• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    Hello, Shiny Hunters! I would very much like to join your ranks!
    I've only ever encountered and caught two Shiny Pokemon in the wild so far - a female and male Heracross! I have other Shinies but they're either from events, built in-game or by trade. (Rayquaza, Charizard, Metagross, Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, Dragonite, Haxorus, Gible, Gyarados, Pichu, Furfrou and Genesect) My current goals are to breed Shiny Water Starters and find a Shiny by chain fishing. I've never really fished much so this will give me an incentive! Hope to also catch some for the club quests!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2015
    Hi my name is Joe and I have recently joined PC (yesterday) and I have just started hunting for my first shiny. I am very excited to dive into the world of shiny hunting!! If you have any tips all help is very much appreciated :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Still no Shiny Staryu but the Water Gods have rewarded me with more Water Shinys.

Shiny Female Horsea (Clair) on X - Really like the teal colour here. Might leave it as a Horsea for a while as I already have a Shiny Kingdra.

Shiny Male Carvanha on Alpha Sapphire - Chain Fished for half an hour for this guy. Not sure if I like the Pea Green and Sky Blue colouring of the Shiny. Now a Shiny Sharpedo (I surprisingly quite like the Purple) and great fun to Surf on. Shiny Mega Sharpedo should really be Black though.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
    Thanks - good luck with your Feebas!

Sorry, you can't double count for the Yearly Quest between tiers. What you can do, however, is double count between the Yearly Quest and the Monthly Quest! And if one Pokemon counts for multiple tiers, you can pick which one you want it to count for!

Fair enough, thought that might be the case! Currently done 2/7 tiers, others are close, the legends will be the toughest but I ave a plan! PS - I know there is a tier 8, but as there is no tier 5 it is 7 total tiers :)

Spoiler:

Tarro57

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    Decided to go back to Platinum and chain. Opened the file to see I was at Fuego Ironworks with a fainted Magnet Pull lead, so I went for the Magnemite. About 2 hours later, I broke my chain on a Magmar after catching 3 shiny Magnemites :) Might chain some Bidoof next. Can't wait to transfer them up :D

Edit: Decided to chain for a Budew for the Tier 1 challenge, ended up getting a patch at a chain of 8!!! It broke later due to aWurmple, but hey, I got one :)

Last edited:

Tarro57

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    And to end this fabulous day of shinies, I finally got my shiny starter in my Soul Silver! After a week of SRing, shiny Totodile decided to give me his presence! Now, to continue with my badge quest!

P.S. Feraligatr is my favorite Pokemon, so I'm pretty much freaking out right now :D

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
    And to end this fabulous day of shinies, I finally got my shiny starter in my Soul Silver! After a week of SRing, shiny Totodile decided to give me his presence! Now, to continue with my badge quest!

P.S. Feraligatr is my favorite Pokemon, so I'm pretty much freaking out right now :D

Congrats! Always nice to get starters! I got one today as well, but not as special :)

Snagged off the GTS today a shiny: Metapod, Nidoking, Mr. Mime, Totodile, Politoed, Umbreon, Pupiter

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I remember catching my first shiny Pokemon other than Red Gyarados...LOL!

My first shiny was shiny Boldore in the Friend Safari on X.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
    4321 Mélancolie Path encounters
    Some more Frillish

Hello, Shiny Hunters! I would very much like to join your ranks!

Welcome to the SHC, Spoonacross!! That's awesome, having two shiny Heracross - what a terrific shiny to start off with!

Which water starter are you going for first?

Hi my name is Joe and I have recently joined PC (yesterday) and I have just started hunting for my first shiny. I am very excited to dive into the world of shiny hunting!! If you have any tips all help is very much appreciated :)

Welcome to PC and to the Shiny Hunters Club! Feel free to let us know if you have any questions - we'd be more than happy to let you know anything you want to know about shiny hunting!

more Water Shinys

Congrats - surfing on a shiny sounds really fun, haha! Hope you get that Staryu soon!

Fair enough, thought that might be the case! Currently done 2/7 tiers, others are close, the legends will be the toughest but I ave a plan! PS - I know there is a tier 8, but as there is no tier 5 it is 7 total tiers :)

OMG "LOL"OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE DID TIER V GO!??????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't believe no one noticed that until just now, haha. I have no idea what we'll do about that. Maybe Tier V got lost in next year? "lol" I guess anyone who completes the first four deserves to have an extra tier as a reward!!

Congrats on completing two tiers! I don't think I expected to see Poison-types for a completed tier, haha.

Although, going by the strict rules of the Quest your completed tiers technically don't count yet since you haven't done the ones before them, but you still have over two months to complete those ones!

*searches the SHC basement for Tier V*

3 shiny Magnemites :) Might chain some Bidoof next. Can't wait to transfer them up :D

Edit: Decided to chain for a Budew for the Tier 1 challenge, ended up getting a patch at a chain of 8!!! It broke later due to aWurmple, but hey, I got one :)

And to end this fabulous day of shinies, I finally got my shiny starter in my Soul Silver! After a week of SRing, shiny Totodile decided to give me his presence!

Congrats on those shinies, Tarro!!! The Quest normally doesn't allow chained shinies, but since you got your shiny Budew on such a low chain (8 is amazing!!), I think we'll count it!! :) Getting a shiny on a chain of less than 20 is pretty much as rare as finding a shiny in the wild, so you're good to go for the first part of Tier I!

And way to go on the shiny Totodile!!! He also absolutely counts for Tier I; you've made great progress already!!! Congrats on getting your favorite Pokemon to shine and best of luck on the next step of your Badge Quest!

Hey guys today I just caught my first shiny. It is a golduck :)

Woot, congrats on your first shiny!!!! Any plans for your next hunt, or are you going to train your cool new Golduck first?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2015
    Well I don't really know how to hunt a specific Pokemon so I'm probably just going to start searching for a new shiny! I'm just excited that I have gotten a shiny so fast but,I'm not expecting the same result in the future anyway have a great day!

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Since I last posted, I now have a shiny Octiliry, frogadire, Wartortle, and a shiny Blastoise and Greninja that I evolved from my second shiny frogadire and Wartortle. All from friend safari. Now to caterpie or hatching a Charmander, squirtle and Bulbasaur to complete my 1st gen starter set. More than likely caterpie cause its easier.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
    have since added to my shinies from the GTS: Mamoswine, Samurott, Amoonguss, Sylveon

Hey guys today I just caught my first shiny. It is a golduck :)

Congrats! My first was a Shuppet back a LONG time ago when Sapphire was the latest out :)

OMG "LOL"OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE DID TIER V GO!??????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't believe no one noticed that until just now, haha. I have no idea what we'll do about that. Maybe Tier V got lost in next year? "lol" I guess anyone who completes the first four deserves to have an extra tier as a reward!!

Congrats on completing two tiers! I don't think I expected to see Poison-types for a completed tier, haha.

Although, going by the strict rules of the Quest your completed tiers technically don't count yet since you haven't done the ones before them, but you still have over two months to complete those ones!

*searches the SHC basement for Tier V*

Yeah, I was counting them up and thought "Huh. Where did it go...."

The zubats/golbats are a bit meh, but I really wanted a NidoranM and a NidoranF and with a 4/5 chance for M and 1/5 chance for F I realised I might get some doubles of the M :)

Didn't realise had to complete in order lol, but shouldn't be too hard to at least get the first 6 done. 2 months to get 5 legends is the one that worries me! But I shall try!

Years
    Welcome to the SHC, Spoonacross!! That's awesome, having two shiny Heracross - what a terrific shiny to start off with!

Which water starter are you going for first?

Thanks! I think probably Froakie, black Greninja is so badass! I did some chain fishing for the first time the other day and whilst no luck so far I did discover that fishing is not as much of a drag as I had thought!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
    So turns out my Torchic was actually this year - 2nd January - so that counts for the quest :)

Plus, managed to snag this guy just now so 1/5 done!

Spoiler:

Years
    Whoop! Caught two new Shinies today! A Seaking through chain fishing and had my first success with horde encounters catching a Pusle! ^^ I love Plusle so I'm really stoked about that one! I'm trying for an Octillery with Suction Cups now!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
    1313 Route 116 encounters
    4350 Mélancolie Path encounters

The clubs are gone!!!! Farewell to our old home! May we survive into this new era to thrive and flourish even greater than ever before!

Thanks to those who teleported us off the Pokemon Clubs planet before it exploded! You have saved us all and forever have our gratitude.

Congrats to Pokemon Gaming Central for acquiring the greatest thread on PC! You guys have just won the lottery with that one, haha.

*imagines different forum leaders drafting for who gets which Clubs and the PGC ruler going to great lengths to secure the #1 overall pick*

Congrats to Runasutaru for winning the SPOOKY CHALLENGE GLOBAL LEADERBOARD!!! Her three shinies not only placed her as the SPOOKY CHALLENGE GLOBAL LEADERBOARD!!! champion, but it also completed the Monthly Quest!

And we now would like to invite everyone - including all of our new friends from Pokemon Gaming Central - to participate in...

The November Monthly Quest: The Ancient Ruins!!

To complete this Quest, you must find three shinies:

1) A Dragon-type shiny!
    2) A Fairy-type shiny!
    3) A Psychic-type shiny!

Completing this Quest within the time allotted will give your region official recognition of having ancient ruins!!!!!!! A tremendous boost to any civilization, these give your people the ability to benefit from past wealth, knowledge, and shinies! The spirits contained therein will guide your region to ever greater heights!

Chained and Safari Pokemon are not eligible to count for the Quest.

The contest lasts until midnight EST on December 10th, 2015.

Good luck and have fun!

Plus, managed to snag this guy just now so 1/5 done!

Congrats!! I had no idea he looked that cool, haha!

Since I last posted, I now have a shiny Octiliry, frogadire, Wartortle

Congrats! Good luck on Caterpie and I hope you get the Kanto starters soon!
    I now officially love chain fishing!

Whoop! Caught two new Shinies today! A Seaking through chain fishing and had my first success with horde encounters catching a Pusle! ^^ I love Plusle so I'm really stoked about that one! I'm trying for an Octillery with Suction Cups now!

Congrats, Spoonacross! That's a sweet picture of pink shinies fighting in the night, haha!

Hope you find your Octillery soon!

Hey! I'd like to join. I own way too many shinies to list, but some that I'm really proud of hatching are my shiny Gligar and Deerling! I got Deerling in like 4 eggs and it really took me surprise. :)

Welcome to the Shiny Hunters Club, Achromatic!! Those are two cool shinies you've got there! Which one do you think you're going to go for next?

Back