• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Hi all,

Just a minor update, i fished a shiny poliwhirl. I am gonna start MMing dratini from a dratini i got on wondertrade. I need to get back into proper hunting.

I have a question, what is the standard weighting, because i know that certain different ways of obtaining shinies have different weightings but i dont know what the weightings are. I have (sort of) completed the monthly hunt because both seadra and poliwhirl are available in pearl (routes 226 and 228 respectively i think).

Nice job on the druddigon and any shinies i may have missed. Shiny druddigon looks awesome! I wish i had friend safari pokemon that look cool like druddigon...

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2016
    My safari has some cool pokemon! it is water with poliwhirl krabby and Wartortle! Just tell me if you will add me. FC 0147-0869-1473 :)

By the way congrats on the shiny poliwhirl!
    A good place to get FS's is the FS reddit. Just say you are adding all and you will get many replies.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    NVM! I hatched a shiny, jolly, solar power charmander on my 1006th egg! Finally, after a week and half without giving up!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2016
    Hey I just wanted to say I think my name, DatShinyKid16, is starting to fit me well cause I have 5 new shinnies to share with you. I know I just got a shiny about 2 days ago but what the heck.
    Firstly, I got a shiny druddigon after about a hour and a half of hunting.
    Secondly, I got a shiny a shiny frogadier while finding the first pokemon in a friend safari.
    Thirdly, I got the first Pokemon in the safari. Guess what it was? Biberal. Yes Biberal the evolution of one of the most annoying Pokemon ever.
    Fourthly, I got a Meditite after searching about 20 minutes for 3 days. Then I decided i would re-enter the friend safari and after about 10 encounters I got it.
    Lastly, I got a shiny electabuzz while looking for a shiny dedenne.
    I can't believe the luck I have had in the friend safari lately. A lot of people say that the shiny charm does not affect the Friend safari, but this is a guy saying with a lot of experience that the shiny charm does work with a little bit of luck.
    Another thing I want to say really quick is after 2 more shinnies I will have a box of shinnies I have caught.
    Sorry this has been such a long post, I was so happy I had to say a lot.
    This is DatShinyKid16 signing-out and saying "Shiny Hunt Always"

Years
  • Congrats on all the new shinies everyone.

Nothing new to report on my end, other than I might start breeding for gastly soon and give up on lotad:/

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2014
    Hey guys, sorry i've been gone so long but my family has been driving cross country moving so i havent had access to my computer. this is on my phone. i have some unfortunate news. i was checking out a new friend safari, when no more than 3 encounters in, i found... a goshdarn... shiny kakuna... :( well it's a good nature - impish... how do i upload pics on my phone to this or do i must use a computer

EDIT: does anyone know the exact shiny rate for mesuda msthod?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    Hey guys! Today I just found a random shiny Psyduck while I was surfing to get the TM Earthquake! I was not expecting it all! xD

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Shiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found a shiny Noctowl this morning (at 5:12 AM, "lol") while in the Winding Woods!! I've been breeding some competitive Pokemon lately, and from time to time I'd go there to raise some level 1 Pokemon up to 20 or so so that they would'nt forget their egg moves while in Day Care. Finding a shiny Noctowl was awesome!!! Now I've matched Ash, "lol!"

Congrats on all the recent shinies and welcome to new members!!

The July Monthly Quest!!

Happy July! This is the month of Tanabata, so make a wish!

To complete the quest, you must catch two shinies capable of learning the move Wish or Healing Wish! Standard weighting applies.

what is the standard weighting

You can kind of think of it like a point system, where you need 12 points to complete a monthly quest. Any sixth-gen shiny (regular or Masuda) counts as 3 points, any earlier-gen shiny (regular or Masuda) counts as 6 points, and any shiny caught with the shiny charm in GenVI is 1 point and GenV shiny charms are 2 points.

If that sounds too complicated, just feel free to ask me! And this system really only counts for the quests - it doesn't apply to any other hunting!

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on August 2nd, 2014.

Good luck and have fun!

Current Dex Status:

[001] Bulbasaur - Razer302 (February 18th, 2014)
    [004] Charmander - Kirozane (March 25th, 2014) / Kirozane (March 27th, 2014)
    [007] Squirtle - Kirozane (April 3rd, 2014) / Champion Lunis (May 22nd, 2014)
    [010] Caterpie -

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    I am looking for a shiny gengar, hunter, gastly. I will trade shiny geneset or shiny mew for a it !!! i have more shinys to trade.

Friend code 4871 5265 4405

Years
  • I had to pause my current chaining cos it's a good swarm day. And this is what I got today, in the morning.
    Great way to start the day! :D
    Pokemon Platinum, current chain: 45

electrike.gif
    electrike.gif
    electrike.gif
    electrike.gif
    electrike.gif

Shiny Electrike, 5 of them for now, so awesome, my second long shiny chain, first being Poochyena. And Yeah I am milking this chain, a lot lol

uoneko

space princess
    Years
  • hi everyone, i'm new to this thread
    i've caught and bred just over 300 shinies at this point, so i thought this thread would be fitting.
    i'm currently trying to hunt all of the mega evolutions in their shiny forms right now.

themoonone said:
    I am looking for a shiny gengar, hunter, gastly. I will trade shiny geneset or shiny mew for a it !!! i have more shinys to trade.

Friend code 4871 5265 4405

i have a shiny gastly if you'd like. i would love the shiny mew for it if it's not too much [i wouldn't ask if you weren't offering]

Back