• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Don't!! It gets too addicting and takes up a huge load of time. I spent 5 hours yesterday night, staying up trying to get the Shiny little bugger but got absolutely nothing. BTW, Quirky Nature is the best nature for Charmander in my opinion.

Back on Shiny discussion...

I have yet to train my Shiny Milotic because of the Shiny Charmander. When I do get that Charmander though, I will probably beat the game and THEN train the Shiny Milotic... How should I EV train Milotic anyone??

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    ofcourse you're allowed to talk about the odds... anything about shiny pokemon. ANYTHING that's on topic. even the evens :P

I THINK i know a way to get shiny pokemon easier, please don't start an arguement and fight if it's wrong... try and get a shiny ditto, then you may breed the pokemon you want to, and if the other pokemon is a shiny, you're odds of catching a shiny will shorten even more to becoming even. so when you breed you'll have more of a chance to get a shiny baby lvl 5!!!
    is that story true?

Last edited:

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    ofcourse you're allowed to talk about the odds... anything about shiny pokemon. ANYTHING that's on topic. even the evens :P

I THINK i know a way to get shiny pokemon easier, please don't start an arguement and fight if it's wrong... try and get a shiny ditto, then you may breed the pokemon you want to, and if the other pokemon is a shiny, you're odds of catching a shiny will shorten even more to becoming even. so when you breed you'll have more of a chance to get a shiny baby lvl 5!!!
    is that story true?

It was true in silver, not in any of the later games ( RSE Fire red and Leaf green)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Here are the Shinies I have caught in the Advanced Generations

Rudy: Voltorb(deleted),Wumrple(deleted),Zubat(deleted)
    Sapphire: N/A
    Emerald: Whishmur(still have ^_^)
    Fire Red: N/A
    Leaf Green: N/A

Here are the Shinies I have saw in the Advanced Generations

Ruby: Regirock(first time I saw it.Didnt here or see sparkle and I thought it was normal color),Whishmur(first time I saw it.Didnt here or see sparkle and I thought it was normal color),Wurmple(before pokeballs were obtained)
    Sapphire: N/A
    Emerald: Wobbefet(it ran :( )
    Fire Red: Espeon,Seaking and Meowth in Trainer Tower and yes I know they are supposed to be there
    Leaf Green: Espeon,Seaking and Meowth in Trainer Tower and yes I know they are supposed to be there

Right now I am playing threw my Emerald really fast so I can get Latios and the Legendaries. I hope I get a shiny on my way threw. I was doing the same thing when I found and caught a shiny whishmur

Abdul

Elite Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2008
    I had a shiny Furret but i forgot to transfer it before i reset my game so i could obtain a second set of legendaries :(

PKMN Trainer Max

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2007
    I have a shiny scizor,blastoise,charizard,magnanium,fraligatr,tauros,pidgeot,aipom/ampibon,and all of the evee evolves.i didnt cheat i bread with some trades that i got.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    BTW, Quirky Nature is the best nature for Charmander in my opinion.

Are you mad? Quirky is a Neutral Nature.

Depending on what you plan to do with Charizard, you want to raise either speed or special attack... Go with Hasty or Mild. Other Charizard options are totally up to the move set you plan on giving it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Yeah I ended up going with Hasty. Thing is, I didn't EV Train him (no patience early in the game). He is quite fast (pidgeys and rattatas) with a good amount of HP (caterpie/Weedle)

Ledah_18(O_o)

Pokemon Rules (^.^)
    Years
    yes another shiny hehe

i finally got my shiny manectric :shocked:i was looking for it just in about 10 minutes he came out :PYEHAAAA!!! instead of blue is black and his red eyes are blue and the yellow i don't know how to explain it, it is like brown or something like that,more like gold color.it came hardy uf good;) and male ^ lv 26, route 118 met ,got it with :paranoid:master ball, ability lightningrod, stats hp 78, att 49, def 36, sp.atk 67, sp.def 41 & speed 60. oh i just love my shiny manectric:embarrass , oh and it came out today at 8:34PM lucky me i was hunting:rambo: for the preevolution but he came out ... nah who cares:laugh: i was going to evolve him anyway haha:D

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    Congrats mate!! (sentence too short)

hey, now that I have 3 shinys-I gave 4 to my rival (bro) hahaha!!! now he's on the bad side of the rivalry!! muahaha!!
    what should I hunt now???

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    i finally got my shiny manectric :shocked:i was looking for it just in about 10 minutes he came out :PYEHAAAA!!! instead of blue is black and his red eyes are blue and the yellow i don't know how to explain it, it is like brown or something like that,more like gold color.it came hardy uf good;) and male ^ lv 26, route 118 met ,got it with :paranoid:master ball, ability lightningrod, stats hp 78, att 49, def 36, sp.atk 67, sp.def 41 & speed 60. oh i just love my shiny manectric:embarrass , oh and it came out today at 8:34PM lucky me i was hunting:rambo: for the preevolution but he came out ... nah who cares:laugh: i was going to evolve him anyway haha:D

Do you have any pictures?

I'm hunting for shiny Latias again. Can you guys believe that I've been soft resetting for it for 10 months? It's ridiculous...oh, and I got another FR because I lost my old one, so I'm using it to soft reset for a shiny Squirtle. Wish me luck.

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    Wait so the shiny Seaking is SUPPOSED to be in Trainer Tower?

I thought I just had really bad luck XD

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    On my (now lost) Pokemon Ruby version game, I caught a shiny Swablu on route 115. I also caught a shiny Oddish at the Safari zone. I never expected to catch two shinies on that game.
    Oddly, I've never found a single shiny on my Emerald game.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    I caught a Shiny Venonat in the Safari Zone in LG. A Shiny Wingull on the bank east of Mauville City in Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2012
    I have never caught or seen a wild shiny but I didsee a 'tamed' shiny MR.MINE During one of my WI-FI Battles lol right now I'm hunting for shiny Milotic ^^

Sprite

The one and only.
    Years
    My most recent shiny was a Ralts in my Emerald version.
    It's now a shiny Kirlia. ;D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    i havnt played the 3rd gen that much BUT in the 2nd gen i played continuos amount of hours and NEVER saw 1 (except gyarados) shiny

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2008
    Well I have a shinny caterpie(yellow) that evolves into metapod(bronze) and then butterfree (pink legs), shinny sentret ( gold & purple) same after evolved, shinny zigzagoon (more reddish than normal)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back