• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
  • Hey guys, here is my first update for May Madness. Not going to do an update every time I get one, as that would be a bit spammy. Been working all 3 days, so only got in about 30SRs for Regigigas (as it is day time only), but here is how it has been going:

Day 1:

Got off to a great start with a Shiny NidoranM! Only took about 30ish horde encounters to get as well! And it was the one I really wanted for the route. Started out looking for Sandshrew in AS at the same time. Did a further 400ish horde encounters, but no luck.

Day 2:

Before work, had half an hour to have a go (stupid cat woke me up!), and managed to find another Shiny NidoranM. Was hoping for a Stunky, but hey, a shiny is a shiny!

After work, did about 400 more horde encounters and I got 2 more: A Hoppip on route 7 in Y and FINALLY got that Sandshrew in AS.

Day 3:

Got a few SRs in but no shiny legend yet. This is going to be the hard one, as I have non left to get in Y so can only hunt in 1 game. Will have to focus hard for it! 500 more horde encounters, and 2 more to show for it from AS - a Numel and a Machop from Fiery Path and Jagged Pass respectivly!

So 6 in 3 days is a good start, running slightly ahead of average I think but nothing ridiculous. A picture below of all 6 ( sorry for the quality). After everything is finished I will work out all of their IV ranges to see how they stack up.

Picture (won't show for some reason):
    https://postimg.org/image/z7jynxz37/

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hello everyone!!

I am back after a very long break from shiny hunting and I want to start collecting again. I am not going to keep track of all my lists, but I will continue to say which pokemon I catch that are shiny though. I will mainly be using XY. I may try to get a few still on OR.

I have decided to return to my Ash's Shiny Pokemon Challenge where I try to catch shiny pokemon of every one of Ash's pokemon. But I am going to start counting trades, but I will not count older shinies that I have had for a while, other than those I got when I started the challenge. I also have a Shiny Female Unfezant now thanks to a trade.

So this is the list I have so far for the challenge. I do not currently have a pic.
    Pikachu
    Hawlucha
    Female Unfezant
    Boldore
    Leavanny

I have also decided to count every single pokemon that Ash has caught, unless it has evolved. This includes pokemon he only had for an episode or two.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Hello everyone!!

I am back after a very long break from shiny hunting and I want to start collecting again.

Welcome back! Always good to see a familiar face!

May madness update 2:

Day 4

Kept SRing for Regigigas, roughly 400 SRs and nothing :( Also did 200ish hordes in Reflection cave, still nothing.

Day 5

Finally got Shiny Regigigas! 500ish SRs, took me all day but I heard that sound and I got it! Around 1000 SRs for it, a little under average. Such a relief, that was always gonna be the hardest one to get.

Day 6

Another 200ish Hordes in Reflection cave, this is the longest hunt by far now. However, did manage to snag a Whismur on AS!

Day 7

Still nothing in Reflection cave, starting to think I should give up and look elsewhere. But I really want a Boldore or MimeJr, so will persevere. Snaged a Spinda on AS, was really after Skarmory (had a Magnezone with Magnet Pull out first to boost my odds), but Spinda is cool too.

Pictures (again, sorry for the quality):

Spoiler:

So now at 9 in 7 days, with the hardest one done. Not sure how much time I will have next week, so hoping Day 8 I can knock a few out to give me a lead!

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • It's been a while since I posted here, haven't got any interesting shinies recently. I did however catch a shiny Eevee, shiny Nuzleaf, and shiny Lillipup in my first playthrough of OR.

Congrats everyone on your shinies, you've all earned them! :)

I just started a new playthrough of AS that's kind of like a nuzlocke with the whole only catching one Pokemon per route but with an extra condition where every Pokemon I catch has to be shiny, including gift Pokemon and static encounters where possible. Let's call it a shinylocke :P

I only just started and have about 1050 SRs for Treecko, and counting, hopefully I get it soon. Next I plan to chain with the DexNav to get a shiny Poochyena on route 101. It's a very ambitious quest for sure but I think I have the patience for it.

Wish me luck! :)

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • It's been a while since I posted here, haven't got any interesting shinies recently. I did however catch a shiny Eevee, shiny Nuzleaf, and shiny Lillipup in my first playthrough of OR.

Wish me luck! :)

Welcome back and good luck!

May Madness Update 3:

Day 8

Managed to get close to 1000 horde encounters done, and have 3 shinies to show for it: Oddish, doduo, and Roggenrolla. Yep, FINALLY got a little luck in reflection cave! Took many many encounters, but it is very cool looking. Shiny Gigalith looks amazing, so that will be very cool!

Day 9

Maybe 150 hordes today, managed to snag a Meditite. Glad I got that and not Shuppet, so now I can focus on getting shuppet and not have to try for a meditite with a big risk of getting shuppet.

Day 10

100ish hordes, no shinies :(

Day 11

200ish hordes, still no more shinies :( Surely its almost time for another one!

Pics:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    hey im kinda mew to poke community not sure how im supposed to join this but heres my shinies ive collected in oras its the first game i started shiny hunting my first shiny was reshiram took me almost 2000 srs it prrtty much got me addicted since then ive srd ho - oh and luigia ive mmd charmander,lapras and pichu ive dex chained arcanine, tyrogue, shellos,venomoth, pinsir and zigzagoon and ive chain fished feebas 2 carvanha(1s a sharpedo) magicarp, wailmer, remoraid and seaking and im working on mming a phione right now.

lol didnt mean to put im mew

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • hey im kinda mew to poke community not sure how im supposed to join this but heres my shinies ive collected in oras its the first game i started shiny hunting my first shiny was reshiram took me almost 2000 srs it prrtty much got me addicted since then ive srd ho - oh and luigia ive mmd charmander,lapras and pichu ive dex chained arcanine, tyrogue, shellos,venomoth, pinsir and zigzagoon and ive chain fished feebas 2 carvanha(1s a sharpedo) magicarp, wailmer, remoraid and seaking and im working on mming a phione right now.

lol didnt mean to put im mew

Welcome to the club! All you need to do is post here, which you have done, and you are in! Feebas is one I really want, is on my list.

May Madness Update 4

Day 12

Busy day for horde encounters, several hundred over the day. Had 2 successes: a Cubchoo and a Shuppet. Both ones that are quite cool, so am happy!

Days 13,14,15

Been busy with work, but managed 300 odd horde encounters. Nothing to show for it :(

Day 16

Managed around 300 hordes, got a pretty little Wurmple. Really like the coloring on this one :)

Next week will be quite busy as well, so while I am roughly on track I am expecting to fall behind a bit. The last few days of the month might be quite frantic hunting though!

Pics:

Spoiler:

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
    Years
  • Hi! May I join? My first shiny EVER was a Poochyena, non-induced, pre- shiny charm, no horde and totally a surprise. Since then, I've caught these shinies:

Voltorb
    Koffing
    Golbat
    2 Zigzagoon
    Spoink
    Magnemite
    2 Swablu
    And a random Volbeat that I wasn't even looking for.
    I actually have way more than that, but the others were just by luck through wonder trade. I'm up for any shiny now, but I hope not another Swablu or Zigzagoon.
    Oh, and I've never soft reset for legends. Too time consuming IMO.

Paperhana

I make plushies and collect shinies
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2015
    Hi everyone! I just joined PC so I could join this club! I started Shiny hunting 3 days ago, lol. I thought Shinies were impossible until I talked with someone who was doing a giveaway contest because they had extra shinies... What?? How does someone have EXTRA when I didn't have ONE even after playing every generation of Pokémon?? So they pointed me at various shiny hunting guides and I CAUGHT MY VERY FIRST SHINY! It was a Pancham and I used the chaining method. Then last night I caught a shiny Croagunk! Now I'm hooked! Which is why I'm here. :D

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Congratz on your shinies everyone, and welcome to PC Paperhana :)

While taking a break from soft resetting for Treecko in my Alpha Sapphire "Shinylocke" (that's what I decided to call the little challenge I have for myself) I hatched a shiny Lotad on my Omega Ruby. Lol I wasn't even going for a shiny, I was just IV breeding and it happened. I was so happy and surprised that I scared my girlfriend when I yelled "OMG A SHINY!"

As for Alpha Sapphire, I'm at 1719 SRs and still nothing. I accidentally picked Torchic 4 times, I really hope that I didn't miss it my shiny Treecko :(

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Congrats for all new shinies, and hi to all new members!

May Madness Update 5

Day 17

Got about 4 solid hours in and boy was it a good day! First off after half an hour, found a Shroomish. Quite a rare one in its route, so I kept going as I wanted either another Wurmple or to get a Zigzagoon and 15 minutes alter, I got a Zigzagoon! I then went to try and get an Ariados, and 5 hordes in a Golbat popped up. I already had one of those, but Crobats are cool so its ok. Then I wanted to pick up an Oddish, and that only took 10 mins as well! Just before Oddish shone, I also snagged a Klefki on Y. So 5 shinies in 4 hours in 1 day, best run I have ever had :)

Days 18,19

Was busy at work, but managed 400 odd horde encounters. Nothing to show for it.

Day 20

Another 400 odd encounters, Voltorb showed up which was nice :)

Day 21

200 odd horde encounters. Nothing to show for it.

Day 22

Another good day, 350 hordes gave me Gulpin, Plusle and Mime Jr. Almost didn't notice Plusle, it looks so close to the normal one I wouldn't have noticed if not for the sparkle.

Day 23

300 odd horde encounters. Nothing to show for it.

Pics:

Spoiler:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 6888 Johto starters
    4534 Bulbasaur
    Lots and lots and lots of Moor of Icirrus encounters!

Welcome to all the new members and congrats on all the new shinies! A huge shout-out to Paulthagerous and best of luck on your quest - that's an incredibly awesome idea! Achieving it would be a step into the Hall of Legends; may you achieve shiny greatness and complete your crazily ambitious goal!!

*all hunters watch as Paulthagerous walks down a pathway lined with statues, all onlookers momentarily pausing to look up at the monolithic statues of Aaryn and MetalMario and wonder where Paulthagerous and his 31-shinies-in-31-days will place his statue among the all-time greats*

The May Monthly Quest!!

Happy May!

To complete this month's quest:

Find two shinies whose names have either five or six letters!

Chained and Safari Pokemon are not eligible to count for the Quest.

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on June 24th, 2015.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:

Paperhana

I make plushies and collect shinies
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2015
    Hey shiny hunters! So I recently picked up White 2 and wanted to try soft resetting for a shiny starter. Does anyone know if the shiny shoes up during the preview selection? Like before I select my Pokemon? Also is it worth soft resetting or am I better off breeding matsuda style in X? Oh I should add that I don't have my Shiny Charm yet ???????????? still working on my Nat Dex. Thanks guys!!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • No more updates until 1 June, just to keep you guys guessing!

@G-Money

Aww shucks, thanks for your kind words! Hopefully I get there, though it is not finished yet. Once I have finished (either successfully or not) I plan to Masuda Method something - not sure yet - as I have never hatched a shiny. I have received a shiny fossil from the reviver guy, that's probably the closest :)

And, though I have shiny charm, by my count 12 of the ones I caught have a name with 5 or 6 letters, so pretty sure I scrape in :)

@Paperhana

AFAIK the only game(s) where you can see if a starter is shiny or not before selection are HG and SS - in all the others you don't get to see before the battle :( Therefore, MM would likely be a little quicker, especially if you do get the Shiny charm.

Years
  • Bit of a long shot, but do any of our older members know/remember who founded Safari Week?

edit: false alarm it was Nick! I'm making a masterpost of all the safari week vids.

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • May madness - FINAL UPDATE!

Day 24

200ish hordes, while hunting for an Aron I get a Zubat. Bit annoying given I had 2 Golbats already (one from my Hordes this month, one random encounter pre shiny charm a while ago). Oh well, a shiny is a shiny! Still want that Aron though!

Day 25

Nothing to show, 150ish hordes

Day 26

Managed about 800 hordes today, was a very busy day for me! Managed to snag a Vanilitte, which was what I was after on the route so I was happy! On Y, I went back to Route 11 to try for a stunky, though NidoM or Starly would be rarer but still appreciated. 45 minutes after Vanilitte I got a shiny NidoF! Really happy, now I have 2 NidoM and a NidoF, I have a pair! Decide to stay on this route, as Nidoking is a cool shiny (my brothers favourite) and another NidoF would give me 2 pairs. Meanwhile, 35 minutes later on AS I got ANOTHER Zubat. Not ideal, especially given I had Magnet Pull first, should have seen an Aron 1 of the 2. But Crobat is a cool shiny, so could be worse. MUST. KEEP, GOING! Litterally 6 minutes later, managed to snag another NidoM on Y. I realise at this point I am doubling (and now trippling) up but its fine. Just 1 more needed to hit the 31 for the challenge - and 2 1/2 hours later Aron decides to finally shine. I HAVE DONE IT - CHALLENGE COMPLETE!!!! Time to get some sleep now, it has almost ticked over into day 27!

Day 27

Decided, as I mentioned above that after the challenge (win or lose) I was going to MM something - and I settled on Pichu as my first target. It seemed a travesty that of all Pokemon I didn't have a Pikachu, and it has a low step count to hatch. Plus, I had 2 good parents to use. 81 eggs later, I have to do a double take - is that shiny? It looks a little different.... YES IT IS! A lot quicker than the average 1/512, but that suits me fine! After this, I have a bit of a look for other options and settle on Maril to MM next.

Days 28,29,30,31

242 eggs later and nothing else to show for it

- fin -

I hope some of you at least found this interesting to read, I had a lot of fun gathering them all. As usual, pictures are below:

Spoiler:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Hello, old and new hunter friends! Hope you haven't missed me much.

@Kitrigar: Wow, that's quite the luck you've been having! Two Pachirisu and a Chatot within a short period of time. Have you done any IV breeding while hatching or have you just focused on hunting time efficiency?

@TheShinyEevee: Awesome that you're still here and doing your stuff; good to see that you're still active with videos! I should catch up on your content; definitely looking forward to more SHC-related montages and film.

@Paulthagerous/G-Money/Spritingyoshi22/Latios Master: Hey, hey! I see some of the core and semi-core continues onwards even now! Happy to see you guys active. Congratulations on all your captures, especially the May Madness, well, madness!

@Electrizard/shiny collector/TheCrystalFlaaffy/anyone else I may have missed: Welcome or welcome back!

I haven't done much Shiny-related stuff or much Pokémon-related stuff at all, lately, at least on main games. Playing friendly Pokémon Showdown matches and having fun in Pokémon Rumble World, currently. The Shiny itch flares up just from seeing all of your hunts, though - will have to see what the future holds.

With that said, I did get a nice and friendly female Kecleon during my ORAS playthrough! A subtle but nevertheless cool Shiny.

I'll be watching this space for more. Until next time!

Last edited:
    Back