• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
  • Well I've just finished EV training & levelling up (with Rare Candies) my shiny Lapras, and now I'm going to (finally) EV train & evolve my shiny Nuzleaf, then it's off to the Orre Colusseum to give Lapras his next test.

I am still going to hunt Slowpoke but not for as long as I have done in the past.

shido

Blood Sucker
    Years
  • Well I've just finished EV training & levelling up (with Rare Candies) my shiny Lapras, and now I'm going to (finally) EV train & evolve my shiny Nuzleaf, then it's off to the Orre Colusseum to give Lapras his next test.

I am still going to hunt Slowpoke but not for as long as I have done in the past.

love ur avatar LMAO its liek south park meets pkmn ( SHIN POKOMON XP)

shido

Blood Sucker
    Years
  • Would it be at all possible for me to join this club?

well the owners and coowners of this club have been on a um "break" for a while so they cant offialy let you in yet but im sure when tehy come abck they will in the mean time you have to post what shiny pokemon you currently have and how you caught them .

ALSO plz check out this site for the time being , it's almost finished so expect big updates :) don't forget to sign the guest book and post what shiny pokemon you have and what their genders are if you want to be on the Shiny-Dex (cheated , cloned , andtraded pokemon dont count on the shiny-dex ) http://www.freewebs.com/shinyhunter/index.htm

to everyone who already has gone to the site im almost done with teh dex , just have to add the pokemon names and the pokeball sprites now so it should be done tonight but i did give another update to it if you want to check ( i finished adding all the pkmn sprites )

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
    Years
  • I'll split them into traded and caught myself, cause the majority of what i have has been traded to me

Traded over wifi with sppf members

Toritodon, roserade, rampardos, taillow, Drifloon, machamp, Bronzong, Volbeat, Illumise, Kangaskahn, monferno, hariyama, Emuritto, Yuxie, Azelf, Shinx, Bibarel, Deoxys, Slowking, Manaphy(not sure if this is legit, seems to be), Aruseus( from that giveaway a while back), Rotom, Floatzel, Sableye, Sheildon, Starapor.

Traded with sppf members at an event
    Exeggutor, steelix, corsola, snorunt, smeargle, groudon, gardevoir, relicanth, pikachu, pellipper, unown n, Mewtwo, linoone, Golem, Ludicolo, crobat, bellosom, Aron.

Pokemon i caught myself.

Rapidash-i caught this as a ponyta on leaf green on mount chimney about a month or so after i'd got the game, i'd picked up a magazine from my local shops and i had a fr/lg pokedex in it detailing the locations of the pokemon in both games, once i'd found out that magmar had been moved to mount chimney i headed off to find one cause magmar have long been a favorite pokemon of mine and started looking, after about twenty minutes i had found no magmar and i'd gotten fed up but i'd forgotten to bring a flyer with me so i had to walk down, then i bumped into a pokemon while i'd set down my gba to drink out of a glass of water and heard the shine, i briefly thought "what the hell was that" before looking down at my gba and seeing the blue flames, i tried to shout yes! at the top of my voice while still drinking( don't do that) and choked, so i threw the masterball at it, because i was terrified of killing it.

Sandshrew-I was looking at the new shiny pokemon lovers club on sppf, and looking at all the shinies people had whilst i only had one was extremely depressing, so i switched on my sapphire and started looking fiery tunnel for a shiny, After i'd encountered about six pokemon, i got bored and decided to look in the desert and see what i could find, after three trapinch I bumped into a sandshrew and i heard the stars shine, i didn't even shout out when i found it, i just grinned like an idiot ad threw a greatball at it and caught it.

Wurmple-Nothing special about this one, my friend had recently found a shiny wurmple which his brother had deleted, and one sunday whilst playing on sapphire, i bumped into this little darling whilst thinking how my friend would feel if i found one, i caught it in an ultraball and nicknamed it silentwing.

Sneasal, i was given a sneasal to use in a scramble challenge on sapphire, so i was breeding eggs on ruby, and i was talking to my friend while it was hatching, and looked down and saw the colours.

Alakazam-I'd been trying to get this at the game corner for ages without success, so i gave up for a while, but one boring sunday afternoon i decided to do just a few more resets, this was in the third lot of resets, i Ran out of my room screaming to show my sister what i'd found, then saved it many time to be sure.
    Ekans-found this while i was breeding a female ekans so i could breed poison fang onto it.

Eevee, i was breeding eevee on emerald to get all pokedex entries, and this was on the fourth egg.

Totodile-I soft resetted to get this at birchs lab, can't remember how many resets i did for it though.

Latios-I'd gotten the eon ticket at an event i went to from a kind sppf member i met there, then i left it on my emerald for a month or so without using it, one night i was bored stiff so i decided to do some softresetting for latios, and on the second reset i remember thinking, "that latios is a funny col.... no way!!!" and there it was shiny latios, not taking anychance i threw my one masterball to capture it.

Minun-This minun was the first pokemon i bumped into immediately after catching shiny latios, i know what you're all thinking but i swear it's the truth, i caught it in an ultraball.

Paras-I had borrowed my friends fire red, and i was hoping i could piss him off by finding a shiny on his game, and lo and behold, the 10 paras i found whilst stealing mushrooms was shiny! i kinda panicked and threw my masterball at it though.

Glingling-I'd gotten a text message from my friend telling me he'd caught a shiny swablu on diamond, after calling him all of the names under the sun i decided to vent frustration by levelling up my etebossu so it could learn treasure, using the poketore to kill solrock for experience i saw a patch of grass with an irregular shine, with my heart in my mouth i approached it, all the while hoping to god i wasn't seeing things, Luckily i wasn't seeing things, and glingling has become my lastest D/P shiny capture.

Extremespeed zigzagoon-i hatched this on friday after finding four eggs in my emerald and wondering what the hell they were, i wanted to restart my emerald so i used pokemon box to put them on sapphire and started to hatch them, this was the third egg of the bunch to hatch and my jaw dropped when i saw it, This is my latest shiny capture to date.

I'm currently working on getting game corner coins, and when i max them out i plan to go for a shiny clefairy

And if anyone wants to see pics of most of my shinies, just click on my sig.

Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    Pic's are always good when someone has a mass amount of shinys such as yourself, although we don't count traded shines towards the shinydex or cards (which i should really try and sort out XD) I would be more than happy to welcome you to the shiny club ^_^

Well i am off to do some hunting before i go to sleep so I'll probably check in tomorrow.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • Congratulations DarkParukia. I told you you would get another Shiny soon, even if I said it would be Slowpoke. :P

My own SHing has been slowed. Depressed. Been playing DKRDS and my Pokemon games now and then. I do Charmander at bedtime and during the day but I'm also using my Sapphire hoping to get my first one on there. I can't find any $20 FRs or I'd also be doing "double trouble" for Charmander. I'd get it then, then onward to Eevee... I want to stomp my LG now but I'm not giving up. Shiny Charizard is starting to look like a pile of crap now and so not worth it, and one of my older favorites I never got (like alot of them.. like 100%..) that I'm searching for now is gaining popularity more and more with me.
    In a way, I just want to drop my targets and get whole new ones. In FR I want to run through Pattern Bush. In LG I want to go onward to Eevee. In life I just want to give up on this. It's crazy, and I guess I'm just not "lucky" enough. It's what drove me to cheat the first time in the first place because I hadn't even seen any 3rd gen shinies except the ones in FR/LG Battle Tower. But I keep trying. I'll be surprised if I get them by April 22nd. That's Game Day. If I don't have them by then they'll be put on some hold for a little while, but I could always run into a shiny while playing through the game. That would be nice; that would be the natural way. 'Til then I walk alone.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Hey, DDD, don't be down! Look at me, when I got my shiny Latios on December 1st of 2006, I didn't get a new one until six days ago! You just can't give up! Always be optimistic, and you'll find that it's not as bad once you realize you've been soft resetting "forever"! :D (I quoted that term because EVERYONE thinks that once you soft reset for a long time, it's been forever, even I do).

I joined, shido.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
  • Shido, I'd like to join your Shiny Hunters community, but I don't know where to go to do it.

Back on topic, I have restsrted my LG (something was wrong with my old file. Maybe the ID no. I Couldn't find any shinies, as opposed to 3 on my other one.) which may boost my chances of getting more shinies.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
  • The plot thickens

It's no Magnemite, but as you said, never, ever give up.

Shiny Voltorb

Lv. 25
    Calm Nature
    Soundproof
    HP 62
    Attack 19
    Defense 35
    Sp. Attack 38
    Sp. Defense 40
    Speed 56

And as I just said, the plot thickens. I must hurry. Goodbye and good luck everyone.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • omfg.... Everyone with so many shinies. Then again, y'all deserve them 123% more than I, so congrajulations.

And DDD, did you jump off the porch or something? I mean you caught a shiny! Where is your excitement?

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
    Years
  • Holy cow.

I'm in shock, i was just making my way up to hiidoran on my japanese pearl, and a shiny magby just popped out at me!
    I confused with mumaaji and threw one of the pinkish pokeballs at it, and it has the magmabooster too!

i'll try and get some pics soon.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • EVERYONE STOP GETTING THE SHINIES I WANT. :disappoint

Okay, congrats DDD on your new shiny, but I can understand why you're not at your happiest. You wanted a shiny Mag. Congrats, too, VenomX. What is its nature?

=/ Yeah, I got a shiny Dragonite a couple of days ago, but that does make up for the fact that DarkParukia got a shiny I'd been hunting for since August one-and-off (and carelessly saved over), and VenomX now just got one of my favorite D/P shinies...I bet someone's gonna get a shiny Latias soon, too!

Well, I haven't found ONE shiny on my Emerald where I've been soft resetting for Groudon, but I haven't been doing it lately. Maybe I'll get lucky?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
  • Thanks.... LOL I had tried for Latias. I had said "blue" after Emerald and I have the ticket of course. But it was ridiculous: It took one minute to get one Latias, and I'm not that determined. Then I went for Regice, but I packed my bags and got up my troop and went to the Power Plant, and I'm staying there on Emerald. But my main focus now is FR.

Now, to explain the whole Voltorb ordeal:

We had to take my Mom to the doctor today. I SR'd for Charmander on the way. Once there, I got tired, and switched to my new DKRDS and searched for access points. There WAS a "Free Public WiFi" but we were too far away, and another locked one. Well, I worked to get coins and bought all the locked tracks, played on them, then switched to Emerald and looked in the Power Plant for about an hour. I was famished by then (no breakfast, it was like, after 2 PM) so I took a break and ate a little packet of chips and a can tea, then I tried on Sapphire.
    I encountered 2 Pokemon, and then opened up the map. I thought if I'm heatedly searching for Magnemite on Emerald, I could look for something different on here. About 5 minutes after looking at the map thinking what Pokemon were where... I said "screw it" because I had already been in this same situation before and there's no where else I'd like to be in the game because where there's a Pokemon I like, too many other Pokemon I DISLIKE roam. The Power Plants all over the "world" I love them because all their Shiny Pokemon just rock. I want Electabuzz/Magnemite the most, but Voltorb also looks very smooth, and Pikachu is a given as the most popular Pokemon.

I closed the map, took 2 steps, and there it was. I knew what it was before it even fully appeared (the shadow cast over it). I've seen tons of Voltorbs already, and this one was too dark. It was blue. And as it fully appeared and the stars shined, I went "omg!!" and caught it with a Master Ball. I'm running out of them. :P But can you blame me? I didn't really know when Voltorb learns Selfdestruct. I think it's Lv. 26 but you can never be sure. Whew.

And if you look at the stats, it's an awesome Pokemon. It's blue! XD But it's no Magnemite, but that doesn't discourage me. I knew I could also get a Shiny Voltorb instead, and I was ok with that.

But now my main focus is FR and Emerald. I have so much on Emerald's team right now, I could rock out. It's pimped out to get Magnemites. During that one hour playing it, I got 10 Magnetons. Liek, srsly. I'm taking a small break from Charmander.
    My vibe is on FR. I follow my vibes. Why? Vibes gave me Eevee and Machop. Vibes gave DarkParukia his Lapras. XD Vibes gave me my Voltorb. Why doubt them?

Good luck everyone and take care. And remember: Be the miracle!
    -DDD

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
  • DDD: Well congrats on your Voltorb and good luck with the Mag Hunt

Fufufu: I apologise for beating you to the punch with Lapras. I'm not one to gloat or be mean to people over these things it's just I focus on hunting shiny versions of (good) pokemon that nobody else here has. But good luck with all your hunts and I pray that you will be the next person here to get that shiny Latias you oh so desire.

Still playing my restarted LG and will hunt when I get further in. I'm going to focus on hunting Abra and Tyrouge when I am able to.

EDIT: Shido, I finally managed to join your community. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    The plot thickens

It's no Magnemite, but as you said, never, ever give up.

Shiny Voltorb

Lv. 25
    Calm Nature
    Soundproof
    HP 62
    Attack 19
    Defense 35
    Sp. Attack 38
    Sp. Defense 40
    Speed 56

And as I just said, the plot thickens. I must hurry. Goodbye and good luck everyone.

You caught it with a masterball O.o how many do you have? Well congrats anyway

And congrats to Kratos_rage also.

I did quite a bit of hunting last night which is quite rare for me, got Sabeleye up to level 50 at Mt.Pyre i think it is, would love a shiny Vulpix, not too keen on Shuppet's and Wingull's though, so i may pack up and fly off to a different area, will keep you posted

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Thanks.... LOL I had tried for Latias. I had said "blue" after Emerald and I have the ticket of course. But it was ridiculous: It took one minute to get one Latias, and I'm not that determined. Then I went for Regice, but I packed my bags and got up my troop and went to the Power Plant, and I'm staying there on Emerald. But my main focus now is FR.

Now, to explain the whole Voltorb ordeal:

We had to take my Mom to the doctor today. I SR'd for Charmander on the way. Once there, I got tired, and switched to my new DKRDS and searched for access points. There WAS a "Free Public WiFi" but we were too far away, and another locked one. Well, I worked to get coins and bought all the locked tracks, played on them, then switched to Emerald and looked in the Power Plant for about an hour. I was famished by then (no breakfast, it was like, after 2 PM) so I took a break and ate a little packet of chips and a can tea, then I tried on Sapphire.
    I encountered 2 Pokemon, and then opened up the map. I thought if I'm heatedly searching for Magnemite on Emerald, I could look for something different on here. About 5 minutes after looking at the map thinking what Pokemon were where... I said "screw it" because I had already been in this same situation before and there's no where else I'd like to be in the game because where there's a Pokemon I like, too many other Pokemon I DISLIKE roam. The Power Plants all over the "world" I love them because all their Shiny Pokemon just rock. I want Electabuzz/Magnemite the most, but Voltorb also looks very smooth, and Pikachu is a given as the most popular Pokemon.

I closed the map, took 2 steps, and there it was. I knew what it was before it even fully appeared (the shadow cast over it). I've seen tons of Voltorbs already, and this one was too dark. It was blue. And as it fully appeared and the stars shined, I went "omg!!" and caught it with a Master Ball. I'm running out of them. :P But can you blame me? I didn't really know when Voltorb learns Selfdestruct. I think it's Lv. 26 but you can never be sure. Whew.

And if you look at the stats, it's an awesome Pokemon. It's blue! XD But it's no Magnemite, but that doesn't discourage me. I knew I could also get a Shiny Voltorb instead, and I was ok with that.

But now my main focus is FR and Emerald. I have so much on Emerald's team right now, I could rock out. It's pimped out to get Magnemites. During that one hour playing it, I got 10 Magnetons. Liek, srsly. I'm taking a small break from Charmander.
    My vibe is on FR. I follow my vibes. Why? Vibes gave me Eevee and Machop. Vibes gave DarkParukia his Lapras. XD Vibes gave me my Voltorb. Why doubt them?

Good luck everyone and take care. And remember: Be the miracle!
    -DDD

Woah, woah, woah, you actually tried to soft reset for Latias? Why would you do that when you knew you would get it before me? =/ AND, why wouldn't you soft reset for it? It's such a beautiful shiny :) When I try to soft reset for Latias, it only takes about 20-22 seconds for me...

DarkParukia, I search for shinies that I like, and coincidentally, they're usually not many others have. Lapras is probably one of my favorite Water shinies, and I'm just really bummed at the mistake I made...that's why I've been hunting for Bulbasaur a lot so that I could get to where Lapras is on my LG and soft reset for Lapras on LG. But I can get discouraged easily, so I'll soft reset for it like crazy for a good day or so, but then I kinda put it on back burner...it's not like that with Latias though because I love it so much. :D
    Edit: But don't get me wrong, I try to always double/triple hunt when I can. Like right this very instant, I'm triple SRing for Torchic, Latias, and Bulbasaur, but since there really isn't anything to do in front of the computer, I may soft reset for Latias and Bulbasaur while I watch TV.

AC

Pokemon Master in the making..
    Years
  • I would like to join since I am really looking hard for shinies. I understand if it might take some time for me to become a member since I just joined. I plan on staying on the forums for a while. Well thats about it. Thanks Mates =)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
  • @FuFuFu:
    But I never got it. :| So no need to get upset. It took too long for me. And I doubt I'll try to again. I have others I want more.

And I try to get shinies that are both good looking, good battlers and otherwise. LOL would it tick you off that I also tried for Lapras once too? :P It was after I got the shiny Eevee but then decided upon Charmander.

@Yami_Zidane:
    I have about 2 per game. I save them for nothing but shinies. I got them through LG before I "returned" from my hiatus. I'd play through, get the Ball, trade it over, reset, etc.

I have 1 left on FR, because I used one on the Machop.
    I have.. well, none in LG or Ruby because I'm at the start.
    I have 2 on Emerald because the Shinies I got from it were Soft-resetters; hopefully I'll get to use one of them soon on a Shiny Magnemite. :)
    And I have 1 left on Sapphire I think. It's my oldest GBA Pokemon game. I'm not really sure what's left on it; I imported just about everything to my "home" game, FR.

I'm not really sure if I want a Shiny Umbreon anymore. It just looks... ok, and the whole "Toxic Avenger" thing is easily countered today due to all the healers, steel types, posion types for that matter, and things that can be Rest-ed away, not to mention the sometimes overused Substitute.

But that doesn't mean I'm quitting, now. I still have a Charmander, Scyther and Magnemite to go. :) But I'd like to, for once, just play through a game and not have any targets. And I could do that with Ruby. But then I would have to reset if I wanted to try and get shiny starters.

That is all for now. Good luck everyone.

Back