• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhammerhead

Super Smash Bros Brawl FTW!
    Years
    i was once lucky for findind shinies but i was unaware of there rareness and thus dident catch them

on gold i saw a shiny tentacool and (the sad part because i dident catch it because i dident know) a shiny lugia

jmb_jolteon

email:joshuamb_1994@html. com
    Years
    i caught a purple drowzee in my fire red game which my sister was playing for most of the time cause i never started it myself and one day i was playin it and there it was a purple drowzee and i caught it in the grass to the right of the town where u catch the ferry to the other islands, so i traded it to my leaf green and my sister never knew

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2007
    in silver I caught a gold weedle, and in emerald I just ran into a gold mightyena on route 121 but it used roar .....

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    I have like 70 shinies, but most are traded from my friends because they didn't want them. My best one that I caught was a shiny attack form Deoxys in fire red, which I then traded to Emerald.
    Also, once I ran into a shiny Zubat, while surfing, but I killed it because I absolutely hate Zubat and Golbat.

MrDreavus

There she goes! =O
    Years
    This might be a little off topic, but what's the best way to catch shinies? I don't have any, and I was wondering why so many people have them if they are so rare...T_T

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
    This might be a little off topic, but what's the best way to catch shinies? I don't have any, and I was wondering why so many people have them if they are so rare...T_T

I know I'm not the best shiny hunter here but I'll tell you what I know:

- For 1 thing, avoid breeding. I have never had any luck finding shinies in eggs. :(
    - Try not to hunt for shinies of rare pokemon, you'll only be disappointed as you'll probably find a shiny of the area's more common pokemon. (Incidentally, do NOT hunt in places where Zigzagoon is found, or you'll come out screaming.)
    - If searching in the wild, always bring an Illuminator which can also weaken pokemon found in your designated area without killing them.
    - When hunting legendaries, just SR until your buttons break. 'Nuf said
    - Most of all, pray for luck and perservere

MrDreavus

There she goes! =O
    Years
    I know I'm not the best shiny hunter here but I'll tell you what I know:

- For 1 thing, avoid breeding. I have never had any luck finding shinies in eggs. :(
    - Try not to hunt for shinies of rare pokemon, you'll only be disappointed as you'll probably find a shiny of the area's more common pokemon. (Incidentally, do NOT hunt in places where Zigzagoon is found, or you'll come out screaming.)
    - If searching in the wild, always bring an Illuminator which can also weaken pokemon found in your designated area without killing them.
    - When hunting legendaries, just SR until your buttons break. 'Nuf said
    - Most of all, pray for luck and perservere

Thanks loads! But, this might sound a bit noobish, but which Pokemon know Illuminate? And what's an SR?

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    I don't know what illuminate means but i do know how to SR. SR means soft reset, you see what you do is go up to a legendary pokemon (or any other pokemon that has an icon) and battle it. If it's not shiny just off the game and on it and battle it again. You keep doing this until the pokemon that you are "hunting" is shiny.

Tker

Kelpo
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2007
    I have my awesome Shiny Marill that I taught Rock Smash to because I got it mixed up with my other one.

>_>

I normally EV Train my Shiny's, so I ****ed that one up a little bit.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2007
    when i started my ruby game for the 50th time i went past petalburg and a lv 5 wurmple was shiny so i caught it and its now a lv 10 beautifly thats shiny. lol also in my cyrstal game the first pokemon i found was shiny though i couldnt catch it lol

Momoiro

..:: Glaring One Way ::..
    Years
    I caught a Shiny Drowzee in I think Cerulean City by the Daycare, it's now a Shiny Hypno. I luff my Shiny Hypno. <3 It's pink! ::boogie::
    I am now on the lookout for a Shiny Beldum, so it can be a Shiny Metagross. (My Friend Has One. TT_TT So Jealous..)

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 116
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    The only shiny I have is Glitters, my shiny Dustox. I was playing ruby again went in the grass just outside of Petalburg woods and BAM! A purple Wurmple. I was soooo excited my heart was racing I caught it and saved as quickly as possible. That save is very lucky to me as I also got a female Torchic!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back