• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
That's impossible! You can only do a maximum soft resets for Charmander in a minute, and to go from 500 to 2000 would take at least 750 (12 and half hours) of uninterrupted soft resetting. Your estimates are WAY off.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
I've been using FR,LG, and Pearl(eggs) to do it...I have more than 1 GBA and a DS.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Well since my swarm was electrike today. I decide to take a break from Spiritomb Sring and go for it since I like electrike and manectric's colors.

DVC00252-1.jpg

After about an hour of Resetting the radar at a chain of 40, finally a shiny patch appeared. Went in to see the cool blue electrike :)
Sent out Bibarel, it got paralyzed
So after sleeping it and bringing its health down to yellow with Super fang, threw a Luxury ball, but it broke out. Threw one more and it was caught! Nicknamed it "BlackSpark" Caught shiny #40 Sigh lol unfortunately that broke my chain. I was ready to try and get more but the shiny one broke my chain at 41 X___X. More pics:
ShinyDex!!
Caught in Luxurious style
Lax nature, Timid abra failed
STATS!! Argh Lightning Rod is garbage

Lol Yeah sync failed me again, Lax is pretty much useless on manectric, least its not a hinderence. ALso got lightning rod instead the superior Static, damn... Lol once I level it up and evolve it I can get accurate IVS, which I have no doubt will be garbage lo. Oh well its still cool. Gonna get back to Spiritomb Sring, chaining was a fun detour for now. Wish I could get a dunsparce swarm. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Sorry if the pics are a bit blurry but I was eating pizza with one hand and use the other to take a pic xD lol.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
Nice! Any plans on evolving it? Manectric is awesome shiny.
By the way, something I always meant to try, and never got the chance is to chain and use Sweet Scent. You think it would change anything?

Chaos~Order

target selected: shiny Lapras
Years
*ahem* i wanna keep this short n sweet. this is Tha Pkmn Prodigy [TPP]..i just created a new name/profile. i'm still me, so..yeah thats about it. just so you all know who this is lol

onto shiny business..congrats on the shiny electrike D_S! i still havent resumed my Lapras hunt [im just so lazy..i'll get to it eventually XD]..but i'm sure i'll get to it later. wish me luck! GL to all those on their hunts!

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
Uh...you might want to have got a name change. Dupe accounts aren't allowed.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Well I finally got a chain of 40 Shinx and you want to know what? As soon as I started to reset the radar it breaks for no reason at all. *sighs* Congradulations on your catches guys. Dark Steelix Lv X, I know how you feel, mine ended up with Lightning Rod, too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Dawn Fan Boy: Your claims are quite suspicious, I want solid proof of them, because as DS said, 32 SR's for Spiritomb, two safari mons which are quite hard to get without them running off in the first place AND now Giratina after 77 SR's. First of all its quite a feat to be able to get 3 different shinys in three different games in one day, and I suppose its just a coincidence that 1 of the DS was looking for and the other one he caught not too long ago, sounds like a pkmaster case to me.

Like I said, I'd like pictures/solid proof of the legitimacy of them or I may have to reconsider your placement in the club.

Congrats on the Elektrike DS, I'd be torn deciding whether to evolve it or not as they both look kick ass. Congrats to Fufu and Jake too.

Well, I'm catching Ditto's in hope of getting a perfect IV's for a Hippopotas, which is a very long winded process, if I get a decent swarm I'll attempt chaining for it.

Good luck all.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I've been using FR,LG, and Pearl(eggs) to do it...I have more than 1 GBA and a DS.

Okay, let's say you were soft resetting on two of them at the same time. That's still *only* four soft resets maximum, which means you would need to soft reset for 375 minutes (about 6 hours and 15 minutes). And I know you that you can't hatch for eggs fast enough to reduce that time to only about three hours.

Last edited:

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
I've been doing it since yesterday and today. All together it would be atleast 2000.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Guess who found his Pearl version?

I'll be resuming my hunt for Turtwig. I don't even know how long I've been soft resetting for it, but it's about time I get a bit more serious.

Edit: Oh, yeah, congrats, D_S. I dunno when I'll start hunting for Electrike, but I'll probably breed for my own...I've also begun contemplating breeding for a shiny Cyndaquil and soft resetting for a Chikorita instead of Regirock on my Emerald. What does everyone else think?

I also began to soft reset for Mesprit. Only thing left to do is...

*looks at Pokemon Ranger and shudders*

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Congrats on the Electrike D_S. When I'm done with Gira I'll go for it when the swarm comes. I'll gladly race you for Mewtwo, but you better not win this time. Lunatone and Solrock you got lucky, this time it's mine. Then someday we can go for Onix.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Hey, remember when I said I'd started hunting for shiny Eevee yesterday? Well GUESS WHAT I'VE GOT!

Quick or what? I didn't believe it myself until I'd stared at the screen for a few seconds. My Articuno still holds the record for "Quickest shiny caught by me without the PokeRadar" however.

Anyway here's his IVs:

Eevee Lv25
Relaxed
HP - 3
Atk - 3
Def - 1
Sp. Atk - 27
Sp. Def - 3
Spd - 11

Not so good overall, but his SAtk is rather high. If he wasn't Relaxed he would work as a Jolteon, but he'll be a Glaceon or Vaporeon. More on this at a later date.

BTW my dad's camera is full so I really have no idea when my pics will be in.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
When I say so.. Boom. Fufu you dun talk to me anymore. That's why you dun have good luck. 8D *shot*

Still nothing new for me, but my friend got a shiny Misdreavus... I might be aiming for one soon too. ^v^

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
PMs aren't going through right now. I dunno why.

Yeah, I decided to soft reset for a shiny Totodile on Emerald2 instead...not that I really hunt on that game much, anyways. MM, you wouldn't happen to have the amount of time it takes to do a soft reset for Torchic on Emerald, would you? ;)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Bah, they work for me. >D

Good luck on Treecko. I'm sure it takes about 30 seconds or so. I'll try for you if you want. |D

Hmm what's something easy to get? The only swarm I like left.. Uhh nothing. Drowzee is cool, but does anyone know of a dry place in chain on route 215? My friend saids it stopped raining for her but meh, rains every freaking day.. >> Buneary and Wurmple get in the way of Misdreavus now. I'd like Kricketune too but Trophy Garden fails me. Could try other places but meh. Back to the drawing board for me I suppose. Soft resetting is boring meh, so I need to find an easy target. *coughsuggestionsplzcough*

Back