• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nguyende

Student
    Years
    It's 8192, that was a typo.

Nope, I typed 1/1892 on purpose :)
    And I still think this belongs in the thread Shiny Pokemon Discussion, it's getting lonely there without people like you asking questions. :P

EDIT: Hooray, they moved it into Shiny Pokemon Discussion! ha, :P

Last edited:

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
    Years
    Hey, here's a thought... To obtain shiny starter/legendary pokémon, people save in front of the starter/legendary pokémon. Then they check to see if it is shiny or not and soft-reset until the pokémon is shiny. Would this also apply to the pokémon Kecleon? I would assume so, but asking to make sure is always a good idea. Has anyone ever tried this?

Of course it's possible, i got a shiny kecleon myself that way, before it got deleted anyway -_-

haffeysucks

lolpwnt
    Years
    Nope, I typed 1/1892 on purpose :)
    And I still think this should be in the thread Shiny Pokemon Discussion, it's getting lonely in there without people like you asking questions in it, lol :P

Oh, so it IS 1892? I'm so confused!

Anyway, I've bred 3 boxes of Bagon (took forever as Bagon are around 10,000 steps to hatch) and no shiny. I wasn't breeding for a shiny, I was breeding for a certain nature, but it's the same thing.

You're going to be breeding for a while.

nguyende

Student
    Years
    "... Oh, so it IS 1892? I'm so confused!..."

Well, as long as I've known it's been 1/1892... I remember reading that you had a 1/1892 chance that the pokémon you encounter will by shiny everytime you encounter a pokémon (gamespot.com, serebii.net), and I've never read any posts in this thread that has stated otherwise.

Last edited:

Momoiro

..:: Glaring One Way ::..
    Years
    Wait, so, if you walk up to a ledgendary, will it's sprite you have to walk up to be shiny, or, like the starters, do you have to wait untill your in battle? O.o

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    dude, fufu is totally right for once, (no offense) as he said, the chance is 1 out of 8192, thanks to chance/luck, someone out there could be getting thousands of shinies, cuz it's atleast 1 percent, as if it's a waste of time, the next pokemon you encounter could be a shiny, the next 10 pokemon you encounter could be shinies, or even 100. i know it's possible thanks to the chance, it IS possible...

EDIT: testimonials? no idea what they are/that is...

nguyende

Student
    Years
    "... THE CHANCE IS 1/8192...."

Oh... Well, if ~Fufu3000~ says so he's probably right... lol, sorry everyone, I seriously thought it was a 1/1892 chance, not 1/8192... ha, my bad. :P

"... I remember reading that you had a 1/1892 chance that the pokémon you encounter will by shiny everytime you encounter a pokémon (gamespot.com, serebii.net)..."

Yeah, I went to recheck that after ~Fufu3000~... I'm REALLY sorry about that guys, I'm actually a little angry at myself too :(

Wait, so, if you walk up to a ledgendary, will it's sprite you have to walk up to be shiny, or, like the starters, do you have to wait untill your in battle? O.o

If you walk up to a legendary pokémon, it's sprite that you have to walk up to will not be shiny. Like the starter pokémon, you have to wait until you're in battle and check out it's battle-sprite. (I think... When I caught ShinyRayquaza, I don't remember his map-sprite looking any different. I could be wrong however... Someone correct me if I am, lol)

"... the chance is 1 out of 8192, thanks to chance/luck, someone out there could be getting thousands of shinies, cuz it's atleast 1 percent..."

Um, technically, if it's 1/8192, then that's a lot lower than 1%... 1% would be 1/100 chance. If you want an actual percentage than it'd be about 0.0001220703125%, hehe :P

However, you're right about encountering them. It is possible to encounter shiny pokémon within the next 10-100 pokémon you encounter (though highly unlikely, I think...).

Last edited:

nguyende

Student
    Years
    Fufu was right. It is 1/8192 chance. Not 1/1892. I don't know were you heard that.

Yeah, I realise that now. I'm not sure what happened, because I used to know it? I think at first I was typing 1/8192, but then I typed it wrong once, and after that I just started typing 1/1892 until I actually believed it, ha.. :P

EDIT: from now on, I will make sure I remember that the "8" comes before the "1"... 8192,8192, not 1892, not 1892... Okay! I think I got it, I'll remember it from now on, hehe :)

Last edited:

nguyende

Student
    Years
    "... Discuss anything involving shiny Pokemon here that doesn't involve that Shiny Hunters Club going around..."

We may discuss anything involving shiny pokémon, doesn't the odds of encountering a shiny pokémon, well, involve shiny pokémon? I may be wrong, but this seems perfectly on topic to me (talking about the odds of encountering a shiny pokémon, I mean)... :P

Anyway, I still haven't had anymore shiny encounters since my last few posts. Has anyone else here had any luck? I might start soft-reseting for a ShinyKecleon, but I'm not sure... Knowing me, I'd probably end up becoming really impatient after 50 soft-resets at most... ha :P

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    nguyende, you are completely right, we are allowed to discuss the odds of shiny Pokemon. I really don't see how Elite 4 Sam could think that talking about the odds of finding a shiny is off-topic.

Furthermore, Elite 4 Sam, you do realize that mini-modding is against the rules, do you not? Not only is it a rude thing to do, it shows that you believe you have some sort of authority over other members (something which you quite obviously do not possess).

Edit: Well, my interest in getting a shiny Bulbasaur has sparked once again? Why? I keep on having a dream where I'm riding through the Orange Islands, on a Lapras...except this particular Lapras is purple. Kinda like its shiny form. ;) As one could guess, Lapras is one of my dream shinies, and I probably could've had one by now, if I weren't so stupid and saved after I had gotten a Lapras on FR...so yes, I want a shiny Bulbasaur now so that I can soft reset for a shiny Lapras. I also wouldn't mind SRing for another shiny Eevee. :D I really do hope I can get Bulbasaur soon because I've actually been hunting for quite a while (I recall hunting for it since last November/December, actually).

Last edited:

Kryten

Hunter of Shiny Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    ive been soft resting for my charmander for a couple of days now and no luck i will not give up

also if i breed to pokemon and produced an egg saved it counted my steps until hatch reset then walk up to 50 before hatch then save then hatch if no shiny could i soft rest and get a shiny in the end

one more question i just read that latlos and latlas vaules are preset at the start of the game does this mean if it will be shiny is preset?
    the soucre recomened using a Eon ticket to obtain shiny latlos/latlas what is it?

Last edited:

nguyende

Student
    Years
    ive been soft resting for my charmander for a couple of days now and no luck i will not give up

also if i breed to pokemon and produced an egg saved it counted my steps until hatch reset then walk up to 50 before hatch then save then hatch if no shiny could i soft rest and get a shiny in the end

one more question i just read that latlos and latlas vaules are preset at the start of the game does this mean if it will be shiny is preset?
    the soucre recomened using a Eon ticket to obtain shiny latlos/latlas what is it?

If you saved 50 steps before an egg hatches, it may work. First, try that and see if the gender and stats are regenerated. If they are the same each time, chances are that it will not work.

As for the Lati@s, I read that whether they are shiny or not is determined as soon as you watch the television broadcast about them on TV. If this is true, you could save in front of the TV before watching it, then search for the Lati@s, soft-reseting each time you find the regular sprite.

Also, the Eon Ticket is a special ticket obtained by attendng a Nintendo Event. The ticket enables you to take a boat to an island where you can catch the other Lati@s that you could original not obtain in the game (ie. if you have PKMN Sapphire Version, Latios will be on the island. If you have PKMN Ruby Version Latias will be on the island).

I hope this helps you :)
    (if any of this information or incorrect, please correct me... lol)

Ledah_18(O_o)

Pokemon Rules (^.^)
    Years
    Yay My third SHINY!!!

:)i was again watering my berrys in sapphire yesterday at 10:58pm yes at night well it was in the route 114 when a battle came out just by steping two patches of grass now i did see it all it was a seviper and i was like :shocked: oh oh... YESSSSSSS SHINY SPECIAL COLOR it has blue fangs and like where the sharp of his tail it is like red or purple normaly right well it has it like blue and its eyes are blue and those circle spots like yellow or golden that seviper has they were like green yellow now and their scars are like blue too oh i love my seviper shiny it came as a female and its nature mild , and its lv 16, oh and remember my shiny charmader that i was breeding well i stoped:'( cause it has been taking for too long:tired: i have made like 150+ charmanders:shocked: and none came shiny:disappoin so that is why i give up:\ maybe later i'll try it again :badsmile:but now its not the time i have been very busy, problems, problems, problems.:paranoid:

Kryten

Hunter of Shiny Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    congrates on yet another shiny

me i got none been soft reseting for charmander getting very long now very hard to keep at it

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    congrates on yet another shiny

me i got none been soft reseting for charmander getting very long now very hard to keep at it

Same =( I've been playing for at least 10 hours combined of soft-reseting :(
    No luck but hope you get him/her soon :)

Congratulations on the wicked cool Seviper =)

nguyende

Student
    Years
    "... me i got none been soft reseting for charmander getting very long now very hard to keep at it..."

"... Same =( I've been playing for at least 10 hours combined of soft-reseting :(
    No luck but hope you get him/her soon :)..."

In a way, this makes me want to try soft-reseting for a ShinyCharmander, but at the same time discourages me... Hmmm... :\

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back