• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
    Shiny Latias!?!?!?!?!?Man you are sooo lucky(why me?)still no shinys.Trying to hatch a shiny slugma.

There is a downside though. I hacked my Eon Ticket and now I cant go back to Southern Island. :( I have an idea that could help you. Slugma isn't that good. In any of your games, find a legendary. Save in front of them, battle, and keep resetting until it's shiny. You'll get there sooner or later. Latias took 3 days.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    <--- I think my game hates me LOL, ok, I was literally in awe when I got my first one, which was a shiny marrill... in the past 2 months, I've caught 3 other shinies, guess what pokemon they were....

ALL Marrill -.-

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    There is a downside though. I hacked my Eon Ticket and now I cant go back to Southern Island. :( I have an idea that could help you. Slugma isn't that good. In any of your games, find a legendary. Save in front of them, battle, and keep resetting until it's shiny. You'll get there sooner or later. Latias took 3 days.

You cant go back to Southern Island even if the Eon ticket is legitamate. I hacked mine too, but I DO posses the actual ticket...but with no e-reader...>.>

Also, what moves does yours know?

Psychic, Dragon Claw, Fly, and Recover. :P Sucky I know.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    Am I the only shiny hunter in the world WITHOUT a shiny Latias or something? Anyways, I finally beat the E4 on my Sapphire version, so I'm SRing for Latios and Latias simultaneously. I have big hands, so I can soft reset for them with one hand at the same time! Hopefully I'll get them soon... Wish me luck.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
    Am I the only shiny hunter in the world WITHOUT a shiny Latias or something? Anyways, I finally beat the E4 on my Sapphire version, so I'm SRing for Latios and Latias simultaneously. I have big hands, so I can soft reset for them with one hand at the same time! Hopefully I'll get them soon... Wish me luck.

Um... no, you're not. I've been a shiny hunter for a while... not in any club or anything, but still. I've been searching since the GS days, but I've never found a shiny besides the red Gyarados. Shiny Latias is my favorite shiny too!

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years

Nope, I'm one and I only have 4 shiny marrills... I swear, If I encounter another, I will destroy my emerald cartridge -.-

eureKa^

Veteran
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    you cant get a shiny lati@s without the eon ticket, whether lati@s is shiny or not is preset at the beginning of the game

Mike4141

Pokemon Adventurer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2007
    I've seen 4 shiny pokemon on leaf green and caught 3 of them.
    Paras
    Belsprout
    pikachu
    Electrode(exploded when I tried to catch it :()

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
    Well my Shiny Suicune hunt begins tomorrow. A friend of mine is lending me his Fire Red but I may have to restart it. He said it was OK. However I can get to the HoF at any time using the Magic Door Codes at codejunkies.com, which means I can begin the hunt almost immediately. Wish me luck. Oh here's a step-by-step guide for catching a shiny dog:

0.5) Trade the dog over from another game so you know where to look for him. (If you've already seen him in your game and he isn't shiny, he will never be shiny. Incidentally, if he is shny and escapes, he will remain shiny forever.)
    1) Buy some Max Repel.
    2) Keep searching until you've cornered the dog.
    3) Save.
    4) Use Max Repel and search in the grass until you find him. (For those of you who don't know, Repel will repel all pokemon in the area EXCEPT the legendary dog hiding there.)
    5) If he isn't shiny, reset and repeat step 4 until he is.

Well that's the way I'll try to catch him. This would also work for Lati@s in R/S/E.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    Well my Shiny Suicune hunt begins tomorrow. A friend of mine is lending me his Fire Red but I may have to restart it. He said it was OK. However I can get to the HoF at any time using the Magic Door Codes at codejunkies.com, which means I can begin the hunt almost immediately. Wish me luck. Oh here's a step-by-step guide for catching a shiny dog:

0.5) Trade the dog over from another game so you know where to look for him. (If you've already seen him in your game and he isn't shiny, he will never be shiny. Incidentally, if he is shny and escapes, he will remain shiny forever.)
    1) Buy some Max Repel.
    2) Keep searching until you've cornered the dog.
    3) Save.
    4) Use Max Repel and search in the grass until you find him. (For those of you who don't know, Repel will repel all pokemon in the area EXCEPT the legendary dog hiding there.)
    5) If he isn't shiny, reset and repeat step 4 until he is.

Well that's the way I'll try to catch him. This would also work for Lati@s in R/S/E.

That WILL NOT WORK for the Latis. The Latis values are set when you watch TV broadcast about them. I've tested this, and I know that I am right. However, I don't know if you could do this for the legendary dogs, but I believe their values are set when you pick your starter, when you beat the E4, or when you get the National Dex. However, their values could be set when you first encounter them. If it's possible, could you try to catch Suicune twice and check its nature? If it's different, then I think I will use the same method to try and acquire a shiny Suicune on myself :)

Years
    Here is the list of Shiny pokémon in Emerald and Fire Red

Emerald
    Blaziken [So many Restarts]
    Swellow
    Gardevoir
    Hariyama
    Gyarados
    Azumarill
    Crobat
    Manectric
    Swalot