacks in this club. There are other places where you can find the answer you seek. Check the ROM Hacking section. Someone should be able to help you there.

Welcome to the club, Fairy Aura!

This week's random hunt is... Magnemite! Sorry for the delay.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    Introduction to my first Shiny:
    This is a needlessly long story, and almost pointless story. You should skip it.

Back during generation (II) I wasn't even aware of the existence of shiny type Pokemon.
    It wasn't until Generation (III) When I just happened to stumble upon a shiny Aron that I discovered one, I however at first was still rather naive at the time and just assumed they acted much like the spinda race. It wasn't until my friend made a big deal about my catch that I finally understood that I had caught something rather special, and became overly excited about the fact.

My Hunt for Shinies:
    Upon the newly established discovery, I was curious and craving for more shiny type Pokemon! I however didn't know where to begin, and nor did my friend. Much like most kids at the time we decided to take our search onto the internet to find out some additional information about the shinyverse, and how to obtain them. Unfortunately for us however we only ended up finding false methods that left us distraught, that eventually lead to us giving up our hunt for the time being.

It wouldn't be until my next accidental encounter that I would become interested in the hunt for shiny Pokemon again. Using the Save & Reset method next to bill I was attempting to obtain a female Eevee so I could mimic my pokemon of my original silver play through. After around 15 resets I still wasn't able to obtain a female Eevee, instead I was blessed with a shiny Eevee. This prompted me to once again research shinies in the attempt to gain more of these beautiful pokemon. However this time I was able to find much more detailed methods such as chaining and the medusa method. I didn't quite understand the chaining method of shiny hunting, so I instead went for the medusa method, which after over 3000+ eggs, I eventually gave up as usual.

Blessed, and unfortunate during my sixth generation playthrough I ended up running into two shiny Pokemon. The first was one a cute blue flower Flabebe which I was able to catch, and the second one was a beautiful Sliggoo which I accidentally killed. After these two encounters I gave shiny hunting one last chance, and actually had a few success and was able to obtain a shiny Fletchling, and a shiny Clauncher.

With all that typed out. I can only hope you enjoyed my poorly written, and pointless story, about what lead me to here. XD

Shiny List:
    1. Aron
      How I obtained: Sheer Luck
      Generation Obtained: ( III ) Ruby
    2. Eevee
      Generation Obtained: ( IV ) Soul Silver
    3. Pidgey
      How I obtained: Trading
      Generation Obtained: ( IV ) Diamond
    4. Flabebe:
      Generation Obtained: ( VI ) X
    5. Clauncher
      How I obtained: Fishing Method
    6. Fletchling
      How I obtained: Chaining Method

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Congrats on all new finds and hello to all new members :)

Just picked up my OR and AS, only playing AS for now though. Let the shiny hunt commence!

PS, the price is in $NZ so if it looks high, it is standard pricing here. Plus I got $10 off each one with a loyalty card :)

2014_11_21_10_08_32.jpg

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I am still really annoyed I have to wait till the 28th to get my copies. Ruby and Sapphire were my favourite so this wait is killing me. Can't wait to start hunting on them as they were the first games I started my hunts on.

Years
  • Hi all,

I have good news. First shiny of ORAS! When I was trying to get a ralts on that one route, I found a shiny wurmple! Pictures will come. It is jolly, but I dont know ivs since i haven't even got first gym badge yet.

Enth

EDIT: Pictures
    d17a4b4a

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am still really annoyed I have to wait till the 28th to get my copies. Ruby and Sapphire were my favourite so this wait is killing me. Can't wait to start hunting on them as they were the first games I started my hunts on.

^This. It sucks. ;(

Regardless, I'll just press on for Shaymin in the wait. Maybe I can get to 10k before ORAS xD

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

That picture is literally stabbing in the chest right now. A very painful part that won't kill me but is intensely painful...Multiple times!

JK. Its not your fault. I'm actually happy for all those people that got it today :). I'm just mad at Tescos, ASDA, GAME and all those other shops that released X & Y before the worldwide release date >:(. Tesco didn't even deliver my copy of X & Y until 5 days after the worldwide release date :(. Maybe Magikarp will shine during the wait for the 28th! I also really hope the legendaries in this game aren't locked to not be shiny.

Good luck on you're hunts everyone! and congratz on all shinies that were obtained since I last posted on here in July/August/September whenever it was.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Happy OR/AS!!

I looked at the calendar today, and it's November!! You know what that means: it's time for...

The November Monthly Quest!!

Happy November!

Find a Flying-type shiny and a brown shiny to complete this month's quest! Together, your shinies can make a turkey! :D

Chained and Safari Pokemon are not eligible to count for the Quest.

The contest lasts until midnight EST on December 22nd, 2014.

Good luck and have fun!

Welcome to Fairy Aura and Disolia and a huge congrats to Enth on getting the first OR/AS shiny!!

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Hello everyone.

Just a quick update. Just bought both games and guess what. Shiny mudkip in my alpha sapphire after just some soft resets (around 10-20). Fastest shiny ever in a long time for me.

taking pics atm. will upload soon.

edit: pic added, no name for my mudkip for now. I'll add one when i get to slateport if the name rater is still there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    I haven't played my copy yet, let alone unwraped it from the wrap. Changed my order to Walmart on Tuesday since Amazon hadn't charged me yet to get the figure. The figure comes on Wednesday. Do the November challenge count on the new game? Congrats to all the ORAS shinies! Hope to get some soon. Starting with Shiny Metacross.

Edit: Finally got to play a bit.

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • Looks like my new Alpha Sapphire loves me as much as my old Sapphire. BEFORE I even met Wally.

SHINY NEWS!

SHINY RALTS!
    Route 102

Level 3
    Female
    Relaxed Nature
    Ability - Trace
    ATK 6
    DEF 6
    SpATK 8
    SpDEF 7
    Speed 6
    Mischiveous

I can only hope this means this game will be lucky. I wish I could get you all some pics.

Years
  • yes hello friends i doubt any of you remember me but i am here

I couldn't pass up Hoenn remakes so I just dropped $250 on a 3DS and Omega Ruby... Yeah. Sad that they didn't get their own 3DSes like X/Y did, but I think I'll live with an NES 3DS. I think I'mma do a shiny badge quest or something, unless I get impatient and wanna get to muh legendaries. Gonna try and get a shiny Treecko first though.

i luv nd miss u all mkay

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • Congratz Enth on the Shiny Wurmple, in ORAS as well!!!!
    Congratz Chr. Dragon on the Mudkip. Damn that is a short hunt.
    Congratz Fairy Aura on the Swirlix.
    Congratz Lady Demonica Darkmoon on the Ralts. Before you met Wally as well! Make sure to throw it in his face, that guy is rather annoying with how he finds a Ralts first time and you spend ages searching for just a regular normal one and with how your in game dad lends him a pokemon so he can catch his own but he can't loan you one to catch your own pokemon

I have soem Shiny News as well. I was doing some encounters on my Platinum while watching I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here! And a at 21:31 after 3135 encounters while fishing in the Resort Area, a shiny Magikarp appears!!! I had the sound off as well so it's a good thing I was watching my screen. I dunno what happens to my hunting in the post-August months but something just puts me off hunting during these months. It's weird :/
    *Found on the 23rd November 2014 at 21:31pm after 3135 encounters*

Stats:
    Spoiler:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Good luck on your hunts everyone!

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Welcome to the club, Disolia! Welcome back, Le Krome! I remember you. Congrats on all the new shinies!

This week's random hunt is... Smoochum/Jynx!

Enjoy the new games! RSE have a special place in my heart, but I can't get excited about the new remakes. That's the only generation when I bought all of the versions. I don't plan on getting OR or AS, but I'll never say never.

Years
  • Ok I want to join this club because I'm a shiny hunter :)
    Those are my shinys and how I got them :

BY TRADE :
    - Nidoking
    - Octillery
    - Starmie
    - Durant
    - Gigalith
    - All the Evee evolution except evee
    - Zoroark
    - Amoonguss
    - Unfezant
    - Dunsparce
    - Whirlipede
    - Lugia
    - Ho-oh
    - Rayquaza

BY HUNTING :
    - Mawile
    - Galvantula
    - Avalugg
    - Malamar
    - Mandibuzz
    - Heracross
    - Gallade
    - Gardevoir
    - Florges (the blue one)
    - Absol

BY MASUDA :
    - Empoleon
    - Milotic
    - Swampert
    - Sceptile
    - Blaziken
    - Mightyena
    - Linoone
    - Beautifly
    - Dustox
    - Ludicolo
    - Shiftry
    - Swellow
    - Pelipper
    - Surskit
    - Shroomish
    - Slakoth

I must say that I got some of them as babies (especially with the masuda method) and then I got them to their final evolution.

Right now I applying the masuda method on Nincada. My goal is to have the whole 3rd Gen in shiny :)

For the exchanged one, I cannot guarantee that they are not hacked. As for the rest, I got them properly :)

See ya !

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • @ Spritingyoshi22 - Wiped the floor with his whole team with her alone and she was lower level than any of them. I felt so proud.

So finished the main plot, not Delta yet. Instead been catching Pokemon for Dex and training up the team. Should do some hunting when I figure out what I want to hunt for in AS. Nothing in a cave, I hate trying to find anything in those... and I would likely get a 4th Zubat...

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • Thank you and congrats on your shiny magikarp, seeing you play pokemon platinum makes me want to get the 4th gen games since I missed out on them for not owning a DS back then, I really wanted SoulSilver though since pokemon silver was the game that got me into pokemon but they are rare and being sold for so much money on amazon so I guess I should get the Pre-Owned ones. I hope you find some more shiny pokemon on your games and also on OR/AS. :-)
    Awesome and thanks. If you are planning to get a 4th gen game I would say get either Platinum or Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Diamond and Pearl are ok but Platinum is probably the best if you are looking to travel through Sinnoh. As much as I love my Diamond for the 3 shinies it has given me, as an actual game Platinum is superior. Also you were right about SoulSilver and HeartGold, new ones go for loads on Amazon.

Shiny!!! I have not long picked my Abra hunt in the game corner on Leaf Green back up and I am so glad I did. Because after 1634 pokemon seen, while I was watching Docks' FIFA 15 career mode Episode 83, at 15:56 PM I found a Shiny Abra on my Leaf Green. I caught the live reaction as well! :D
    It's actually quite hard to see the difference unless you compare the non-shiny and shiny right next to each other. Shiny Abra is a darker shade of yellow (Lighter in other games) and has a more lilac coloured chest.

*Found on 26th November 2014 at 15:56 PM after 1634 Pokemon*

Stats:
    Spoiler:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Good luck on your hunts guys!!!!!!

Years
  • So, just posting the findings that the half of the youtube community I'm in have so far of the new games:

Mirage spot legends are UNLOCKED, i.e. CAN BE SHINY, but it looks like they're friend safari odds (1/512).
    The Poochyena you fight when soft resetting starters IS LOCKED, so it cannot be shiny.
    Castform is unlocked.
    It looks as though the dexnav can be used for chaining.
    It also looks like the 1/4096 odds are still in place.
    You can achieve the shiny charm before the E4 and it does stack with Masuda.

I'll try to keep you guys updated with any news. Obviously none of this is confirmed other than mirage spots for absolute sure, but this is what we've come to mostly agree on at the moment!
    If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I can maybe try to help out :3

Years
  • So, just posting the findings that the half of the youtube community I'm in have so far of the new games:

Mirage spot legends are UNLOCKED, i.e. CAN BE SHINY, but it looks like they're friend safari odds (1/512).
    The Poochyena you fight when soft resetting starters IS LOCKED, so it cannot be shiny.
    Castform is unlocked.
    It looks as though the dexnav can be used for chaining.
    It also looks like the 1/4096 odds are still in place.
    You can achieve the shiny charm before the E4 and it does stack with Masuda.

I'll try to keep you guys updated with any news. Obviously none of this is confirmed other than mirage spots for absolute sure, but this is what we've come to mostly agree on at the moment!
    If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I can maybe try to help out :3

Curious, which ones are the Mirage Spot legendaries? Cresselia, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem? Any others?

Years
  • Curious, which ones are the Mirage Spot legendaries? Cresselia, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem? Any others?

Ho-oh, Lugia, Heatran, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, and Cresselia, from what I've gathered.

Back