• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momoiro

..:: Glaring One Way ::..
    Years
    I have a quick question. In my Fire Red game, when I caught my Shiny Drowzee, (Now a hypno) It had stars come around it before the battle started. Do shiny pokemon in everygame have a certian thing like this to tell you its a shiny, besides thier color?

nguyende

Student
    Years
    I have a quick question. In my Fire Red game, when I caught my Shiny Drowzee, (Now a hypno) It had stars come around it before the battle started. Do shiny pokemon in everygame have a certian thing like this to tell you its a shiny, besides thier color?

Yes, shiny pokémon in every game (since the Metal Generation) have had a certain thing (ie. the stars) to tell you that it is a shiny pokémon. The stars you saw fly around your ShinyHypno before battle appear around every ShinyPokémon in the game(s). :)

By the way, here are two interesting questions which have recently popped into my head...

1) To choose a starter pokémon, it shows 3 pokébals on the screen. When you click on one of the pokéballs, a picture and a message appears (a picture of the pokémon contained in the pokéball, and a message asking you to confirm whether or not you really want to choose that pokémon). Here's my question... Is the picture of the pokémon shown to you at that time preset? (meaning it will always show the regular version of the pokémon, even if the pokémon in it is actually shiny) or will the picture change to show shiny version, if the pokémon contained within is shiny?

*note: I am not talking about the battle sprite (which will obviously be shiny if the starter you chose is shiny), I am talking about the picture of the pokémon shown to you when you choose a pokéball

2) You have a 1/1892 chance (theoretically) of encountering a shiny pokémon in G/S/C, R/S/E, and FR/LG... But what about Colleseum and XD? This is my question... Are shiny pokémon obtanable on PKMN Colleseum/XD? If so, would I be able to soft-reset for a ShinyEevee? (guess that makes it 3 questions, but two of'm have to do with the same subject)

I apologize if either (or both) of my above two questions have already been answered in this thread... :P
    Anyway, I still haven't had anymore shiny encountes since my last few posts (not surprised seeing as the theoretical probability of encountering one is 1/1892), but I am still on the lookout! :rambo:
    (soft-reseting for a shiny starter pkmn takes a long time, and to be honest i haven't been putting all too much time into it. i think i'll just go with the flow, i'll eventually run into another shiny one day, while training or something...)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2007
    hey xxArMaGeDdOn here

I need help catching shiny voltorb, Gastly or glacie
    Im on ruby so dont suggest that pokemon radar thing
    theese are a few questions i need answering

1. What is the pre-evolvement of glacie ( if there is one )

2. What are 'chains' and do they work on ruby.

3. wheres the best place to catch voltorb, Gastly, Glacie (or its pre evolvement)

4.which ones most common

5. If i catch a shiny voltorb will it evolve to a shiny electrode.

ty for taking time to look/answer questions

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    Yes, shiny pokémon in every game (since the Metal Generation) have had a certain thing (ie. the stars) to tell you that it is a shiny pokémon. The stars you saw fly around your ShinyHypno before battle appear around every ShinyPokémon in the game(s). :)

By the way, here are two interesting questions which have recently popped into my head...

1) To choose a starter pokémon, it shows 3 pokébals on the screen. When you click on one of the pokéballs, a picture and a message appears (a picture of the pokémon contained in the pokéball, and a message asking you to confirm whether or not you really want to choose that pokémon). Here's my question... Is the picture of the pokémon shown to you at that time preset? (meaning it will always show the regular version of the pokémon, even if the pokémon in it is actually shiny) or will the picture change to show shiny version, if the pokémon contained within is shiny?

*note: I am not talking about the battle sprite (which will obviously be shiny if the starter you chose is shiny), I am talking about the picture of the pokémon shown to you when you choose a pokéball

2) You have a 1/1892 chance (theoretically) of encountering a shiny pokémon in G/S/C, R/S/E, and FR/LG... But what about Colleseum and XD? This is my question... Are shiny pokémon obtanable on PKMN Colleseum/XD? If so, would I be able to soft-reset for a ShinyEevee? (guess that makes it 3 questions, but two of'm have to do with the same subject)

I apologize if either (or both) of my above two questions have already been answered in this thread... :P
    Anyway, I still haven't had anymore shiny encountes since my last few posts (not surprised seeing as the theoretical probability of encountering one is 1/1892), but I am still on the lookout! :rambo:
    (soft-reseting for a shiny starter pkmn takes a long time, and to be honest i haven't been putting all too much time into it. i think i'll just go with the flow, i'll eventually run into another shiny one day, while training or something...)

1) The sprite you are talking about will always be normal, even if the Charmander is actually shiny. Trust me, I know. It's how I got my shiny Charmander.

2) Yes, you can get shiny in XD/Colos, and you can probably get a shiny Eevee at the beginning, too. It's very rare, though.

nguyende

Student
    Years
    1) The sprite you are talking about will always be normal, even if the Charmander is actually shiny. Trust me, I know. It's how I got my shiny Charmander.

2) Yes, you can get shiny in XD/Colos, and you can probably get a shiny Eevee at the beginning, too. It's very rare, though.

Thank you very much for answering my questions :)

"... 1. What is the pre-evolvement of glacie ( if there is one )

2. What are 'chains' and do they work on ruby.

3. wheres the best place to catch voltorb, Gastly, Glacie (or its pre evolvement)

4.which ones most common

5. If i catch a shiny voltorb will it evolve to a shiny electrode..."

1. The pre-evolutionary form of the pokémon Glalie is Snorunt.

2. *

3. The best (and as far as I know, only) location where you'll be able to encounter Voltorb is New Mauville. Gastley cannot be caught on PKMN Ruby Version, but if you have PKMN FireRed/LeafGreen you wil be able to find them in Lost Cave and the third-seventh floors of Pokémon Tower. You cannot encounter Glalie in the wild, but Snorunt may be found in the frozen room of Shoal Cave.

4. Between Voltorb and Snorunt, Voltorb is definitely more common.

5. Yes, if you were to catch a ShinyVoltorb and evolve it into an Electrode, it would be a ShinyElectrode.

* As for your second question, about "chains"... You'll have to hope somebody else comes along with the answer, because I don't happen to know what that is either :(

I hope this will help you. :)

Ledah_18(O_o)

Pokemon Rules (^.^)
    Years
    hey i just got my second shiny

this hapend at 11:52A.M. of today it was just like a normal day i was watering my berries in the route 118 then i go to the tall grass to proced to watering my other berries in the poke world but in the tall grass a wild pokemon came out i was like oh, (sigh) then i turn aroud to look what was on tv my mom was watching it then i turn around again and then i notice the stars i was like WHAT WHAT... the i look at the pokemon it was a Zigzagoon i look at it it was like a difrent color but i look well and it was like orage something like that or brown but lighter than normal and then i said SPECIAL COLOR WOHHHHHHHHHOOOOO!!! then i scream MOM MOM A SHINY POKEMON (she was like what???)then i went to my brothers room then i told them a SHINY A SHINY they were like NAH, but the i showed to them and they were WOW another special color damn what a luck you have, i have another one its tyrogue it has blue shorts and blue shoes it came from an egg i was screaming too. well now i see that shiny pokemon can come out wild in ruby, sapphire, leaf green, fire red & Emerald i now have more hope now i am waiting for a shiny eevee and a shiny charmander to evolve him to a dark charizard (special color):D

Kryten

Hunter of Shiny Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    Im about to start hunting for shinys and have set my sights on charmander

a few question so i do not have to waste time doing this wrong

can i save right next to pokeball
    then take it then i have to cheeck him view team menu to see if hes siny?
    if not soft reset and start again
    or must i go out and re entre to obtain siny charmander

my next will proply be a legendary depend on the answer to this question

can i save it right next to pokemon and soft reset or must i leave room or the hole cave to reset it being shiny

hope i make sense ty for any help u can give

nguyende

Student
    Years
    "... this hapend at 11:52A.M. of today it was just like a normal day i was watering my berries in the route 118 then i go to the tall grass to proced to watering my other berries in the poke world but in the tall grass a wild pokemon came out i was like oh, (sigh) then i turn aroud to look what was on tv my mom was watching it then i turn around again and then i notice the stars i was like WHAT WHAT... the i look at the pokemon it was a Zigzagoon i look at it it was like a difrent color but i look well and it was like orage something like that or brown but lighter than normal and then i said SPECIAL COLOR WOHHHHHHHHHOOOOO!!!..."

Congratulations on your second shiny pokémon. :)

"... can i save it right next to pokemon and soft reset or must i leave room or the hole cave to reset it being shiny?..."

The stats/gender of the starter pokémon is determined when you pick up the pokéball. Knowing that, I assume that saving right next to the pokémon is fine, but... I've never actually tried so i'm not 100% sure on this :2:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2007
    this hapend at 11:52A.M. of today it was just like a normal day i was watering my berries in the route 118 then i go to the tall grass to proced to watering my other berries in the poke world but in the tall grass a wild pokemon came out i was like oh, (sigh) then i turn aroud to look what was on tv my mom was watching it then i turn around again and then i notice the stars i was like WHAT WHAT... the i look at the pokemon it was a Zigzagoon i look at it it was like a difrent color but i look well and it was like orage something like that or brown but lighter than normal and then i said SPECIAL COLOR WOHHHHHHHHHOOOOO!!! then i scream MOM MOM A SHINY POKEMON (she was like what???)then i went to my brothers room then i told them a SHINY A SHINY they were like NAH, but the i showed to them and they were WOW another special color damn what a luck you have, i have another one its tyrogue it has blue shorts and blue shoes it came from an egg i was screaming too. well now i see that shiny pokemon can come out wild in ruby, sapphire, leaf green, fire red & Emerald i now have more hope now i am waiting for a shiny eevee and a shiny charmander to evolve him to a dark charizard (special color):D

gratz, im still w8ing for my 1st

nguyende

Student
    Years
    What are the odds of getting a shiny legendary? ^ ^;

I believe that it's the same as any other shiny Pokemon out there. 1/8192
    --- Michi

Oh, I would've thought they'd be rarer, since they're already rare to encounter in random areas.

Nah, the chance of the pokémon you encounter being shiny is always 1/1892. Besides, it's pretty difficult as it is to obtain a shiny legendary (not hard per se, but very time consuming if you plan on soft-reseting... something I don't do, too much time needed)... if it were any harder to encounter a shiny legendary, it'd probably be near impossible! lol :P
    (and I probably wouldn't have a ShinyRayquaza right now :()

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    but see, pokemon like shiny rayquaza and kyogre and groudon and mewtwo are EASIER than the dogs or latias/latios. That's because you can soft-reset your game over and over untill you find the shiny. If you find a latias in the wild and weaken in b4 it runs, it'll never be shiny again. Same with other legendaries you have to encounter in the wild.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    hey, fufu, i may have posted already, it feels like it, but you're picking a fight once again, ofcourse. i'm not even gonna talk to you, i'll put you on ignore. so cya, and i'm glad i'm not you, you have no idea what this is, whichi it's true, you may find those dogs anywhere in the kanto region. nguyende is right, you can find them in curelean cave (a.k.a unknown dungeon).

Kryten

Hunter of Shiny Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    as u lost are talking about legendrys *bad speller sorry* how do u obtain them shiny is soft resting the only way and if so do u just soft reset buy the pokemon

and for the dogs and to l dudes if i see one and it not shiny must i rest set my game because i will never see it shiny after that or is it that every time u encount it there is a chance it will be shiny

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    To get shiny legendary's you have to save just before you enter the battle then soft reset if there not shiny.

For the dogs you have to reset your game. After you see it the first time if it isn't shiny it never will be. Not sure on this but apparently whether the dogs will be shiny or not is decided when you start the game.

Kryten

Hunter of Shiny Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    that sucks say u hadn't saved in a couple of hours and a dog bumped into u u have to lose all data dam see why there hardest to get

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    If i'm right you can only get the dogs after you beat the elite four and have the national dex. The easiest way is to reset colissuem after you have purified and seen whether it shiny or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back