• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Icefang said:
    So you can get a shiny in any game, like Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, or any of the others?

Yeah, and Leaf Green, Fire Red, Gold, Silver and Crystal

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    Well, I am new, and this is my first post. I found a shiny wingull on my Ruby Version at 524:38(that is the same as my ID No., in case that is of any importance), and that is the only shiny I have. I reset that game though. Currently, I am training 5 pokemon to lvl 71 on my Emerald Version, training only against wild pokes, so I can see a shiny pokemon. On FR, I am soft resetting for a shiny squirtle. I really wish I had a lot more shiny pokemon, but I am grateful for the one I have.

And are there any specific requirements I need to meet in order to become part of the Shiny Hunter's Club?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    I got a shiny Wingull on my Ruby Version, but I reset it, and I kept the shiny.

I know someone who has 41 shiny pokemon, and I also know someone who had 53 shiny pokemon, and none of them were cheated.

TripleHGogeta

D-Generation X Member
    Years
    sad thing is ive played and beat every single pokemon game that has had shinys in it, all the way bak since silver and gold, wit about 100 hours play on each game at least, and have never even seen 1 shiny besides that shiny gyarados

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    DARKDESTINY said:
    just that you're willing to look for shiny pokemon

Hey, I have seen you at the SPPF forums! Hi!

At the shiny hunters club, do I have to search for a shiny during any minute of gameplay. Like I can't just play the game and hope it comes up, I actually have to hunt for it. For example, I want a shiny Lotad, so I will stop playing the main story and only battle pokemon on the route it shows up on?

'Arcanine'

Personality of an Arcanine!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 6, 2006
    I doubt that, I'd say just have a shiny & willing to search for shinies is good enough. I was searching for a shiny Rapidash or at least Ponyta but gave up but I'll go back again.

DARKDESTINY, how many shinies you got!? I saw your sig, are they all in one game or from a few? You must have been lucky to find all them, unless you traded of course.

DARKDESTINY

alone_in_the_dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2014
    i found them all by myself(no traded ones), in four of the five 3rd generation games..the only game that hasn't give me any shiny is ruby:S

DARKDESTINY

alone_in_the_dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2014
    TripleHGogeta said:
    sad thing is ive played and beat every single pokemon game that has had shinys in it, all the way bak since silver and gold, wit about 100 hours play on each game at least, and have never even seen 1 shiny besides that shiny gyarados
    ..so you did saw (and probably caught) a shiny,whiner...don't worry about them they're just piece of data afterall..anywho i want the trio of the legendary birds in their respective shiny form,so i guess i'll be resetting alot, or not..

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    In Emerald last night I was searching for skitties and it was like weird 'cuz I ran into a male skitty and then a SHINNY Phoochyena and then a female skitty right after.

this Poochyena is actually the 2nd shiny pokemon I've obtained in my emerald
    version, the 1st is my Skarmory that I hatched.

I saw a shiny pikachu in the safari one before, but it was dumb and ran off.

'Arcanine'

Personality of an Arcanine!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 6, 2006
    Wow lucky you, only encounted one in Gold or Crystal & two in Fire Red. None in Sapphire...the other games I have don't have shines (blue etc.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back