• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
  • Welcome to all the new members, and congrats on all the new shinies!

This week's random hunt is... Venipede! Looks like I've missed a few weeks. Sorry about that.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 2692 Rotom
    Lots of Yamask! I'll check the trainer card when something shines in the Relic Castle!

Congrats on all the new shinies!!

But for future reference, do ORAS and XY Pokemon still count for only a small portion of the quest, in comparison to a Pokemon caught in an earlier game?

Nope! They count as full shinies now!!! The sixth-generation is fully accepted for Official SHC Quests this year!! :laugh:

Years
  • I'm at 23,100 for phase 3 for Jigglypuff. Remember when I asked these phases to stop going over 10k?
    Lol!!

Good luck on everyone else's hunts though ^^

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I've momentarily abandoned my other hunts and have been using RA encounters for shiny Shaymin on my copy of Diamond. I used my Action Replay to access Shaymin's location, and then took it back out. I want to be absolutely, completely sure that the shiny is full odds.
    (In case any of you remember the old Trade Corner moderator, the Shaymin is going to be a gift for tabor62, but I'm keeping a clone of it for myself.)

Good luck with all of your hunts! I'll take a picture when I get my shiy, if I remember to haha.

I've momentarily abandoned my other hunts and have been soft resetting for shiny Shaymin on my copy of Diamond. I used my Action Replay to access Shaymin's location, and then took it back out. I want to be absolutely, completely sure that the shiny is full odds.
    (In case any of you remember the old Trade Corner moderator, the Shaymin is going to be a gift for tabor62, but I'm keeping a clone of it for myself.)

Good luck with all of your hunts! I'll take a picture when I get my shiy, if I remember to haha.

NoMoreStars

Trying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    List all of my Shinies to join eh? Hoo boy, lets get started...

Currently hunting:

Giratina, AS: 1660 SR's
    Mareep, HG: 3770 RE's

Gyrados: Lake of Rage Gyrados, Soul Silver
    Raichu: Game Stop Event
    Watchog: Suprise RE, White
    Haxorus: Nature Sanctuary, White 2
    Dragonair: Story Gift, White 2
    Audino: Suprise RE, White 2
    Carracosta: Trade, White 2
    Drapion: Suprise RE, Y
    Charizard: 17 RE's, Y
    Zoroark: Trade, Y
    Altaria: Suprise RE, Y
    Durant: Suprise RE, Y
    Chesnaugh: 988 Eggs, Y
    Delphox: Trade, Y
    Greninja: 52 Eggs, Y
    Banette: 45 RE's, Y
    Golurk: 1161 RE's, Y
    Pumpkaboo: 1307 RE's, Y
    Totodile: 3340 SR's, HG
    Gardevoir: 611 Eggs, Y
    Electabuzz: 589 RE's, Y
    Vivillon: 148 RE's, Y
    Spiritomb: 26 Eggs, Y
    Gigalith: Trade, Y
    Tyrantrum: Forgot to record how many eggs, Y
    Emboar: 180 Eggs, Y
    Slowbro: Suprise RE, Y
    Accelgor: Suprise RE, Y
    Rayquaza: Wonder Trade, Y
    Aegislash: Forgot to record eggs again, Y
    Metagross: Event, AS
    Klinklang: Suprise Egg, AS
    Cresselia: Trade, AS
    Milotic: Forgot to record chain, AS
    Mudkip: Forgot to record eggs, AS
    Latias: Trade, AS
    Regirock: 1441 SR's, AS
    Reshiram: Trade, AS
    Aerodactl: Trade, AS

As you can see, the shiny charm has been pretty generous to me! What's everybody else hunting right now?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Well, that happened.
    After less than 200 encounters (I think; I didn't keep exact track, so it's a partial estimate), Shaymin sparkled for me! I took pictures, but my PC hiatus lasted a little too long and I can't remember how to post them anymore haha.

I caught it in a premier ball after sporing and false swiping-- only to have my cartridge fail me. It gave some error message about overwriting the save and made me shut off the power without saving.
    Shiny Shaymin is gone. I can't even comprehend this combination of good and bad luck; I'm questioning how that's even possible. D: I'm pretty disappointed, but I'd like to keep hunting eventually.

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Nope! They count as full shinies now!!! The sixth-generation is fully accepted for Official SHC Quests this year!! :laugh:

Awesome! That's great to hear. Maybe I'll come across some quest shinies during my ORAS shinylocke.

Well, that happened.
    After less than 200 encounters (I think; I didn't keep exact track, so it's a partial estimate), Shaymin sparkled for me! I took pictures, but my PC hiatus lasted a little too long and I can't remember how to post them anymore haha.

I caught it in a premier ball after sporing and false swiping-- only to have my cartridge fail me. It gave some error message about overwriting the save and made me shut off the power without saving.
    Shiny Shaymin is gone. I can't even comprehend this combination of good and bad luck; I'm questioning how that's even possible. D: I'm pretty disappointed, but I'd like to keep hunting eventually.

Aw, man! That's just rotten luck! -_- I lost my first ever shiny when I was young, due to the system failing- happens to the best of us, I guess. I should reclaim that little green swinub someday.

But for future reference, all you need to do to add a picture is upload it somewhere on the internet (google photos, photobucket, any social media site), right click it to grab the image URL, click on the little yellow square (it will say Insert Image when hovered over) above the Reply to Thread box (not quick reply), and paste in the URL. Make sure it's not too big!

As you can see, the shiny charm has been pretty generous to me! What's everybody else hunting right now?

Wow, that's a lot of shinies! Welcome to the group!

In other news, I'm happy about nabbing my second shinylocke Pokemon, and I'm up to 1100+ random encounters on my third. Hoping to get my third soon so I can smother myself in Pokemon-Amie. :15:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Welcome to the club, NoMoreStars!

I'm sorry to hear about the Shaymin, Sableye~.

This week's random hunt is... Spoink!

Last edited by a moderator:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Oh man, I'm so sorry about the Shaymin. That would have driven me insane! I'm pretty sure I'd just AR one if that happened to me. OAO

Let's see, what have I gotten since my last post... I think it was just these two:

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Tamako, my Shiny Azumarill. I found her (as Marill) in a horde while leveling up. I was going to keep her as a green Marill, but I gave in and evolved her at almost LV70. Maybe I'll find another to keep as Marill.

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

And Froyed, my Shiny Cryogonal. I love Ice-types, but I've always disliked the snowflake-robot-mirror-thiny. Figured I could try MMing one to warm up to it. Hatched one after 3 days.

Years
  • Aw man I'm so sorry about that Shaymin, Sableye! I hope the reclaim is just as short for you.
    Also congrats on the Azumarill, Cryogonal and Omanyte and any I may have missed!

Also, phase 3's complete:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler'd 'cause I'm not sure how large that'll be.
    Only took 29,472.... lol!!
    Onto phase 4 anyway ;)

EDIT: Phase 4 didn't take long! Found my second shiny spearow this morning after 1,073 REs! So onto Phase 5 nowXD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2015
    helllo guys.

my last shiny was one Latios yeah the green one come to me im so happy :)

now im hunting:

Giratina
    rayquaza
    mew
    articuno
    dialga
    Regirock
    Cresselia
    Latias

every single one in one diferent game.
    i play all 3 starters in every game that means i have 42 saves
    from fire red to white 2
    :D

this friday my 2ds will arrive or mondey next week then i will play pkm Y
    i want play that so much
    since before game comes out
    but i buy the 2ds just now, because i have no maney before kk

when i find more shinys i come
    bye friends!!

sorry any mistakes im from brazil Õ/

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • A WILD LDD appears! Wow what a rare encounter!

*waves*

Hello my beloved Shiny Hunters! I come bearing not one but two encounters! (though I can only claim one of them as my own)

First up is a I let my cousin play on my White 2 and she found a Shiny Joltik in a random encounter. *so cute*

Next up is my own news!

I was up very late last night ( 2 AM, couldn't sleep) so I was playing on my copy of Alpha Sapphire and I found a Shiny Taillow in a Dex-shadow (no chain it was the first encounter on the entire route)

Here is her starts (sorry no pics as always)

SHINY TAILLOW (female) caught on Route 116 @ level 6
    HP 21
    ATK 9
    DEF 10
    SpATK 8
    SpDEF 9
    Spped 16

Modest nature
    Guts Ability
    Capable of taking hits

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Chaining in DexNav has been extensively studied by players nd it would appear that chaining in DexNav does not in fact increase the odds of encountering a shiny. Instead using DexNav in general increases the chance. A random patch will have the same chances as a chain of 100 with a search level of 300.

Obviously this isn't proven by word from Nintendo, but the math alone essentially does that.

Here is a link to the data: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e4y6TW21TcUSG_Qe2sKzXoMgkwttLlclzV94_DBpUgU/mobilebasic

Here is a link to the post about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2o6we0/data_analysis_on_dexnav_chaining_and_shiny_pokemon/

The chances are believed to be 1/512 similar to the friend safari. Regardless, people should still chain to get a better shiny in general, so it doesn't really matter if this is true or not.

What do you guys think about it?

----

So this happened two days ago but I can only just now post links.

I was breeding to help fill out my Living Dex and this was one of the eggs that hatched:
    Spoiler:

Worst possible nature but hey, I never thought I'd have a shiny fossil Pokemon even when I shiny hunted and Omanyte is a nice one to have. BUT ALL I WANT IS A SHINY CARBINK. 3000 eggs using the Masuda Method. Why, God? Why do you laugh at me?

I JUST WANT A SHINY CARBINK TO NAME MARINA. THAT IS ALL.

Also here is my list:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Wow I haven't posted here in a while..

Here are the recent shinies I have caught/hatched within the past 2 weeks:
    Zigzagoon ~ 27 hordes, AS
    Wurmple ~ 890 hordes, AS
    Oddish ~ 21 hordes, AS
    Treeko ~ 7 eggs, AS
    Electrike ~ 23 hordes, AS
    Trevenant ~ 60 hordes, X
    Zigzagoon #2 ~ 50 hordes

Currently going for a shiny swablu or lotad on my AS. Currently at 600 hordes.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Wow I haven't posted here in a while..

Here are the recent shinies I have caught/hatched within the past 2 weeks:
    Zigzagoon ~ 27 hordes, AS
    Wurmple ~ 890 hordes, AS
    Oddish ~ 21 hordes, AS
    Treeko ~ 7 eggs, AS
    Electrike ~ 23 hordes, AS
    Trevenant ~ 60 hordes, X
    Zigzagoon #2 ~ 50 hordes

Currently going for a shiny swablu or lotad on my AS. Currently at 600 hordes.
    Do you happen to have the Shiny Charm? Those are some quick hunts! In fact..I think I am going to be doing some hordes now thanks to your post to try and reclaim my Shiny Roselia from a few years back.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Do you happen to have the Shiny Charm? Those are some quick hunts! In fact..I think I am going to be doing some hordes now thanks to your post to try and reclaim my Shiny Roselia from a few years back.

Yes I do have a shiny charm. For my first zigzagoon on ASI didn't have it but for the rest I had it. (And i have it for both X and AS)

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • SHINY ROTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rotom number 3468 has shone!!!!!!!! I now have half of the shiny Ghosts!!!!! I am halfway to becoming the Shiny Ghost Master, haha! :laugh:

It's got a Gentle nature. Shiny Rotom looks really cool, too!

I'm at 23,100 for phase 3 for Jigglypuff. Remember when I asked these phases to stop going over 10k?
    Lol!!

Good luck on everyone else's hunts though ^^

"lol" wow!! You've totally beaten my longest hunt (Duskull at 22200+!), haha!! Congrats on getting a shiny after such a long hunt!

A WILD LDD appears! Wow what a rare encounter!

"lol" if you can keep up posting at least once every year, you'll be able to pass ryan for #3 SHC poster all-time in only 263 years! :D

Congrats on the shinies!!

Welcome to the SHC, NoMoreStars!!! May you find many shinies!!

Congrats on all those new shinies, KKN, .little and Venitardus! Good luck on your next hunts!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    SHINY ROTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rotom number 3468 has shone!!!!!!!! I now have half of the shiny Ghosts!!!!! I am halfway to becoming the Shiny Ghost Master, haha! :laugh:

It's got a Gentle nature. Shiny Rotom looks really cool, too!
    Very nice shiny, and that's a really cool goal to make. Good luck on getting all the ghosts!

I wish I could have a cherry blossom tree to battle with..:( (Shiny Trevenant)
    So I lost count of my horde encounters but I have finally obtained my shiny lotad

Congratulations! And congrats on all those quick hordes. Even with the charm that's some incredible luck!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I'm taking a break from Shaymin for a little while to MM Eevee. I decided to look up a video of someone hatching a shiny Eevee for inspiration and stumbled upon Theshinyeevee's channel in the process haha. I think I'm going to get back to hunting Shaymin soon, though. I just need to charge my DS lite for it.

Congratulations on all of the new shinies! Rotom is indeed a pretty great shiny. Someone traded one to me a while back, but I'd like to hunt my own eventually haha.

Back