• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Woah, I totally wasn't expecting this!! A SHINY MACHOP in the Fiery Path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was getting ready for some long hunts after the Nincada miracle, but Machop shone on encounter #1836! Unlike my last few shinies, Machop managed to escape my first few Premier Balls, but I got him eventually!

Draco, this doesn't count for our Fiery Path race! :pink_evil:

Spoiler:

It's ok, don't worry, congrats on machop.
    I agree with the rules, no slugma no machop, that would be interesting. :)
    about the ghost quest, you can complete it, you're almost finished with the ghost challenge, a couple of ghost types won't hurt, it just gives more motivation and determination to want to complete it. Make a good signature when you complete it ok? ;)

Spr_6x_640_s.png

My first Shiny of the Year. :)

Whilst looking for a Virizion on the GTS. (It's one of my favourite Legendaries). Someone was offering a Shiny one for nothing more than a Yveltal which having very recently purchased Y I had a spare of.

I really like the Pink here. It is a beautiful and elegant looking Shiny. :)

I plan to use it in Contests. Imagine how the judge would react at seeing a Shiny Legendary.:D

Next Hunt: Chain Fishing for Shellder and Skrelp in Y Once I have finished my Y Grass Monotype.

Congrats, very beautiful shiny and a good one to start the year.

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
    Years
  • @G-Money & Chr. Draco goodluck on the race!

G-Money said:
    Woah, I totally wasn't expecting this!! A SHINY MACHOP in the Fiery Path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the machop! ^^

Spr_6x_640_s.png

My first Shiny of the Year. :)

Whilst looking for a Virizion on the GTS. (It's one of my favourite Legendaries). Someone was offering a Shiny one for nothing more than a Yveltal which having very recently purchased Y I had a spare of.

I really like the Pink here. It is a beautiful and elegant looking Shiny. :)

I plan to use it in Contests. Imagine how the judge would react at seeing a Shiny Legendary.:D

Congrats on the nice find ^^

G-Money said:
    Woo, major congrats!! What are you going to be hunting for your final team member?

Not sure thinking about a beedrill, those are pretty nice shinies. Means i need to get a kakuna in het safari zone.

But while I was taking a break from the actual bug quest team hunting I got this little guy ^^
    Maybe this could be the start of a grass team

SW1qvf3.jpg

Sending them shiny vibes to everyone!

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2016
    Congrats all to your awesome shinies ^^!

For the past 4-5 days I've been obsessed with Shiny Hunting and I'm glad I got results c:

So far:
    - Wailmer x2
    - Clauncher
    - Emolga
    - Poliwag
    - Mareep
    - Luvdisc

Couldn't find Shiny Corsola :c it has such an awesome blue, but 5% encounter rate whilst chain fishing is difficult.
    Currently trying to find either a Hoppip or a Psyduck via. hordes
    Wish me luck!~

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Congrats guys on all the new shinies!

My luck is the complete opposite of Wailmer's - with the Shiny Charm and horde hunting, I should see a shiny roughly every 273 hordes (15/4096 odds). Am currently at 820 Hordes (4100 Pokemon seen) and no shiny. That's just ticked over to worse odds than if I had no shiny charm :(

Oh well, gotta keep going!

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2016
    Congrats guys on all the new shinies!

My luck is the complete opposite of Wailmer's - with the Shiny Charm and horde hunting, I should see a shiny roughly every 273 hordes (15/4096 odds). Am currently at 820 Hordes (4100 Pokemon seen) and no shiny. That's just ticked over to worse odds than if I had no shiny charm :(

Oh well, gotta keep going!

Aw don't worry, I'm sure you'll get one very soon.
    I wish I had the Shiny Charm ; - ; Guess that's my own fault for being a lazy pokemaniac :p
    May I ask what you're looking for?

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Aw don't worry, I'm sure you'll get one very soon.
    I wish I had the Shiny Charm ; - ; Guess that's my own fault for being a lazy pokemaniac :p
    May I ask what you're looking for?

• Hope my luck improves too! Just hit 920 hordes, still no shiny...
    • The Shiny charm obviously takes the odds down a lot, but it is a pain to catch em all!
    • Sure :) Hunting for Skarmory on both AS and OR on Route 113. Already have a spinda so fingers crossed. Magnet Pull makes the odds a lot better than the standard 5%!

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Not a ton of luck this weekend- but since today is a holiday, I stayed up a bit late. I was feeling lucky- and ended up finding a lovely shiny Crawdaunt in 481 REs. Planning on naming her Gumbo! I've been picking out types to go for at random lately, but is there any particular type someone would like to see me hunt for?

crawdaunt.gif

Skyxyd

The one
    Years
  • I met by chance roggenrola and i have evolve it into gigalith
    and ...

O ... o ... omg, that's imposible ...

FIRST EGG !!!
    I'm sooo happy, but her nature is neutral (she's a female)

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Congrats on the new shinies guys!

I FINALLY broke my streak - Horde 1429 (remember its 273 on average to find a shiny..) had a ... Spinda. The one I didn't want. Oh well, better than nothing! At least I know my games aren't broken!

Spoiler:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Woah, SHINY WINGULL!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha, I was watching its wings to see if they were green and I was like, yup, this one's right...wait!!! That's a shiny!! So soon? Haha, I'm really surprised to see yet another cool Hoenn route shiny so quickly! I was really hoping to find a Wingull on this mini-Hoenn tour, since it's pretty emblematic of the Hoenn region in general. I'm also really glad it wasn't an Electric-type, since now I can go back later in the tour with Static and have only like a 1% chance of Wingull, haha.

It came on encounter #3299, yet another short hunt! I've now found three 1/8192 shinies in my last 5136 encounters, four in my last 7801, and five in my last 14848! Pretty crazy luck!! I've gone 20000+ without finding shinies before, but now I have five in way less than that many encounters, haha! *hugs Hoenn region*

This year is off to a pretty great start. I didn't get three shinies in all of 2012. In 2013, it was December before I found my third shiny. In 2014, it was August before my third shiny. In 2015, it was June before my third shiny. Now I have three in January!! This is by far a personal January record for me, haha. *spreads luck throughout SHC*

Wingull was caught in my first Premier Ball. I've made a special box on Emerald for shinies; including my Electrode from Ruby, there are 10 Pokemon there now!!! {D:}

Spoiler:

Back to the Fiery Path!
    *sees Chr. Draco running up the mountain and chasing a Torkoal*
    *summons shiny Wingull to try to catch up*

Spoiler:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Woah, SHINY WINGULL!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha, I was watching its wings to see if they were green and I was like, yup, this one's right...wait!!! That's a shiny!! So soon? Haha, I'm really surprised to see yet another cool Hoenn route shiny so quickly! I was really hoping to find a Wingull on this mini-Hoenn tour, since it's pretty emblematic of the Hoenn region in general. I'm also really glad it wasn't an Electric-type, since now I can go back later in the tour with Static and have only like a 1% chance of Wingull, haha.

It came on encounter #3299, yet another short hunt! I've now found three 1/8192 shinies in my last 5136 encounters, four in my last 7801, and five in my last 14848! Pretty crazy luck!! I've gone 20000+ without finding shinies before, but now I have five in way less than that many encounters, haha! *hugs Hoenn region*

This year is off to a pretty great start. I didn't get three shinies in all of 2012. In 2013, it was December before I found my third shiny. In 2014, it was August before my third shiny. In 2015, it was June before my third shiny. Now I have three in January!! This is by far a personal January record for me, haha. *spreads luck throughout SHC*

Wingull was caught in my first Premier Ball. I've made a special box on Emerald for shinies; including my Electrode from Ruby, there are 10 Pokemon there now!!! {D:}

Woot, massive congrats!!! That's more than five times over the odds!!!! Congrats on sticking with it and having the dedication to keep hunting until you found a shiny!!

And that picture is awesome. The Spinda look like a perfectly choreographed dance team, and you caught the star of the show! :pink_laugh:

Congrats on your 3rd shiny of the year! You are beating me with 1/8192 odds and I am doing Hordes with Shiny Charm in 6th gen lol!

And FYI, in 6th gen the safari zone battles work just like regular ones, so no longer a place to be scared of :)

Thankfully after that horribly long hunt, my luck has returned to normal. Next one came 139 hordes later:

Spoiler:

2016 Shinies:

1429 Hordes – Spinda
    0139 Hordes - Skarmory

Next Target - Electrike, Route 118

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Congrats to:
    Darktorchic on oddish
    wailmer on the Wailmer x2
    - Clauncher
    - Emolga
    - Poliwag
    - Mareep
    - Luvdisc
    Paulthagerous on spinda and skarmory
    magolor on crawdaunt
    Skyxyd on zorua (was the roggenrola shiny too?, if so congrats)
    and congrats G-money on wingull

My shiny news for today is:
    caught 3 shiny bibarels on my platinum, chain of 41 42 and 44 respectively. Decided to try something different in the Sinnoh region.
    Now going back to Hoenn.

*sees G-money flying with wingull
    *Chr. Draco chooses Bibarel and surfs back to hoenn

Attachments

• PICT0040.jpg
      PICT0040.jpg
      427.2 KB · Views: 5
    • PICT0039.jpg
      PICT0039.jpg
      450.3 KB · Views: 5
    • PICT0038.jpg
      PICT0038.jpg
      517.7 KB · Views: 5
    Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Congrats to:

Paulthagerous on spinda and skarmory

My shiny news for today is:
    caught 3 shiny bibarels on my platinum, chain of 41 42 and 44 respectively. Decided to try something different in the Sinnoh region.
    Now going back to Hoenn.

Thanks, and congrats on the Bibarels! My record was 5 Geodudes in 1 chain in 4th gen, I am sure others have gotten more.

So have kept up with the hordes, Electrike showed up after 139 hordes, pretty happy with that. Took a bit longer, 469, to get Meditite, then just 19 hordes later I got a Shuppet! was very surprised that one came so quickly!

Spoiler:

2016 Shinies:

1429 Hordes – AS - Spinda
    0139 Hordes – AS - Skarmory
    0130 Hordes – AS – Electrike
    0469 Hordes – AS – Meditite
    0019 Hordes – OR - Shuppet

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spr_6x_252_s.png

Yay! It's my favourite starter, in Shiny Form.

Found this guy on the GTS. The other person only wanted a female Braixen which I had. (I have 2 Braixen Friend Safari) He has a Leaf Storm. I already have a Sceptile but it has a nickname so I might EV train him and take him to the Maison. :)

Y - Victoria

Shiny Female Skrelp - Found whilst chain fishing and levelling up my Simisage for my Monotype. I really like the purple here. I plan to evolve it into Dragalge.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2016
    Haha thank you all~
    And congrats to all the new pretty shinies! I'm mildly envious of all the new sparkly pokemon everyone has gotten recently *-*

I think my luck may have ran out. I reached 1134 hordes trying for a Shiny Psyduck and Hoppip but alas no shiny.
    But that's no reason to give up!

@G-Money
    I'm a Wailmer. I am the Pokeball.
    :P Nothing escapes me engulfing them. I keep my shinies lined up like trophies up against my intestinal wall. ^^

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spr_6x_070_s.png

Yay for Horde Hunting!(And the Shiny Charm) :)

X - Stephanie

Shiny Female Weepinbell (Harriet) - Found whilst horde hunting on the Route by Snowbelle City. After 40 hoard encounters she popped up at the far right of the Hoard. When stood next to its regular counterpart the difference the Shiny Pallette has is noticeable. Indeed the Shiny Pallette fits the term 'Shiny', it is a the original colour scheme dipped in shine juice.

She has a Careful Nature and the ability Chlorophyll. I plan to evolve her into Victreebell (Not the best Shiny but still) and see how she fares in battle.

Next Hunt - Horde Hunting Hoppip on Route 7 in X.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 2016 Fiery Path encounters
    800 Sandstorm encounters

You might be wondering how all those sandstorm encounters got in there...well, I figured that Chr. Draco would be going into Fiery Path through the main entrance, and if there were any shinies by there, he'd have caught them already. So I concocted a devious plan...I'd sneak in through the north entrance of Fiery Path, and find all of the shinies hiding in the back before Chr. Draco made it that far into the mountain!! :pink_evil: Mwahahahahahahahaha!!

But to get there, I'd have to sneak around to the back by traversing through the sandstorm. This'd hide me from Chr. Draco, but it also hid the route from me! I got totally lost in the sandstorm and ended up wandering around for 800 encounters before I made it out of that place! The Trapinch would've been brutal, since some of them have Arena Trap and it takes forever to defeat them. I almost thought I'd be trapped in the sandstorm forever since it took so long to battle each Trapinch, but luckily enough, I had a Run Away Rattata!!! She totally saved my life on, like, 800 occasions! She was "probably met at Lv3, ROUTE 1," so I have a pretty good idea of how she came to be the savior of my Hoenn hunt.

Back in 2006/2007, I had been planning to start over Emerald twice to get all three of the Johto starters. I completed (I think?) a living BoxDex so that all I'd have to do was trade over the 200 Pokemon to complete the Pokedex on my second and third playthroughs. But back then, I didn't know about the broken RNG, so I did endless SRs for Groudon and Kyogre, never getting around to restarting Emerald. But I did evacuate a good deal of my important Pokemon to LeafGreen - as trade fodder to be reset when I deleted the file, I went and caught dozens of first-route Rattata/Pidgey in LeafGreen. I would've never thought that 10 years later, one of those "useless" Rattata I had been planning on resetting would become a Hoenn savior, being a crucial member of my shiny hunting team and being the sole reason I could actually make it through that awful sandstorm!

While attempting to escape the storm, I did happen upon a Secret Base in which there was a trainer who had barricaded himself in with tables and chairs...he must've been hiding from some scary Sandstorm shiny! I couldn't reach him, but maybe I'll head back there later to take that scary shiny out of the sandstorm and make it safe for him to finally leave...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Shiny Female Weepinbell (Harriet) - Found whilst horde hunting on the Route by Snowbelle City. After 40 hoard encounters she popped up at the far right of the Hoard. When stood next to its regular counterpart the difference the Shiny Pallette has is noticeable. Indeed the Shiny Pallette fits the term 'Shiny', it is a the original colour scheme dipped in shine juice.

"shine juice" I love it! {XD}

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Man, I wish I had the motivation to play the games more. Haven't really been able to play so no shinies pretty much.
    I do have both HeartGold and SoulSilver, though, and I went and saved in front of the starters to try and get one. When I did it last time it took me 3 days to end up with a Cyndaquil.
    I likely won't get it any time soon, but when I do, I hope it'll be Chikorita! I mean, I won't say no to Totodile, but I prefer Meganium over Feraligatr. Personal preference. :p

Another hunt that I work on every so often is random encounters on Route 103 in OR. I don't do it very often, and when I do, it's only for about 15-30 minutes at a time, so needless to say I don't do it much, but I'm hoping eventually I can get something. I picked that route because I love both shiny Linoone and shiny Mightyena, and they are like both 40% encounter rate on that route (the other 20% is Wingull.) So it's pretty likely that what I finally encounter would be something I like. I also kinda like Wingull too, just not really a fan of Pelipper.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Congrats charmedgardy on treecko and weepinbell

Thanks, and congrats on the Bibarels! My record was 5 Geodudes in 1 chain in 4th gen, I am sure others have gotten more.

So have kept up with the hordes, Electrike showed up after 139 hordes, pretty happy with that. Took a bit longer, 469, to get Meditite, then just 19 hordes later I got a Shuppet! was very surprised that one came so quickly!

2016 Shinies:

1429 Hordes – AS - Spinda
    0139 Hordes – AS - Skarmory
    0130 Hordes – AS – Electrike
    0469 Hordes – AS – Meditite
    0019 Hordes – OR - Shuppet

congrats on all those catches, nice. and thanks for the congrats.

Haha thank you all~
    And congrats to all the new pretty shinies! I'm mildly envious of all the new sparkly pokemon everyone has gotten recently *-*

I think my luck may have ran out. I reached 1134 hordes trying for a Shiny Psyduck and Hoppip but alas no shiny.
    But that's no reason to give up!

@G-Money
    I'm a Wailmer. I am the Pokeball.
    :P Nothing escapes me engulfing them. I keep my shinies lined up like trophies up against my intestinal wall. ^^

Don´t worry, you will find them, never give up, always show DETERMINATION. and nice way to keep your shinies, i wonder what you use to lure them and what ingredients you use to prepare those gourmet dishes, you definitely have to give me the recipe. lol ;). *prepares kitchen for some pokemon sushi*

Man, I wish I had the motivation to play the games more. Haven't really been able to play so no shinies pretty much.
    I do have both HeartGold and SoulSilver, though, and I went and saved in front of the starters to try and get one. When I did it last time it took me 3 days to end up with a Cyndaquil.
    I likely won't get it any time soon, but when I do, I hope it'll be Chikorita! I mean, I won't say no to Totodile, but I prefer Meganium over Feraligatr. Personal preference. :p

Another hunt that I work on every so often is random encounters on Route 103 in OR. I don't do it very often, and when I do, it's only for about 15-30 minutes at a time, so needless to say I don't do it much, but I'm hoping eventually I can get something. I picked that route because I love both shiny Linoone and shiny Mightyena, and they are like both 40% encounter rate on that route (the other 20% is Wingull.) So it's pretty likely that what I finally encounter would be something I like. I also kinda like Wingull too, just not really a fan of Pelipper.

Hope you get your hunts. Chikorita is cool and mightyena is awesome, if i were to pick a pokemon to start my adventure in real life, it would be between poochyena and growlithe.

2016 Fiery Path encounters
    800 Sandstorm encounters

You might be wondering how all those sandstorm encounters got in there...well, I figured that Chr. Draco would be going into Fiery Path through the main entrance, and if there were any shinies by there, he'd have caught them already. So I concocted a devious plan...I'd sneak in through the north entrance of Fiery Path, and find all of the shinies hiding in the back before Chr. Draco made it that far into the mountain!! :pink_evil: Mwahahahahahahahaha!!

But to get there, I'd have to sneak around to the back by traversing through the sandstorm. This'd hide me from Chr. Draco, but it also hid the route from me! I got totally lost in the sandstorm and ended up wandering around for 800 encounters before I made it out of that place! The Trapinch would've been brutal, since some of them have Arena Trap and it takes forever to defeat them. I almost thought I'd be trapped in the sandstorm forever since it took so long to battle each Trapinch, but luckily enough, I had a Run Away Rattata!!! She totally saved my life on, like, 800 occasions! She was "probably met at Lv3, ROUTE 1," so I have a pretty good idea of how she came to be the savior of my Hoenn hunt.

Back in 2006/2007, I had been planning to start over Emerald twice to get all three of the Johto starters. I completed (I think?) a living BoxDex so that all I'd have to do was trade over the 200 Pokemon to complete the Pokedex on my second and third playthroughs. But back then, I didn't know about the broken RNG, so I did endless SRs for Groudon and Kyogre, never getting around to restarting Emerald. But I did evacuate a good deal of my important Pokemon to LeafGreen - as trade fodder to be reset when I deleted the file, I went and caught dozens of first-route Rattata/Pidgey in LeafGreen. I would've never thought that 10 years later, one of those "useless" Rattata I had been planning on resetting would become a Hoenn savior, being a crucial member of my shiny hunting team and being the sole reason I could actually make it through that awful sandstorm!

While attempting to escape the storm, I did happen upon a Secret Base in which there was a trainer who had barricaded himself in with tables and chairs...he must've been hiding from some scary Sandstorm shiny! I couldn't reach him, but maybe I'll head back there later to take that scary shiny out of the sandstorm and make it safe for him to finally leave...

Spoiler:

Nice adventure through the sandstorm, good that you had your trusty ratatta :). I have been traveling between fiery path and route 101, maybe i should go to the desert and find some trapinch too :). and thanks for the congrats.

*Chr Draco continues the hunt with a new party member*

My shiny news for today is, while traveling back to do some searching at route 101, i find something sparkling, a cute pick up shiny zigzagoon. nature timid. Now time to focus on the fiery path hunt, and this time it's not going to be the main entrance only ;)

Attachments

• PICT0042.JPG
      PICT0042.JPG
      648.2 KB · Views: 6
    • PICT0036.jpg
      PICT0036.jpg
      617.3 KB · Views: 3
    • PICT0037.JPG
      PICT0037.JPG
      665.7 KB · Views: 3
    • PICT0039.jpg
      PICT0039.jpg