• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    I encountered and caught an Onix in Union Cave last night, it flashed as it appeared. Does this mean it was shiny? I caught it anyway and compared it to my ordinary Onix, and it actually looked the exact same. Could the flash have meant something else? Also, if it was Shiny, if I evolve it into Steelix, will be Steelix be shiny?

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • if your onix sparkels when it appears on the field it is shiney.and if it is shiney you will get a shiney steelix.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    Cool. It wasn't like I was even hunting for shinies. I hope the new Steelix doesn't look my other Steelix, as this would be most disappointing.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    Oh aye, obviously. Most obvious thing in the world, that is. Written all over the game, now I think about it. the Onix looked the exact same smart-arse. Why did you reply for if you were just gonna be a sarcastic prat? Go jump.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    er if its not different colour then it may not be shiny but heres my sandshrew and if it has a star near it then it is a shiny for frlg if ruby then the "no." wil be gold, but im not sure bout gold / silver / crystal, i no take a look at ur garydos and compare.

Shiny Pokemon

heres my sandshrew:P

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    :dead: Kinda killed the Gyrados cos I wasn't caring all that much about shiny pokemon. But I put both Onixesside by side in a box, and there's pictures are the exact same.

Back