• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Pokemon Dos &Donts

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    My favourites are Kingdra, Ho-oh, Shaymin, Mew, Rayquaza and Ninetales I RNG so I'm lucky enough to have all of them; the Mew was in exchange for me RNGing a Shiny Legendary with a good IV spread for someone. I thought I was going to get a regular Mew so I feel quite lucky.

I'm on a break now but I sometimes hatch shiny pokemon for others and the most popular by far is Eevee followed by Charmander and strangely enough, Togepi. I cannot understand that as it looks so similar to the normal form. Maybe people just like the sparkles? Does anybody here like the Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss shiny form? I never see it mentioned in 'Favourite Shiny' threads and yet I'm asked to hatch it so often.

I'm really dissapointed in Shiny Houndoom. I love Houndoom but blue just doesn't cut it for me.

Volroc, I love Shiny Lunatone. When I get round to it I'll breed one and hatch it in Celestic Town and call it 'Lunage'. I have no idea what I could use it for. :(

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Shiny Kingler in Crystal was the best for me. It was the first shiny Pokemon I ever saw other than the Red Gyarados, and that one doesn't really count since you HAVE to see it.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Gold latias and turquoise latios looks sweet

Anything that looks golden after shiny is good with me really, altaria etc

But i had a convo with my friends (who are clueless about PKMN) about the significance of shinies.

Went something like this

Me: Hey brochacho, After a weeks worth of work look at this shiny pokemon i got
    Friends: So does it do anything?
    Me: No but it sparkles when i send it out into battle.
    Friends: You doin' da ganja?

Kinda how it works =/

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    Shiny Sneasel/Weavile are probably my favorite shinies. I like how the pink/yellow completely goes against Weavile's dark typing and persona.
    I also really like shiny Slowbro/Slowking, shiny Miltank, and shiny Gligar/Gliscor.
    There's probably also more I'm forgetting though.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Volroc, I love Shiny Lunatone. When I get round to it I'll breed one and hatch it in Celestic Town and call it 'Lunage'. I have no idea what I could use it for. :(

so do i, so simplistic :D

awesome :D im planning on doin the same,except mine wont be shiny ^^"

Back