• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
    SHINY SANDSHREW!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiny Sandshrew in Relic Castle on encounter #13,695! This is my first shiny in Black 2, after 15,308 overall encounters. Now on to Yamask!

Spoiler:

That's three consecutive hunts ending at over 10,000 for me, "lol." If something on Route 116 shines before Froakie, I'll continue my streak even more! {XD}

Yep! Bittersweet, though, because I was in the process of breeding for a competitively-viable Chansey. The Yamask I hatched had 5 IVs (no special attack, but the Cohagrigus I had in mind didn't utilize special attack, so that's no loss for me), and I had only just bred on Aromatherapy to the batch of Chanseys before I got the shiny. I really wanted one with Seismic Toss. I wish I had gone for that one first. I might go back one day and get the shiny Chansey that I wanted, but for now I'm super happy with Hot Tamale X3

That's okay - you still got a shiny!! And the Yamask is totally awesome, haha.

If you want to give me your luck for a little bit to hold on to so you don't get any shinies while you're still setting up the egg moves and IVs, I guess I could hold it for you for a little bit and give it back at a later time...possibly...maybe...

*concocts evil plan* :pink_evil:

But really, you got two incredible shinies, with or without Seismic Toss! Maybe you could make a special Blissey with Flamethrower and Fire Blast, "lol."

Firenutt? XD I just use my Fletchinder, for Flying as well o-o
    I don't really do IVs now, because the things I'm working on are making me rush around, and I don't have the time to wait for someone to randomly give me something that has good IVs o-o

I need to get me a 6IV ditto... ;-;

Anyways, I hatched 2 boxes of Vulpix. No luck D:
    I only hatch 2 boxes at a time because I don't want to end up getting 5-15 boxes of a Pokemon if I only need one shiny, and get the shiny on my first box or so o-o

Haha, that's a good idea. Although if you wanted good IVs, you could probably get them without too much trouble; there's a really good chance (much better than 1/31) that something you already have will have at least one perfect IV, and then you can give a power item to that one so your shiny Vulpix will have a perfect IV! In the two boxes you've already hatched, you probably already have some with at least some decent IVs!

It does take a while to have them all checked, though, so you really can't go wrong either way. With one method you get a really cool shiny with great stats, but by the other you might get your shiny faster!

Akyso

❤ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚ ✧ sparkle for you ❤
    Years
    I can borrow you the perfect female Vulpix if you want. Also I do it like this.

I never store them in boxes. I immediately release them after hatching but I do the 2-3-2-3 method. I get all 5 eggs at the time, I go hatch two, then release two, next I'm going to look for next 2 eggs while hatching the remaining 3 and then I release those 3 and I look for them again while releasing the remaining 2, so I have continuity.

No, it's okay. I don't like to take out the daycare pokemon once I get started, so. c: Thanks anyways.

Wow, that's really confusing >_< I'm okay with just wondertrading off my Pokemon though. That's how I get most of my foreign Pokemon and nice IV-ed Pokemon. Also Poke-Miles :p

Also, Congrats G-Money! :D I would quote it, but I don't know how to do multiple quotes qq
    I also have looked at some Vulpix. So far, I've only checked about 12, but I have found some with good IVs. :D

Years
    Congratz G-Money. Sandshrew/Sandslash is one of my most favorite Pokemons and true Pokebros haha. I have one Shiny Sandslash at my X as well. I love it's bloodshot red color.

As for you Akyso. You would get at leat 5IV Vulpixes easier, but whatever floats your boat. I have 2 boxes of at least 5IV Drought Vulpixes now, so I don't mind.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
    Firenutt? XD I just use my Fletchinder, for Flying as well o-o
    I don't really do IVs now, because the things I'm working on are making me rush around, and I don't have the time to wait for someone to randomly give me something that has good IVs o-o

I need to get me a 6IV ditto... ;-;

Anyways, I hatched 2 boxes of Vulpix. No luck D:
    I only hatch 2 boxes at a time because I don't want to end up getting 5-15 boxes of a Pokemon if I only need one shiny, and get the shiny on my first box or so o-o
    I super cheated to get my 6IV Ditto. I had been eligible to trade for one over on Reddit's Breeding Dittos forum, but because of my bad internet I was never able to actually secure one. I ended up injecting one into my game back when everyone found out it was super easy to do. Haven't injected since and haven't injected anything else - I still have some pride as a shiny hunter :P

Also, to quote multiple posts you click on the little quotations button, and that toggles the post quoted/unquoted. Click it on a bunch of different posts, then at the bottom of the page click the Post Reply button and you'll be taken to a new text box with all the quoted posts! Took me a little while to figure that out.

SHINY SANDSHREW!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to give me your luck for a little bit to hold on to so you don't get any shinies while you're still setting up the egg moves and IVs, I guess I could hold it for you for a little bit and give it back at a later time...possibly...maybe...

*concocts evil plan*
    It sounds like you're got plenty of luck without needing any of mine :P I'll be sure to keep you in mind, haha. And congrats on your newest addition! It amazes me how many encounters you have.

Akyso

❤ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚ ✧ sparkle for you ❤
    Years
    Congratz G-Money. Sandshrew/Sandslash is one of my most favorite Pokemons and true Pokebros haha. I have one Shiny Sandslash at my X as well. I love it's bloodshot red color.

As for you Akyso. You would get at leat 5IV Vulpixes easier, but whatever floats your boat. I have 2 boxes of at least 5IV Drought Vulpixes now, so I don't mind.

Well, I'm already okay with the egg moves I'm getting from this Vulpix, and I'm sorry, but I kinda don't want captivate on a Vulpix XD.

How do you supercheat, bill? o-o I was never really into doing pokesaves and hacks, so I really don't know much on hacking. Oh well. I might look around for a 6IV ditto someday ;-;

Also just noticed the multi-quote button XD

Years
    Well, I'm already okay with the egg moves I'm getting from this Vulpix, and I'm sorry, but I kinda don't want captivate on a Vulpix XD.

How do you supercheat, bill? o-o I was never really into doing pokesaves and hacks, so I really don't know much on hacking. Oh well. I might look around for a 6IV ditto someday ;-;

What egg moves do you have?

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years

"Supercheating" in that the 6IV Ditto I have for breeding purposes isn't a legitimate Ditto. One day I'd like to catch a Ditto that has 6 perfect IVs, but I'm worn out from Ditto hunting. It took me weeks to get my shiny Ditto X3

Update on my shiny hunting: I'm planning on acquiring both a shiny Venonat and Venomoth. This'll be the first time I'll ever have a evolution line of shinies o: I'm hoping G-Money didn't take away my luck after all. I haven't decided exactly what moves I want both of them to have, but I know I want them to be ideal in terms of battling power, so I'll be looking at various movesets and natures accordingly. I'll post again with success stories!

Years
    My time for shiny breeding is really limited now, because of my working schedule. Only Sundays are really available, though I try to do that on every free hour in week I have. Also Terraria 1.3 came out, so I'm pretty torn right now :/

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    What shiny you hunting? c:

I got a Shiny Gogoat by wondertrading, heh. Anyways, I looked through some of my Vulpix and I got a 5IV Vulpix~ Yay :p

I am breeding for a shiny timid noibat (5iv). Hopefully its male so I can name it Malfoy, but I won't complain if I get a female shiny haha.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    JUST GOT A SHINY PAWNIARD VIA MASUDA METHOD AFTER 359 HATCHES AND SHE IS ADAMANT WITH DEFIANT AND 5 PERFECT IVs, I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW xD

Congrats! Sounds amazing to hatch a 5IV shiny. :)

Good lord I haven't posted here in over a year. Let's see, I hatched a shiny Pumpkaboo in January 2014 (see post) and caught a shiny Zekrom in December 2014 (see post). Since around capture, I've been stuck on Crescent Isle trying to SR for a shiny Cresselia that I've reallyyyy wanted since 2007. So far I'm at 1036 encounters with no luck. D:

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
    Good lord I haven't posted here in over a year. Let's see, I hatched a shiny Pumpkaboo in January 2014 (see post) and caught a shiny Zekrom in December 2014 (see post). Since around capture, I've been stuck on Crescent Isle trying to SR for a shiny Cresselia that I've reallyyyy wanted since 2007. So far I'm at 1036 encounters with no luck. D:
    O_o I wish you the greatest of luck in your quest to catch the shiny Cresselia, especially because you've wanted it for so long. The longest I've ever wanted a shiny might be a few weeks, and only because that's how long it took me to get it after I decided I wanted it. My shiny-hunting rests largely on whim. It's very impressive to see other people still at it after so long :D

Update on the Venonat&Venomoth hunt: I've done no breeding whatsoever. I have, however, decide on movesets, natures and abilities for the both of them. Hopefully I'll be able to get some work done tomorrow (later today, I guess), but who knows. Stay tuned.

Years
    Am I right in saying that if I save my game while carrying eggs and then just keep on restarting my game as they all hatch, they'll still have the same chance of being a shiny than as if I keep waiting for hundreds of eggs to "be made" and having to release them or store them? Saves time and also refills Hatching O Power quicker.

Edit: Gave up on Rufflet, moved on to Eevee, want shiny Umbreon

Edit 2: I actually already received a shiny Eevee in wonder trade but want my own, other can be used as trading bait

After Eevee im going after shiny Porygon

Last edited:
    Back