• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So today I obtained a shiny silcoon after about 50 hordes and a shiny pidove after about 60 hordes. I almost killed the pidove, but luckily I noticed before I even hit the attack button

Years
  • Found my shiny Jigglypuff on the fifth phase after 5,516 REs in my leafgreen!!:D The video's up now and I may post a pic later. I'm moving on to go hunt in the power plant now, so there's a possibility of Voltorb, Magnemite or Magneton, Pikachu, or a 5% Electabuzz. I don't mind which I get.^-^

EDIT:
    I'm taking a break from Shaymin for a little while to MM Eevee. I decided to look up a video of someone hatching a shiny Eevee for inspiration and stumbled upon Theshinyeevee's channel in the process haha. I think I'm going to get back to hunting Shaymin soon, though. I just need to charge my DS lite for it.

Congratulations on all of the new shinies! Rotom is indeed a pretty great shiny. Someone traded one to me a while back, but I'd like to hunt my own eventually haha.

Somwhow I didn't see this lol? Also oh god don't look -hides face- I have two of those on the channel and they're both so ollld! XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'm taking a break from Shaymin for a little while to MM Eevee. I decided to look up a video of someone hatching a shiny Eevee for inspiration and stumbled upon Theshinyeevee's channel in the process haha. I think I'm going to get back to hunting Shaymin soon, though. I just need to charge my DS lite for it.

Congratulations on all of the new shinies! Rotom is indeed a pretty great shiny. Someone traded one to me a while back, but I'd like to hunt my own eventually haha.
    Good luck! I wish I had the stamina to SR.
    So today I obtained a shiny silcoon after about 50 hordes and a shiny pidove after about 60 hordes. I almost killed the pidove, but luckily I noticed before I even hit the attack button
    Congrats on yet another fast hunt! We all secretly hate want to be you!
    Found my shiny Jigglypuff on the fifth phase after 5,516 REs in my leafgreen!!:D The video's up now and I may post a pic later. I'm moving on to go hunt in the power plant now, so there's a possibility of Voltorb, Magnemite or Magneton, Pikachu, or a 5% Electabuzz. I don't mind which I get.^-^
    o: Such a rare Pokemon on that route! Super congrats to you! Hope an Electabuzz follows.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I am going to be smoking illegal-ish stuff, drinking wine, and hunting for shinies all day. I hope I finally get a birthday shiny. I never do. :(

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 500 Lost Tower encounters
    1567 Bulbasaur
    Lots of Moor of Icirrus encounters

My second path will be continuing along the Path of the Ghost, as Misdreavus is one of my favorites as well. Going by Axiom 22 I'll hunt it in Pearl (20% in the Lost Tower at night) along with Gastly....

Three years after saying I was going to do this, I finally got around to it!! That quoted post there is from way back in 2012, haha (that's the distant past now!!)! Misdreavus is probably my favorite Ghost (and one of the best shinies ever!), so I'm hunting for it in Pearl in the Lost Tower during the night. There's also a good chance of getting Ghastly there, so I might get two legs of my Ghost Quest done in there through Axiom 22! And, I mean, how can I call myself a real shiny Ghost hunter without a shiny Ghastly, "lol"? That should be, like, the most important shiny for me to get, haha.

I'm also continuing to SR for Bulbasaur on FireRed, and once I finish with that (and maybe Squirtle/Charmander so I can have evolved shinies of those starters), I might try a shiny BadgeQuest! There are tons of great hunting opportunities in Kanto, and BadgeQuests sound really fun.

In Black, I'm still hunting for Stunfisk in the Moor of Icirrus - mostly because Black counts encounters for you, "lol." Stunfisk is a funny Pokemon anyway! :D

Very nice shiny, and that's a really cool goal to make. Good luck on getting all the ghosts!

I wish I could have a cherry blossom tree to battle with..:( (Shiny Trevenant)

Thanks! :) And haha, I never thought of shiny Trev as a cherry blossom tree...that's a great idea! :D
    Found my shiny Jigglypuff

Congrats!! And "lol" at your twitch Pidgey name, haha! :D

So I lost count of my horde encounters but I have finally obtained my shiny lotad

Thanks.
    And if you think that's fast, I found a sewaddle 17 dexnavs after the pidove

Wow!!! You're really tearing up the shiny trail, Venitardus!! Way to go! That must've been awesome getting one after 17, haha!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    My shiny luck has returned!
    Spoiler:

I caught it in a nest ball and, the best part~ it has Infiltrator (the hidden ability)! I'm pretty ecstatic. I was honestly aiming for Psyduck, but considering I found it after only two or three hordes, I can't complain. :3

G-Money

Years
  • 2288 Lost Tower encounters
    3326 Bulbasaur
    1857 Johto starters
    Multitudinous Moor of Icirrus encounters

I'm back on Page 905! I was here before, but I think KKN deleted a post to make my last post slip back to 904, haha.

My Lost Tower hunt only works at night (so I can get the Ghosts!), so I decided to SR for Cyndaquil while waiting during the afternoon - and ended up seeing over 1000 Johto starters in just a few hours, "lol!" I love hunting Johto starters, haha.

My shiny luck has returned!

Congrats!! Getting a shiny with its Hidden Ability makes it even rarer!! Are you going to keep on hunting for Psyduck?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Congrats!! Getting a shiny with its Hidden Ability makes it even rarer!! Are you going to keep on hunting for Psyduck?
    I'm definitely going to go for another shiny on that route, and hopefully it will be Psyduck this time haha.
    (I also think I'll be joining you with hunting the Johto starters; I've obtained two shiny Chikorita that way, but I'm really hoping to get Cyndaquil or Totodile this time haha.)

It's a little bit far fetched, but I'm thinking about attempting to hunt for a shiny on every route which contains hordes on X/Y. I already grabbed a Minun on Route 5(?), which was pretty awesome, because I've been wanting to obtain one for a long time. She's even Timid. <3 Shiny charm will definitely help me with this, though. if I remember correctly, the odds for hordes with shiny charm are better than that of the friend safari.

G-Money

Years
  • Spoiler:

Also, let's try something new for the Monthly Quest this time: we'll combine the March and April Monthly Quests to make the first...

SHC Team Quest!!!​

The rules are similar to standard Monthly Quests, but this time, instead of winning based upon how many shinies you have, everyone either wins or loses as a team. The goal for this quest is to find every shiny with a National Pokedex number of X64, in celebration of tournament season! The Pokemon with a 64 in their National Dex number are the following:

• Kadabra (#64)
    • Noctowl (#164)
    • Linoone (#264)
    • Sealeo (#364)
    • Rhyperior (#464)
    • Tirtouga (#564)
    • Scatterbug (#664)

Attaining one of the aforementioned Pokemon's pre-evolutions will count towards the Quest, as usual. If all seven of these shinies have been caught by SHC members between now and May 1st, 2015, every club member will be credited with completing this Team Quest - if at least one of them has not been captured, no one will be credited with completing this Quest. Let's make it a team effort!

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Huge congrats on your Misdreavus, G, such a rad shiny for sure! Those quests of yours are coming along nicely ;D

I found this little dude in the powerplant in my LG#1 after 9,288 REs a couple days ago: (big picture warning!)
    Spoiler:

It was kind of my target but I also was totally cool with whatever I got here.

Right now I'm hunting Dratini in the Celadon game corner in the same games, I'm at just gone 500 SRs for that (seeing 1 at a time).
    In a short time I'm gonna be starting a nostalgia/badge quest in my platinum games, starting off with a turtwig! Though I might get a piplup first, aside from the quests, because it's seriously such a good shiny.

If we're gonna do this quest I'm totally down to do Noctowl, assuming that I get Dratini soon enough!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2015
    hello guys, im just here to say that i have a lot of new shinys, i start play
    Pokémon Y and i have now 17 shinys that i catch in my game
    BELIEVE MY WORDS, NOW IS A LOT EASY TO CATCH A SHINY IN THE NEW GAMES.
    i have

dratini - fishing
    alomomola - fishing
    lucario - poke radar
    02 octeleri - fishing
    05 basculin Red - fishing
    04 poliriwl - fishing
    lanturn - fishing
    luvdisc - fishing
    magicarp - fishing

and i get 5 shinys in wonder trade (but i don count them has mine)

corsola
    wigglituff
    jirachi
    leafeon
    mewtwo

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    SHC Team Quest!!!​

The rules are similar to standard Monthly Quests, but this time, instead of winning based upon how many shinies you have, everyone either wins or loses as a team. The goal for this quest is to find every shiny with a National Pokedex number of X64, in celebration of tournament season! The Pokemon with a 64 in their National Dex number are the following:

• Kadabra (#64)
    • Noctowl (#164)
    • Linoone (#264)
    • Sealeo (#364)
    • Rhyperior (#464)
    • Tirtouga (#564)
    • Scatterbug (#664)

Attaining one of the aforementioned Pokemon's pre-evolutions will count towards the Quest, as usual. If all seven of these shinies have been caught by SHC members between now and May 1st, 2015, every club member will be credited with completing this Team Quest - if at least one of them has not been captured, no one will be credited with completing this Quest. Let's make it a team effort!

Good luck and have fun!

I got 2 shiny zigzagoons ( one is now a Linoone)

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • Well looks like I have finally reappeared again. I really should stop disappearing and I mean I don't even know why I do disappear it just kind've happens. I seem to have a little season of sorts where I hunt shinies that lasts between April up until the 1st day of December. First off: I would like to congratulate everyone whose shinies I missed since my last post in December:
    Spoiler:

Sorry to anyone I missed/matched the shiny with the wrong owner. Congratz to you to

Usually when I reappear on the SHC I have a shiny to report and that is indeed the case again: After 13226 Run Aways on Soul Silver I have found a shiny Electrode! I missed out on the Sudowoodo available earlier in the game and didn't want to miss out on another one, so glad I didn't as shiny Electrode is awesome, I love the blueness of the bottom half
    Spoiler:
    It sort've resembles an upside down great ball now rather than an upside down Poke Ball.

Stats:
    Spoiler:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Currently hunting:
    Zorua (Black): 390 eggs
    Chansey (Diamond): 105 encounters (This one is on hiatus as it's really starting to bug me with how long it takes for just one encounter and I'm running low on repels)

Good Luck on your hunts everyone!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I'm going to have to abandon my hunts on Y because I misplaced the cartridge (I'm relatively sure that one of my friends stole it, sadly, so I likely won't be getting it back). That also means I can't really MM anymore, because it's highly unlikely that I'd be able to trade for another good IV'd non-English Ditto. (Partially because I have nothing to trade anymore; everything decent was on Y, including multiple perfect IV'd shinies.)

I'm pretty disappointed about that, but still am very slowly working on Shaymin. I'm really reluctant because I don't want to find another and lose it again. D:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well looks like I have finally reappeared again. I really should stop disappearing and I mean I don't even know why I do disappear it just kind've happens. I seem to have a little season of sorts where I hunt shinies that lasts between April up until the 1st day of December.

I used to do that a lot too, in shorter cycles I think, like, I'd stop hunting for a couple months then hunt for a month or so. Definitely a lot more hunting in summer.
    That's pretty much stopped since last summer or so though, and I'm a lot more consistent now. I have a lot more time now I don't have to go out to school, and friends associated with the youtube x)

Anyway, congrats again on the Electrode, and good luck!
    I just hit 2k for dratini.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Welcome to the new members, and congrats on all the new shinies!

This week's random hunt is... Tyrunt!

I hope everyone had a great Easter!

Back