• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Just a note to all this stuff that's going on, when I found my shiny Voltorb on Sapphire, I just went to the Power Plant but I did -not- save my progress. If I got tired, I'd just turn the game off.
I started to do this with my Emerald, but I want to see how long it really does take me to get it. But it also makes me wonder if not saving would increase my chances... hmm... probably not alot, if anything.

To elaborate and to add onto this, not saving would revert back to the previous time.
I sorta want to do this, but I can't help but think the Pokemon that I would have encountered next would have been Shiny.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
lol it may or may not lmao DDD I got my karp and goldeen and a few others by just turning the game off . not because it increased my chances I just didnt want to eat up the clock hours . but my tente , golbat , krabby I had to save becuz i was hatching / traing so XP . it works either way

Years
Surge's Raichu, you may join if you like. ;)

Fufu: I'm pretty sure the RNG isn't affected by the clock. (which is pretty silly, considering that's the best way to keep an RNG from repeating itself. =/) The reason I'm so sure of this is because I often see repeats (repeat, as in the nature's the same, the stats are the same, and the Legendary Breeder gives the exact same commentary) when I do soft resets, but the repeats I see change when I re-save the game. I think the most likely sources of entropy are the time since you turned on (or soft reset) the GBA (measured in 1/60th second intervals) and the number of steps taken.

Ugg, it's been a long night. I've only done about 75 resets for Chiko/Beldum combined, but now I finally have time to do more. BTW, DDD, I always sigh in frustration whenever someone gets a shiny in only a few hundred tries. (Fufu, Shido, I'm talking about you... :p) My soft reset efforts always take several thousand tries. Porygon and Abra were both in the 2000s and I didn't count resets for Dratini. It took me an obscenely long time before I saw a shiny Lotad in the Seviper patch, but not much longer to see a Swablu (after I came back, anyways). My craziest lucky spell would probably be seeing a shiny Metapod and Spearow kind of in the same day. (same calendar day, but Metapod was after midnight on the previous day)

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
I am currently hunting in the Zangoose patch with no luck. Good luck to everyone on their hunts! Do you think having a whole shiny team would be cool? Wouldn't it be cool if I could do that and beat the game with just my shiny team? So what shiny pkmn are you all hunting? Everyone chime in and tell me your goals! I know d/p is coming in a few days, is anyone trying to get a shiny that has a new evolution in d/p? I might do that.. any suggestions on which one to go for?
Kim
*Edit*XxXRiho, You don't have to have a shiny to be a member. We have had lots of people who join with no shiny, all you have to do is agree to hunt for shinies. We are really glad to welcome you to the SHC!

Last edited:

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
well MM lol ive been fishing for a long time lmao them telling me to go after a water type kinda was what i was alredy doing because i had been training my exeggutor for a week or so now XP and my Kips took me over a year to get all 3 XP but I think its weird that I usualy get my shiny pokemon in either the same day or same week then a dry spell then two or 3 shiny pokemon in a day or week and then dry spell lmao thats my shiny cycle

XxXRiho

Unbe-frilling-leivable.
Years
WOOHOO!!!! :D Well YAY! :P THANK YOU!!! I shall work very diligently to get LOTS of them. (It'll be tough with a Boyfriend with such a strong record to live up to...>_<) BUT I SHALL SUCCEED!!! XD hehe. :P
<3

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I just got an idea. If steps are counted, I may walk around the table and then take Charmander's PokeBall a few times and see if it changes in trends, because just as before, sometimes I'd get the same nature over and over (Timid was a constant, even females with that nature wouldn't be rare). But... I doubt it'd really do anything. Sorry. Just a sad, sad little idea by me hoping to help my chances and make conversation. @.@'

Emerald's time is now at 156:54. Started hunting for Magnemite around 100 hours. Gotta keep going. Switching back to Charmander for the night though now. I've gotten all my SR Pokemon at night.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
I am currently hunting in the Zangoose patch with no luck. Good luck to everyone on their hunts! Do you think having a whole shiny team would be cool? Wouldn't it be cool if I could do that and beat the game with just my shiny team? So what shiny pkmn are you all hunting? Everyone chime in and tell me your goals! I know d/p is coming in a few days, is anyone trying to get a shiny that has a new evolution in d/p? I might do that.. any suggestions on which one to go for?
Kim
*Edit*XxXRiho, You don't have to have a shiny to be a member. We have had lots of people who join with no shiny, all you have to do is agree to hunt for shinies. We are really glad to welcome you to the SHC!

lol yes a shiny tema would be awesome but my shiny natures suck for battle and im afraid to check ivs >.> but it would still be cool . aShiny LEGIT NON CLONED eevee team would not only be something worth bragging about but would be a good varied team .

my goals now lmao is to have 50 shiny pokemon before end of this year and set my self apart from other shiny hunters by doing some remmeberabl catchs liek completeling my hoeen set (whihc noone has ever done and wont for a long time muahaha) . but short hand goal is to get one more shiny to get 25 shiny pokemon before dp and get my 25+ shinnies after dp :)

I think you should go after duskull the dp evo is a worth wild pokemon to use :)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Surge's Raichu, you may join if you like. ;)

Fufu: I'm pretty sure the RNG isn't affected by the clock. (which is pretty silly, considering that's the best way to keep an RNG from repeating itself. =/) The reason I'm so sure of this is because I often see repeats (repeat, as in the nature's the same, the stats are the same, and the Legendary Breeder gives the exact same commentary) when I do soft resets, but the repeats I see change when I re-save the game. I think the most likely sources of entropy are the time since you turned on (or soft reset) the GBA (measured in 1/60th second intervals) and the number of steps taken.

I do believe the internal battery may have some effect on this though. I do this pretty often when I shiny hunt for Latias (about three times a day, if that counts as often), but I still get Gentle, Hasty, and Mild a lot.
I don't get shinies in few hundred tries MM...I almost always get in more than a thousand soft resets per Pokemon. The only one that I probably got in less than a thousand was maybe Scyther.

Yes, Kim, a shiny team would be cool; I have one on my FR, though it's not very varied (Charizard, Dragonite, Umbreon, Scizor, Porygon2, and Mewtwo). Shido, a member at SPPf named Zera apparently got six shiny Eevee (one through soft resetting, five through breeding IIRC), and got all the shiny eeveelutions forms, but this is also the same member that claimed to have gotten a shiny Jirachi from the Colosseum Bonus Disk. He never posted any pictures, and his data was reset by a younger sibling, so most people never really believed him. I wonder if he was telling the truth.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the internal battery is dead on my Ruby. It's not dead on my FR, and I just now took a few steps and saved three times. Before, I was seeing many Quirky and Bold. Now I'm running into lots of Hasty and Lonely (great for MixDos, heh).

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
Hey, anyone remember me? lol It's been a while. I come bearing good news.

I've been playing alot of Emerald lately, I'm up to 80 hours on the time and almost have my Swampert to level 100 :D But that's not the point. The other day me and my cousin were hatching Treecko eggs trying to find a Timid nature, while one of the eggs were hatching we were watching some show, but i happened to look down and.....

SHINY TREECKO!!!!

I said too my cousin "Dude, this Treecko is shiny" and he said "Yeah right, April Fools" I showed him the screen and he was happy also. It's Lax Nature, but hey its shiny. Now, I've found the trick to finding a shiny. Don't think about it. You'll get one quicker. Does anyone know a moveset for a Lax Treecko? If you do PM it too me, I don't know the next time I'll be on.

Canthinkofaname

The One With No Name
Years
hello people of the shiny hunters club. i wanna join the club. no i dont own any right now, but will begin my hunt soon to find some. i have seen a shiny before. in crystal one time when i was at that patch of grass outside the cave that red is in, i saw a shiny tangela and was surprised. i dont remember if i caught it or not, but i remember i saw it.
one of my goals is to multiply the level of rareness that the pokemon has. shineys are already incredibly rare, but to make it more awesome to find one, i want to catch a shiney pokemon that is already rare to find, like chimecho or absol or feebas.

Years
Congratz and welcome back, Exokriz! *grunbles to self about shiny treecko like one of the old hermits ryan was talking about*

Canthink, welcome to the SHC!

I'm trying to double up SRing for shiny Chikorita with hunting in the Roselia patch, but it's not working too well.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
MM you have to learn the secret technique of multitasking , right now i'm watching inuyasha , talking to riho and kim , surfing for a another shiny tenta and sring for shiny treecko (srry MM but i need two mroe to complete my treecko family tree XP )

Years
That's kind of what I did to get Abra, but running around in a patch is just too much to avoid big time gaps and mistakes. I'm kind of out of SR targets on Fire Red. The only things left at the Game Corner are Scyther and El Clefarios. I took everything else because I needed to for Pokédex.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Double hunting is nothing for me, especially when it's for wild Pokemon. I triple hunt basically all the time, though I've never tried triple hunting for wild-shinies. Like right now, I'm going for Groudon on Emerald2 (I got bored of trying to fill the Hoenn Dex, and I need something to do while I wait for the Link Cable) and Zapdos on FR. I would go for Latias, too, but I'm too tired.

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
MM you have to learn the secret technique of multitasking , right now i'm watching inuyasha , talking to riho and kim , surfing for a another shiny tenta and sring for shiny treecko (srry MM but i need two mroe to complete my treecko family tree XP )
Just as soon as I move my mew from my ruby to my emerald, I will begin resetting for Treeko also! Seems like everyone wants one of those! (I will be multitasking too!)
Kim

Back