• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
  • @G-Money
    Congrats on the Boss nincada, finally the hunt is over. Must feel weird not hunting for it anymore right? :)
    Congrats on the other bodyguards you caught along the way. ^^
    ---

Welcome to the new members & everyone else on their shinies! WOOOO!!!

*sending shiny vibes*
    -----
    I myself am halfway done on one of my 2016 quest teams whoop whoop ^^

3 shinies 2 days... the reveal which shinies I got will come tomorrow :P

UPDATE

Wait did I say halfway through, I meant I got 4/6 on my first 2016 quest team Whooooopppp ^^ ^^
    That sparkle high

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 1000 Route 110 encounters

I'm hunting on the Gulpin route beneath Cycling Road in Emerald now, just looking for some fun shinies before my game turns off. I don't have any of the shinies from this route, so I'd be thrilled to get any of them!

The first time I saw a Plusle, I thought it was a shiny Minun, "lol."

I'd also like to officially retire Latios Master, placing his name triumphantly on the SHC facade with the other all-time greats. One of the greatest shiny hunters of all time, Latios Master had posts spanning 11 years (!!!!!!!!!!!) in this club, having a post on the very first page back in 2004 and still being an awesome shiny hunter in 2015! May he one day find that shiny Litwick!!

*puts statue of a giant shiny Latios in SHC courtyard*

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Ok I don't really want to count the red Gyarados seeing as it is a free shiny and mostly I wasn't talking about the yearly quest never thought it would count I was mostly talking about adding it to my signature list of shiny Pokemon. And crap I really liked doing the speed SRs but I really want a shiny Lugia, for yearly so I will stop. Will it count if I stop or will it not cause I speed SRed the first 200+? Yeah I hit that last night.

Years
  • Phew! Good to know I've not been wasting my time! I'll keep at it! Got Aron today too, those eyes are so cool!

I agree about shinies that are strikingly different being the best, Pikachu is so disappointing!

Congrats everyone on your hunts! ^^

G-Money

Years
  • 2016 Route 110 encounters
    777 Fiery Path/Route 112 encounters

I hunted for a shiny Numel for a little bit on Route 112, but then I switched over to Fiery Path, as it has a better array of Axiom 22 targets. Torkoal is totally awesome, and I actually wouldn't mind a shiny Koffing either. I've always thought that Koffing was a pretty lame Pokemon, but its Emerald sprite is terrific and it looks really cool when I'm battling it, haha. The shiny colors are awesome too, so I'd be really happy getting any of Numel, Torkoal, or Koffing, "lol."

I totally didn't notice that I had a Static Manectric at the front of my party this whole time, which I had been using in case one of the Route 116 Pokemon physically attacked. I had been thinking of using it to induce paralysis when I'm trying to catch a shiny, but I totally forgot about its out-of-battle effect! So despite having done 2016 encounters on Route 110, I have no idea what Pokemon are common there and whatnot, since I'd been pretty much seeing only Electrike and Minun, haha. I don't know whether I'm going to keep Static going when I get back there, since Electrike is one of the coolest shinies from that route anyway.

I've also taken the Path of the Dragon status out of my signature. I'm not abandoning it!!! I'm just focusing on my Ghost Quest right now (well, kind of, "lol") and I'll probs do the Starter Quest after that, so I won't be getting to Rayquaza anytime soon. Besides, I might do a Badge Quest on HG, so my 2/7 would be misleading - I'd need more than twice that many shinies!

Spoiler:

And where did the underlines under our names go!? :pink_confused:

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Well crap I can only hunt for shiny pokemon on X, Black, Platinum, and Emerald then cause those are the only games I have in a cartridge at the moment. (If I could download a rom of say ss/hg, bw2 or any of the gba games in to a cartridge for 3ds and ds lite would that not count either?) Guess I will have to go without a shiny lugia for quest unless I can find my missing soul silver game.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • @G-Money - I figured double ups would be OK. Not aiming for a million Zubat/Golbats but given some of my targets I am sure I will get some doubles....

First hunt for the year: Hoen Route 113 - Skarmory
    300 Hordes/1500 Pokemon seen:
    0 shinies

PS - I am using Pokemon with Magnet Pull in the lead slot, so reasonable odds of a Skarmory. Bet I get a few Spindas first though..

Edit - just noticed you mentioned that Latios Master is no longer here. Sad day indeed!

Years
  • What does Static and Magnet Pull do?

I'm definitely gonna use Mudkip on my OR Shiny Badge Quest but he's so cute I'm not sure if I can bring myself to evolve him!

Good luck for everyone's current hunts!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • What does Static and Magnet Pull do?

I'm definitely gonna use Mudkip on my OR Shiny Badge Quest but he's so cute I'm not sure if I can bring myself to evolve him!

Good luck for everyone's current hunts!

If the lead/first Pokemon in your party has the Static or Magnet Pull ability, it greatly increases the chance of finding an Electric (static) or Steel (Magnet Pull) type Pokemon. So for example, on Route 113 with Hordes it is normally 95% Spinda 5% Skarmory. With the Magnet, its more like 60% Spinda, 40% Skarmory. So MUCH better chance to get Skarmory than before.

In X/Y, there is a 35% chance for a horde to be Mareep: with Magnet Pull it is more like 65-75% (not sure on the actual numbers). So it can be a handy tool in a few cases. NOTE - also works on standard encounters, not just hordes!

And GL on your Badgequest!

Years
  • If the lead/first Pokemon in your party has the Static or Magnet Pull ability, it greatly increases the chance of finding an Electric (static) or Steel (Magnet Pull) type Pokemon. So for example, on Route 113 with Hordes it is normally 95% Spinda 5% Skarmory. With the Magnet, its more like 60% Spinda, 40% Skarmory. So MUCH better chance to get Skarmory than before.

In X/Y, there is a 35% chance for a horde to be Mareep: with Magnet Pull it is more like 65-75% (not sure on the actual numbers). So it can be a handy tool in a few cases. NOTE - also works on standard encounters, not just hordes!

And GL on your Badgequest!

Oh that's really handy, definitely gonna utilise that! Are there any others that help attract other types?

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Phew. It's been a while! I hadn't had the time to even think about picking up a Pokemon game for quite some time. But, now that I have, I've had a little bit of luck!

After 2216 encounters, I spotted a shiny Taillow (nicknamed Cadbury) in ORAS- the third Pokemon for my shinylocke. And right after that, I was racking up capture-power in Rusturf Tunnel- and happened up on a shiny Whismur (nicknamed Mochi) in a surprise horde. Now that I've got four Pokemon in my shinylocke team, a shiny Nincada should finish it off! I've recently misplaced my Y cartridge- until I can find it again, I've been hunting on a spare X game instead. This morning, after about 751 encounters, I nabbed a shiny Nosepass, and after 111, a shiny Aipom. I named them Honeydew and Macaron respectively- getting two shinies in one afternoon was a big pick-me-up!

taillow.gif
    whismur.gif
    nosepass.gif
    aipom.gif

Also- I've started a new Pokemon-based Instagram: whisrnur! Hopefully I'll have a bit more activity on there soon. I'll try to be a little more active on here, too- 'til then, happy hunting! :15:

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    Congrats on your shinies! They all look awesome, I really have gotta try and put some time into a hunt, so I can show you guys the outcome ^_^

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
    Years
  • Congrats on the shinies guys, absolutly love the mudkip. Goodluck on the future hunts too!
    *shiny vibes*

Like I promised a list of the shiny pokemon I caught over the past days.
    All are bug type, so I'm one away from getting my first Quest team completed ^^
    Without further adue the pics!

ZfkLeVw.jpg

ZJSdXbU.jpg

SrnAYnq.jpg

b41EuFe.jpg

0ImoVcU.jpg

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Nah I didn't - I wish I was talented enough to produce art like that ^_^

it's ok, just a Little of practice and you will be able to do art like that too, give it a try :)

Around 40 hours of SRing and...
    I am a very happy Spoony indeed! ^^

congrats, cool looking shiny and nice nickname.

2016 Route 110 encounters
    777 Fiery Path/Route 112 encounters

I hunted for a shiny Numel for a little bit on Route 112, but then I switched over to Fiery Path, as it has a better array of Axiom 22 targets. Torkoal is totally awesome, and I actually wouldn't mind a shiny Koffing either. I've always thought that Koffing was a pretty lame Pokemon, but its Emerald sprite is terrific and it looks really cool when I'm battling it, haha. The shiny colors are awesome too, so I'd be really happy getting any of Numel, Torkoal, or Koffing, "lol."

I totally didn't notice that I had a Static Manectric at the front of my party this whole time, which I had been using in case one of the Route 116 Pokemon physically attacked. I had been thinking of using it to induce paralysis when I'm trying to catch a shiny, but I totally forgot about its out-of-battle effect! So despite having done 2016 encounters on Route 110, I have no idea what Pokemon are common there and whatnot, since I'd been pretty much seeing only Electrike and Minun, haha. I don't know whether I'm going to keep Static going when I get back there, since Electrike is one of the coolest shinies from that route anyway.

I've also taken the Path of the Dragon status out of my signature. I'm not abandoning it!!! I'm just focusing on my Ghost Quest right now (well, kind of, "lol") and I'll probs do the Starter Quest after that, so I won't be getting to Rayquaza anytime soon. Besides, I might do a Badge Quest on HG, so my 2/7 would be misleading - I'd need more than twice that many shinies!

Spoiler:

And where did the underlines under our names go!? :pink_confused:
    Nice place, I challenge you to a race at fiery path, my main target will be torkoal.
    also, how many pokemon left until you complete your ghost challenge?
    and also i was looking at past post and read that latios master retired, sad really, one of the best shiny hunters, he will always be in our memories, best wishes for him.

Phew. It's been a while! I hadn't had the time to even think about picking up a Pokemon game for quite some time. But, now that I have, I've had a little bit of luck!

After 2216 encounters, I spotted a shiny Taillow (nicknamed Cadbury) in ORAS- the third Pokemon for my shinylocke. And right after that, I was racking up capture-power in Rusturf Tunnel- and happened up on a shiny Whismur (nicknamed Mochi) in a surprise horde. Now that I've got four Pokemon in my shinylocke team, a shiny Nincada should finish it off! I've recently misplaced my Y cartridge- until I can find it again, I've been hunting on a spare X game instead. This morning, after about 751 encounters, I nabbed a shiny Nosepass, and after 111, a shiny Aipom. I named them Honeydew and Macaron respectively- getting two shinies in one afternoon was a big pick-me-up!

Also- I've started a new Pokemon-based Instagram: whisrnur! Hopefully I'll have a bit more activity on there soon. I'll try to be a little more active on here, too- 'til then, happy hunting! :15:

congrats on all those shinies, pretty cool.

Congrats on the shinies guys, absolutly love the mudkip. Goodluck on the future hunts too!
    *shiny vibes*

Like I promised a list of the shiny pokemon I caught over the past days.
    All are bug type, so I'm one away from getting my first Quest team completed ^^
    Without further adue the pics!

congrats on all those catches.

on my side no shinies yet. i'm switching hunts from time to time, but my main focus are zigzagoon and torkoal.

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
  • Woah, I totally wasn't expecting this!! A SHINY MACHOP in the Fiery Path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was getting ready for some long hunts after the Nincada miracle, but Machop shone on encounter #1836! Unlike my last few shinies, Machop managed to escape my first few Premier Balls, but I got him eventually!

Draco, this doesn't count for our Fiery Path race! :pink_evil:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spr_6x_640_s.png

My first Shiny of the Year. :)

Whilst looking for a Virizion on the GTS. (It's one of my favourite Legendaries). Someone was offering a Shiny one for nothing more than a Yveltal which having very recently purchased Y I had a spare of.

I really like the Pink here. It is a beautiful and elegant looking Shiny. :)

I plan to use it in Contests. Imagine how the judge would react at seeing a Shiny Legendary.:D

Next Hunt: Chain Fishing for Shellder and Skrelp in Y Once I have finished my Y Grass Monotype.

Last edited:
    Back