• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Haha lol that is messed up, I also don't really see how one could fall asleep during a shiny battle. I'd think a shiny appearing would wake someone up like a rear kick in the face from a horse lol. Are you sure you weren't dreaming you ran into a shiny?

Lol Fufu I know what you mean by your one hand method, but mine hand is barely able to reach that far and on an old school DS, your thumb has to be parallel to your index/middle finger to do that since the start select buttons are right above the XYBA buttons. Lol what I do is hit Start select with my thumb and the R button with my index, and then press the L button with any surface by pressing the DS down on something lol. I'd do MM's rubber band method but I find it gets in the way of the D-pad sometimes :p

Lol Anyways I'm still SRing for chimchar, purple monkey dishwasher!! blah it wont show up yet. I'll be relentless in my pursuit. Going to continue on today and will have extra time since I'll be staying home since its thundering over here too much lol. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Looks like Pearl will have to wait until this Friday. =/

3rd Gen: On Ruby, I'm soft resetting for Latias@Southern Island, I will be resetting for Jirachi on Sapphire (I have the Bonus Disk), LG is for shiny Squirtle, FR is for shiny Moltres, on Emerald1 I'm hunting for Regirock, and on Emerald2 I'm currently hunting for Cyndaquil, but I will soon switch to Regice.

4th Gen: Drifloon, obviously. If I don't get it by next Saturday (the 26th), I will temporarily give up on it. I'm going to train a Shellos and Gible that I bred to have certain natures and moves (Shellos is Bold w/ Yawn, Gible is Jolly w/ Earthquake) and my Careful Bibarel. If I finish that, I will try to get a female Riolu from that person in Iron Island; afterwards, I'll try to get a Modest or Quiet Abra with Synchronize. If I'm able to do that, I'll just soft reset until Cranidos until the next Friday rolls around. As for Pearl, I want to hunt for starter, but which one? Nobody in my family that plays Pokemon has actually gotten some sort of progress with Piplup, everyone has chosen Chimchar or Turtwig. Turtwig is just plain easier to soft reset for. I like both shiny forms equally, but I'm leaning toward Piplup for the time being.

Good luck, everyone.

Last edited:

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Thanks Fufu! Now, after beating the game, I will be able to get myself a Shiny Giratina! :D

No new stuff on my hunting, jsut 5 more resets for Cranidos. Good luck everyone!

<I>Kobra<I>

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Hey guys, I'm back. :) Sorry about the absence but we had just switched ISPs and it took 4EVA to get our new router. Anyway, my exams are now over, I have Pearl, and I will be playing it for a very long time. Or at least until I catch up with everyone who got it a month earlier.

When I first got it I decided to do a little SRing for shiny Turtwig. No luck. Although on the first day, ONE OF THE STARLYs WERE SHINY!:( (Sucks when that happens, huh Fufu?) Anyway, 8 hours in and I've just reached Hearthrome & had my 2nd rival match. I only took so long because I spent over an hour undeground looking for an Armor Fossil.

My team so far is:

Grotle(M)
Lv20, Impish
Tackle, Curse, Absorb, Razor Leaf

Staravia(F)
Lv22, Bashful
Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Endeavor, Double Team

Luxio(M)
Lv21, Quiet
Spark, Leer, Charge, Bite

Budew(M)
Lv21, Bashful
Mega Drain, Growth, Worry Seed, Stun Spore

Misdreavus(F)
LV21, Relaxed
HP Ghost, Astonish, Psywave, Conuse Ray

And that's my story so far, continuing to develop.

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
i think i got a first of its kind
i got a shiny finneon which is now a shiny lumineon
pics soon

mm can i get a new shc card

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Got about 280 Cranidos SRs now, and still no luck. Still hating SRing on Diamond, it takes way too long, but at least they got smart and took out the recent history from FR/LG ><

Really want Giratina, especially since I can reset for it tons faster than Cranidos. Going to play through more of the game and put off Shiny Hunting for a few days.

Good luck on all of the hunts and grats Shiny Shuckle on the Lumineon! ^^

<I>Kobra<I>

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, I don't think I will be able to get MUCH hunting done this weekend. I have three (possibly four) projects due for Social Studies and two for Literature by sometime next week, but I want to finish them on Monday. I know I will not have any h/w for the rest of the week, for it IS the final week of school before Summer Break, so I will be shiny hunting like a madman next week. Good luck, everyone.

Edit: I'm getting Pearl tomorrow, too. Yay.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Lol I'm still Sring for shiny chimchar on pearl. Heh least I haven't seen a cursed starly yet. Really wish I could get chimchar so I could move on with the game xD Also we Canadians get a 3 day weekend since it Victoria Day holiday on Monday, so that gives me extra SRing time! I'm randomly going to try hunting a shiny gastly in the Old Chateau in Diamond. Lol yeah its old school but I really like the Old Chateau music and a shiny gastly would go nicely with my 3 other shiny ghosts...
On my 3rd gen games I'm hunting Moltres on LG and I've occasionally switched to hunting Kecleon on Sapphire. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
hi was up ??? since m last post I have been checking posts everyday
I don't have anything Shiny to report.
I hope my personal plans go as planned :P
oh yeah ... I .... um ... I ... I found a working NDS emulator :P yeah .... sorry .... I probaably won't get a DS in like 2-3 years :P
so .... i'm playing on my pc Diamond of course ....
I don't think anyone would be o.k. with an emulated shiny and that is NOT my goal !!!
I just want to play the games :) I can't stand it
BTW are there any programmed shinyes in D/P like a red Gyarados ???

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Hehe. Since my exams are finished I don't have to go back to school until June 4th. Anyway, still just been playing through Pearl. Just heading to Cel-whatever city after getting Badge 4. Grotle and Luxio have evolved. I have 4 Armor fossils so when I hunt for Shieldon I'll have to reset less often.

And to any Diamond players I'm willing to trade a Glameow holding an Armor Fossil for a Stinky or Skuntank holding a Skull Fossil. (As soon as I catch a Glameow. I'll get back to anyone who is interested.)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I haven't been able to shiny hunt recently as my GCSE's have just started. But they finish on the 14th July and i dont have to go back to school till September. That will give me hours of shiny hunting.

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
shiny update:
Drifloon: I lost count dont have school today so im getting some extra resets. Only reason im trying to get drifloon is because its gold and gold=good...its not like im going to use it XD
Rotom: at about 3,186 resets. I didnt even know i could count this high....I really hope he'll show up soon seeing as the old chateu is creeping the hell out of me (especially with the volume up and its dark at night...)

My cousin found a shiny starly 12 mins into the game on his pearl. He got so lucky he had already gotten his pokeballs. Seeing as most everyone uses staraptor for their flying pokemon it could be a great asset to his team.

I REALLY need that rotom.....

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
There aren't any tips for finding them. I dont have Diamond or Pearl so don't have any tipps on the PokeRadar. I think someone mentioned it on this post or on a the last page though.

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
i got it on the gts is does it count
at lv 47 when i received it
no fake attacks 100% legit

poke radaring 4 a shiny snover

shinyGeo

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
If anyone is wondering how to pokeradar shiny pokemon out here it is.

once you do get a REALLY high chain (40+)(This is done by pokeradaring and if you find a pokemon you want shiny kill it and pokeradar will find more rustles go to the one farthest away that looked like the last rustle and you should encounter the smae pokemon this way your "chain" will go up) make sure you have some max repels. use one and use the pokeradar. If a shiny grass rustle isnt found go to a area in the grass where there were ABSOLUTELY no rustles. Recharge your pokeradar there. If you by Chance DO see a shiny patch of grass go to it (Repel will still let you run into pokeradar pokemon just not wild pokemon) Hence the pokeradar DOES improve your chance of finding a shiny
Theres a vieo of it which i will get asap. its in japanese though.(there are other videos on youtube of this. You cant understand what this guy did because its in japanese but as you can tell by the little picture he had ALOT of max repels and he kept going to an area where there werent any rustles to recharge his pokeradar.)

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
If anyone is wondering how to pokeradar shiny pokemon out here it is.

once you do get a REALLY high chain (40+)(This is done by pokeradaring and if you find a pokemon you want shiny kill it and pokeradar will find more rustles go to the one farthest away that looked like the last rustle and you should encounter the smae pokemon this way your "chain" will go up) make sure you have some max repels. use one and use the pokeradar. If a shiny grass rustle isnt found go to a area in the grass where there were ABSOLUTELY no rustles. Recharge your pokeradar there. If you by Chance DO see a shiny patch of grass go to it (Repel will still let you run into pokeradar pokemon just not wild pokemon) Hence the pokeradar DOES improve your chance of finding a shiny
Theres a vieo of it which i will get asap. its in japanese though.(there are other videos on youtube of this. You cant understand what this guy did because its in japanese but as you can tell by the little picture he had ALOT of max repels and he kept going to an area where there werent any rustles to recharge his pokeradar.)

once again that proves nothing accept that pokeradar shows you if its a shiny . thats not proof enough for me to say yes it increases ur chances in the slightest .

when someone gives concret hard proof then ill believe it but for now its nothing more then people encountering a shiny and saying its easier if you do it "so and so " or use "so and so " . nothing but luck and peoples misguided ramblings and assumptions .

a streak of 40 + is atleast 40 pokes seen , at the most 200 pokes seen . thats not even including all the times the person had to redo the streak from scratch becuase of of it being the wrong poke . so in all likely hood thats atleast 400 mayb even 500 pokes seen atleast . thats more then enuf to find a shiny albeit unlikely but with the pokeradar telling you its a shiny you cant miss now can can you . not to mention all the poeple who spend hours getting 90+ streak and end up with nothing to show for it shiny wise >.>

imo does nothing but tell you its a shniy and everyone is jumping the bandwagon before any hard proof is given just liek they usualy do with every other half baked story about how to get a shiny or mew or celebi .

i think once i start hunting im going to use pokeradar and prove you can get it on ur first try with no streak tho of course that wont be proof enuf but it will be enuf of a point for my argument

also to anyone who says the youtube video is proof , um if i say you have to encounted 100 level 23 pokemon in an hour and it gives u a shiny and i video tape it doesnt mean its true , simply means that i videotaped over and over and over and over and over again untill i finaly found and shiny and then threw the video at you with a bs theory and say its proof enuf when its not .

shinyGeo

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
also to anyone who says the youtube video is proof , um if i say you have to encounted 100 level 23 pokemon in an hour and it gives u a shiny and i video tape it doesnt mean its true , simply means that i videotaped over and over and over and over and over again untill i finaly found and shiny and then threw the video at you with a bs theory and say its proof enuf when its not .

But once theres 4 videos of it happening and 3 of them being the same person is when i believe it. W.e. shido i respect your opinion but i think pokeradar DOES improve it and hey trying wont kill me. So i evolved my ralts to Gardevoir just for that so i can try and find another Shiny Male Ralts using pokeradar. It will take long no doubt but it wont hurt trying.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I got my own Pearl now! Now I don't have to worry about asking my brother to use his game to soft reset for stuff like shiny Palkia. I still have decided on which starter to hunt yet, and I haven't even started hunting. My brother dared me to try to get an ID with three matching numbers because it takes so long to start over your game and such, so he thinks I'm too impatient. I'll prove him wrong though. :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
wassup....yall probably dont remember me cuz i been gone so long, but i just thought i'd re-visit the old shiny hunters club. so what's been up?? i know yall have been catchin shinies like crazy....to be honest i haven't been hunting AT ALL. i did re-start hunting today though, so i can resume my position as a shiny hunter. shiny electrike's my target now.

Back