• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Pokemon!

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
  • I thought I started a thread just like this....I guess it died.

Anyways, here are all the shinies that I have come across:

Golbat in HG (Totally random, Now a Crobat) Good nature too, Adamant.
    Lugia in SS (I did not SR, totally random)
    Pidgey in SS (Again, totally random and at the very start of the game. I still managed to get him. Now a Pidgeot)
    And of course, the shiny Gyarados in both HG and SS. I did SR for an Adamant nature.

In 5th Gen, my one and only random shiny was a Solrock in one of the caves. Level 50, managed to capture.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I got Red Gyarados, that's it. I couldn't get the Johto legends because they weren't released here (that I'm aware of, anyway!). I have 100s of shinies in SoulSilver, but I cheated for them all *shrug*

Years
  • My one and only in game playthrough shiny was out of random. It was morning and I started up my game, got to Rt. 211 to level up some of my bird pokemon and out pops a red meditite, BLING, and I've never seen a shiny before and I'm awfully confused about this. So one quick ball later, I have a lvl 27 docile female meditite.

GokuRikaku

Sup?
    Years
  • I found a good number of shiny Pokemon thanks to the Pokeradar.
    Hard to remember, but if I recall right I got shiny Ralts, Shinx, Voltorb, Magnemite, Buneary, Bannette, Silcoon, Kricketune, and maybe more.

Besides the Pokeradar, the Red Gyarados, and the shiny event beast, I got Roselia and an Ariados from random encounters.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • All my life I've only found two Shiny Pokemon on random encounters.

First was a shiny Bellsprout that I found in Pokemon LeafGreen. I caught it, much to my delight!

Second was a shiny Geodude in Pokemon SS, which Self-destruct itself before I could catch it successfully. I was furious. :(

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I found a shiny Poliwag and a shiny something else... And I hatched a shiny Mudkip and a shiny Wynaut and a few other things that I don't remember :/
    But in Crystal, I found a shiny Heracross. But I was only 6 so I had no idea it was special and I fainted it XD

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
    Years
  • Diamond: Shiny Shinx :3

SS: Shiny Eevee (Which I later evolved into a Shiny Umbreon X3) and a Shiny Raikou.

Nothing else, though my fiance did manage to trade for a shiny Jirachi so I used to have a shiny Jirachi, but in the end I gave it back to him in a trade and eventually got a regular Jirachi.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I caught a Murkrow in Diamond and a Poliwag which later became a Politoed in HG.

Years
  • I had no idea my Hoothoot was shiny, since I found it in gen 2 when I was like...what..10?ish. I ended up getting rid of it. Later I was disappointed.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've recently started chaining again; currently using Diamond with a friend's Sapphire to try for Lotad. They are a bugger to hit a chain of 40 but I have gotten one thus far from a pre-20 shiny spot. (Modest nature too =o)

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
  • I am wanting to start chaining again, even though all my attempts have been a MAJOR fail.
    I just don't understand it too well to really look into it.. now I feel like a PokeNOOB
    I have a lot of in game shinies, through trades though. I've found about 5 on random encounters. The rest of the box and a half are trades.

I really need to chain...

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • All the times I chanined, I would get really close and blow it, everytime. The shinies I did find, though, were total randoms. I found a shiny Meditite and a shiny Geodude just messing around in my Diamond, I think. And I think I had more than that. o.0

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'd rate myself as fairly decent at chaining for shiny Pokemon; I've gotten a decent number of them after reaching a chain of 40. I tend to do it in bursts (e.g. half an hour of chaining here, another the next day).

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2014
    I found a random shiny Kricketune in Diamond (At the time i didn't really know about shiny pokemon so i defeated it :(. In pokemon black i have a shiny Zoroark (Bred) Shiny Arcanine (Trade) Shiny Charizard (trade) Shiny Mightyena (Trade) And the event shiny Porygon-Z

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Jut a note to keep discussion to shiny Pokemon obtained in 4th gen games, not ones also gotten in Black/White or other games outside of DPPt/HGSS. They have their own sections.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • I've only bred a shiny Wynaut and caught a shiny Magikarp
    I have absolutely no luck with the PokeRadar and I constantly break my chains at the 20's

Back