• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
welp today was a good day for trades XD I got squirtle , ditto , eevee , cyndiquil , mudkip :) so hoepfully when I rebreed then one will be shiny

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Still hunting for Chimchar. And whaddaya know, I have h/w to do as well! I'm probably going to procrastinate and start it late as well. Woe is me.

I usually hunt while reading the Guide Book. I bought it for my brother because I don't need it (I can figure out what to do myself), but it is a bit fun. I've read quite a few pages, but I've already forgotten what they said, lol.

Wish me luck. Shido, did you start out with Piplup?

Years
LMAO so after trading and battling with MM ( told you ur grotle would win ;) ) I got on gts and someone had traded me a shiny turtwig !!!

I can't help but believe its hacks but im crossing my fingers and hoping not . is there any way to tell ??

well i decided to get rid of it lmao i really think its hacked and i dont want hacked pokemon
Lol, I thought Prinplup had a Steel-type! xP Were you raising a team of four, because your guys were a little overleveled. Oh, and I got my Glameow. ;)

I'm really not sure as to the status of hacks on the GTS. Clearly, Pal Parked shinies are more likely than not clones, but the same excuse doesn't work for NDS originals. Chances are they're hacked if their owners care so little as to offer them on the GTS.

Having a blast playing through Diamond, but I haven't found any new shinies.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
nope steel typing doesnt come till empoleon ., today i basicly got all the starters and since I got ditto I can trade you that burmy now if you want :)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hey, I thought you couldn't get Ditto unless you have the National Dex? I'm assuming that you don't have the National Dex, shido, because it was only yesterday (or two days ago?) that you were battling MM, and you only had a Prinplup then. I could be wrong.

Still heading strong for a shiny Chimchar. I can't wait 'till I get it, the others hunts I plan on doing will be much easier in comparison to this (Dialga and Drifloon, just to name a few). Wish me luck.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Get ready for my next big newspiece! I decided to take a break from SRing on Sapphire to play through Emerald. So I'm in Victory Road and out comes a shiny Hariyama. I knew these things used Whirlwind a lot so I went to my Ball pocket. Nothing in there that I thought would work straightaway. Then when I went to switch to my Zangoose...I accidentally pressed "Run." :'( :'( That's the second shiny I let escape! If only I still had my Master Ball...CURSE YOU RAYQUAZA!!! So I may hunt in Victory Road for a while to avenge that.

That there is some serious Deja-vu. On my last 2 game files, with minimal lingering, I have found (and lost) a shiny while progressing naturally through the game. If this is destined to keep happening, then in Pearl, I'll have to be extra-careful. Always prepared. Ruthless. Expect the unexpected.

On the plus side, I realised something else. Now that I have Emerald, and some Berries can reduce EVs, I can use them to get rid of the useless vits I pumped my shiny Ludicolo with, and in turn, increase its important stats. Nacho will, at last, battle. (Though I need enough of the Berries first.)

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
no i dont have the national dex ...... but I have ditto ( bahahaha wifi wins agains ) ... I just got flareon XP I dug up a fire stone and used it on meh eevee .

im finaly going into the breeding town , oh and last night I got a lucky egg :) so easy training now

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, I've been soft resetting for Chimchar since I got back. Reading the Guide Book, too. The Guide Book is pretty lame, but I do like how everything looks. Good luck to everyone shiny hunting.

So, shido, you can get non-Sinnoh Dex Pokemon (i.e., National Dex Pokemon) through GTS before actually getting the National Dex? Awesome! Now I can have a Tangrowth on my team.

Years
Shido: How are you getting all this post-ND stuff? Do you have the friend code of some Japanese player who's had the game for a while or something? Oh, and I'd love a Ditto if you have an extra. I can trade you starters. ;) BTW, no thanks on that Burmy. I shouldn't have that much trouble catching one once I make it back to the western part of Sinnoh. I caught a female Combee pretty easily.

In other news...

I caught a shiny Geodude!! ^o^

16-GeodudeL20bat.jpg

16-GeodudeL20b.jpg

(other pictures can be found in my Shiny Album)

I was paranoid it'd Selfdestruct, so I just threw a Repeat Ball and had it. I'm NOT going to go through another shiny Lairon incident. What a turn-off that'd be to me for the fourth-generation. Thankfully, it stayed in.

I recorded a video of its capture, but the sound crapped out and didn't record for some reason. I'm still going to post the video on Youtube later this evening, probably with some music thrown over top, if I can find something appropriate.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Lol haven't posted here in awhile. Heh its always been down for me when I try to get on xD Anyways I got both D and P. Using P to Sr for chimchar but lol its takes really lol, haven't tried much. In my Diamond I've tried Sring for honey tree pokes but no luck. I'm looking forward to friday when I will SR like crazy for shiny drifloon. It'll be a long long while till I can pal park my 3rd gen shinies, I plan on going for shiny dialga and lord knows how long that'll take once I get to it xD COngrats to anyone who's gotten a shiny lately and Good luck to everyone else on their hunts!

Years
Lol! I just noticed the "personality flavour" for my shiny Geodude--"somewhat vain." "Hey everyone, look at me! I'm GOLD!! Neeners!" xP

The more I hear people declaring that they're going to reset for shiny Drifloon, the less I want to. He's really becoming too overrated. Not unlike Porygon. When I got one, nobody else had one. Now everyone does. I remember that bubble burst when Missingno Master went after one. =/

I'll EV shiny Geodude once I get the Macho Brace and, preferably, Fly. Do Pal Parked Pokémon keep their Pokérus? I may hold off on the EV training if I can import Pokérus from there.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hey, everyone. Sychronize SRing has been confirmed to work. I'm sure you all have probably already thought about it, but Sychronize SRing is taking advantage of the Synchronize trait in Emearld and utilizing it to maximize the odds of you finding a shiny with a specific nature. This worked with wild Pokemon (and I believe Pokemon given to you) in Emerald, but not for SRing. It now works for SRing on Diamond. Can anyone say Timid shiny Azelf? Adamant shiny Dialga?

Congrats on the shiny Geodude, MM. Funny how the people who AREN'T hunting are getting shinies. Heh, maybe I should trick my game into thinking I'm hunting for a female Chimchar with a good nature. ;)

*says he is hunting for female Chimchar with a good nature aloud*

I was eating dinner, and I couldn't really soft reset, so I decided to "play through" a bit. To be honest, I'm not missing out on that much. I know the game is gonna be great when I get on, but beating those Lvl 2 Starly and Bidoof just wouldn't be as fun as it would be if I had a shiny Chimchar.

Oh, yeah, MM, I decided on hunting for a shiny Drifloon as soon as the shiny sprites for D/P were released. In fact, I've decided on most, if not, ALL of my future targets.

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
Years
Well guys I was thinking about how much a shiny was actually worth to me and I found it out it wasn't too much. If I had to choose between like 5 dollars or twenty shiny pokemon I would take the five bucks. Anyways what are your opinions about how much there worth to you? and congrats on the geodude metal mario.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Five bucks? I'd definitely take the shiny! I can easily get twenty bucks in two weeks, if I just did my chores.

Anything over $50, I'd probably just take the money.

To stay on-topic, I'm shiny hunting for Chimchar. I may hunt for Latias over the weekend, but it doesn't seem likely because I have another basketball tournament.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
noooooooooooooooooo not my geodude :( :( :( congrats nevertheless :( :( :(

ive got a few trades going , im trading eeevee for spiritomb and rotom right now XP maybe ill hatch one :(

Back