• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

azerty

i want my pearl.. 27 july....
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2007
Hi everyone here at the shinyhuntersclub!
Can I join this club?
But I dont have a nintendo ds so im gonna hunt on my sapphire.
I hope that isnt a problem. :s
I havent caught any shiny yet but i saw a shiny poochyena and it
was so cool. :)
See ya! :)

uhh this is awkward it seems im already member but thats from a while ago
my name wasnt in the list in the first topic so I tought...

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
i'm still SRing for charmander on FR...no luck as usual. though i did manage to get a wierd ID number: 05005. never saw that many zeros before lol oh well, im gonna go SR summore. GL to all!!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I like that ID number.
I am training my Raichu fot the elite four on Fire red so am sort of looking for some shinies. I'm not going to do the elite 4 till i have the team i want.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Just had to vent some stuff off topic XD smogon is full of !$@# every team is the same thing SAME THING and godforbid you make a RMT with oriningal pokes they then will close ur thread and tell u " infernape and gayrados could kill ur entire tema if u sat there and let them power up for ten turns before actualy starting NOT TO MENTION that weevile can choiceband kill ur entire team with 3 diffrent moves even tho what i just said makes no sense becuz if weevile is using choiceband he can only use one move but even so theres no possible you could win against these 3 pokemon becuz they can kill ur whole team if u dont attack for the first five turns " -.- smogon is full of it and half the reason half the threads are "future" team is becuz the smogon battle crizap isnt up i doubt almost none of them actualy sit down long enuf to get one of those pokes battle ready let alone the whole team ( unless they just hack ivs ) . also I doubt any of them have had a real battle becuz even tho they are using their standards in their "unique" standardish ways if they had a real battle they would realize that the non garchomps ,ttars , blisseys , infernapes , gayardos and well basicly the entire list of legendaries can be beaten by the so called "weak" pokemno that unique RMT threads get shut down for having in their team . its pathetic really , its not competitive batle is cookie cutter copyand paste battle . anyone ever wonder why the pokemon contest at the 10 ani was full of the same loser crap legendary teams ? its becuz people have no brain power to make their own teams instead of cookie cuttering the "standards " which is why i was rooting for the guy who made it to the semi finals using only regular pokemon and next time a compition like that comes around im sure as heck going to be entering to just beat down every real noob out there with the same smogon cookie cutter teams and yes I called them noobs becuz the smogon teams are made to fight smogon teams and if a real battler took the time out to battle them i would go so far as to say 8 out 10 times smogoners would lose using their standards .

on the shiny note , i hunted for eevee and marill a bit but quickly stoped and got back to working on my team for the tower still hoping to hatch a shiny .

Last edited:

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Well, Mime Jr is officially NOT worth the trouble, nor are any of the Trophy Garden Pokes. They are simply too rare. Out of 100 pokemon I was able to see about 3 Mimes. (Not counting chain link 2 or higher.) So I have decided to hunt Houndoom now. He has always been a favourite of mine. He looks so cool, and his shiny form is BLUE. Only my favourite color. And I may or may not hunt shiny Male Nidoran in the future simply for sentimental reasons. He was my first ever shiny not counting the Red Gyarados. My Silver file has been erased since then however. So anyway, Houndoom. The hunt is on for one of my favourite pokemon, in one of my favourite colours.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Just had to vent some stuff off topic XD smogon is full of !$@# every team is the same thing SAME THING and godforbid you make a RMT with oriningal pokes they then will close ur thread and tell u " infernape and gayrados could kill ur entire tema if u sat there and let them power up for ten turns before actualy starting NOT TO MENTION that weevile can choiceband kill ur entire team with 3 diffrent moves even tho what i just said makes no sense becuz if weevile is using choiceband he can only use one move but even so theres no possible you could win against these 3 pokemon becuz they can kill ur whole team if u dont attack for the first five turns " -.- smogon is full of it and half the reason half the threads are "future" team is becuz the smogon battle crizap isnt up i doubt almost none of them actualy sit down long enuf to get one of those pokes battle ready let alone the whole team ( unless they just hack ivs ) . also I doubt any of them have had a real battle becuz even tho they are using their standards in their "unique" standardish ways if they had a real battle they would realize that the non garchomps ,ttars , blisseys , infernapes , gayardos and well basicly the entire list of legendaries can be beaten by the so called "weak" pokemno that unique RMT threads get shut down for having in their team . its pathetic really , its not competitive batle is cookie cutter copyand paste battle . anyone ever wonder why the pokemon contest at the 10 ani was full of the same loser crap legendary teams ? its becuz people have no brain power to make their own teams instead of cookie cuttering the "standards " which is why i was rooting for the guy who made it to the semi finals using only regular pokemon and next time a compition like that comes around im sure as heck going to be entering to just beat down every real noob out there with the same smogon cookie cutter teams and yes I called them noobs becuz the smogon teams are made to fight smogon teams and if a real battler took the time out to battle them i would go so far as to say 8 out 10 times smogoners would lose using their standards .

on the shiny note , i hunted for eevee and marill a bit but quickly stoped and got back to working on my team for the tower still hoping to hatch a shiny .

What exactly is the difference between a "real" team and a "standard" team? If you don't want to fight against Garchomp, Blissey, Weavile, etc. all the time, go play NU or UU or something. Granted, there are still "UU Standards" and "NU Standards" at least they're not as bad the Pokemon you've seen so many times. As for that JAA, the people play Pokemon TO WIN. Because of that, people will use what ever means necessary to make their chances of winning greater. If that means using a team of all ubers (of course, I'd make the team as cohesive as possible) while everyone else just used "regulars" like Grumpig and Noctowl, then by all means, they're going to do it.

I don't have much time, but to make a long story short, I got a shiny Drifloon during the midday. It has a Jolly nature, and I've already evolved it into a Drifblim. Good luck, everyone.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
congrats Fufu on the shiny Drifloon! as for me, I'm still SRing my life away looking for Charmander on FR. i can kinda feel it coming soon i just know it! wish me luck! GL to everyone else on their hunts! *specially you shinyGEO...i hope you get rotom soon!*

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
What exactly is the difference between a "real" team and a "standard" team? If you don't want to fight against Garchomp, Blissey, Weavile, etc. all the time, go play NU or UU or something. Granted, there are still "UU Standards" and "NU Standards" at least they're not as bad the Pokemon you've seen so many times. As for that JAA, the people play Pokemon TO WIN. Because of that, people will use what ever means necessary to make their chances of winning greater. If that means using a team of all ubers (of course, I'd make the team as cohesive as possible) while everyone else just used "regulars" like Grumpig and Noctowl, then by all means, they're going to do it.

I don't have much time, but to make a long story short, I got a shiny Drifloon during the midday. It has a Jolly nature, and I've already evolved it into a Drifblim. Good luck, everyone.

diffrence between a real team and cookie cutter team is the diffrence from 493 pokemon and 12 pokemon . you and anyone else can use any team they want the game just gets stale and boring and not worth the 30 bucks I paid for it when everyone is using the same ten pokemon over and over . it the same why I stoped playing yu-gi-oh there are hundreds of cards and combinations but everyone is using the same "standard" deck . for that crap they should have sold everyone the same deck and have everyone go at it . and "easier" to win my buttmonkey noone does any real work they go for the simple easy strats that work only becuz they are facing other same cookie cutter teams . seriously if you ever looked at a rmt on smogon its basicly the same exact pokemon (i think maybe 12 diffrent ones at the most) just placed in diffrent order . same exact evs , same exact moves , same exact natures seriously they shouldnt even bother posting their team becuz its the same team as the previous 5 rmts and i dont know why the "team raters" even bother rating the damn things becuz all they end up doing is having the same tired conversations on the same exact pokemon on the same exact teams . no oringinality . personaly imo I want people like you and smogoners to keep using the same teams just makes it that much easier to beat you . you can keep calling me the noob but thats ok im use to people who lose thinking they are superior and calling me a noob for being oringinal and winning .

Years
Hi everyone here at the shinyhuntersclub!
Can I join this club?
But I dont have a nintendo ds so im gonna hunt on my sapphire.
I hope that isnt a problem. :s
I havent caught any shiny yet but i saw a shiny poochyena and it
was so cool. :)
See ya! :)

uhh this is awkward it seems im already member but thats from a while ago
my name wasnt in the list in the first topic so I tought...
Old members are always welcome! And Aaryn probably hasn't been around since you were last. ;) We're lucky to have an up-to-date list of owners. .__.

Read. (Yes, it's a forum link, but it's addressing a subject specifically related to those forums. Staff, I will remove this link if requested.)

Surgo concedes that the Standard/Counter-style team construction doesn't work in D/P as it did in Advance, so if anyone is picking apart your team based on what it doesn't counter, then they are the n00bs in the wrong. :) As far as tiers go, they are an unfortunate fact of Pokémon. Some pokes are simply stronger than others and there's nothing, between equally skilled battlers/trainers, that you can do about it. In D/P, there's quite a huge pool of OUs and viable BLs that you have to pick from, so there shouldn't be any problems putting together a team of favourites backed by a viable tactic.

Why is everyone getting their shinies before meeeeee? T.T I'm now at 9809 Dialgas and nothing. I can't try the Pokéradar or anything else until I get this thing unless I risk DS's black-out method. I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong, like maybe Synchronize is stopping me from getting a shiny.

Last edited:

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Don't worry MM, your Dialga will come. I don't SH legendaries anymore, though. No luck with Houndoom yet. I have managed to chain together 13 of them (Darn Girafarig jumped right out infront of me), but nothing. It will come, I know it! Then I'm gonna use the Radar to aquire the rest of my shiny team.

Edit: RESULT! Shiny Houndoom is mine, baby! The funny thing was, I was only at Chain Link 7, and I never noticed the grass shine until I was in. Regardless, Houndooms at Lv23 tend to use Roar a lot, so I never took any chances, and lobbed a Master Ball at it. It's Female, Calm nature. It's best IVs are in Speed, with 29. And it also has decent IVs in Defence and Sp. Atk. However it's HP and SP. Def IVs are rather low at 8 & 9 respectively. Pics as soon as I can find a camera.

Edit 2: I'm now off to hunt shiny Slowpoke, for two reasons. 1) It's a great tank, and counter against the Overused Garchomp. 2) Just before I got Lapras I hunted it relentlessly for at least 2 weeks, so I feel that I'm owed one. And with the Pokeradar, this time I have the edge. I'm coming, shiny Slowpoke. But first I have to EV train Houndoom...

Last edited:

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Lol huge congrats to Fufu on the shiny drifloon!! Lol now you can finally move on until Dialga at least :p Heh speaking of which last week I finally made it there, so now I'm on the fifth day of SRing for Dialga, about 2640 SRs for it roughly over 22hours so far. I'll continue hunting it today and also get back to Sring for chimchar. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
*shoots palkia dead and uses pheonix down and shoots again * -.- why WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY why why why congrats BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY -.-

Colby

Let's Go
Years
hey all i made my own wifi forums and would love for all this club to come there we only have 8 people so if you want to invitea friend thats fine i would make a topic and forum just for this club and whoever is the leader of this one could be the leader of that one i would make it to where they had to join a group to get to the club its up to yall
the link: http://nintendodswificenter.freeforums.org/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2010
Can I join the shiny hunter's club please
I have a shiny Azumarill which I caught as a Marill and a shiny banette which I caught as a shuppet, I know it's not much but I would love to join

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
*shoots palkia dead and uses pheonix down and shoots again * -.- why WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY why why why congrats BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY -.-

LOL! Shido, I knew you'd want to kill me for beating you to your main target, but let's see what she has to say about it: *Houndoom used Dark Pulse* *Shido fainted.* Anyway here's the piccie.

Not the best quality but at least you can see it. Dang screen protector!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
congrats on the Houndoom, DP! that's a nice pic [even though its kinda outta focus XD]. as for me, i'm in my 7th day of SRing for Charmander....i haven't been counting how many SRs, but every night i've been up till 2:00 AM hunting and it hasn't turned up yet, so i guess it's back to the hunt for me. wish me luck! GL to all!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
PokeCommunity is a sad, sad place. So slow, so much downtime, and some of the people, too.

I won't even really post unless I have a new shiny. Therefore, abiding by that rule:

Shiny Larvitar Screen 1
Shiny Larvitar Screen 2 (so a certain someone won't complain. >: |

I've been trying to get this one for a while now. Certainly not as long as elusive Charmander or Magnemite, but for about a week. I got it last/night this morning. I was using the Radar, obviously.
I wasn't intentionally going after this Pokemon until I ran across it catching Phanpies. Then I thought "omg" and then started chaining them. After many chains broken, I finally got it.

But it's a piece of crap. Why do I ALWAYS get crappy shinies?

I traded it to Pearl and Rare Candied it to see what it's stats and IVs are (no save then trade Lar back), and....

Shiny Tyranitar @ Lv. 100
Nature:
HP: 320
Attack: 278
Defense: 203
Sp. Attack: 206
Sp. Defense: 248
Speed: 152

IVs
HP: 10
Attack: 05
Defense: 01
Speed: 25
Sp. Attack: 11
Sp. Def: 21

*sigh* And here I thought I had a titan to go on my shiny team, my only team... It'll still be on it, but .... really... those IVs are .... :(

I'm gonna have to figure out what to do with it. I wanted to post it's stats elsewhere and get a moveset and EV thing, but even this has me puzzled. I wanted to use it in a battle against my friend, but I think I'm just going to focus on my Totodile right now. He's sure to use his shiny rayquaza, so I want to hit it with a 130 (degree) Avalanche. :P

Well, I'm gonna head back out now... congrats everyone. I've been watching MetalMario's success through MSN. LOL yeah that does seem a little scary but man it reminds me of my Charmander search. I say he'll get Dialga around 10, 200. :) If not, 12,000.

Oh, yeah, and I also had my "vibe" when I started that Larvitar chain, and when it came up, I used like 30 max repels and only had 16 in the chain.

Targets:
FR1: On Hold
FR2: On Hold, may go for Drowzee or somethin I dunno.
LG: Charmander
Emerald: Magnemite, (On Hold. Please keep waiting while our operator redirects you.)
Ruby: On Hold
Sapphire: on Hold
Diamond: Budew/Roselia's next.
Pearl: On hold.

I'd like to add a little bit more to the Larvitar thing. I had bought some Abras in the same method as SRing on FR1 to find an Adamant Synchro one. I leveled it up and got it to Diamond as an Alakazam. I thought it might give me a chance of getting an Adamant shiny Larvitar, but it didn't work. However, I got a Modest Abra Synchro earlier, I'm just waiting for my 24 hour period to conclude. Then I will start my search for a shiny Budew or Roselia. Whiever. Cuz I'm a big fan of Roserade (possibly the only grass type I'm real serious about using), and it on my team would take away alot of it's primary weaknesses, such as Ground.

I know I can do it. I can do anything now. That's what I wanted to prove with Larvitar. And I got it (even though it's really, really bad...).
Hopefully my next shiny won't suck so bad in the stats department.
-DeeDeeDee

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Congrats on Larvy, DDD. Sorry to hear about its stats though. What you could've done was kept the Radar chain going for a bit longer which would have increased your chances of finding a better one. But seriously. Give it some EVs. Bad IVs don't bring down his Atk THAT low. Even with sucky IVs it's Atk can go well into the 300s. Raise it right. (Try the Trophy Garden. 2 Atk EVs for evety Kricketune.) As for a moveset, try this:

Tyranitar@Choice Band OR Leftovers
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Crunch/Payback
Ice Fang
Earthquake

As for me, Houndoom is now fully EV trained, so my Slowpoke hunt has officially begun.

Back