• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
  • Welcome kydeka!

So, don't know whether to laugh or cry. After catching the Wingull, I had a break then 5 more horde encounters this shined:

2015_01_05_12_10_07.jpg

REALLY annoying since I just got one and was hunting Mareep (which is twice as common as a Wingull when you have Static first in your party). On the other hand, 2 full-odds shinies (no Shiny charm) in the space of 5 mins game time is a record for me!

Hoping that I don't have a third one to add before I get the Mareep...

2birds.png

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Happy New Year!

Welcome to all the new members and congrats on all the new shinies!

This week's random hunt is... Karrablast!

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • Wow, 2 Wingulls and a Mareep? Nice!
    I'm also now searching for Noibat/Noivern, as I only just realised how pretty they are.
    noivern.gif
    ...*__*

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I went on a bit of a hiatus, and this was one of the few portions of PC that I missed being able to hang around. :3

I haven't posted here since prior to X/Y, so here's a quick update:
    Spoiler:

I got shiny charm near the end of last year, with the help of a couple of friends. I have a few more shinies in my copy of AS, but they were chain fished (2 Wailmer and a Feebas, I believe). I currently am running around the friend safari, so I can give out a few shinies to celebrate the opening of my new trade shop.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Thanks Kydeka, best luck (I think, 2 were the wrong ones....) I have ever had with shinies.

Still don't know if this is a good start to the year or not, but hey. Think that I will go with the cup half full approach - lots of shinies YAY!

Over 400 encounters now trying to DexNav an Eevee, longest chain of 160, and no luck.

Hunted around the Friend Safari for Noibat, after 300ish encounters, turned the game back on and first encounter:

2015_01_06_15_43_37.jpg

Can't really complain as I didn't have one and it is a cool shiny. But again, not the one I want lol!

Years
  • Wow congrats on all those shinies Paul! I'm at 9,000 RAs for Shaymin and 12,000 REs for Jigglypuff phase #2, so hoping to have some luck soon. Haven't had a majorly short hunt in a while.

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years

• I'd like to join! c: So far I've chained a shiny, female HA Eevee and a shiny Girafarig.
    I'm pretty thrilled since I didn't have much experience with chaining prior to ORAS! God bless the DexNav.

Meet "Pearl" and "Aspen"!
    133.png
    203.png

My next goal is a shiny Phantump and a shiny Mawile. Chaining in the Petalburg woods
    is killing me, though, so I keep giving up on the Phantump after an hour or so. x_x

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • @epicassassin1811 - Nice, I got my Torchic not long ago but I just SR for mine.

@TheShinyEevee - Thanks, I'm sure you will get one soon :) And see below lol!

@TrainerWren - Hi and welcome! Shiny hunting requires a lot of patience, but the Dex nav makes it (somewhat) easier to find what you want, though Petalburg woods is a tough one to chain in!

And another update – on a chain of 107 this guy finally popped for me, with 31 IV's in Att, Def and SpDef. And yes, I have added Shadow ball and Hidden Power:

2015_01_07_11_41_54.jpg

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
    Years
  • @TrainerWren - Hi and welcome! Shiny hunting requires a lot of patience, but the Dex nav makes it (somewhat) easier to find what you want, though Petalburg woods is a tough one to chain in!

Oh, good, so it's note just me struggling with the Petalburg woods! haha
    Congratulations on finally getting your shiny Eevee! c:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • [/SIZE]

Oh, good, so it's note just me struggling with the Petalburg woods! haha
    Congratulations on finally getting your shiny Eevee! c:

Thanks!

And there are some routes that are simply better for chaining than others: on Route 116 for example (searching for Eevee) there was a spot where if I searched for a Pokemon (once the chain had been started), there was a 99% chance it would find something. The spot you stand on when you search can make a big difference!

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Hello everyone! I primarily hunt in X...well...more like breed using MM.

My shinies
    Spoiler:

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • Does anyone happen to own a dragon type safari with noibat? So far no luck with breeding and random encounters. :C
    Proper jealous of the Shiny Eevee! Good job though c:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • @saronai – Hi and welcome! Always nice to see new members and hear about their shinies!

@Kydeka – yeah, it was a lot of time and effort but I'm happy! I have 1 friend with a Noibat Friend Safari, but can't remember where I got their friend code from....

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • Hey guys! I've been a member here for years, probably longer than most of you.

I've had spurts of posting then taking a break and I'm back so lets get chatting. When I played my first run through of Pokemon X, I only had one shiny encounter, and that was a shiny Sandslash. I captured it, and eventually traded it later.

I'm on a second run right now of Pokemon X and I'm hunting a shiny Flabebe. It's one of my favorite Pokemon in that generation. In Pokemon AS, I'm hunting a shiny Shroomish.

So I hope to update you all soon with those captures! I'd also like to join this club!

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Hey guys! I've been a member here for years, probably longer than most of you.

I've had spurts of posting then taking a break and I'm back so lets get chatting. When I played my first run through of Pokemon X, I only had one shiny encounter, and that was a shiny Sandslash. I captured it, and eventually traded it later.

I'm on a second run right now of Pokemon X and I'm hunting a shiny Flabebe. It's one of my favorite Pokemon in that generation. In Pokemon AS, I'm hunting a shiny Shroomish.

So I hope to update you all soon with those captures! I'd also like to join this club!

From a shiny club noob to a returner, welcome back :) Good luck with your Flabebe and Shroomish!

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • Wow, It's been a while ^_^

I have now started to Shiny Hunt on Omega Ruby as well a Y, currently on around 60 hours and only have 6 Badges... :)

I HAVE currently caught a Shiny Tentacool (my first in Omega Ruby, a Magikarp and a Sharpedo :)

hope to be catching many more!!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Hi all, hope we are all going well!

@Randall Raichu - if you get a Flabebe, would you evolve it or leave it as is? Always a hard choice, but I usually evolve them.

Anyway, approx 1000 Friend Safari encounters and got the right one this time! 31 IV's are SpAtt and Speed, which is perfect for what I want it for. Again, I have used some TMs already lol:

2015_01_12_09_13_55.jpg

Back