• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
  • Congrats on all the new shines guys!

After a chain of 43 SOS I got a shiny Rattata, first SOS one with shiny charm so hopefully a sign of things to come!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I started horde hunting on Route 11 a couple of days ago. Trying to get a shiny Nidoran F to appear, but have been having terrible luck in general. Getting to on average 300-400 hordes before a shiny appears. I've run away from a shiny Starly (so sad) and a Stunky, but I've got 2 Stunkys and 2 Nidoran Ms.
    I'll continue until that NidoranF appears, even it if takes 17 male Nidorans.

I haven't had much luck with Nidoran hordes, I'm currently at 1,300 hordes without a shiny on that route.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I haven't had much luck with Nidoran hordes, I'm currently at 1,300 hordes without a shiny on that route.

1300 hordes without any shiny? That's terrible. My worst was 1000+ on Route 7. So happy when that drought was over. Just gotta keep going, never give up.

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've been very lucky lately. I've cleared 4-5 areas of my target horde shinies, all under odds.
    I managed to get Nidoran F (Yes), Mareep, Wingull, Slowpoke, Mime Jr., Roggenrola, Bellsprout, Murkrow, Foongus (x2) and Smoochum all in just 2 days.
    Route 14 is so annoying with all the rain though. Not looking forward to route 19 either. Gonna try for Skorupi when I restart tomorrow.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Shiny Male Cubone (Kiawe) - Caught in the Volcano Park after about 120 SOS calls. He has 4 perfect IVs and a Hardy Nature with the Hidden Ability Battle Armour. Battle Armour becomes Rock Head on evolution meaning recoil free Flare Blitz is in order. I thought Shiny Alolan Marowak would be green similar to Shiny Kanto Marowak but the Crimson and Black colour scheme is very smart. Now I just need to chain some more Cubone to find a Thick Club.

Very pleased to find this guy which is now my 4th Shiny Alolan form and my last Shiny of 2016.

Years
  • It has been a long time (havent updated since XY days) but a few weeks ago i got a roggenrola trying out the new method (which is even more tedious than fishing). ive got it to a boldore and looking for someone to help make it a gigalith.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I just found another Togepi in Friend Safari, will evolve it into Togetic. It was 124 encounters.

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So on my hunt got Skorupi, I caught 7 shiny Bellsprout. Including one that came after 500 horde encounters. So frustrating, but I finally got it after around 36 hordes. Vanillite wasn't any easier; I got Cubchoo in around 50 hordes, but the ice cream didn't shine until over 700 hordes.

For a change of pace, I'm planning to hunt Honedges using Magnet Pull. Hope my luck will be a bit better.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I just got the shiny charm on Moon today. I did a Cubone SOS chain for about an hour (I can't remember how many I defeated) and found a shiny Kangaskhan.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My first Shiny of 2016 is:

Sun - Rebecca

Shiny Male Machamp (Marshall) - Found as a Machop on an SOS chain of around 70. He has 4 perfect IVs (Atk, Def, SpDef, Spd) a Timid Nature and the Guts Ability. I am very pleased to finally get a Shiny Machop as I tried extensively last Gen with no luck.

He is now a Machamp. I really like the Green Colour of Shiny Machamp. Shiny Machoke looks pretty good too and has blue eyes that go back to red when he evolves.

I used an Ability Capsule to give him the excellent No Guard ability and he has just won the Battle Royale Ribbon. Whilst the Timid Nature is not ideal I am delighted with this Shiny. :)

SkySilvally

♡ Worry's only wasted time ♡
    Years
  • Ummm this is a giant thread ;-;
    I want to join though, I'm an avid shiny hunter!
    My shines are all in my sig!

Linoone,Dodrio,Ditto,Pelipper: Random
    Sceptile,Pyroar,Porygon2,Incineroar: Masuda
    Skrelp,Sharpedo,Barboach,Gyarados: Chain fishing
    Manectric,Crobat,Golbat,Banette,Walrein,
    Sandslash: Hordes
    Sawk,Mienfoo: Friend Safari
    Lycanroc,Kommo-o,Stoutland,Marowak: SOS
    Heatran: Soft reset
    Luxray: Platinum Pokeradar

I'm planning to reset for Type:Null after I beat Sun.

~SkySilvally

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I got my first shiny of 2017 on the 2nd, it was a Dragalge at 52 fish chains while looking for Seadra.

I then got my 11th shiny Skrelp looking for Horsea at 61 early this morning.

Just now I found shiny Horsea on a 50 fish chain, then shortly after dexnaved a shiny Paras. It was 84 dexnavs but only maybe 10 encounters after finding the Horsea. I evolved the Horsea to Seadra.

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    Hey all! Finally got a new wifi router and I also got quite a few memorable shinies I would love to list for you guys!

- Shiny FEMALE Salandit on 383 SOS encounters
    - Shiny Female Rattata on 108 SOS encounters
    - Shiny Male Mudbray on 245 SOS encounters
    - Shiny Female Grubbin on 359 SOS encounters
    - Shiny Male Wimpod on 740 Soft Resets (second attempt)

These are some that I have been after for quite a while and although I couldnt record them I am sure glad to have them in my pc finally :P Most of these hunts were back to back which explains why they are large chains even with the shiny charm.

- Thank you and happy shiny hunting!

Back