• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen shiny magikarp/breeding

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    I think he means when you breed a golden magicarp with a normal magicarp.. how much chance there is to get another golden magicarp..
    I tried it, but didn't work for me..

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
    I don't know what the odds are, but the only shiney pokemon I have ever had was the red garados from pokemon gold (that is a shiney right?)

Aj1

Virgin Killer
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 25, 2005
    lol..i have trieed to breed the red gyarados with another normal gyarados but to no luck it had about 50 eggs and no lucky :(

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Oh right. No. Shiny Pokemon don't necessarily have shiny offspring. It's never passed on to the kid.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
    Aj1 said:
    lol..i have trieed to breed the red gyarados with another normal gyarados but to no luck it had about 50 eggs and no lucky :(

this is wat i meant. red gyarados+normal gyarados=golden magikarp.
    im sure at least some of u tried this out and probably failed. ive also tried about 50 eggs and no luck, so i asked here to see if it was even possible.
    this gots to be possible bcuz my friend gots 3 golden magikard and he says he got them by breeding. another friend tried infront of me and i saw it with my own eyes.the golden magikarp hatched from the egg.we were shocked(as anyone else would be). i also did this to figure out the odds of this happening.i read somewhere that it was like 1/64 chance of hatching that goldfish.
    now fear my army of unstopable magikarps,hahaha*BANG**killed 20 magikarps in a now bloody pool.* :shocked: wat happend to my army!!!

Back