• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
  • 9999 Frillish

"lol" I had totally forgotten about this hunt! I had done 2779 encounters for Frillish last summer, but when the summer ended, I was like, "Why am I hunting for a shiny Frillish in the fall?? This is totally a summer shiny and hunting at the beach is totally for the summer!" ...so I left Humilau City and said I'd return next summer.

A year passed...

...but I totally forgot!! But then I remembered again on September 1st and realized that I only had 20 days to get my shiny Frillish! So I've been enjoying the warm weather of Humilau City and have been hunting like crazy to get a shiny Frillish before the summer ends!!

Staryu's my Axiom 22 target, and I'd be thrilled if I got one of those instead! Staryu's such an awesome shiny, haha!

With my Hoenn mini-tour, I haven't been making much progress on my Ghost Quest, so I'm hoping to get Frillish (and maybe Pumpkaboo in the fall) so that I can at least keep pace with the new generations!! If I don't get at least a shiny starter or Ghost every year, there'll be more potential shinies coming out faster than I can hunt them, haha!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I found a shiny Roselia today via Dex Nav, it was about 30 encounters.

Spoiler:

Edit: 9/15 I'm not sure how chaining works via Dex Nav, if a chain continues if you turn the 3ds off. I did about 40 dex nav's for Illumise and turned the 3ds off. Then later on started again and found a shiny Illumise on the first encounter.

Anyways 7 shinies via Dexnav since Aug 27th... it is definitely my favorite form of shiny hunting.

Last edited:

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    ...by Jove!!! Those are all your shinies!???? How many decades have you been hunting!???

Wow! I'm absolutely astounded, haha. That's an amazing list to start with! What a great first post, haha. Your entrance to the SHC would totally be accompanied by heavy rock music and smoke would fill the doorway, with only your silhouette visible at first (you're wearing a cape, right? You've got to be wearing a cape!), and then as the guitar solo picks up, you enter...welcome to the SHC, AngelYT!

*G-Money talking over the loudspeaker*

Haha! Thanks for such a warm welcome! It is a pleasure to be here and I enjoy seeing the success of the members of this group. I guess I will give a short update on some shiny activities.

Current Hunts:
    - Shiny Heatran (Soft Reset)
    - Shiny Surskit (Masuda Method)

Pokemon Y:
    - Shiny Geodude

Well, I was using the Masuda method to breed the shiny Surskit when I thought I would take a quick break on hordes. I didn't use any particular Pokemon and only had the Flame Body Talonflame in my party with something that can summon hordes (Shiny Victreebel). I found this shiny Geodude in under 20 encounters yet the other Geodude's weakened it with Magnitude and it was eventually killed by my flame body... Man when abilities decide to work!! The tragic moment happened on my birthday and will be uploaded on YouTube soon.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:
    - Shiny Latios

This minty fresh Pokemon appeared to me on a Friday afternoon after my final exams were over. It is a great way to start my weekend and to end my exams. This Pokemon took 9004 runaway's to finally capture in its shiny form. I also completed 108 soft resets amongst the runaway's but they didn't come in use to find the shiny. This video is almost ready for YouTube also. With this Pokemon FINALLY obtained I hope to finish my soft resetting on Heatran before concurring the elite four.

For anyone who is looking for shinies without the shiny charm, don't give up! It is possible to to and is so worth it to say you found them with full odds. Sometimes it can be a pain but you forget it all when you see your Pokemon gleam with the sparkles and that altered spectrum.

Good Luck everyone and thank you again for accepting me in this group!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Thanks! And I'm totally keeping that quote about my superior camera skills...there's no taking that back! :pink_tongue:

I think you should absolutely go hunting for shiny Shuckle and Lileep! Cool choices - best of luck! :happy:
    You deserve it for sure! :P

I finished my SoulSilver play-through without finding any Shinies. I also restarted and finished X... nothing there either. Guess I'll start SRing for Shiny Lileep again. Might restart something else whenever I get bored of that. Shuckle will most likely get MM'd.

Good luck on your Shiny Frillish/Staryu hunt!

- - -

I don't think I've posted these yet. WHY HAVEN'T I POSTED ANY OF THESE YET? They were all full-odds encounters -- that's the best kind!

1.) First up is probably the rarest Pokémon I've ever had a full-odds encounter with. I was doing a WonderLocke in X and had just gotten past Victory Road when I figured I should evolve my Sliggoo before taking on the E4. I found a rainy route, stepped into the grass... BAM! The first thing that pops up is a silver Eevee! *shock*

136.gif

I had been telling myself for a while that I would evolve my next Shiny Eevee into Flareon, so that's what I did. (My other Shiny Eevee were MM'd [Glaceon and Vaporeon] or from the Friend Safari [Umbreon and Leafeon].) I named him Chipotle (that's sounded-out like "chip + oat + lay" for those who can't pronounce it). :3

2.) After clearing that, I restarted HeartGold again. Found a Shiny Pidgey in the grass right outside the eastern National Park gate. Funny thing is that I found a Shiny Pidgey in the exact same patch in the original Silver Version that got wiped-out when my internal battery dried up. Same gender, too (female). Reclaimed Shiny!
    017.png
    Although I could've used her as a Mega Pidgeot, I decided to only evolve her by one stage because I think Pidgeotto looks cooler than Pidgeot. I named her Imalia.

3.) I was on a roll resetting games for Shinies, so I did it again with Black Version. I didn't find anything during the initial play-through, but I found something nice when looking for the Seven Sages in the post-game: a Shiny Chimecho at the Abundant Shrine! I named him Calem.

358.gif

4.) Time to reset Platinum! I absolutely refused to use Fly in this play-through and risk passing up a potential Shiny. My stubbornness paid off when a Shiny Marill popped up!
    183.png
    His name is Dylan. I'm pretty sure I won't evolve him, but I might give in eventually. I don't dislike Azumarill, but Marill is a little cuter and more nostalgic. I remember having a Marill backpack and lunch box way back in 4th Grade.

5.) LeafGreen. I didn't find anything during the initial play-through, but I kept running around the region desperately trying to find something before I started having Shiny withdrawals. Finally found a Shiny Caterpie in Viridian Forest. My grandpa gave me a really weird look when I screamed "Whoo! Shiny Caterpie!" ._.
    012.png
    Butterfree was pretty high on my wishlist at the time -- Lucky! Not so lucky was the fact that she had an Attack-boosting Nature, but I still treasure her. Her name is Clover. I think I'll keep her in the Gen. III games where Bug- and Flying-Type attacks were always Physical.

6.) And lastly, Ruby. Again, nothing during my initial play-through. However, on my way to Pacifidlog Town during the post-game, Shiny Tentacool! I named him Roger (as in "Jelly Roger," get it?) and evolved him into Tentacruel. He's currently hanging out with Clover in LeafGreen where I'm hoping to stumble across another Shiny by the time I get him to Lv100.
    073.png

- - -

I also SR'd a Shiny Omanyte (Seth) in AlphaSapphire, but it's not full-odds since I had the Shiny Charm. Also chained a Shiny Volbeat (Ethan) in Pearl.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Just found my first shiny from a horde in Omega Ruby. I did 27 hordes on Mt.Pyre and found a shiny Meditite. The search level was 64.

I was actually watching a recording of a stream on Twitch where at the same time the guy found a shiny Meditite in a horde I found one in real life.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Found my third shiny Clamperl which I will evolve into Huntail. While I was fishing for Carvanha or Sharpedo to get a Deep Sea Tooth, I found a shiny Feebas.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Love all the stories. Congrats on the reclaimed shiny!

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    Hi guys, I guess I will keep this week updated.

Pokemon Goals:
    - Shiny Heatran (SR)
    - Shiny Totodile (SR)
    - Shiny Craindos (MM)

New:
    - Shiny Surskit
    I eventually bred this after 12 boxes of Masuda Method. I really love this shiny because its colour scheme is unique and fitting for the Pokemon which is why I used the Masuda Method, because I was so determined to find it.

- Shiny Skorupi
    I was watching ProperGoodGamer on Twitch and he challenged the chat to find this Pokemon before him. Guess who won xD

- Shiny Nosepass
    This one was encountered in a horde after GhostBGN obtained his shiny Cresellia on his Twitch. I have been watching Twitch more often as it seems to be a charm or distraction for these shinies.

Good luck on your hunts!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I found a shiny Meditite in Friend Safari today at 294 encounters. I evolved it into Medicham.

My last shiny was actually Meditite in a full odds horde in Omega Ruby.

Both are female.

This is actually my first FS shiny since Petilil.

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    Latest Update.

Current Hunt:
    - Shiny Lugia (SR)
    - Shiny Houndour (MM)
    - Shiny Geodude (must redeem my lost one!)

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:
    - Shiny Heatran
    This was the fastest soft reset EVER for me. It was on 999 resets. She is beautiful :)

Pokemon Y & X (BACK TO BACK SHINIES)
    - Shiny Ponyta and Flababe
    I was looking for a shiny Slugma and completing the dex at the same time on different consoles. I found a shiny Ponyta on Pokemon X in the friend safari and at the same time a random encounter appeared on Pokemon Y and it was a shiny Flababe. I have these shinies already so it was REALLY disappointing. For a random encounter it HAD to be a Flababe. I literally have every colour of them shiny as well as a shiny Forges a spare white one and now another yellow one. This has got to be the worst random encounter ever.

Edit:
    - Shiny Slugma
    I finally got the Slugma in the friend safari :)

- Shiny Geodude
    I was also able to redeem my shiny Geodude in a horde of 31. I have lost a shiny Geodude before here. This time there was no magnitudes involved!!

- Shiny Hoppip
    This was a random horde after 100 induced ones and sadly I wanted the Psyduck but there is nothing wrong with two of the same Pokemon am I right :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Been looking for shiny Breloom and Shroomish recently, hit 500 Friend Safari encounters and 400 Dex Nav encounters but no luck.

However I did discover two shinies, they weren't really hunted though. I traded someone a Porygon-Z for a shiny Sceptile on the GTS.

And I was looking through my living dex on Pokémon Bank and noticed a red star next to Togekiss. Hadn't noticed it before. I GTS'ed a lot of the fully evolved Pokémon that evolved via rare stones.
    I checked the summary, apparently they got the egg on Jan 17th, 2015 and hatched it April 11th, 2016. Then they leveled it to 47.

No idea why they traded it for my level 1 Cleffa.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Happy Fall, SHC!! You know what that means...

It's time for the Fall Seasonal Quest!!!

The Fall Seasonal Quest!!! means that you get to make another team for the Yearly Quest! This one is super easy (well, as far as catching six shinies can be super easy :pink_laugh:), so definitely use this as an opportunity if you need to add to your Yearly Quest team totals! {:3}

To complete the Fall Seasonal Quest!!! (yeah, the three exclamation points are part of the Quest name! :pink_tongue:), you must capture six shinies of the following types:

• Dark
    • Ghost ^^
    • Psychic
    • Flying
    • Bug (Bugs are scary! :littleo: )
    • Fairy

You can catch up to two of each type, meaning that your final team must contain at least three different types. Your team counts for two teams (!!) if you catch one Pokemon from each of the six aforementioned types. The contest lasts until December 1st, 2016, at 12:03 AM.

Good luck and have fun! :)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I fish chained a shiny Chinchou yesterday at 202. It will be evolved into a Lanturn.

Today I found a shiny Bellsprout at 291 hordes.

Back