• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Pokemon should be in the Pokedex

xXI JOE IXx

I wanted to compare my shiny Blaziken with a normal coloured one because they look quite similar. I thought the shiny version would be in the forms section, it wasn't. Its a bit stupid, what if you traded your shiny away, but you wanted to proove you owned one? The nearest thing to a shiny you can see in the Pokedex are the Shellos east and west sea forms. Who agrees Shinys should be recorded in the pokedex?

xXI JOE IXx

I thought it would be common sense... It is another form of the pokemon after all lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Lol, it would be nicer, being able to look at the shiny forms of Pokemon.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    I was just thinking about this the other day, and it would be a logical and cool addition to the Pokedex.

That way you could compare shiny to normal Pokemon side-by-side without using Serebii.net

xXI JOE IXx

Has anybody seen the shiny blaziken, there barely a difference XD

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Aren't Shiny Pokémon supposed to be 'secret' to us in Nintendo's eyes, though? They've always been referred to as 'alternately colored' Pokémon in English canon as far as I can remember, and wouldn't openly admitting they existed for every Pokémon by putting an option in the 'Dex just totally contradict what they said? If we could see side-by-side only Pokémon we've captured as Shinies, then it would probably be fine, but...

xXI JOE IXx

Aren't Shiny Pokémon supposed to be 'secret' to us in Nintendo's eyes, though? They've always been referred to as 'alternately colored' Pokémon in English canon as far as I can remember, and wouldn't openly admitting they existed for every Pokémon by putting an option in the 'Dex just totally contradict what they said? If we could see side-by-side only Pokémon we've captured as Shinies, then it would probably be fine, but...

I always thought the term "Shiny" came from the pokemon cards, as the ones with shiny backs where rare if i remember

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Has anybody seen the shiny blaziken, there barely a difference XD

It isn't a huge difference, but it is not a slight difference either. The red Blaziken that is a non-shiny is much brighter then the deep and dark burgende color the shiny Blaziken has.

I'm not so sure if Nintendo would still call the shiny pokémon a secret in these DPPt versions. Since the older generation games of pokémon must have given it a hint to people who've seen and/or caught shiny pokémon, it wouldn't be considered much a secret to them anymore. However, if people get the DPPt games as their first pokémon game, it would be a surprise reveal to them.

I wouldn't mind shinies being a added feature in the game, however I don't mind if they won't be an added feature in the future games either. People can eventually see the differences of shinies and non-shinies on the internet unless of course they do not have any internet connection whatsoever. I do recall seeing posters of pokémon in their shiny forms, so they could always compare the shinies and non-shinies like that.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Well, if you click on the non shiny and you've seen//owned the shiny(s) then you should be allowed to compare. If its ONLY if you've already seen one, it wouldn't be spoiling much.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Yes, that's what I said. There should only be a shiny comparison if you've caught the shiny. But Nintendo are mostly focusing on the people who don't know that Shinies exist, or those who have never seen one before - those people are the ones who are more likely to visit the events, who are more likely to care about what's given out. If it's not something the unknowing younger population know for sure is totally going to get some wows, then chances are they won't bother; who wants a Dragonite when you can have a Darkrai? And besides, it's like lulling those people who don't know about them into a false sense of pride when they find a blue-and-white Ponyta or a green Zubat that, as far as they know, nobody else has.

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
    Wow, I thought I was the only one who thought of this. I'm glad so many of you agree. I've always wanted to see a Shiny in my Pokedex that I saw/caught. My very first shiny was in Diamond and I can't prove that I saw it. (I accidently clicked run.) Plus, I'd just like a reminder of what it looks like. I hope this feature is in HG/SS. (Yeah, right.)

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2015
    hmm I guess a Shiny addition to the PokeDex would be good, it would deffo help alot. It would help compare the Normal and Shiny. Maybe Game Freak should think about this for further games, if they make any.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    this is a pretty good idea, I like it. Maybe they didn't do it because most people don't find that many shiny Pokemon, I know some people that never ran into a shiny Pokemon (not counting Gyarados)

:t354:TG

Gigatongatlingman

大鳥翼
    Years
    As the above posters said, it would make a bit of sense. I believe in 5th gen, however, that the shiny pokémon view idea may be implemented. It seems like the Gens build gradually over their mistakes (The Special bar from 1st gen, the EVs/IVs from 2nd gen, etc.), and that seems like a proper fix that 5th gen could have for a marketing benefit, among other ideas.

Back