• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Leaves!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • Shiny Leaves;

"The Shiny Leaf is a very rare item that your Pokemon can find. This item is not a standar item or accessory and is incredibly unique in that your pokemon is seen with it only on it's status screen. However, finding it and its use are very complicated matters."
    Quoted from Serebii.net

But how does one find a Shiny Leaf?

"The Shiny Leaf is discovered by talking to your Partner Pokemon while in a bit of grass. However, the areas in which your Pokemon can find the Shiny Leafe are few and fair between. The location depends solely upon your Pokemon's nature and it can be one of several areas so you'll need to keep checking your Pokemon."
    Quoted from Serebii.net

Now down to business! Have you ever found a shiny leaf? Where? Were you surprised, were you deliberately out on a hunt for them?

I remember my Dragonite finding one along the route to Olivine City, I thought I might see how it was going, the game told me my Dragon Pokemon has found a shiny leaf and I was over the moon. I went to Lyra and I was one step close into scoring myself a golden crown.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yes, I found some of those, and enough for a shiny crown too (five leaves and showing to pseudo-rival iirc). It's fairly easy to do if you follow a guide, mind, but I imagine it would take a lot of trial and error to figure it out on one's own without hacking or the likes.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I, unfortunately, have never had the luck of obtaining even one Shiny Leaf. Not surprising given my luck, but you'd think after so long of playing, I'd have at least found one. Then again, finding Shiny Leaves and getting the Shiny Crown wasn't something I ever set a goal after, so it never bothered me that I never found one. It'd be nice though!

Years
  • I never found a shiny leaf, but it was never really on my mind to set out and find one anyway. Would be nice to find I suppose.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Even though I never really tried collecting them, I managed to get one on two of my Pokemon during one of my playthroughs. In fact, I think the first time I heard of it was when I got the first one, and ended up searching for what it meant, haha.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I found a few shiny leaves here and there, but I don't recall making a crown (I think I did make a crown with Feraligatr in my old HG game).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I... didn't realise this was a thing until reading this post! Huh. Might try and find myself one of these when I next play SoulSilver. But, then again, I'm probably going to forget about this post when I click 'Post Quick Reply', unfortunately. Even still, the concept sounds kinda nice, even if it is very slight.

Years
  • I found two Shiny Leaves randomly on my Butterfree, so after the second, I just decided to go looking for the other three. I know that two of the places I found the leaves on were Route 7 (between Celadon and Saffron) and Route 45 (right before the Safari Zone), but I don't remember where I got the others. I was able to get all five of them and get the crown made by Lyra, but I never found a Shiny Leaf for any other Pokemon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I never found one, or went looking for one, I never really saw the use because it wouldn't really affect anything ingame if I found 5.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 2, 2016
    I found one on my Shiny Charizard, so I decided why not and went hunting for the rest of them and got him a pretty golden crown :p

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I found one randomly and i thought it looked pretty nice so i went and collected more so my whole party had gold crowns :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that there's no hint in-game as to which Natures can find shiny leaves on what routes. While I understand that they're meant to be incredibly difficult to find, the fact that they're required to max out your Trainer Card stars makes it seem like there should at least be some hint in-game on how to find them (so as to not require a guide or online searches).

Besides that, I thought they were cute and a nice way to utilize the "walking Pokemon" into the gameplay (Trainer Card star). Still, I wish there was a way to check if your Pokemon had a crown once transferred to BW.

Back