• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Hunting with the PokéRadar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    i was chaning and i got a bidoof up to 20 and then all of a sudden there was only one patch of grass and i went to it and they chain ended

If something like that happens, then just reuse your Radar again. It won't break the chain or anything, only make some grass patches reappear.

Today at work exp. I started a chain of Weeeeeedles ~
    Sadly, I got blinded by the crazy sunshine, and broke it rather unintentionally at 21 :/

A word of advice, if you try chaining on a bright day, use a DS lite at maximum brightness. If you've got one..
    You'll never see what the heck you're doing otherwise x___x

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • I've added your bideo showing the shiny patch to the first post halcyonXIII.

As for me, Magnemite were swarming today so I'm gonna chain them for a while, until I get bored and continue trying to get a shiny Floatzel (one day you overgrown water weasle!)

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    I'm not very good at chaining. xD No shinies for me.

I always get Cascoon when I'm chaining Budew. >_>

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I've added your bideo showing the shiny patch to the first post halcyonXIII.

As for me, Magnemite were swarming today so I'm gonna chain them for a while, until I get bored and continue trying to get a shiny Floatzel (one day you overgrown water weasle!)
    Great, I hope it proves useful =)

I'm not very good at chaining. xD No shinies for me.

I always get Cascoon when I'm chaining Budew. >_>
    Don't give up trying though, you'll get the hang of it eventually. Good luck! ^__-

what is chaining? it sounds like i want to do it.

Stickies are stickied for a reason -
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2682066&postcount=4

And me.. I tried chaining Weedle again after my first sun-induced faliure, and I got to that magic number =3
    Nearly there ;D

I'll update with a picture once the first Shiny shows up ~

Edit: Ohh Pokeballs! I broke it accidentally ;__;
    Darnitdarnitdarnitdarnitdarnitdarnit
    darnitdarnitdarnitdarnitdarnitdarnit!

*tries again*

Last edited:

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • Bad luck on your chains ending guys.

On a lighter note, this thread has been stickied to the top of the forum. Thanks go to TwilightBlad for helping out with the process.

I chained 10 Pugugly this morning, but was broken to a Floatzel :(

Years
  • I finaly got a shiny by chaing it is a cute little shinny parishu all the other shinys i got were all trades or random luck pokemon and sorry no one ask for it im never giving it up i love my little parisu

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Bad luck on your chains ending guys.

On a lighter note, this thread has been stickied to the top of the forum. Thanks go to TwilightBlad for helping out with the process.

I chained 10 Pugugly this morning, but was broken to a Floatzel :(

I noticed, the new thread name isn't as much of a mouthful to say as Serebii's :P
    Thank you TwilightBlade <3

My endeavours to chain a Weedle have been coming up short, with the latest chain breaking on 29. Such a tease ;_;
    On the other hand, they aren't being as rare as I expected them to be, with an encounter every 8 or so battles..

I have a chain going right now, at 12 :O
    *wishes for luck*

Congrats on your Pachirisu hothead, what was your chain on when you found it?

Edit: The chain broke at 21 :<
    I started another, and the bush types randomly switched from normal to Sparkly mid chain :/

Edit 2: Another chain broke in the early 20's :O

Last edited:

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • Those Weedle really don't like you do they halcyonXIII.

I'm not chaining anything at the moment, my time is now focused on revising for my Year 10 Internal exams (damn school :p)

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Those Weedle really don't like you do they halcyonXIII.

I'm not chaining anything at the moment, my time is now focused on revising for my Year 10 Internal exams (damn school :p)

No, they don't much :P
    That said.. My 34233th chain has finally gotten to 40 :D
    Note to self; Don't screw up this time...

Expect an update soon, about something along the lines of me catching a Shiny.. Hopefully >_>

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    hello space. im mew.. from serebii. nice to see you halcyon.

anyway, my nincada chain ended with one shiny, a jolly one(hello shiny baton passer!) haven't checked it's iv's yet though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    hello space. im mew.. from serebii. nice to see you halcyon.

anyway, my nincada chain ended with one shiny, a jolly one(hello shiny baton passer!) haven't checked it's iv's yet though.

I don't know why, but I had a feeling it was you xD

I snagged my first Shiny Weedle -

A Shiny Weedle appears!

That one took 53 Max Repels to come .__.
    I'm not sure about nature though I was Synching Adamant, but at least it had the right gender ;D

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    hey. lol. i knew someone would make this thread. anyways, good luck to all chaining/

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I ended my Weedle chain after a reasonable eight Shinies, four of them having a Synched nature :]
    I reached 40 at 601 MRs, and found each Shiny at 548, 490, 489, 488, 486, 468, 458 and 437 MRs down the chain.

As for my catches...

1# Adamant male, "Often lost in thought".
    2# Jolly male, "Impetuous and silly".
    3# Impish male, "Good perseverance".
    4# Serious male, "Strong willed".

5# Adamant female, "Often dozes off".
    6# Jolly female, "Sturdy body".
    7# Hasty female, "Like to relax".
    8# Rash female, "Sturdy body".

I'll update with the IVs later ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back