• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
Years
  • Huge congrats! Definitely a future target of mine, Liepard is so pretty.

I always hunt sat at my computer (so I can film while keeping my phone on charge and having youtube for entertainment), so I just keep the windows calculator up and do 1 + 1 and keep pressing the = button every time I do an encounter.

I used my powersave to check her stats though and ended up disappointed. Her max IV is in a stat she doesn't need, she has a decent stat for her primary stat but her nature has it nerfed anyway and all the others are somewhat pitiful. I might send her over to my Omega Ruby and just keep her for those beauty contest things hehe.

I'm way too scattered to keep track of all the various calculations though xD I kept track of my Audino eggs by updating my status message in game with the range of which ones I was hatching (using a capital o for zeros or a lower case l for ones because it wouldn't let me enter 6 numbers). I've since lost those messages though so I don't know exactly what egg I stopped at.

Good news is though, I held onto 12 really good/perfect female audinos in case I got a powersave one day (checked them by hatching them without saving, taking them to the stats judge, recording their max IVs and then resetting to mark them on the eggs). Got a powersave for my birthday so now I have my perfect, TSV hatched Audino named "Echo" (Draining Kiss egg move, Echoed Voice, Hyper Voice, and Dazzling Gleam).

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~
    Echo
    Took over 500 MM eggs and a TSV hatch to get, but she's got flawless IVs and I love her anyway <3

Years
  • I used my powersave to check her stats though and ended up disappointed. Her max IV is in a stat she doesn't need, she has a decent stat for her primary stat but her nature has it nerfed anyway and all the others are somewhat pitiful. I might send her over to my Omega Ruby and just keep her for those beauty contest things hehe.

I'm way too scattered to keep track of all the various calculations though xD I kept track of my Audino eggs by updating my status message in game with the range of which ones I was hatching (using a capital o for zeros or a lower case l for ones because it wouldn't let me enter 6 numbers). I've since lost those messages though so I don't know exactly what egg I stopped at.

Good news is though, I held onto 12 really good/perfect female audinos in case I got a powersave one day (checked them by hatching them without saving, taking them to the stats judge, recording their max IVs and then resetting to mark them on the eggs). Got a powersave for my birthday so now I have my perfect, TSV hatched Audino named "Echo" (Draining Kiss egg move, Echoed Voice, Hyper Voice, and Dazzling Gleam).

Echo
    Took over 500 MM eggs and a TSV hatch to get, but she's got flawless IVs and I love her anyway <3

Ah, that's a shame about Selena's stats :( But still a very beautiful shiny if you ask me aha!
    Oh yeah, once I'm finished for the day I just open a word document and type in how far I am with what hunt. As you can imagine, that document is a bit of a mess xD (spoiler tag for big image).
    Spoiler:

I don't really understand TSV much xD but congrats! I think? On the Audino!

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Ah, that's a shame about Selena's stats :( But still a very beautiful shiny if you ask me aha!
    Oh yeah, once I'm finished for the day I just open a word document and type in how far I am with what hunt. As you can imagine, that document is a bit of a mess xD (spoiler tag for big image).
    Spoiler:

I don't really understand TSV much xD but congrats! I think? On the Audino!

And as far as TSVs are concerned, they're a bit like IVs (secret stats). Basically, each of your game file saves as a 4-digit number from 0000 - 9999 (I think they spread like that, not sure maybe 0001-8192?). Any time you encounter a poke or hatch an egg that shares that secret shiny value, it will be shiny. So, if you have a way to look at the secret numbers (such as a power save and the application keysav) on your eggs (and your save file), you can go about locating someone who matches the number on your egg. They hatch it for you, and bam, shiny.

Basically, they're still legit shinies, though since it increases your chances of getting a shiny by however many different TSVs you have access to, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't count for any quests here :)

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023

And as far as TSVs are concerned, they're a bit like IVs (secret stats). Basically, each of your game file saves as a 4-digit number from 0000 - 9999 (I think they spread like that, not sure maybe 0001-8192?). Any time you encounter a poke or hatch an egg that shares that secret shiny value, it will be shiny. So, if you have a way to look at the secret numbers (such as a power save and the application keysav) on your eggs (and your save file), you can go about locating someone who matches the number on your egg. They hatch it for you, and bam, shiny.

Basically, they're still legit shinies, though since it increases your chances of getting a shiny by however many different TSVs you have access to, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't count for any quests here :)

It's 0000-4000 something. I think it was 4096 or something like that. It's part of why 6th gen has a lower(Higher? Let's go with better) shiny rate. SIDs have no influence anymore. It's a matchup of shiny values which is a far narrower spectrum. Once you capture a pokemon or hatch an egg it will get its TSV changed to yours (Like mine is 0467 on my X version) but if it matches before that fact, it will be shiny. It's all I understand. Shiny charm I believe makes your TSV much more prevalent.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Anywho, it seems I have also been blessed by the gods of the hunt...

After 14,674 (and a lovely 26,000 seen since my last shiny), Marley the shiny shaymin appeared<3

Wha... how did you get Shaymin? The Oak's Letter distribution ended ages ago!

I'd love a Shiny Shaymin, but even if I did use codes to access it again, I've never had the patience to SR a Shiny.

I got lucky again today too. I was uncovering all the pokes in the friend safaris I recently opened up thanks to my egg giveaway and encountered
    Selena (because I didn't have time to research so various names for Catwoman came to mind lol)

Congrats! I wouldn't mind having a Shiny Liepard myself. I bred a Shiny Purrloin a while back (only took 16 eggs), but I opted not to evolve him because I like Purrloin just a bit more. I'll definitely have to run around the Friend Safari or breed for another in the future.

- - -

It's not on my list, but I hatched a Shiny Stunky!

I was getting tired of hatching box upon box of Cottonee with nothing to show for it, so I decided to take a break from MMing to Sweet Scent hordes in hope of finding a Shiny Stunky (one of the few horde Shinies I hadn't obtained). After trying most of the day and only getting a second Shiny Nidoran Male (which I evolved into Nidoking, since he had a decent Nature and I didn't evolve my first one), I decided to go back to MMing, but going for Stunky instead of Cottonee (since it was on my mind). Hatched my raspberry-colored skunk after about 33 eggs. :3

I named her Malin, short for Malina (the Polish, and several other languages, word for raspberry). I thought it sounded too feminine with the "a," so I dropped it. I'm pretty sure that I won't be evolving her.

- - -

EDIT: And I just found a Shiny Ariados while leveling her up in AS (my second ORAS Shiny). Not sure what I'll name her yet, but I'm sure I'll figure out something eventually.

Shinies Found: 139
    Currently Owned: 100

Last edited:
    Years

Ooh okay, so.. new-form RNG abuse, in a sense of the word, aha! I'd say the same for it as I do of RNG abuse, it produces legit shinies but isn't a legit hunting method as we know it, since from what I gather you could just take any egg and match it up? If you wanted to, of course. Which is a 100% shiny rate.

It's 0000-4000 something. I think it was 4096 or something like that. It's part of why 6th gen has a lower(Higher? Let's go with better) shiny rate. SIDs have no influence anymore. It's a matchup of shiny values which is a far narrower spectrum. Once you capture a pokemon or hatch an egg it will get its TSV changed to yours (Like mine is 0467 on my X version) but if it matches before that fact, it will be shiny. It's all I understand. Shiny charm I believe makes your TSV much more prevalent.

4096, yeah. That actually makes a lot of sense. Higher shiny rate, yeah. Okay, I think I got it, thanks you two! It's always nice to know the mechanics behind these things.

Wha... how did you get Shaymin? The Oak's Letter distribution ended ages ago!

I'd love a Shiny Shaymin, but even if I did use codes to access it again, I've never had the patience to SR a Shiny.

Yeah, I just used codes to get access to the event. I did the tweak glitch originally, but I got right to the end of the glitch, where shaymin is, and saved in the wrong spot... so I broke my file. I just bought an AR out of anger after that xD
    Congrats on the Stunky.. and Nidoran.. and Ariados!XD

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Ooh okay, so.. new-form RNG abuse, in a sense of the word, aha! I'd say the same for it as I do of RNG abuse, it produces legit shinies but isn't a legit hunting method as we know it, since from what I gather you could just take any egg and match it up? If you wanted to, of course. Which is a 100% shiny rate.

4096, yeah. That actually makes a lot of sense. Higher shiny rate, yeah. Okay, I think I got it, thanks you two! It's always nice to know the mechanics behind these things.

Yeah, I just used codes to get access to the event. I did the tweak glitch originally, but I got right to the end of the glitch, where shaymin is, and saved in the wrong spot... so I broke my file. I just bought an AR out of anger after that xD

No problem, though it's not listed officially as a type of RNG abuse, I saw a really good explanation on that awhile back. Azurecrow on why it doesn't qualify as RNG abuse: "With RNG abuse in previous generations, you could predict precise spreads beforehand by using either RNG Reporter or PPRNG, then use that knowledge to physically control the "random" RNG spreads to your advantage and acquired your desired Pokemon.
    For the TSV/ESV method, the egg data is already generated once you pick them up and check their TSVs, so you're still at the complete mercy of the RNG; you're not manipulating the RNG, just checking hidden data that is already set."

In other words, someone still has to IV breed all these pokemon (in Echo's case, me). I could see it argued as not being a "legit" way of hunting them though, which is why I said I'm pretty sure TSV hatches don't count for the quests here. Also, it's not a guaranteed thing. There's a TSV hatching reddit group and I've yet to see anyone active that matches the perfect IV eevee with his HA that I bred up. I also have a perfect polar scatterbug egg without a matching TSV I'm holding on to (even though I legit MM hatched 2 polar scatterbugs while IV breeding them for others on two separate occasions--both are modest but missing their spa IV). I set up a personal limit. I IV breed MM, then if I don't get my shiny within 500 pokes I'll see if I can't find a matching TSV for some of the perfect eggs. That way I still put a lot of work into them to make the shiny feel rewarding.

Not a legit way of hunting them, I can see. It does make shinies more likely simply by having access to more TSVs and knowing exactly what numbers to look for. But Echo will still hold a prized place in my personal collection as I feel like I earned her (at least as opposed to just having her handed to me in a giveaway).

None of that was meant to be defensive by the way, I just have a tendency to overexplain my points lol.

Anyway, grats everyone on the new shinies! Good luck in your future hunting expeditions and all that! I'm preparing to IV breed up some horsea in love balls soon. Maybe I'll get lucky and have my water starter for our quest. Or maybe I'll get sick of horsea after about 500 eggs and try and find a TSV match and skip credit for the water starter until I try again when breeding up some horsea in dream balls.

Years
  • @Saronai Yeah, that makes sense. Of course I am not being defensive either, olden times me will always have different opinions I feel! CX
    I mean 100% rate as in, if you can find a match you are guaranteed in getting a shiny. So you're still at mercy of the RNG as to what numbers you hit, but any of those, as long as you find a match, will be shiny. Instead of hunting the game's RNG, you're sort of, depending on other people. If you get what I'm saying? I'm bad at describing things xD

I found a shiny nidoran male on my firered after 12,490 REs not yesterday but the day before, so there's phase 2 wrapped up. Onto phase 3!

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • @Saronai Yeah, that makes sense. Of course I am not being defensive either, olden times me will always have different opinions I feel! CX
    I mean 100% rate as in, if you can find a match you are guaranteed in getting a shiny. So you're still at mercy of the RNG as to what numbers you hit, but any of those, as long as you find a match, will be shiny. Instead of hunting the game's RNG, you're sort of, depending on other people. If you get what I'm saying? I'm bad at describing things xD

I found a shiny nidoran male on my firered after 12,490 REs not yesterday but the day before, so there's phase 2 wrapped up. Onto phase 3!

Yup, and apparently, as I'm finding, there's problems with people taking your shiny and never talking to you again after they hatch it for themselves. Or just disappearing without a word before they hatch it. But yeah, considering I might have had to hatch 20k more eggs before getting a perfect audino shiny, your odds are better :D

Grats on your nidoran!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • As much as u get sick of breeding for shinies and i rather trade for them u never know if they are 100% legit and was dissapointed when i found 3 of my fav shinies are hacks which stinks so i did a little breeding which im not great at and found a shiny Poocheyna with moxie! Along with some egg moves i was also breeding some pokemon with some perfect ivs to do so so it may also have good ivs also good the pokemon i used had 5ivs not 100% perfect but close enough and was only missing SpAtk so its pretty perfects now im taking another break!

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
  • Shinies I own, Riolu, Litwick, Beldum and about 4 ditto. I am getting a dragonite from RNC later.

I am hunting everything, lol. no really, everything.

EDIT: I hatched the Riolu myself last night, was my first shiny. was half asleep and missed the actual hatching though, just seen a little yellow dude in my party and freaked out (at least i didn't switch the game off at the sight of a yellow pokemon tho, hahaha)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Yeah, I just used codes to get access to the event. I did the tweak glitch originally, but I got right to the end of the glitch, where shaymin is, and saved in the wrong spot... so I broke my file. I just bought an AR out of anger after that xD

You've inspired me to try for my own Shiny Shaymin. I tried Tweaking Glitch for a while, but I never could get it to work (though I did make the game freeze up once, which is more than I've ever achieved with it). Even after watching several "easy" tutorials, I got frustrated and gave into digging up my old AR. Now I'm at Flower Paradise and SRing like a madman. I'm hoping that it doesn't take anywhere near 14,000 resets. ><

Thanks! xD

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • As much as u get sick of breeding for shinies and i rather trade for them u never know if they are 100% legit and was dissapointed when i found 3 of my fav shinies are hacks which stinks so i did a little breeding which im not great at and found a shiny Poocheyna with moxie! Along with some egg moves i was also breeding some pokemon with some perfect ivs to do so so it may also have good ivs also good the pokemon i used had 5ivs not 100% perfect but close enough and was only missing SpAtk so its pretty perfects now im taking another break!

I know what you mean there. I don't really treasure the ones I get from trade for many reasons. There are a few exceptions, but one of the main reasons is not knowing for sure if they're hacked. Following right along behind that is not being able to give them a special nickname. Then lagging behind but still a factor, they end up not feeling as "earned" as a legit shiny.

I don't mind TSV hatching trades though because you're lucky to get a match in a giveaway anyway, you get to pick the name, and if you personally bred it and had someone else hatch it for you, you know it's legit, and if you get it from a giveaway...well...people who hack shinies generally don't then do all the work involved in creating a giveaway of them as a bunch of eggs...if you can even hack the eggs. I don't know, I steer clear of my powersave's editing functions, no matter how much I want certain eeveelutions in apricorn balls for my own collection lol.

Even then, not as awesome as hatching/catching your own based in the pure luck of the game.

Welcome to the club, Gengarteeth and good luck with your shaymin KKN :)

Edit to add: Oh, and grats on your shiny moxie poochyena too Dedenne!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ooooh good luck KKN! Story time, I actually only picked up my systems to SR shaymin the day I got it because the night before, someone made a comment on tumblr about how happy they were to talk to me. (That sounds so big headed ah >_< their words, not mine!) It really inspired me, so, spreading the inspiration round?XD
    Anywho I hope it is a lot faster for you!

And yeah Saronai, I know what you mean about them feeling earned (as there's literally no other reason anyone would be insane enough to hunt 1/8192). The shinies I get in trades just end up as trade fodder in a separate box.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • I don't think you can hack eggs. It's been a while since I've hacked mons but you do anything (give any item, put in any ball etc) but you can't make it be an egg, thats way beyond my skills if you can.

Yeah, I was pretty sure all the shiny hacks are for once the mon is outside the egg.

Got a TSV match yesterday for one of my perfect polar scatterbugs, so now I have two 4iv MM polars and a perfect TSV match polar. I haven't decided what I'm going to do about that. My instinct is to hoard every shiny I get by chance and keep the perfect one as my active polar.

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
  • Yeah, I was pretty sure all the shiny hacks are for once the mon is outside the egg.

Got a TSV match yesterday for one of my perfect polar scatterbugs, so now I have two 4iv MM polars and a perfect TSV match polar. I haven't decided what I'm going to do about that. My instinct is to hoard every shiny I get by chance and keep the perfect one as my active polar.

yeah, I don't think I could trade any shinies that have my OT on them. I mean I probably could if I didn't particularly like it or had doubles or something and was getting something good in return.
    Not my yellow Riolu though, thats a a keeper.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I had been hunting off and on since the release of Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire for a shiny Zigzagoon or Poochyena. Yesterday evening, I managed to dexnav chain a Zigzagoon after 200+ chains! (I'll post a picture later)

I currently am working on Zorua, though I hadn't realized that it gets Memento as an egg move, which can be obtained in the wild via dexnav. I'm really afraid that I'll find a shiny one with Memento. D:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I had been hunting off and on since the release of Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire for a shiny Zigzagoon or Poochyena. Yesterday evening, I managed to dexnav chain a Zigzagoon after 200+ chains! (I'll post a picture later)

I currently am working on Zorua, though I hadn't realized that it gets Memento as an egg move, which can be obtained in the wild via dexnav. I'm really afraid that I'll find a shiny one with Memento. D:

Carry something with taunt. It should be able to counteract memento. (Grats on the Zigzagoon though~ <3)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Carry something with taunt. It should be able to counteract memento. (Grats on the Zigzagoon though~ <3)
    (Thank you!)
    I hadn't realized Memento was an egg move until it was too late, but a friend helped me out and taught my Mew how to use Taunt because I didn't have the TM. :3

Just earlier today, on the 301st chain, I managed to grab a shiny Zorua! He has a Jolly nature and Counter as an egg/dexnav move. I officially love dexnav for shiny hunting haha. I'm thinking about going for Poochyena next, though I'm not sure. Too many options!

Back