• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    To the above poster I bought XY on release but didn't buy Omega Ruby until last year. I started shiny hunting in both games in 2016 so I personally like shiny hunting in both.

That being said I do prefer shiny hunting in Gen 6 more then Gen 7, granted I haven't given shiny hunting in Gen 7 a big try, my first shiny hunt in Gen 7 for a Caterpie ended with me accidentally running from a 70+ chain. Granted I'd have to run after I ran out of pp anyways since I don't have many leppa berries.

Anyways I haven't posted in awhile, I have caught 10 shinies since my last post.

Carvanha on a 145 Fish chain on Jan 26th
    Psyduck #2 in 209 Dexnav encounters on Jan 28th, I evolved it to Golduck
    Meditite #5 in 408 Friend Safari encounters on Jan 29th
    Shuppet #2 in 583 Friend Safari encounters on Jan 31st, I evolved it to Banette
    Magcargo #2 in 48 Friend Safari encounters on Jan 31st
    Illumise #3 in 405 Friend Safari encounters on Feb 1st
    Sharpedo on a 34 Fish chain on Feb 1st
    Aipom in 391 Dexnav encounters on Feb 2nd
    Geodude in 472 Hordes on Feb 2nd, I evolved it to Golem
    Wingull in 398 Dexnav encounters on Feb 3rd

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I find myself shiny hunting in Platinum, Y and Omega Ruby more than I do in Moon because there's more ways to get shinies in those games. I don't enjoy SOS chaining as much as the other methods and I'll only do it to get shinies of the new Pokemon and Alolan forms.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    Yesterday I had some good luck in Friend Safari, a second shiny Clefairy in 13 encounters and then later on a second shiny Pancham in 6 encounters. I evolved both and finished both lines.

Then today I found Machop in 153 dexnav's. The search level was 908, I had done a few hordes before as well as at least 500 dexnavs before the shiny Wingull.

Edit: Was Dexnaving for Tyrogue and did about 50 encounters for Tyrogue and did 3 more encounters for Machop during it when they popped up and another Shiny Machop appeared.

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Caught a third shiny Cubone from SOS chaining. I'll evolve it, making it my first shiny Alolan form. I'll also evolve one of the shiny Cubone I caught in Platinum so I'll have shinies of both Marowak.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Quest #2: Tom Brady!

All ambiguities have been dispensed with; all doubts eradicated; all questions laid forever to rest. Tom Brady is the G.O.A.T. - the Greatest of All Time! To commemorate this undeniable fact, we will hunt for shiny GoGOAT, or its preevolution, Skiddo. Tom Brady's skills and accomplishments will certainly shine forever in the great tapestry of history, and a shiny Gogoat/Skiddo will shine atop the 2017 SHC Leaderboard to honor the #1 shiny hunter.

The first shiny hunter to find a shiny Skiddo or Gogoat will receive 1 point for the Yearly Quest, putting them in first place on the leaderboard! There will only be one winner, who will have one point, since there can only be one G.O.A.T.

This Quest will run concurrently with Quest #1. Shinies may not be counted for multiple quests, but you can decide which Quest you want your shiny to count for if it's eligible for multiple Quests! This Quest will last until someone finds a shiny Skiddo or Gogoat.

You are highly encouraged to name your shiny Tom (or Brady!), but if you don't feel like honoring the QB with the most passing yards in SuperBowl history, you are more than welcome to name your Gogoat Bill, after Bill Belichick, the greatest coach in the history of the NFL. Or you could even name your Gogoat Pat, to celebrate the greatest franchise and the greatest dynasty in the history of football.

Good luck and have fun!

---------------------------------------

17171 Jagged Pass encounters
    910 Sandstorm encounters (I'm going to beat you, Chr. Draco! :P)
    101 Route 113 encounters
    Seviper Patch

I've continued more of my hunts for my Hoenn mini-tour, and I've begun my favorite one of all - the Seviper Patch! This is a hunt that I've really wanted to do for a while, and I've actually tried hunting here before once.

Back in 2006, I would come home from middle school and run up to the computer, eager to read the latest updates from the legendary hunters of the time (speaking of greatest of all time, haha! :pink_laugh:). MetalMario and Lady Demoonica Darkmoon were having a race in Hoenn for a shiny Seviper in what was the greatest shiny race of all time - two of the best hunters ever battling thousands and thousands of Pokemon in search of an elusive shiny. They were like the great All-Stars of shiny hunting, and reading about their awesome race is a huge part of what inspired me to start shiny hunting myself.

Even though I didn't have an account at PC at the time, I decided to hunt myself and try to race against them. I wanted to take part in this great shiny race, so I fired up Ruby and hunted like crazy in the Seviper Patch.

In spring of 2007, I found a Seviper Patch shiny at long last - but it was a shiny ZANGOOSE!!!!!!!!!! :bigo: I had been using Ruby the whole time to hunt in the Seviper Patch, "lol!!" Zangoose was my fourth shiny ever and I was totally thrilled to get it, but "lol" MM and LDD had been using Sapphire to hunt, where you find Seviper instead of Zangoose, hahaha. It makes sense that you'd be able to find Seviper in a place called the Seviper Patch, "lol!"

So now I've come back, 10 years later, to hunt on Emerald, where you find Seviper (and not Zangoose!). My plan was foolproof - I'd hunt on Emerald, and like the legendary hunters of the ancient past, I'd count my encounters by the number of Surskit I encountered. They had figured out a tremendous counting trick - instead of taking up time by counting up each one of their encounters, they could just count the number of Surskit and multiply by 100. Since Surskit appears about once in every hundred Pokemon in the Seviper Patch, this was a great way to approximate their number of encounters (especially at higher values, where the approximation converges to the actual value) without having to count every single encounter.

So I started hunting in the Seviper Patch. I'm waiting for a Surskit...and waiting...and waiting...and...OMG they don't appear in Emerald!! "lol"

Spoiler:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I just caught my second shiny Ivysaur from 112 friend safari encounters. Now I just need Bulbasaur which I'm currently Masuda breeding for. So far, I've hatched 497 eggs.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    Yesterday I found shiny Tyrogue in 369 Dexnav encounters.

Today I found shiny Ledyba in 233 Friend Safari encounters.

Years
  • I am absolutely flabbergasted.

I'm currently trying to breed a brave synchronize Abra and I only go and get a shiny Abra in the process. This is my second (third if we count fails) ever shiny so I am super stoaked!!

Years
  • I'd like to join

I recently got into shiny hunting with the introduction of SOS chaining. I've already got myself a timid pichu and shiny grubbin (I didn't get modest, I only had a 50% chance). I'm trying to breed an adamant gardevoir to get a shiny pikipek.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
    Years
  • I certainly haven't posted since I joined... but here I go anyway.

Today I was searching for a friend guard Happiny, instead a shiny Bonsly appeared. I wasn't chaining for it, so I really don't know how many encounters I had leading up to it. It was however a nice surprise. c:

Edit: it was from sos chaining.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Because it's almost Valentine's day, I've just been chain fishing Luvdisc and I caught a shiny from a chain of 35. I'm going to focus on catching shiny Pokemon related to Valentine's day as well as those whose shiny forms are pink or red.

Edit: I know they're not red or pink, but I caught two shiny Nincada from Pokeradar chaining.

Edit 2: Caught a shiny Makuhita from Pokeradar chaining.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I've been trying to get a full-odds Shiny Moon Ball Mothim for about a month between headbutting trees in HGSS and breeding in Moon. I finally hatched a Shiny Burmy today (my fifth full-odds Sun/Moon Shiny and my first ever hatched full-odds Shiny), but it's female. T_T

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

I'm going to keep trying for a male, but I may give in and MM one if the next is also female. ><

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I caught a shiny Sudowoodo from Pokeradar chaining.

I got the most fitting splash quote come up as I was previewing my signature.
    ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    Had a weeklong drought after the Ledyba that ended on Valentine's Day with 5 shinies found, most in one day for me. Well I did fish up another Basculin at exactly 200 reels but don't really count that.

They were Floatzel ending my second longest Friend Safari hunt at 1,028
    Then Zigzagoon in about 600 Dexnav's.
    After that Pelipper with a total of 381 Dexnav's
    Then I ran into a shiny Wurmple in 3 Dexnav's, the only one I need from this line is Dustox and so I evolved the Wurmple and luckily it evolved into Cascoon.
    Then I found Kecleon in 335 Friend Safari encounters

Today I found 2 more shinies in Friend Safari, Tangela #2 in 331encounters and Quilladin in 172 encounters.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    On the 17th I found 3 shinies in Friend Safari. First a duplicate Klefki at 397. Then a Diggersby at 86 followed by a Marowak 457 encounters later.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I haven't posted in awhile but I have found a few shinies since my last post. I also dropped my 2ds and broke it so have to get a new oneon Friday.

On the 19th I found shiny Dugtrio in 473 Friend Safari encounters
    On the 20th I got 3 shinies, Hoothoot in 101 Friend Safari encounters then Cottonee in 696 Dexnav's and followed by Rattata in 218. I think I like all of these original form shinies over their Alolan counterparts. Rattata especially with the purple mouth.

Today I found a 3rd shiny Tangela in Friend Safari at 687, luckily it was followed by a 32 encounter Tyrogue all in Friend Safari, I evolved it to Hitmonchan.

Years
  • I just hatched a shiny Drampa in Sun, all I need to do is now train it an bottle cap its special defence or competitive use. This makes my 4th shiny in Sun and Moon, I had a Lycanroc through a 101 SOS Chain, a Toxapex from Masuda Method and a 1 Random Encounter shiny Miltank

Back