• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Well, I've been hunting for shiny Latias a lot lately, as well as Groudon and Torchic. I'm hunting for Torchic on Sapphire, but I really want to hunt for it on Emerald...unfortunately, my cousin *coughD'MoneyBoicough* pressured me into giving it to him. I hope he gives it back. Good luck with everyone else shiny hunting.

By the way, does anyone know how many days it's been since October 4th?

How exactly do you SEARCH for a shiny Torchic?

Sparks

MasatoxSatoshi Shipper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    How exactly do you SEARCH for a shiny Torchic?

I'd assume saving the game right before picking the starter pokemon and trying to get the shiny version over and over again.

Only shiny I've ever gotten other than the storyline one in G/S was just two days ago actually. I was hunting for a female Absol so I could breed it with the one I already had and I run into a couple of male ones for awhile. Bout 10 minutes late I come across an Absol that looked different at first sight. Turns out it was a shiny absol. Not the female I wanted, but it was worth catching. Most likely I'll never even see another one.

ss5vegeta

Poke' God
    Years
    I used to have a shiny Grimer but I had to delete it becuase it was on Pokemon Box and I needed the memory card, and also on Leaf Green I found a Gold kakaskan but it ran away because it was in the safari zone.

I think mabey years ago when I 1st got Sapphire I think when I spoke to Regirock it ws shiny one time, but I didant make anything of it so I didant catch (dont remember if I ran out of balls or I fainted it) so I tried again a few more times and caught a normal one.

Currently I have no shinys but I am trying to get a shiny Zapdos. I've saved just before Zapdos and have 45 pokeballs I talk to Zapdos here it cry and reset it (A+B+Start+Select) until I find a shiney one.
    Tell me if there is anything im doing wrong.

Darkstar792

Shiny Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2007
    My list of shinys

Gold:
    Gyrados
    Spearow

Ruby:
    Duskull (lost on accident)
    Roseillia (im a terrable speller lol)
    Koffing(now a Weezing)
    Goldbat

Sapphire:
    Zigzagoon(evolved)

Last edited:

Mike4141

Pokemon Adventurer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2007
    The only shiny pokemon I have on my sapphire game is my lotad(Now a Ludicolo)

munchlax2006

Battle Frontier Champ
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2009
    I caught a shiny Kekleon in my ruby (it was the one you use the silthscope) I also have a shiny mew in my emerald!(When i downloaded the oldmap from nintendo the mew i found was shiny!)My friend has a shiny golduck

Ralts

Don't look at me like that !!!
    Years
    I've got some shiny in ruby and emerald, but not any one from LG/FR
    My shinies in ruby :
    - Linoone
    - Spinda
    - Sandslash (Trained)
    - Pikachu

Emerald :
    - Crobat (Trained)
    - Manectric (Trained)

And I ran from shiny GRAVELER and MACHOP, OMG !!

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2007
    shiny rayquaza no cheats

i just got ruby version finally (had sapphire for hundreds of hours, and multiple resets) so, with all legendary pokemon in position, but having my goal of completeing the game in less than 19 hours (i hit 19:40 for sapphire) i was wondering how hard is it really to get rayquaza shinY?

i know the probability is 1/8152

but really..30 minutes and i got a shiny seedot...

so for those who got a shiny (still) legend (such as the regi's, groudon/kyogre/rayquaza)
    how many times/mins/hours did you spend resetting your game?
    i'm tempted to do this for sapphire, but i'll probably just buy another one for the purpose of getting kyogre...right now..i only care about groudon/rayquaza because i have to face groudon, before i beat the game....

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2007
    My only shiny was ever a Gardevoir. I had been hunting Ralts for a good hour or two once, and after a while, I eventually found a Ralts, and it was shiny. :D

thats like the one i really want.. i was hunting a normal ralts and ran into a shiny seedot!! i'm semi happy..not really because i chose treeko as my starter...
    but that was in the first 30 minutes..is it true that shiny pokemon are easier to find in the beginning of the game? because if you think about it..people search for hundreds of hours.but when they finally reset, they find one within the first 2 hours...

so far for R/S/E i have

shiny golbat (victory road)
    shiny torkoal (whatever fire cave that is XD)
    shiny seedot

i did have shiny hariyama (caught with master ball, because i was afraid of whirlwind)
    but i forgot what happened to that file..i think my brother deleted it... :(

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Shiny Seedot
    Game: Pokemon Emerald

Seedot alone are rare in Route 117, but a shiny one...wow O_o

Shiny Caterpie
    Game: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Man, if only my Totodile wasn't so strong :( I would of caught it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2007
    ok..i have a question...if you're trying to hatch a shiny egg..is the pokemon calculated to be shiny when the egg is recieved (from day care person) or when it is hatched??

so do i actually have to hatch 8000 eggs...or can i just save a few steps before the egg hatches..and reset my game that way?

(i really want a shiny metagross/beldum

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back