• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny hunting

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    I love shiny hunting, and I am currently trying to get shinies with the DexNav method. What shiny should I go for? Where should I catch it?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Where are you in the game?

Petalberg Woods is a very easy place to chain. There you can find Shroomish who for me has a Great Shiny. If you have reached the point where you can find Hidden Pokemon Cottonee can also be found there.

Route 102 is also easy to chain. There you can find Ralts which has a good Shiny. One of its Final forms Mega Gardevoir has one of the best Shinys in the game. Note however that Ralts learns Teleport at Level 9 and if he runs away it will break the chain.

One more thing unless there is a Pokémon you REALLY want a Shiny of in water or caves it is much easier to chain in Grass.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I've caught a few shinies through DexNaving and I would say that any Pokemon is a good start, however there are a few that to try and DexNav more than others here are some that I recommend going for. I would say that any Pokemon that fits your interest in terms of shiny is what you should go for. First, I would say stay away from DexNaving in water or caves. The problem with DexNaving in these areas is that the Pokemon tend to move around a lot in these areas, sometimes to the point where you will barely have enough time to sneak up on them so I don't recommend going for these. Unless you have the patience and persistence, stay away from DexNaving Pokemon in these areas. Second, is that I recommend DexNaving for Pokemon that can be found near a lot of grass, two examples would be Route 101 and Route 116. I find that areas like these usually tend to have a higher chance to spawn a Pokemon through DexNav. And while this may be due to location or Search Level, I think it would be more on location, I found that some Pokemon are easier to DexNav. During my time of DexNaving Zorua, Eevee, and Vulpix, I have gotten some results that differ in all 3. I would be able to force spawn a Zorua through DexNav most of the time, Eevee almost all the time, and Vulpix I would rarely be able to force spawn. Another tip is that I don't recommend going for Pokemon that can be found on both land and water and be near each other. An example of this is Marill on Route 117 as there is a chance that the force spawn can also happen in the water in that area.

So in general, I would say to find a Pokemon who can be found in grass, is located near a lot of grass, can't be DexNaved in water or can't spawn in water. I hope this does help and if you have any more questions, please let me know :)

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
  • Shiny poochyena is easier with hordes than dexnav though.

Shiny absol(route 120) or eevee(route 116)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I've been going for a shiny Xatu in the Safari Zone, and while I haven't successfully gotten one yet, it's relatively easy to chain, plus I feel like I have a good chance of getting a shiny hidden ability Xatu (Magic Bounce is an absolutely amazing ability!)

I'm up to about 90 in a row so far, so I've just got to keep working at it :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Go for a shin lotad or makuhita if you can! Those are my favorite gen. 3 shiny sprites besides Jirachi's but that's like impossible unless you soft reset like a billion times.

Back