• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Pokemon Stories

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Im just wondering what was everyones first shiny catch, encounter, ect.? Mine was with a zubat in a cave in ruby, of all pokes XD

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Good lord, it just happened today. I was just walking in the grass on route 228 (D/P) and a shiny Hippowdon just appeared. It was wierd because earlier today I was like, man a shiny will never appear for me, I was looking for a Trapinch and got my very first shiny :3.

menace64

Lifelong Trainer
    Years
    Here's a sad story of woe and loss.

I got Diamond the day it released in the States; in all that time, I have had one - and only one - encounter with a shiny.

I was exploring the Old Chateau when a Ghastly appeared. A... shiny... Ghastly. I was ecstatic and worked it carefully down to a few HP, then went to grab a ball to chuck at it. And then I noticed I had no Pokeballs in stock. Not a one. Nothing. Nada.

I sat there for a few minutes, trying to figure out some impossible solution to my stupidity. Eventually, beaten and depressed, I killed the thing and resumed my exploration. It was the worst Pokemon-related incident of my entire life.

BUT!

I just remembered my first experience with playing Crystal. I went into that first forest area (where Celebi lives) and got two shinies within the space of two minutes. The first I know was a Hoot-Hoot (the other I can't recall). If they weren't back-to-back they were pretty darned close. It was thrilling, and made the rest of the game a very enjoyable time indeed!

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Dude congrats on your first shiny =O
    Oh and menace, just who got a shiny ghastly yesterday =]]

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    One day, I was tromping through the ash field outside Fallarbor Town on my Sapphire for training...and a Shiny Spinda appeared!

I got it and named it Glitter.

That has been my only shiny of the Advence Generation.

Firetail

on silver trainer's card
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2008
    mine was in ruby...
    It was a normal dy in the game, I was collecting ash for my soot thing I think or just getting through when I encountered a shiney spinda. Of course this was my first shiney pokemon and then I caught it

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Mine first and only shiny (without gyarados) appeared in silver. I was searching some wild pokemon for training but then a wild shiny drowzee appeared. I was like O_O OMG. Then I catched it and sent it to the box.

Sakura-Katana

Team Rocket Executive
    Years
    I've only seen one shiny, that was a Hoothoot outside New Bark Town one night in Gold. I didn't have any Pokeballs with me! :(

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    My rule of thumb is to ALWAYS have some pokec balls, then that doesnt happen, but my favorite encounter with a shiny was a shiny kadabra in diamond, i was searching them with my poke radar and had a chain of a about 27 and then all of a sudden there it was, shiny kadabra, but you know whats the worst, i wouldnt have realized it was shiny if it hadnt done that thing to let you know its shiny because kadabra looks in no way shiny =]]

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I've only ever seen one wild shiny, and it was a Goldeen in the Safari Zone in LeafGreen. I didn't catch it- it ran away. :(.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022

On my Silver--or Gold, don't remember--I started with a shiny Totodile. What do you know? Lucky me, right? NO! I didn't even know what a shiny was at the time, so I thought something was wrong with my game and started over.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    It was a shiny eevee, still use it to this day! As I added boost of luck it turned into a shiny rspeon! what luck, I havent seen a shiny since, I feal like crying...

Years
    The first one, a Magby.
    The egg that he day care man gave. Really.

Then, Golbat. In the cave where you fight Red.
    That's all.Both from Crystal~

Soufiane

Incorruptible #1
    Years
    Loudred in the cave of the Pokemon league, In Sapphire
    And a Zigzagoon where you encountered tropius, With alot of grass part... I cant remember names lol.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    this was a few months ago...........

I was playing my Sapphire ROM, and I was in Petalburg Woods, and the same split second the battle started I went to do something and when I returned...

*screen shows a purple Wurmple*

Me: What... the.. f... wurmples are NOT purple...
    Rosa: *looks over shoulder at the screen* DUUUUUDE... you lucky son of a-
    Me: what? what is it?
    Rosa: DUUUDE... that's NOT your average wurmple... O_O
    Me: GET TO THE POINT ALREADY!
    Rosa: That my friend, is a shi-
    Me: O...M...G... *squeal* SHINYSHINYSHINYSHINYSHINYSHINYect.ect.ect.
    Rosa: Catch... that... thing... NOW!
    Me: *pokeball*
    *shake*
    *shake*
    *shake*
    *DING!!!*
    Both of us: Woah...!

to bad it was a ROM... >.>

thankfully, I already had one in Pearl (from a trade but... yeah)

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    My first shiny capture was back when I had no idea what a shiny even was. It was a Hariyama and I didn't even notice the color change.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    My first shiny was in my silver version. Okay I was fishing at a random spot in the game and then the fishing rod shook then the pokemon appeared--*sparkles*-- IT was a shiny Goldeen and I didn't know too much about shinies, so I was like woah is this real? I found out later it was a shiny goldeen because it sparkle, and I check the internet about shinies. I was excited. Then the next day I was in the route above of olivine city training my shiny goldeen then in the wild another shiny appear then I was like woah? am I lucky or what? my second shiny was a meowth. Those were one of my best times in pokemon!

Back