• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    You hope you get lucky. Everytime you run into/hatch/get a Pokemon, there's a 1/8192 chance of it being shiny. So if you want a shiny starter, you're goign to have to keep restarting until it gives you a shiny. As for Lati@s, you save your game before you run into it. If it's not a shiny, you reload and try again.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2006
    In Silver I got a shiny drousie(preevolution of hipno), in ruby got a shiny roselia(I erase the game and lose it),shiny slackot, and a shiny poocheyna(but I havent any pokeballs)

I don`t know if evolve the slackot!

Years
    my mudkip (shiny) now swampert female has a calm nature. shes very powerful but the eigth gym leader last night kicked her but! i'm soooo going to beat him up! that'll make my day! bwahahahaha! now paired with May's #1 Fan!

Kamahi

Juz Turned 17~ SweEet~ ^.^
    Years
    i got a couple of questions, (sry if these are already being asked/answered coz this thread is tooo large to read from cover to cover =P)

1. concerning shiny latias/os
    ok, if i see a shiny latias/os for the first time and it escaped, will it be shiny when i next encounter it? and vice versa?

2. shiny legendaries
    does the game determined that the legendaries are shiny as soon as you start a new game? or do it differs everytime you switch you console off?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    1. Yes, if the Lati@s was shiny the first time you saw it, it'll be shiny again the next time you find it. However, if it was not shiny the first time you saw it, it won't be shiny the next time you run into it. This applies to Suicune, Raikou, and Entei in FRLG as well.

2. No, the shinyness of the legendaries are not determined the moment you start the new game. You can save in front of the Pokemon you're after and reload until it is shiny. The chance is still the same though; 1/8192.

Last edited:
    Years
    now i have a question:
    every shiny is determined by luck and the 1/8192 right? well i was thinking how come people can find up to two shinys in a day? i did. a shiny pikachu and a caterpie? whats up with that?

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    Incredible. I've hatched over one hundred Treeckos and still no shineys..But it's really quick so I don't mind that much. (Magma Armor ability)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back