• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    I think to get shiny dogs/latias/latios, you should go with a pokemon @ level 39, sweet scent with max repel, but save before you try this. When you perform sweet scent, if you in a low-leveled area, you have a 87.5% chance of getting a legendary. If you don't find a shiny, soft reset and try again. It would probably take a REALLY long time to get them shiny...

I have a question now. If I wanted to get a shiny Charmander in Fire Red, do I have to save before I pick the pokeball or a bit earlier than that? So that I can soft-reset until I get him/her of course...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    To get shiny latios or latias you have to sae it before you look at the TV. After you look at the Tv you can't save or when you find either of them it will always be the same. The fact of wether it is shiny or not is decided when you talk to the TV.
    To get Shiny starters you can save just before you pick up the Pokeball and the just soft reset till you get it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    To check if the starter is shiny, is it best to battle your rival or just view in the menu?

And what I meant is this. Let's say you've beaten the elite four and you finished doing the TV thing. Go out to the closest grass (level 2-3 Pokemon), put a Pokemon under level 40, use Max Repel and then Sweet Scent. Won't that work? Then, when you encounter it, if it's not shiny, soft reset and try again. It takes a lot of time but I got a shiny Entei in g/s/c from it.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I normally just look in the view pokemon. it you battle your rival you have to go through all the talking and then oak explaining how to battle. So I think just looking at the pokemon is quicker.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I don't like the Rayquaza shiny. I don't like the colour of it.
    But Charizard looks cool.
    I still need to get my first shiny. I lost all my old ones. It isn't fair. My sister is so annoying for deleting my game.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    hey, fufu, i may have posted already, it feels like it, but you're picking a fight once again, ofcourse. i'm not even gonna talk to you, i'll put you on ignore. so cya, and i'm glad i'm not you, you have no idea what this is, whichi it's true, you may find those dogs anywhere in the kanto region. nguyende is right, you can find them in curelean cave (a.k.a unknown dungeon).

You have posted this already. The post just got deleted because its existence was exorbitantly meaningless.

Please prove to me that you can find Entei, Suicune, and Raikou in Cerulean Cave. I don't want your testimonials, either. Until you can, I will think that you are lying or just hacked your game.

Edit: On Colosseum, you don't have to purify a Pokemon to see if it is shiny. When the Pokemon is first sent out, orange orbs will fly around it.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    i thought we had ended this debate on Suicune, Entie and Raikou. To settle this I am going to search everywere to find out if it is true or not. Will get back to you later as i'm going out in a minute.

nguyende

Student
    Years
    "... For the dogs you have to reset your game. After you see it the first time if it isn't shiny it never will be. Not sure on this but apparently whether the dogs will be shiny or not is decided when you start the game..."

I'm not sure about this either, but... I read that whether or not the Legendary Dogs will be shiny is determined when the Network Machine is completed. If so, you could save at the moment before you complete the Network Machine, complete it then go out searching for the Legendary Dogs.

"... And what I meant is this. Let's say you've beaten the elite four and you finished doing the TV thing. Go out to the closest grass (level 2-3 Pokemon), put a Pokemon under level 40, use Max Repel and then Sweet Scent. Won't that work?..."

That should work, but as long as you do not save after you've watched the TV. If whether or not the Lati@s is shiny is determined the moment you watch that TV, it's best to save before you watch it. Otherwise, if you find the Lati@s and it's not shiny and you soft-reset, your next result would be the same.

"... I don't like the Rayquaza shiny. I don't like the colour of it.
    But Charizard looks cool..."

I agree, I prefer Rayquaza's regular appearance opposed to it's shiny look. I have a ShinyRayquaza, however, and I definitely wasn't to soft-reset the game just so that he'd be green again :P
    I alsa agree that ShinyCharizard looks cool! I probably won't be getting one anytime soon though... Soft-reseting for shiny pokémon isn't my thing, I'm too impatient for that kind of time-consuming task... :)

i thought we had ended this debate on Suicune, Entie and Raikou. To settle this I am going to search everywere to find out if it is true or not. Will get back to you later as i'm going out in a minute.

Nah... The end of the debate was deleted before ltr_17 had a chance to read your posts. You guys better be careful though, the same thing can just as easily occur again. Anyway, I wish you good luck on your quest for the truth!!! (as I'm sure we'd all like to hear it) :rambo:

Anyway, I still haven't encountered anymore shinies since my last few posts, but I will stay on the lookout! (aka. train my pokémon and hope a shiny pops out of nowhere :P) I'm leaving to VietNam during the first week of July, and I'll be gone for 6 weeks. I'm bringing my GBA and PKMN Emerald Version, and hoping I'll have another encounter with a shiny pokémon while I am there (i've currently only had two) :rambo:

Last edited:

Kryten

Hunter of Shiny Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    I think to get shiny dogs/latias/latios, you should go with a pokemon @ level 39, sweet scent with max repel, but save before you try this. When you perform sweet scent, if you in a low-leveled area, you have a 87.5% chance of getting a legendary. If you don't find a shiny, soft reset and try again. It would probably take a REALLY long time to get them shiny...

if a dog dosen't apear do u have to leave area and try again?

and yes that sound slike a long time so i better get to it :)

soon as i get my siny charamnder and all other siny starters and legendarys :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2007
    Quick question! YES or NO answer!

Im at the top of sky pillar in front of raquaza, i saved my game and i go into battle. If its not a shiny i restart the game and try again.

WILL THIS WORK TO GET A SHINY?

TY for your help xxArMaGeDdOn

nguyende

Student
    Years
    Im at the top of sky pillar in front of raquaza, i saved my game and i go into battle. If its not a shiny i restart the game and try again.

WILL THIS WORK TO GET A SHINY?

TY for your help xxArMaGeDdOn

Yes, it will work. Might take 3 hours or 3 months to see it as a shiny so good luck.

Yup, that's why some people say that it's easier to obtain shiny starter/legendary pokémon, because you can just save in front of them and soft-reset. I have a ShinyRayquaza, it was shiny the first time I encountered him on PKMN Emerald Version. Guess I was really lucky huh? :)

Yeah...it's a 1 in 8000-something chance....:\

Yup! 1/1892 (I've seen the number so many times now, it's sort of like the number has been drilled into my head, lol :P)

Hey, here's a thought... To obtain shiny starter/legendary pokémon, people save in front of the starter/legendary pokémon. Then they check to see if it is shiny or not and soft-reset until the pokémon is shiny. Would this also apply to the pokémon Kecleon? I would assume so, but asking to make sure is always a good idea. Has anyone ever tried this?

Last edited:

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Listen Its a yes from me. Dont fret. Just keep trying and ull soon get it. Determination gets you everywhere

Ledah_18(O_o)

Pokemon Rules (^.^)
    Years
    yes it's a 1 in 8192 chance of geting a shiny i have been playing more than 1000 hours ruby and sapphire i mean 500 and 500 but only in sapphire have been coming out and in ruby i am trying to get a shiny charmander by breeding it i am in the 60 charmander now and it hasn't been shiny yet ... yesterday i was lossing hope but i said to miself c'mon im just starting let's keep it up and yes im still doing it oh and by the way i wish you luck xxArMaGeDdOn on geting you shiny rayquaza i wish i can catch one but i have cauth it already but i will buy miself another ruby or sapphire ... or even better a emerald tomorrow i hope there's one (sigh)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back