• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

magolor

hsssah!
Years
  • Yeah, sorry for the confusion. But we made rules for the Quests at the beginning of the year, and it would be unfair to change them now when people have already been hunting for eight months under a certain set of rules.

No no no, it's totally fine! No need to be sorry- I should have caught that.
    To be honest- shiny hunting has kind of lost its... shine (no pun intended) when the Pokemon sparkle so easily through the safari, so I'm thrilled to try something a little more challenging. However... this may seem little silly- I've never actually caught a shiny that wasn't either chained or found in the safari.

XY was the first game I purposefully shiny hunted in, so I don't have that much experience with other methods.

Do you have any tips or tricks for someone trying to RE or MM a shiny for the first time?
    (And as a final point, are horde Pokemon still allowed? )

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Congrats on all the new shinies!

This week's random hunt is... Druddigon!

If anyone's wondering why my posts have been so short lately, it's because I stopped playing Pokémon again. I just don't have the interest I once had. I don't plan on buying any more games, but I will play my old games once in awhile, and I will continue to post the weekly hunt. A big reason is mega evolution. I find it to be a big turnoff.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Oh, ok. I am still happy with the shinys. So If they weren't in the friend safari or chained fish, do I need one if I dont have an increased chance of shinys or shiny charm or do I need 2? Just trying to make sure I understand the weighing for the next time. On a side note I caught a Braxein! Trying to catch another one then go back to hord encountering Zubat.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Hey guys! Just letting you know I haven't given up yet on my MM shiny Mareep. I'm 30 boxes, 900 eggs, in and still nothing. I guess I could have bred a lot more since my last post, I got bored for a while and took a break but I'm back in it now! Hopefully I get it soon, I LOVE SHINY MAREEP!! :D

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 17171 Mt. Pyre REs
    1761 Froakie
    1671 REs outside Victory Road

Shiny Heatmor looks cool, so I've started encountering outside Victory Road in Black.

No no no, it's totally fine! No need to be sorry- I should have caught that.
    To be honest- shiny hunting has kind of lost its... shine (no pun intended) when the Pokemon sparkle so easily through the safari, so I'm thrilled to try something a little more challenging. However... this may seem little silly- I've never actually caught a shiny that wasn't either chained or found in the safari.

XY was the first game I purposefully shiny hunted in, so I don't have that much experience with other methods.

Do you have any tips or tricks for someone trying to RE or MM a shiny for the first time?
    (And as a final point, are horde Pokemon still allowed? )

The Abenzio video posted by Spritingyoshi22 on the previous page is probably the best possible example you could have of why you should hunt, haha. (Seriously, 25,000+ encounters over 8 months? Talk about rewarding after a long hunt!) The harder the challenge is, the more rewarding it'll be when you finally complete it! Just imagine that that's how you'll be when you finally get that awesome shiny, and never give up!

*continues searching in Mt. Pyre while posting*

Also, you might want to start out by picking your favorite Pokemon/coolest looking shiny! What are you thinking of going for?

And yes, horde Pokemon are allowed! They come at the regular 1/4096 chance, so they're pretty much the same as REing, just with more at a time!

Good luck on your first hunt and I'm sure you'll become a great shiny hunter!! :pink_nod:

Congrats on all the new shinies!

If anyone's wondering why my posts have been so short lately, it's because I stopped playing Pokémon again. I just don't have the interest I once had. I don't plan on buying any more games, but I will play my old games once in awhile, and I will continue to post the weekly hunt. A big reason is mega evolution. I find it to be a big turnoff.

It happens to the best of us, Latios Master. Every once in a while shiny hunting starts to feel less fun, and (for me at least), sometimes it's best to take a break for a while. Whenever I do, hunting's always a lot more fun when I come back, and the luck is usually much better, too! Hope you can have a lot of fun again when you get back to playing in the future!

Oh, ok. I am still happy with the shinys. So If they weren't in the friend safari or chained fish, do I need one if I dont have an increased chance of shinys or shiny charm or do I need 2? Just trying to make sure I understand the weighing for the next time. On a side note I caught a Braxein! Trying to catch another one then go back to hord encountering Zubat.

You would need 2 non-Safari and non-fished shinies if hunting on X or Y without the Shiny Charm, or 6 if you had the Charm. We'll change this next month if everyone is okay with that.

Hey guys! Just letting you know I haven't given up yet on my MM shiny Mareep. I'm 30 boxes, 900 eggs, in and still nothing. I guess I could have bred a lot more since my last post, I got bored for a while and took a break but I'm back in it now! Hopefully I get it soon, I LOVE SHINY MAREEP!! :D

Good luck on that Mareep hunt, James901! Keep at it and I'm sure you'll find it soon! :)

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Good luck on your first hunt and I'm sure you'll become a great shiny hunter!! :pink_nod:

Thanks! I'm nearing 1000 REs on my hunt for either shiny Wingull or shiny Taillow on Route 8.
    Even though this is a lot more challenging, the effort put into it really is a lot more fun!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    hi everyone, thanks for the congrats.
    congrats on all new catches and welcome to all new members.

I...I...the...
    SHINY CHIMCHAR!!!!

This is getting absolutely insane. I restarted Platinum after trading my Piplup to SS (yay for walking with shinies!), and Chimchar #396 is shiny!!! It appears as if my luck is regressing to a mean of a shiny per Pokemon, haha. I was expecting my hunts to start taking longer, but they're actually getting in shinies in the 3 digits now. "lol"

I also noticed a few things when hunting in X/Y:

1) You no longer need to hit Select when SRing!!! Start, L, and R will do it now. It only took me 210 Froakie SRs to realize this, haha. It makes SRing a bit easier.

2) You can change the language when going for shiny starters!! Not only does this make the opening conversation bearable, but it actually makes SRing somewhat enjoyable when you can learn some words in other languages, haha. :pink_laugh:

3) The Pumpkaboo size differences are really noticeable!! I didn't even know there where differences when I first played through, but when REing, you can really tell when you're being attacked by giant Pumpkaboo, "lol."

I hope I didn't use up all of my luck before my upcoming Ruby Ghost Quest, haha. I only get one shot at that, or I'll have to wait another week before REing there again!

*realizes he's permanently forfeited all rights ever to complain about shinies...ever*

Thanks! Congrats on completing the Monthly Quest, Chr. Draco! Those are two awesome shinies right there.

How's the SRing on Black 2? I'll probably go for the Unova starters eventually, and I'm glad to see someone get one of them by SRing. I definitely prefer SRing to breeding, so you've just given me hope that the long conversations at the beginning of 5th gen games are doable!

congrats on your catches G and sorry for the delay, been busy lately. Thanks. 1)its good you can no longer need to press select and start at the same time in the 3 ds and that may be because those buttons were located together at the right side in ds and pressing both at the same time was like pressing only one button back then. 2)never tried that, can you still change the language after starting the game? 3)I always tought it was the zoom when you encounter a pokemon and didn't pay attention to that, I will look more closely next time I battle pumpkaboos.

the sr in black2/White2 takes like 1:30 to 2 minutes aproximately, not much compared to xy intro or when hunting for shiny roamers that can take around 5 minutes per sr (maybe more depending on the roamers mood).

Congrats on all the new shinies!

Sorry to hear that. Hope your shiny inspiration comes back soon. everyone needs a break from time to time. It's good to have you here and thank you for all the weekly hunts.

Speaking of ORAS, I expect legendaries to be able to be caught shiny. hope they allows us to hunt them.

Cya later everyone and happy hunting.

G-Money

Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I'd like to join.

The current shinies I have are my shiny staraptor (was a staravia), shiny beldum, Shiny nidoran female, and shiny mankey. The last 3 I hatched recently. The staraptor was a wild encounter in my platinum version, but trained it up in Black 2.
    Right now I'm looking for a shiny noibat and shiny charmander/charmeleon.

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Welcome to our club, Venitardus! Those are some really wonderful shinies- I'm looking forward to seeing more from you! May you find all the sparkles you seek!
    Still no luck with Wingull or Taillow- I'm currently at 1520+ REs on Route 8. I guess the distraction of the new SSB 3Ds demo hasn't helped- I played it 'til my thumbs were sore! :pink_giggle:

Congrats on that shiny Duskull, G-Money! I'm sure it was worth the wait!

Happy hunting! :15:

G-Money

Years
  • SHINY HEATMOR!!!!

I found it outside of Victory Road in Black, on encounter #7686. Between Heatmor and Duskull, I've been pretty lucky with getting the shiny I wanted, especially given all the other Pokemon possibly found there.

I've moved to Pinwheel Forest now in Black. Heatmor's my fifth shiny on the game in 29022 encounters, which isn't bad at all. *loves how B/W/B2/W2 count encounters for you*

I realize that my shiny luck has been ridiculous lately, and I'd sure be incredulous if I hadn't seen the shinies myself, haha. So I got around to taking pictures of my most recent ones, with the exception of Charmander and Chikorita, as I've started SRing for Rotom at night on Diamond. Squirtle, Piplup, and Mankey were moved to SS so I could restart Platinum and FR.

Spoiler:

I'd like to join.

The current shinies I have are my shiny staraptor (was a staravia), shiny beldum, Shiny nidoran female, and shiny mankey. The last 3 I hatched recently. The staraptor was a wild encounter in my platinum version, but trained it up in Black 2.
    Right now I'm looking for a shiny noibat and shiny charmander/charmeleon.

Welcome to the SHC, Venitardus! Congrats on those shinies and good luck with Noibat and Charmander!

Congrats on that shiny Duskull, G-Money! I'm sure it was worth the wait!

Happy hunting! :15:

Thanks; it sure was! Way to go getting a SSB demo - I heard the game's going to be amazing!

By the way, what are the Pokemon listed in your signature?

Last edited:

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • By the way, what are the Pokemon listed in your signature?

Congrats on that Heatmor!

Oh, those are just my current shinies, whether traded for, won, or caught myself. :2:

Spoiler:

G-Money

Years
  • "lol"

SHINY Sewaddle!!!!

Well, I wasn't expecting another one so soon! My Pinwheel Forest hunt ended up being quite short, with a Shiny Sewaddle on encounter #1542! I used Hypnosis to put it to sleep, and then got it on the first Luxury Ball with a Critical Capture! Pretty cool to get a shiny on a critical capture.

It has an Impish nature, and Heatmor has a Jolly one. I also got Heatmor in a Luxury Ball, although that one took five, haha.

I think my next Unova hunt might be for Stunfisk. There's another cool-looking shiny.

Spoiler:

With all of these shinies recently, I guess you could say...

Spoiler:

6772 Route 116 REs
    2661 Froakie
    651 Rotom

Congrats on that Heatmor!

Oh, those are just my current shinies, whether traded for, won, or caught myself. :2:

Spoiler:

Oh wow, that's a lot! Congrats - don't know if I've seen people win shinies through contests/giveaways before!

EDIT: After 1 shiny, 30457 encounters, and a short 513 hours of running Ruby, the Ghosts of Hoenn Hunt: Part II has concluded. Tune in next time for the hunting of Sableye and Nincada! The Route 116 hunt stands at 8192 encounters and will be resumed following an indefinite hiatus.

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • 42 boxes, 1260 eggs in and still no shiny Mareep :( Pretty bummed out but I'm not giving up. Things are moving a lot slower than they used to, very busy cause of school so I don't have much time anymore. I'll update again after I breed a decent amount of eggs.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    So I am still alive, if only minorly. I took up a little challenge of finding a shiny on every possible area via horde encounter (Including the two seperate sets of hordes in Victory Road) and COMPLETED said challenge. I can post pictures of them all if requested.

I also bred a few shinies like FINALLY ending my Hawlucha after thousands of eggs.... I also hatched a Numel and an Amaura. So things have been going pretty decently for me I'd say.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Okay so I'm 46 boxes and 1380 eggs in, still no shiny, and I'm thinking about giving up. (Even though I don't want to) Just looking for some kind words of encouragment and motivation to keep me going and push me to not stop until I get my Mareep. :p

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I wanna join and i have many shinies just cant list them all at the moment at a later date i will probably soon since im on daily im currently shiny hunting but less than usual ;)

Btw i have a shiny druddigon and almost all unova shinies ;)

Back