• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
First, welcome back MM :D

Next, i agree that getting certain mons legitimately is rather impossible so perhaps it would be a good idea to allow using a device to get there and soft reset to obtain it.

The only problem that springs to mind from that is that it would evident that the person in question has a cheating device which in turn would make me doubt the legitimacy of their past and future shinys coming from the third gengeration.

Only by pure trust in their integrity could we believe them, if you are fine with that, so am I.

On an unrelated note: SHC cards. Whats the plan with them XD I attempted to make them in your absence but i think the format i was using was wrong as they would always come out discoloured and such. Any plans for an update?

No hunting news from me as... well I haven't done any. Will be back later.
I think Kim made the point for cheating devices further back when I was away: why bother cheating when it's easier just to lie?

I'm doing the SHC cards just as I did before. I'm afraid I can't really help with any technical glitches unless you want to contact me on MSN or something. Me, you, Ryan, and Nova are the currently permitted card updaters. The SHC card request thread may be found HERE!!!

No progress on Beldum. I'm BoxDexing my Emerald to open up Chiko as an option to hunt.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
MM, I'm doing the same thing on my Emerald...though I don't have a Gorebyss anymore, so I'll have to wait until this weekend until I can fully "complete" it. -_-

I'll be hunting for Cyndaquil on Emerald2 and I'll alternate between Chikorita and Totodile on Emerald1.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Wb Greg! ^.^

Anywho, nothing new here.

And I agree with all of your rules, they sound good to me. =/

Years
Okay, the following are the criteria required for a hack to be permitted:
1. The outcome must exactly match that of a Nintendo promotion. (If the best effort you can achieve (eg. teleporting rather than using a ticket) doesn't give you any advantage over the authentic way, it will be tolerated.)
2. There must be no way besides hacking to obtain the subject Pokémon without assistance from Nintendo. (Sorry, shinyhunter, but your Ho-oh does not count.)
3. The event must be for a game older than the current generation.

I'd like approval from Yami and LDD before I make this official.

I've filled my Emerald Pokédex up to Cacturne. It should be done by tonight.

Edit: Emerald Hoenn Dex is filled and I have Chikorita as an option for soft resetting. I'll alternate between Chiko/Beldum on occasion to keep the RNG from going stale. Now, I've read all the pages I've missed, so now I have a huge response:

on a similar note MM if ever he should return should take his head out of the two afore mentioned hunters ### . stop being all "praise and hail my asesome master shiny hunting friends " but be blind and not question them and suspect them . its unfair and bias . if you wnat to admire them for their catchs fine thats ur porogative but don't let it interfere with ur duties as a owner of the thread and if you can't seperate admiration with ur responsibilities then step down from ur ownership position btw i know aaryn started this but that doesnt put him above the rules .
(This is old, so I won't hold it against you, but these sorts of inflammatory remarks won't be tolerated in the future.) When did I ever say I admired or even so much as believed them? True, I never said I didn't believe them, but I've NEVER given them preferential treatment, aside from Aaryn who is the owner and whom I treat as such. At the end of the day, you can never really know for sure who's lying or not, so you just have to trust them. I, along with the other co-owners, try to assess the plausibility of members' claims and profile them to try and keep out the serious junk, but we must consider everyone innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, so that means some liars may slip through the cracks, but it works just fine in general, since most liars tend to be immature which shines through in the way they behave. (profiling)

As a matter of fact, the reason I invited Missingno Master to the club was to test him. I wanted to see if he could provide satisfactory support for his massive list of shinies which was up to our standards. He never really stuck around long enough for us to find out.

also on the note of responsbilities if u owners / co-owners cant keep up with the thread and be active you need to either step down and reappoint new owners or get abck to ur duties . dragonking is a perfect example of this , he couldnt keep up with his thread and passed it on to sumone he knew would . theres nthing wrong with that becuz the alternative is the thread shutting down .
I disagree. First off, no one can always forecast when they're going to be away for a while. Life is more random than that. Secondly, the reason we appoint co-owners is because they've demonstrated that they're trustworthy, responsible, and able to cope with the stresses of duty and make this place fun to be around. Inactivity doesn't change this, so why should an inactive co-owner forfeit his/her privileges? It's true that additional co-owners could be useful at times, but that doesn't put the inactive co-owners at fault.

also MM i thought it was screwed up of u to finaly show up when nova and yami were finaly taking charge and keeping this thread alive . u showed up ruined the progress they were trying to make becuz u wanted to reassert your athority but u then once again abandoned the club .
Not only is this a personal attack, but it's completely baseless. I gave Nova and Yami the new template the very same day and made sure they were able to make cards with it, which they did. They both agreed to switch to my new design to commemorate D/P. (Nova then vanished off the face of the earth shortly thereafter for reasons almost certainly unrelated.) When have I ever seriously refused someone else's art for this club? If you don't like the fact that I'm the only one making art for this club, I suggest you start making some, yourself.

on the same note i thnk its screwed up how when exorciz tried ( AND DID) make an official page how the lot of u tore at him saying he didnt hav ethe right that u owners were working on and here we are and exoriz page (which u can still find thru google or altavista ) is still the best and most comprehencsive list this club has and if he had been allowed to continue working on it then the list would have been updated and been more exciting to the club . if nova and yami hadnt been hindered we might still be getting cards (yes i know u eventualy did give them permission to work on the cards but my point is still valid ) .
How fair would that have been to Haunter Master? Or LDD? If we're to officially adopt a web page, it MUST be as a group, and there must be more than one updater. What if Exokriz left? (which he did) The page goes unupdated and dies no matter how good it was. You can't just walk in and say "here's the official SHC website" without sorting things out with the staff--not only is it pushy but it's simply doomed to failure.

all im saying is basicly this club is running on five members more or less an 1 co-owner (my lovely Demoonica) and i dont think its fair . this club has lost its flare is enjoyment its sense of togetherness that made everyone in here want to go out and hunt day and night and share stories of their victory or failures .
There's not much we can do when there's very few active members. This place does become dull, but that's just what we're stuck with. LDD/Yami opted not to appoint any new co-owners, which is their right, and I agree with them that you should always be cautious as to who you put in an authoritative position. Fair or not, the state of the club is no one's fault.

Wait, what? 7 in one day, I'm sorry but I personally don't believe that. Even back in my prime hunting days it would take me ages to find a shiny. I just can't see that happening.
Under my entropy pool theory (which I've tested and found to be true), this isn't all that unlikely. It's not that he saw 7 shiny Zigzagoons so much as he kept seeing the same one over and over again because the RNG's entropy pool was in the exact same state. When you spend all your time resetting and none of it playing/saving, the entropy pool doesn't receive any new random input, so you start getting repeat values. Imagine a bucket filled with 8192 bingo balls. Each time you encounter a Pokémon, one is taken and if it's the number, uh, 777, say, you get a shiny. The ball is tossed back into the bucket. Now, if you don't shuffle the bucket around every once in a while, you keep drawing the same values.

Metal Mario makes the cards ( >.> <.< >.< ) and only shiny pokemon you have caught yourself counts I do believe
Why does everyone think this? -.- Of course, traded shinies count! However, Pal Parked GTS shinies are assumed to be hacked unless they come from a trustworthy source (eg. another SHC member or a good friend), and hacked/cloned shinies don't count.

Last edited:
Years
well i guess my ho-oh doesnt count man i did a lot of work for that all i did was warp to navel rock and sr for shiny ho-oh it is not like i am going to cheat for a shiny i dont even own a gs or ar so i dont get y my shiny ho-oh does not count is it because you are jelious or what

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
No, MM is not "jealous", at least not to the extent you are implying. MM may envy your shiny Ho-oh, but not to the extent where he won't count it. He has a perfectly justifiable reason for his actions. He doesn't think it is fair how someone can hack to the island and soft reset for a shiny Pokemon that is "unobtainable" when in reality, it's fully obtainable, just extremely hard to get shiny. And I agree with him. For example, say I had obtained a shiny Lugia from XD after months of soft resetting (I'll eventually get it); I would've worked hard for it because I wanted it to be completely legit and count on my card. However, if someone just took the "easy" way and hacked to the islands and their shiny Lugia was included on the card, it's not fair. You CAN get a shiny Lugia and Ho-oh from XD/Colos respectively. It's just so extremely hard that people usually dismiss it and go straight to their Gameshark and Action Replay. I believe MetalMario is trying to reward and acknowledge those who take the time to soft reset for a shiny Ho-oh/Lugia (though resetting for who through Colosseum is a bit dumb to me) in a completely legitimate way.

And shinyhunter, please don't turn this into another one of your "i'm leaving everyone hates me" posts.

Years
first off i wasnt going to i love this place to death but it is just that you know when someone doesnt own collosuem or xd and you cant find them anywhere they would do the same

and what is next you guys are going to say that my shiny suicune wont count when i get it because it was in fire red and leaf green

and i think i should be able to get my ho-oh on to my card it is my shiny and my card so i want it on there

also i dont like the fact that after about a year metalmario decides to come back and just call everyone hackers he acted like he was here for everything and i was really taken back by that correct me if i am wrong *in this club i am mostly wrong* but i was really pissed about that

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
first off i wasnt going to i love this place to death but it is just that you know when someone doesnt own collosuem or xd and you cant find them anywhere they would do the same
I don't remember you ever saying that you odn't have Colosseum or XD. However, that's a pretty touchy subject because we don't know if that person simply was too lazy to find one (just went to two stores or something), or if they're just saying that as an excuse to hack. Didn't you say that you had Colosseum and that's how you'd be soft resetting for Entei, late last year and early this year?

and what is next you guys are going to say that my shiny suicune wont count when i get it because it was in fire red and leaf green
Now you're just jumping to conclusions because you're mad that your shiny Ho-oh won't be counted.

and i think i should be able to get my ho-oh on to my card it is my shiny and my card so i want it on there
Um, you didn't make it, did you? MetalMario/Yami/Nova are the ones that put the time and effort into making one; they didn't HAVE to use your custom sprite. They didn't HAVE to make it with your choice of colors. They did it because it was of their own choice and generosity. If you want your shiny Ho-oh to be on your card, I suggest you make one yourself, or come up with a better argument as to why it should be counted.

also i dont like the fact that after about a year metalmario decides to come back and just call everyone hackers he acted like he was here for everything and i was really taken back by that correct me if i am wrong *in this club i am mostly wrong* but i was really pissed about that
What? From what I can gather from that post, you're accusing MetalMario of him calling everyone hackers? Where in the world did he say that? So, yes, you're wrong about that. Furthermore, I don't see how someone can act like they're "here for everything" when nothing has really happened in this club all.

My responses are in Bold.

Edit: Today is my one-year anniversary at SPPf, so I'm hoping that I get a shiny (LATIAS PLEASE) today.

Years
ok about the col. thing that was not me that was dragonking if i had col. i wouldnt be hunting on my fire red now would i no and if you can find a post where i said that and show me it then that would be that

if i had col. i wouldnt of warped to the island now would i no

ok the only thing i dont get is why now that everyone says my ho-oh shouldnt count i mean everyone was fine with it until metalmario came even yami was ok with it. it is not like i owned the gs/ar or that i am going to use it for shiny codes i am a true hunter and if you dont believe me that is fine ok.

also i just read the last part of my last post and i agree i was wrong

anyway i am starting off my spring break with eevee yay

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
ok about the col. thing that was not me that was dragonking if i had col. i wouldnt be hunting on my fire red now would i no and if you can find a post where i said that and show me it then that would be that
Okay, that was my fault.

if i had col. i wouldnt of warped to the island now would i no
Um, yes, you probably would. I STRONGLY doubt you truly like shiny Ho-oh that much to purify ALL 48 shadow Pokemon AND beat Mt. Battle with your in-game Colosseum team

ok the only thing i dont get is why now that everyone says my ho-oh shouldnt count i mean everyone was fine with it until metalmario came even yami was ok with it. it is not like i owned the gs/ar or that i am going to use it for shiny codes i am a true hunter and if you dont believe me that is fine ok.
Well, you're right that no one explicitly stated that it shouldn't count, but we had good reason for it. We are not the ones that preside over the production of SHC Cards. That's MetalMario's jurisdiction, and ultimately, it would've been his decision as to whether or not it would've been counted.

also i just read the last part of my last post and i agree i was wrong

anyway i am starting off my spring break with eevee yay
My responses are in Bold.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
ok i say we drop the ho-oh subject and if you feel like adding it to my card mm then that is your choice

anyway i re-did my sig so how do you like it

i just am waiting on my card and it will be complete lol

I don't think you should let it go . you're right it is not fair that your ho-oh doesn't count . yes you warped to get there but it's not like you had the tickets to go get there . in the same way mew is not accessable those pokemon should count also . YES you can get ho-oh thru col but look what you have to do capture every shadow pokemon then purify every shadow pokemon then beat the out game battle tower with your ingame team JUST TO FRAGGIN GET HO-OH and you cant even sr for it so after a week or two of hard work you end up just haing to repeat the process . and lugia while the odds arent so against you like lugia is pretty much the type of deal save before you fight the guy that has lugia , capture lugia , purify lugia PAIN IN THE ARSENAL . its not fair at all that you allow use of a cheat device to get to mew when there are people who don't have access to the tickets or col / xd to get lugia and ho-oh . if anything you should go on ebay and buy yourself the old seachart because thts a legitmate way of getting mew without cheating . just because you want mew doesn't mean you should change the rules to benifit you and exclude other peoples catchs . also making it ok to warp becuase there is no other way to ge tto deoxys and mew than your only one step away from saying its ok to hack in celebi long as you don't put the shiny code and hunt it because nintendo didnt give me an event that was close by that i could go to . you need to either A stick by the rules or B bend them so everyone can benifit . if hacking does'nt count at all then fine shinyhunters ho-oh doesnt count . but if you're going to make eceptions then his should be allowed .

YES Metal Mario makes the cards but it's not his decision what goes on the cards if he is making the cards for the club . same way he and a few others (even tho most of you liked it ) did'nt want exo making an official site unless the club wanted it (btw he was willing to work with teh club and give co-owners access but some people >.> attacked him and he just ended up leaving ) MM can not say what is allowed on the CLUB card wether he likes it or not . If he doesnt agree and doesn't want someones catch on their card then he can either suck it up and do his job as card maker for the club and make it , QUIT and make cards for noone , or finaly say he is 100% owner of the club and that it's a dictatorship and its his rules and then make cards for who he wants how he wants .

yes I know in the absense of owners co-owners become temp owners and have full rule changing authority . BUT MM is but one co-owner . while I sense it does not matter in the long run (Because LDD and Yami will eventualy agree anyways THo I should hope yami would have a diffrence of opinion with his constant suspicion of people and hackers ) he still cannot make those rules final . YES I FRAGGING KNOW MM YOU SAID YOU WANT TO WAIT FOR WHAT THEY SAY IM JUST POINTING IT OUT .

as for that club crap about exo leaving MM and not continuing working on it . Aaryn left and never updated the damn list , Skinny Green Man didnt update the dex , Pazzkat is gone , you were gone and no cards were being made , so wtf are you smoking ? they left and come back for a week or two every six months (maybe longer for one of the listed XP ) . ok fine people have real life issues woot thats great but I already gave a speach about passing on ownership when you can't handle things . On that note , inactiness is perfect reason for co-owners to pass on ownership , not posting every week is one thing not posting every month is another . just becuase the coowners don't want to loss their position in the hierarchy of the club doesn't mean they shouldn't do what best for the club . GRANTED you can't just give away co-ownership to anyone but if you're not going to be around either A find sumone wh you can give it too or B give tempship to someone .

I also like how MM and FuFu are both telling me and SH to make our own cards. well now I could , it would be tedious at first but if I really wanted to make my own SHC card I could. what would happen if I did ? first off MM would throw a hissy fit because its his model and make and its his card (noone remembers that nova made her own custome card and got reamed for it? ) and yes I did not forget that you gave them the templates to make cards and then once again dissapeared Second of all I'm not the card maker for the group thats not my job and so if I did make a card I would make one for me and say screw the lot of you I didnt sign up to make you all cards (unlike MM who while yes has volunteered to make the cards still is apointed card maker for the group and has no choice just check afore mentioned list ofMM options ). Third of all I would put every last shiny zigzagoon( and one linoone XP) I have down from the berry fix and since thats just a shiny clutch to get more stars I would get side comments AGAIN ( which btw even without my promotional clutch I still have more shiny pokemon then the lot of you and got a shiny treecko to boot XP and if/when I ask for another SHC card I should hope you include my cltuch shiny pkmn ) on that note of my "clutch" the whole trading issue needs to be better fixed mroe then warping . if you are going to alow traded shiny pokemon you have no choice but to allow all trades even from this gen becuase unless someone fess' up to them being clones anyone and everyone cna say they got form someone they trust . while my personal feelings doesnt liek that because of gts and cloning what other choice do you have ? either you say trades do or don't count otherwise you will just end up alienating more members like you did with shinyhunters ho-oh .

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
My, my so much drama, I think I'll borrow a smiley from Gaiaonline
dramallama.gif

MetalMario said:
1. The outcome must exactly match that of a Nintendo promotion. (If the best effort you can achieve (eg. teleporting rather than using a ticket) doesn't give you any advantage over the authentic way, it will be tolerated.)
2. There must be no way besides hacking to obtain the subject Pokémon without assistance from Nintendo. (Sorry, shinyhunter, but your Ho-oh does not count.)
3. The event must be for a game older than the current generation.

1. I'm not completely sure what your saying here. Is it that if you perhaps live half way across the world from where Nintendo held it's events it would be tolerated if you were to teleport yourself to one of the selected place and SR till its shiny? thats what I think your saying but I may be wrong, heh. Or are you basically saying that the only Pokémon we will be counting will be Mew and Deoxys as there is no other way to obtain them bar the Nintendo events.

2. If I'm correct about number 1 doesn't this contradict it?

3. This is fine.

MetalMario said:
I, along with the other co-owners, try to assess the plausibility of members' claims and profile them to try and keep out the serious junk, but we must consider everyone innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt

I'm afraid I'm opposed to this. When someone is asking to join them club I immediately want them to prove their innocence by explaining when/where/how they got the shinys they claim to have with pictures when possible.

MetalMario said:
Under my entropy pool theory (which I've tested and found to be true), this isn't all that unlikely. It's not that he saw 7 shiny Zigzagoons so much as he kept seeing the same one over and over again because the RNG's entropy pool was in the exact same state. When you spend all your time resetting and none of it playing/saving, the entropy pool doesn't receive any new random input, so you start getting repeat values. Imagine a bucket filled with 8192 bingo balls. Each time you encounter a Pokémon, one is taken and if it's the number, uh, 777, say, you get a shiny. The ball is tossed back into the bucket. Now, if you don't shuffle the bucket around every once in a while, you keep drawing the same values.

While that is possible you cannot deny that the likeliness of it happening is very low, but as I said before I won't say anymore on the subject :P

MetalMario said:
Why does everyone think this? -.- Of course, traded shinies count!

When did that happen? if I remember correctly we always said that traded shinys would not be counted in the dex or on the cards. When did that change? Is there anyone with a traded shiny on their card?

shido said:
YES Metal Mario makes the cards but it's not his decision what goes on the cards if he is making the cards for the club.

Originally Ryan made the cards, then he passed on the duty to MM which essentially does make it his decision what happens with them. The only time I have seen him refuse to make a card for anyone is when they apply without being a member of the club. So yeah, pwnt.

There is more i could comment on but I can't find the words at the moment.

Years
what i am seeing is that the members are tired of the co owners **** and they are taking it to point

what i am getting at is that the owners/co owners come here and boss us around even when we dont do anything

perfect excample metalmario came in after about a year of absence and started making new rules pretty much over powering the co owners which i think was wrong

i mean we get blamed for cheating or hacking and they act like they never do anything wrong really i think you guys are just trying to start flame wars to either make you guys have the power to bann ppl from the club or make them quit to make it look like you guys have total power

well no new shinys but i am not hunting just this second cause i got a really bad headache from babysitting my cousin and it wont go away

Years
I don't think you should let it go . you're right it is not fair that your ho-oh doesn't count . yes you warped to get there but it's not like you had the tickets to go get there . in the same way mew is not accessable those pokemon should count also . YES you can get ho-oh thru col but look what you have to do capture every shadow pokemon then purify every shadow pokemon then beat the out game battle tower with your ingame team JUST TO FRAGGIN GET HO-OH and you cant even sr for it so after a week or two of hard work you end up just haing to repeat the process . and lugia while the odds arent so against you like lugia is pretty much the type of deal save before you fight the guy that has lugia , capture lugia , purify lugia PAIN IN THE ARSENAL .
Ho-oh is somewhat psychotic, but possible. Kim got a shiny Latios in Emerald without resetting for it, so it's possible that Ho-oh could be gotten the same way. Such a Ho-oh would be extremely rare, indeed, and permitting teleportation to get one on FR/LG/Em only serves to devalue such a rare find.

Lugia is reasonable. If your Purification Chamber's already set up, you need only catch the Lugia, clobber Greevil, stick the thing in the chamber and purify, and see if it's red. Easier than Jirachi, which people have done.

its not fair at all that you allow use of a cheat device to get to mew when there are people who don't have access to the tickets or col / xd to get lugia and ho-oh .
Permitting them is not fair to the people who don't have access to AR.

if anything you should go on ebay and buy yourself the old seachart because thts a legitmate way of getting mew without cheating .
There is no "old sea map" that could be gotten on eBay. The only OSM giveaway was for the Japanese Movie 9 promotion, and it's over.

just because you want mew doesn't mean you should change the rules to benifit you and exclude other peoples catchs . also making it ok to warp becuase there is no other way to ge tto deoxys and mew than your only one step away from saying its ok to hack in celebi long as you don't put the shiny code and hunt it because nintendo didnt give me an event that was close by that i could go to .
Rule #1: The outcome must *exactly* match that of a Nintendo promotion, so Celebi is still completely off the map unless the JAA GBA program they were using is leaked.

you need to either A stick by the rules or B bend them so everyone can benifit . if hacking does'nt count at all then fine shinyhunters ho-oh doesnt count . but if you're going to make eceptions then his should be allowed .
I've already explained to my satisfaction why this isn't the case.

YES Metal Mario makes the cards but it's not his decision what goes on the cards if he is making the cards for the club .
Which is exactly why I came to a consensus with Ryan/Yami/LDD as to what would be allowed on the cards.

same way he and a few others (even tho most of you liked it ) did'nt want exo making an official site unless the club wanted it (btw he was willing to work with teh club and give co-owners access but some people >.> attacked him and he just ended up leaving )
No one attacked him. We said there's already a site underway, but he's free to contribute to it. If I *did* make his site official, you'd be attacking me right now for snubbing Haunter Master.

MM can not say what is allowed on the CLUB card wether he likes it or not .
But the club can. And did.

If he doesnt agree and doesn't want someones catch on their card then he can either suck it up and do his job as card maker for the club and make it ,
The club has spoken. If you don't like what we'll allow on the cards, YOU can suck it up or leave.

QUIT and make cards for noone , or finaly say he is 100% owner of the club and that it's a dictatorship and its his rules and then make cards for who he wants how he wants .
It is a dictatorship, or more of an oligarchy. If the co-owners say something, it goes. Sorry, but that's the only way a club like this can hold together. There's no way to assemble a fair democratic process on the internet, and with no rules, the club would quickly disintegrate.

yes I know in the absense of owners co-owners become temp owners and have full rule changing authority . BUT MM is but one co-owner . while I sense it does not matter in the long run (Because LDD and Yami will eventualy agree anyways THo I should hope yami would have a diffrence of opinion with his constant suspicion of people and hackers ) he still cannot make those rules final . YES I FRAGGING KNOW MM YOU SAID YOU WANT TO WAIT FOR WHAT THEY SAY IM JUST POINTING IT OUT .
Thank you for having the intelligence to refute your own argument.

as for that club crap about exo leaving MM and not continuing working on it . Aaryn left and never updated the damn list , Skinny Green Man didnt update the dex , Pazzkat is gone , you were gone and no cards were being made , so wtf are you smoking ? they left and come back for a week or two every six months (maybe longer for one of the listed XP ) . ok fine people have real life issues woot thats great but I already gave a speach about passing on ownership when you can't handle things . On that note , inactiness is perfect reason for co-owners to pass on ownership , not posting every week is one thing not posting every month is another . just becuase the coowners don't want to loss their position in the hierarchy of the club doesn't mean they shouldn't do what best for the club . GRANTED you can't just give away co-ownership to anyone but if you're not going to be around either A find sumone wh you can give it too or B give tempship to someone .
Inactivity's a good reason to elect new owners, but there's no logic in forefitting your privileges. You've demonstrated that you can handle the job, so why would absence change anything? For this same reason, Ryan shouldn't give up the ownership.

I also like how MM and FuFu are both telling me and SH to make our own cards. well now I could , it would be tedious at first but if I really wanted to make my own SHC card I could. what would happen if I did ? first off MM would throw a hissy fit because its his model and make and its his card (noone remembers that nova made her own custome card and got reamed for it? ) and yes I did not forget that you gave them the templates to make cards and then once again dissapeared
I said you can make your own club art. That doesn't mean an exact rip-off of my card design, it means something original. Also, an exact rip-off, aside from being art theft, leads to much confusion as to what your standing in terms of club-accepted shinies is.

Second of all I'm not the card maker for the group thats not my job and so if I did make a card I would make one for me and say screw the lot of you I didnt sign up to make you all cards (unlike MM who while yes has volunteered to make the cards still is apointed card maker for the group and has no choice just check afore mentioned list ofMM options ).
That's just it. I'm doing the club a service with these cards. Before Shuko, Ryan, and eventually myself, came up with the idea to make them, we had nothing. We could always go back to having nothing if that's what you'd prefer.

Third of all I would put every last shiny zigzagoon( and one linoone XP) I have down from the berry fix and since thats just a shiny clutch to get more stars I would get side comments AGAIN ( which btw even without my promotional clutch I still have more shiny pokemon then the lot of you and got a shiny treecko to boot XP and if/when I ask for another SHC card I should hope you include my cltuch shiny pkmn )
The cert shiny rule is there for a reason. Your Zig collection could moreso be thought of as "collateral damage." (Before the advent of D/P and the new rules, LDD and you did have all your Ziggies on your cards.) The rule was instated as a pre-emptive measure against possible future games that give out free shinies, such as the G/S/C Red Gyarados. A player could simply keep restarting their game to build a collection of them, much like people already do with legendaries. Everyone would end up with a card containing dozens of RGs or whatever, which is clearly against the spirit of the club and of shiny hunting. Since a shiny is still a shiny, I allow for one to appear, but even this is a favour.

on that note of my "clutch" the whole trading issue needs to be better fixed mroe then warping . if you are going to alow traded shiny pokemon you have no choice but to allow all trades even from this gen becuase unless someone fess' up to them being clones anyone and everyone cna say they got form someone they trust . while my personal feelings doesnt liek that because of gts and cloning what other choice do you have ? either you say trades do or don't count otherwise you will just end up alienating more members like you did with shinyhunters ho-oh .
There's nothing inherently wrong with trading. Nintendo put it into the games. Claiming a clone to be authentic constitutes lying, and it's no different than any other kind of lying. I already stated that Pal Parked GTS shinies should be treated as clones unless otherwise proven, so it's really in the court of members to follow this rule. If they don't, how is it any different than plain old fashioned lying.

Shido, that post was rude, and constituted more of a personal attack than anything at me taking control of the club.
1-Full respect between members of the club, any insult or misrespect will be payed with expulsion of the club.
That was extremely disrespectful. You have your warning. If you persist, you will be kicked from the club. It's just that simple.

I did a few Beldum resets, but I was doing other stuff in the game and EVing my shiny Abra.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
what i am seeing is that the members are tired of the co owners **** and they are taking it to point

what i am getting at is that the owners/co owners come here and boss us around even when we dont do anything

perfect excample metalmario came in after about a year of absence and started making new rules pretty much over powering the co owners which i think was wrong

i mean we get blamed for cheating or hacking and they act like they never do anything wrong really i think you guys are just trying to start flame wars to either make you guys have the power to bann ppl from the club or make them quit to make it look like you guys have total power

well no new shinys but i am not hunting just this second cause i got a really bad headache from babysitting my cousin and it wont go away
Thats not true, I have stated before that I highly doubt that Aaryn has all the shinys that he claims to have and he created the club.

If I wanted to throw power around i would ban people the second I suspected them of cheating, I like to think that I am quite soft on members XD

Years
Zohmg, more posts keep appearing! D:

1. I'm not completely sure what your saying here. Is it that if you perhaps live half way across the world from where Nintendo held it's events it would be tolerated if you were to teleport yourself to one of the selected place and SR till its shiny? thats what I think your saying but I may be wrong, heh. Or are you basically saying that the only Pokémon we will be counting will be Mew and Deoxys as there is no other way to obtain them bar the Nintendo events.
In other words, what you do must be the same (or as close as possible) to what Nintendo has done in the past. It doesn't matter where you live in the world, but that was the justification for the rule.

2. If I'm correct about number 1 doesn't this contradict it?
No. This says that Rule #1 does not apply if there's another way to get the subject Pokémon. So, even though Nintendo did a Mysticticket promotion at the PCNY, you may not hack your own Mysticticket and SR for shiny Lugia or Ho-oh, because it's also possible to get them from XD or Colosseum, respectively.

When did that happen? if I remember correctly we always said that traded shinys would not be counted in the dex or on the cards. When did that change? Is there anyone with a traded shiny on their card?
Check the first post in the card thread. It's always been the rule that traded shinies count if you can verify their authenticity. FuFu's Skarmory is traded, I believe from his bro. (D'money)

I gotta go now. I'll be back tonight.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I don't think you should let it go . you're right it is not fair that your ho-oh doesn't count . yes you warped to get there but it's not like you had the tickets to go get there . in the same way mew is not accessable those pokemon should count also .
MetalMario is saying the Mew WILL count (it is not obtainable shiny because the Mew Download Nintendo provided had no Shiny Mew. Ho-oh CAN be obtained shiny completely legitimately, so it should not be counted when it is shiny yet it was obtained only partially legitimately.

YES you can get ho-oh thru col but look what you have to do capture every shadow pokemon then purify every shadow pokemon then beat the out game battle tower with your ingame team JUST TO FRAGGIN GET HO-OH and you cant even sr for it so after a week or two of hard work you end up just haing to repeat the process . and lugia while the odds arent so against you like lugia is pretty much the type of deal save before you fight the guy that has lugia , capture lugia , purify lugia PAIN IN THE ARSENAL . its not fair at all that you allow use of a cheat device to get to mew when there are people who don't have access to the tickets or col / xd to get lugia and ho-oh.
Yeah, but it's ALSO not fair to the people that are actually LUCKY enough to get a shiny Ho-oh from Colosseum, or dilligent enough to shiny hunt for a Lugia on XD. If you don't have access to the tickets OR Colos/XD, and yet you STILL want a shiny Ho-oh/Lugia bad enough, why in the world should you care of what people, whom you probably won't ever meet in your life, think of you? If you want it that badly, you should be soft resetting for it just to have it, not because you want it to count on some card!

if anything you should go on ebay and buy yourself the old seachart because thts a legitmate way of getting mew without cheating .
You don't "buy" the Old Sea Chart. Just like you can't "buy" the Aurora Ticket or the Mystic Ticket.

just because you want mew doesn't mean you should change the rules to benifit you and exclude other peoples catchs . also making it ok to warp becuase there is no other way to ge tto deoxys and mew
Mew and Deoxys are a different case from Lugia/Ho-oh because they are extremely exclusive and ARE NOT obtainable by means outside of Ninento's promotional events. THAT'S why we're saying Mew and Deoxys should count, but Lugia and Ho-oh shouldn't...even then, I'm thinking that Deoxys shouldn't count. Why? If you went to a Deoxys event (like I did), you had a chance to soft reset for a shiny Deoxys, and you blew it. I didn't even know about shinies back then, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

than your only one step away from saying its ok to hack in celebi long as you don't put the shiny code and hunt it because nintendo didnt give me an event that was close by that i could go to . you need to either A stick by the rules or B bend them so everyone can benifit . if hacking does'nt count at all then fine shinyhunters ho-oh doesnt count . but if you're going to make eceptions then his should be allowed .
Um, why should we care if someone hacks a Celebi? This is the SHINY Pokemon Lovers Club, not the "We Obsess Over Legit and Hacked Celebi Club". Even then, this argument isn't valid because like you said, "you're one step away" from downright hacking a Pokemon. When soft resetting for a shiny Lugia/Ho-oh at Navel Rock, you ARE NOT hacking for it to be shiny. You are simply hacking to get there and nothing more. YOU are the one twisting everything up by saying just because something is "one step away" from another makes both of them wrong, when in fact, it doesn't, at least not in this case. Besides our bendation (lol) of the rules are VERY specific and and actually make sense.

YES Metal Mario makes the cards but it's not his decision what goes on the cards if he is making the cards for the club . same way he and a few others (even tho most of you liked it ) did'nt want exo making an official site unless the club wanted it (btw he was willing to work with teh club and give co-owners access but some people >.> attacked him and he just ended up leaving ) MM can not say what is allowed on the CLUB card wether he likes it or not . If he doesnt agree and doesn't want someones catch on their card then he can either suck it up and do his job as card maker for the club and make it , QUIT and make cards for noone , or finaly say he is 100% owner of the club and that it's a dictatorship and its his rules and then make cards for who he wants how he wants .
IIRC, MetalMario makes them for anybody that wants one. I actually agree with you about Exokriz's situation, but that's a different story. MM can say what is and is not allowed on A card (NOT A CLUB CARD BECAUSE IT IS NOT ONE CARD FOR AN ENTIRE CLUB). Heck, he can even deny making a card if he wants!

I, for one, think co-owners are allowed to make new rules. The actual owner of the club isn't here anyways to decide what's wrong and what's right. It's up to the co-owners own judgement to decide what's good and what's bad for the club. And that's why they're co-owners in the first place. The original owner was actually smart with his club, and appointed people that he felt were trustworty, honest, intelligent, etc.

as for that club crap about exo leaving MM and not continuing working on it . Aaryn left and never updated the damn list , Skinny Green Man didnt update the dex , Pazzkat is gone , you were gone and no cards were being made , so wtf are you smoking ?
I don't know what you're referring to here. Care to elaborate?

they left and come back for a week or two every six months (maybe longer for one of the listed XP ) . ok fine people have real life issues woot thats great but I already gave a speech about passing on ownership when you can't handle things . On that note , inactiness is perfect reason for co-owners to pass on ownership , not posting every week is one thing not posting every month is another . just becuase the coowners don't want to loss their position in the hierarchy of the club doesn't mean they shouldn't do what best for the club . GRANTED you can't just give away co-ownership to anyone but if you're not going to be around either A find sumone wh you can give it too or B give tempship to someone .
You seem to be forgetting that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has happened in this club that has warranted for the co-owners to come back. If this were a club full of general adversity and belligerent members, then, yeah, we'd need some co-owners to be around here pretty often. However, everyone in this club gets along pretty well for the most part. The only thing co-owners do is accept new members into the club, which for the most part, has gone along just fine. Furthermore, Yami has said MANY times that he simply lurked most of the time and never bothered to post BECAUSE HE DIDN'T NEED TO. See what I'm getting at here? The whole time the co-owners were "gone" we didn't even NEED them!

I also like how MM and FuFu are both telling me and SH to make our own cards.
I don't recall MM saying that people should make their own cards. I also enjoy how everytime you want to argue with someone, you must include unnecessary and flame-quality tidbits of information.

well now I could , it would be tedious at first but if I really wanted to make my own SHC card I could.
Well then, if you have such a problem with the current SHC cards then do it!

what would happen if I did ? first off MM would throw a hissy fit because its his model and make and its his card (noone remembers that nova made her own custome card and got reamed for it? )
Yes, and he has the right to do so. HE'S is the one that MADE the template, not you. He has full control over who uses it, and who shouldn't. If you don't want him to "throw a hissy fit" then make your own template. ;)

and yes I did not forget that you gave them the templates to make cards and then once again dissapeared
Okay, he disappeared, and they stopped making cards. They had reasons other than that. Yami himself said something about his computer not accepting the template or somethign (sorry, Yami, I simply don't remember exactly what you said) and Nova disappeared. Another invalid argument.

Second of all I'm not the card maker for the group thats not my job and so if I did make a card I would make one for me and say screw the lot of you I didnt sign up to make you all cards
You do know that it's not mandatory for a member to have a card, right? If they want to have their shinies displayed, but not in the way the SHC card does it (which is really dumb imo, the SHC cards are great) then they should go get someone else to do it, or do it themselves.

(unlike MM who while yes has volunteered to make the cards still is apointed card maker for the group and has no choice just check afore mentioned list ofMM options ). Third of all I would put every last shiny zigzagoon( and one linoone XP) I have down from the berry fix and since thats just a shiny clutch to get more stars I would get side comments AGAIN

Shido said:
( which btw even without my promotional clutch I still have more shiny pokemon then the lot of you and got a shiny treecko to boot XP and if/when I ask for another SHC card I should hope you include my cltuch shiny pkmn )[/B]

Lol, what an unnecessary bit of information that no one really wants to hear.
on that
note of my "clutch" the whole trading issue needs to be better fixed mroe then warping . if you are going to alow traded shiny pokemon you have no choice but to allow all trades even from this gen becuase unless someone fess' up to them being clones anyone and everyone cna say they got form someone they trust . while my personal feelings doesnt liek that because of gts and cloning what other choice do you have ?

At least we can infer whether or not a shiny is cloned when it comes from GTS. If it is a 4th Gen shiny, then it most likely isn't cloned. Therefore, we should count it. If it is Pal Parked, just assume that it isn't cloned. If someone claims that the person they received it from didn't clone it or it is 3rd Gen Pokemon and that they caught in the 4th Gen (like catching a Shiny Beldum after a Swarm) that person should provide a pic that states where they captured it; if it says it was received from Pal Park, then the person is lying. Since that person is lying, we don't know if he/she is lying about his/her other shinies and shouldn't be accounted for them. And if we are faced with someone that's actually a good hacker (they hacked to have it at the right level, right moves, right location, etc.), then it's simply up to a matter of trust. It's not that hard, really. either you say trades do or don't count otherwise you will just end up alienating more members like you did with shinyhunters ho-oh .

You're posts are hard to read, shido. Could you include more punctuation?

Last edited:

shido

Blood Sucker
Years

LMAO MM just warned xP

I wasn't even going to say anything because I really don't care but it's not fair to alienate SH . so if i get kicked from the club for how I express my views then so be it , I took the banner and shc card out of my sig long time ago so it really wouldn't phase me in the least . BTW MM when did the "club" decide anything ? youve been MIA forever and I talk to LDD so I know you ahvent talked to her and Im pretty sure you just started talking to yami recently so wheres this "club" decides comment comming from ? you'll notice I didnt mention ryan becuz he has also been MIA and I don't know if youve been in touch with him . so it really looks like you've made these decisions and they just have to agree when it comes down to it . all in all MM I'm not sucking up anything or leaving if you really want me to go then say so then you can come off as the great co-owner banisher the most evilest of flamers bahahaha

Last edited:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
o.o"

Okay then. I really don't know what to say. However, I side with FF3K for just about everything he said. Although there was one part that I didn't fully agree with. =/ *searches and fails* Maybe it was someone else. However, I'm not reading through all of that.

But lets try and just end this conflict. If you guys have any problems, you should just PM eachother (Preferably so all 4 of you can view, so all of you know what eachother are saying).

On note, the Raptors lost, nuu! ;_; I havn't played my emerald for a few days, however, all tis "Pep talk ;D" has sparked my interest and I might start hunting once again! *Teehee*

Back