• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Pokemon!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Hey look a thread we haven't had for a while!

What shiny Pokemon have you found in 4th gen games? Any found from using the Poke Rader in DPPt? Or are your only claims to the such involve the shiny event Johto legendaries (assuming you got those) and the Red Gyarados (if you have HGSS)?

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • No shinies for me. Not even the Red Gyarados, as I make it a habit to quickly defeat it and move on. What's going to happen - and it'll be funny... in hind sight - is that I'll see a shiny critter and either not capture it, or capture it and then forget to save the game or something. It hasn't happened yet but it will... it will!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Without cheating, I was able to find a shiny Gligar, Banette, Cascoon and Staravia in Pokemon Pearl, a Red Gyarados in Pokemon Soul Silver and I pretty much got all of the legendary dogs with events.

:t354:TG

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Bar the handed-on-a-platter shiny Pokemon in HGSS, I've found two thus far, both in monotype runthroughs. Shiny Donphan and Shny Miltank, which are neat ones to find imo from sheer luck.

As for DPPt, I've encountered a random shiny Tentacool, and chained several Pokemon via the Pokerader, such as Shinx, Magnemite, Eevee, Houndour, etc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In Diamond, I used to have a shiny Geodude, but it got deleted. In Platinum, I had 4 (Roselia, Sneasel, Marill, Blissey), but they got lost. I also lost a shiny Mewtwo in HeartGold along with them. In SoulSilver, I currently have a shiny Nidorina, a shiny Golbat and a shiny Tentacool.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
    Years
  • Other than the ones u get for free in HGSS, and a few I got in online trades about 3.5 years ago, I've never had a shiny pokemon in any pokemon game. I've always wanted to come across one while battling.

Flamboyant

Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥
    Years
  • I have some events shiny, such as Suicune, Raikou and Pichu, have also 2 red Gyarados haha. In diamond/platinum, I've chained and got a Beautifly, a Roselia and two Rattatas (one became a Raticate). I've yet to succeed and get myself a shiny ariados!

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • The only 2 shinies I encountered in my whole gaming career (all editions played, some multiple times) were in my first game of Sapphire. I caught a shiny Zubat (and evolved it to Crobat eventually) and I saw one shiny Trapinch, but I flew from the battle before I recognized it was shiny :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    I have found...the Red Gyarados, a Shiny Tentacruel (didn't catch it, don't remember how I failed to catch it, either it was me running away, or my Pokemon fainting it), a Shiny Houndour...I guess that's all.

AquaFin

Mudkip Commander
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    I dont actually own any shinies that are mine which frustrates me greatly but I have encountered some and sadly killed them : A shiny Graveler on Iron Island ( Why did it have to be a critical hit when I didnt want one? ) and a shiny Pidgey in HG SS. Didnt have any Pokeballs which was sad. I only have a Shiny Horsea which a friend gave me and soon became a Kingdra. It was all purple :D!

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • I chained like all the Electric and Steel pokemon in Platinum, and then discovered RNGing. But to RNG I had to encounter a random shiny, which I did after multiple double battles, Bronzor.

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    The shiny pokemon I've gotten are: In Pearl: The shiny cricketune Steven got me (no, I don't mean the champion in pokemon ruby and saphire games, a different Steven). In HG: Red gyarados from The Lake of Rage, (BTW, my best friend mannaged to get a red gyarados the random way in either Pearl or Platinum! He was so lucky! Too bad his game got deleted with it in the game. :( )Shiny Gamestop Celebi, Pikachu colored Pichu. In Black: The 3 Crown Beasts! That's all of the shiny Pokemon I've gotten so far I think.
    EDIT: Whoops! Forgot this was about 4th gen only! Sorry!

Last edited:

Reddo

Happy!
    Years
  • In SoulSilver, i was training for the Pokémon League in Route 27... and then I found a shiny Quagsire... minutes later, I found a shiny Tentacool... I couldn't believe it...

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I found my first shiny in SoulSilver. It was an Onix in the cave before you get to Indigo Plateau. :')

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I found a shiny electrode at the basement of the rocket hideout in mahogany town. Eh, since I am running a bug-mono, I decided just to kill it for the experience.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • Neither me or my friend Fienya have ever encountered a Shiny. Except for the Red Gyrados that Fienya decided to KILL (on her old file. We restarted.), then no, never a Shiny.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Shiny Ponyta (traded away) and Buneary in Pearl.
    Shiny Swinub in Platinum.
    Shiny Meowth in Soul Silver.
    And a few others that I got through trading/GTS, including a shiny Gastly. All of mine were obtained by random wild encounters; I don't have the patience for the Poke Radar method, lol

Years
  • well the gyrados from soul silver a shiny entei and raikou, i once ran into a shiny unknown trying to get the ? and the U unknown my heart started beating i switched to my lv 9 pichu it was lv 20 i used one move and then it died i was like fffffffffffffffff%uckkkkkkk and to add insult to injury i didnt even level up

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Just a shiny Dusklops for me. Though I absolutely loved it and named him Crim. I don't like the look of a red Gyarados, so I never use it for anything other than to fill space in my PC.

Back