• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Today I found a second shiny Paras in Friend Safari in 109 encounters. I evolved it into Parasect.

Edit: I found a second shiny Pidgeotto dexnaving, it was 110 encounters. I will evolve it into Pidgeot.

I then found a second shiny Swanna in Friend Safari, still looking for that Pidgey. The Swanna was 149 encounters.

I've now caught 5 shiny birds while looking for Pidgey, 2 Pidgeotto dexnaving, 2 Swanna and a Rufflet.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I went random encounter hunting for Honedge about 3 days ago. I wanted at least 2 of them, and I would breed for the last one. I managed to get 1 Honedge, as well as a Kecleon and an Espurr in about 1500 encounters total, and I decided to try for the 2nd Honedge. This became my longest hunt ever at just over 3000 encounters before the red sword appeared.
    Hopefully when I hit Friend Safari, it won't be this bad.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • 2017 is going great for me so far... in terms of shiny hunting that is!
    However, when I began it was SUPER rough.
    At first, I was S.O.S shiny hunting a Bounsweet for close to 3 days with no luck. I must've hit at least 1000 in chains before I gave up and attempted egg hatching.

I managed to get a shiny Bounsweet at 54 eggs, and then another at 77!
    Spoiler:

Afterwards, I attempted for a shiny Stufful (b/c why not?)
    This one took only ~100 eggs!
    Spoiler:

THEN, I took another chance at S.O.S chaining for a shiny Beldum since my luck was at an all-time high...
    and this guy showed up in just 66 chains!
    BONUS: It took me 21 Beast Balls to catch this guy.

Spoiler:

I'm super happy with them!
    I just hope I stay this lucky :x

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Found shiny Slowpoke today in 663 Dexnav's. It's my first cavenav shiny. Slowpoke was the main reason I went two weeks without finding a shiny in Dec. For some reason I couldn't find a shiny anywhere when looking for Slowpoke. The cave Slowpoke appeared in reappeared so I did about 34 encounters today.
    Spoiler:

I was doing the run from every encounter, then hop on the bike to get another encounter method. I usually do it in mirage spots because they typically only have 2-3 Pokémon and it saves leppa berries and potions. It also kept them from getting fast and since chains don't matter in dexnaving I figured it'd appear at some point even if I ran from them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Yesterday I found shiny Seel in 540 Dexnav encounters. It's my first waternav shiny.

Spoiler:

AngelYT

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2017
    792.png
    -Pokemon Moon-
    792.png
    - Random Encounter: Shiny Trumbeak whilst looking for Bounsweet in Lush Jungle. (Is now Toucannon)
    Spoiler:

- S.O.S Encounter: Shiny Bounsweet in Lush Jungle after 234 encounters.
    Spoiler:

- S.O.S Encounter: Shiny Bagon in Kala'e Bay whilst looking for a Salamance for both competitive and living dex after 163 encounters.
    Spoiler:

- Random Encounter: Shiny Fearow in Hanikai Mountain whilst looking for a Minior (The minior was the encounter before the shiny ;w; ) Its a green shiny ;(

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I spent the last couple of days catching the rest of the common horde pokemon.
    I attempted to get a shiny Heatmor using a magnet pull pokemon to pull in more Durants, but then it started to rain, so I moved to Terminus Cave.
    I caught a Geodude and a Durant rather easily before moving to Route 20 for Trevenant. It finally showed after 2 shiny Foongus. I then moved back to Route 19, which thankfully didn't rain, for Gligar while also acquiring 3 Weepinbell and the 5% Arbok.
    I then managed to easily get Spinda and Swablu from Route 21 and finished the hordes with Floatzel in Victory Road.

Now I'm gonna try Pokeradar. Hopefully I don't go mad trying to get that Shiny Grass.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I have found two more Shinys in Sun (With Shiny Charm):

Shiny Rufflet- Found on Route 3 with a chain of around 240. He has a Careful Nature and 4 perfect IVs. He is now a Blue Backed Braviary. I do like the colour scheme of the Shiny. :)and his Careful Nature made him ideal for breeding...

Shiny Vullaby (Amanda)- Hatched by the Masuda Method after just 83 eggs. I almost cheered when I saw her Shiny Colouration come out of the egg. :) Her parents were the aforementioned Shiny Braviary and a Japanese Vullaby. She is my first ever hatched Shiny. :) :0

She has a Careful Nature and 2IVs. I plan to use some bottle caps to improve the other IVs. She is now a Purple collared Mandibuzz. Mandibuzz has a striking Shiny Colouration and the light purple collar is a nice touch.

I am very pleased I was able to get one of my favourite Pokemon in Shiny form by Masuda Method. :)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Today I found 2 shinies.

Spinda in 51 hordes
    Elekid in 798 Dexnav encounters

Elekid was kind of funny as I was planning on leaving the mirage mountain at 800 and coming back at a later time. I was also worried the shiny would be level 50 with vital spirit meaning I couldn't out it to sleep or paralyze it. So I was running from it to keep the levels down. I also collected a ton of Electrizer's to sell.

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Decided to get the X exclusive fish before attempting to radar. Clauncher appeared relatively easily, but Staryu didnt show until 6-7 shiny Clauncher showed up.
    Caught 2 of each, before failing at pokeradar on Route 1 for 3-4 hours.

Think Ill start MMing some Pokemon first.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Shiny Male Leafeon (Gardy) - Found as an Eevee after about an hour of chaining. He has an Impish Nature with 4 perfect IVs and a 30 in Sp.Def. Only the Attack is not very high and can be bottle capped.

I caught him in a Nest Ball on the chance I would evolve it into Leafeon. With its Impish Nature it is perfect for Leafeon once bottle capped.

I have EV trained it and it has already won a Battle Royal Ribbon. This is the first Shiny Eevee I have caught myself and it is fitting it was the perfect nature for Leafeon which is my favourite type Grass. The darker colouration is an understated but classy looking Shiny. :D

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Yesterday I found Shiny Manectric in Friend Safari at 123 encounters

Spoiler:

Shortly after Midnight this morning I found shiny Stantler at 247 Dexnav encounters

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Shiny Male Sylveon (Sylvan) - Found as an Eevee after about 20 minutes of SOS chaining by Royal Avenue.

He has a Hasty Nature and 4 IVs. Hasty Nature isn't great for any nature other than Jolteon maybe (Which has a horrible Shiny) so I went for the Fairy Type Eeveelution. The reversed blue and pink is a very well done Shiny.

Shiny Male Umbreon (Shadow) -Caught whilst SOS chaining for a third Shiny Eevee. After about half an hour an Umbreon appeared, the first of that chain...it was Shiny. :0

It has a Quiet Nature and 4 IVs with the only poor IV being Special Attack. It is a very nice Shiny and was caught in a Luxury Ball. The Blue rings ans yellow eyes work very well.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I finally MMed my first few shinies:
    I got a Bulbasaur at 276 eggs and a Charmander in 457 eggs.
    While getting eggs I also encountered a random shiny Smeargle, so that was awesome.
    In the middle of Squirtle, at around 200 eggs atm. Hopefully it'll come soon so I can start my next MM target.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • It's about time I found my first Sun/Moon Shiny!

I haven't been playing much since I caught this cold over a week ago, but I've been on-and-off trying for a Shiny Alolan Sandshrew for months, determined to get a full-odds one. At first I was just running around Mt. Lanakila in hope that one would randomly pop-up, but I eventually decided to breed them instead so I had a better shot at a usable one.

Almost 2 boxes of perfect (5+ IV) HA Alolan Sandshrew and far more that were released or Wonder-Traded, there were still no sparkly pangolins to show for it. T_T

I hatched another 5 eggs today when I decided to run around again. (Wild Pokémon appear more often than eggs hatch, so that makes the odds a little better, right?) This time I wasn't concerned with what Shiny I found, I just wanted to find something. I started at Mt. Lanakila, planning to work my way backward through the game.

I hadn't even gotten off Mt. Lanakila when a Shiny Alolan Sandshrew appeared!

kF9kuWC.jpg

Awful Nature, but at least I finally got my full-odds Shiny Alolan Sandshrew!

I named her Noelle, but I might change it if I can think of anything I like more. Changed her name to Tahki (Native American name for "cold").

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Shiny Male Vaporeon - Found as a Shiny Eevee in about an hour of SOS chaining. He has 4 perfect IVs and the Water Absorb Ability. Purple Vaporeon looks great and I got a bottle cap in the Lottery to help patch up his not ideal defence. Docile Nature isn't great but nothing gets hurt. Vaporeon is a very elegant looking Shiny, now I just need to think of a name.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    After doing over 1,200 encounters in a Ground Friend Safari on Y with no luck I decided to take a break and try again for a second Staryu on X, for Starmie.

I popped the game in and did 4 reels and the shiny Staryu appeared, it was the first Staryu on the chain as well. After I picked my jaw up off the floor I caught it.

It is tied with Alomomola for shortest fish chain shiny.

Earlier today I found a shiny Donphan in 469 Dexnav encounters.
    Spoiler:

Edit: Found a shiny Silcoon Dexnaving, it was 388 encounters.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Shiny Female Slowbro (Violet) - Caught as a Slowpoke after an SOS chain of just 8 whilst EV training Vaporeon. She has a serious nature with one perfect IV. (Atk) Stats aren't great but accidental Shinys are always nice. I tried to get a Shiny Slowpoke in X last year in Hordes but only got a bunch of Wingull for my trouble.

She is now a Shiny Purple Slowbro. It is a very noticeable Shiny and I like how the Shellder on Shiny Slowbro is the same colour as Shiny Shellder.

Surprise Note - Going through my boxes in Gen 6 yesterday I noticed I have two perfect Nature Shinys. A Timid Male Shiny Lucario called Lucian with 3 IVs (Sp Atk, Def, Sp Def) that I caught in a Friend Safari as a Riolu and an Adamant Female Horsea called Clair with 0 IVs caught chain fishing last year.

I plan to train both up to Level 100 and Bottle Cap both for use in the Battle Tree. I tried using Special Mega Lucario last night in the Battle Maison and he was very useful indeed. :)

Back