• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Shiny males all the time!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    Really sorry if this has been asked already but i've searched all over the web now for ages and can't find an answer.

Is it possible to get shiny pokemon in female? Because every time i try to get a shiny vulpix, it will only come up as male. Never female, i've tried this now with a variety of other pokemon and keep getting the same result.

I'm using a gameshark for this as i just really want a shiny ninetails but i only get males popping up. I'm also using pokemon silver if that counts for anything.

So does anyone know what the problem here is?

Thankyou
    Gem

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    uhm...yah shinys can be female ive had a bunch of shiny female vulpix and i even have a shiny female charmander :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    So am i doing something wrong then? Cos i battled over twenty of them and every single vulpix was male?

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    hmmm...this is wierd maybe its cuz you are using a gameshark maybe yer using a shiny male vulpix code lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    Nah, it's just a code to make all pokemon shiny and then i used the code for a vulpix. After it kept happening, i added the code to make all wild pokemon female but then whenever i found a vulpix, it wasn't shiny if it was a female

I really don't understand

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    Well if anyone can help, please do. This is really frustrating me =(

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    i guess the only thing i can say is keep on tryingf lol and do you have diamond or pearl? cuz if you do i can get you a shiny female vulpix if you want :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    No, but give me the weekend and i'm so getting it! lol
    I dug out my metal games last week and am getting into it all over again!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    Thank you =)

And if anyone else knows the answer to what i'm doing wrong, please speak up =)

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    I know the answer, Many shiny codes will only result in letting it be of male gender, as I've seen millions of the Shiny Code with a note attached 'All pokemon encountered with this code will be male.'
    Find a different code and it'll be fine.

Waaaai~
    ~Honey-Senpai~

shadowcreep

Artiste
    Years
    yep and in R/S/E i used the rom and put the codes in they all had same IVs and nature as my starter and same gender

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    So depending on the pokemon you use for the shiny cheats, its always going to be the same gender with them always.

Back