• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Pokemon!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • I have three shiny Pokemon in my generation IV games. I found one Shiny in my Diamond. A Shiny Ponyta. I don't remember where, though. I caught him in a Pokeball. In Platinum I found a Shiny Machoke on the route next to the Survival Area. (The one where there's a Move Tutor house.) I caught it in an Ultra Ball. (It was my last one.) And in HeartGold I found a Shiny Drowsee on Route 34. I was able to catch it in a Dusk Ball because it was late at night.

I've also seen two shiny Pokemon that I was never able to get. A Shiny Zubat in Diamond. It was in Wayward cave. Mira defeated it. And a Shiny Noctowl on Route 2 in HeartGold. I ran out of Pokeballs.

Those are the shiny Pokemon I've seen/caught in Generation IV up to date.

Water Master Roxy

Wish I was Misty
    Years
  • found a Shiny Sneasel a while ago on Pearl and it was a random shiny. I was so happy I caught it. Now its one of my strongest pokemon as a Weavile.
    Shiny Pokemon!

Last edited:

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I never got a shiny on my Diamond or Heartgold besides the shiny Gyrados(if that even counts, to me it's a pre-set event). I got the shiny beasts from an event, but their still just an *event* to me and not a real encounter. However, my first shiny encounter (Machop on Firered) became a part of my Heartgold team :D

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
    Years
  • I have several Gen IV shinies, my fist being Palkia from Pearl. I also SRed for a shiny Spiritomb, a shiny male Combee (I just wanted a normal female!) and Giratina. In Platinum, I ran into a shiny Zubat while in the Lost Tower and in SoulSilver, I saved before battling Lugia and SRed until it sparkled.

As for chains I've gotten Skitty (twice), Voltorb (two in one chain) and Elekid. I'd love to chain for Ralts or Beldum, but I have terrible luck with both of them.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've recently found success in my chaining of Lotad - had a chain going for a week and ended up getting six of them. =)

Years
  • I've had 2, a shiny Feebas that I caught in sapphire and traded to my brother without realizing it was a shiny. (I never forgave myself for that) and I found a shiny Ursaring while training on Mt. Silver to fight Red. but my dog knocked my DS out of my hands and I forgot to save it. :sigh:

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    WOOO after 10+ years of playing and never finding a shiny, that I can remember, I managed to find shiny Machop, Remoraid, and Gligar, all within a week, and without chaining :D.

Unfortunately I killed the machop without even realizing it :(

Years
  • I found one Shiny in SoulSilver (not counting Red Gyarados) and that was a Farfetch'd. He is so special to me.

While playing my brother's Diamond I caught him a Shiny Graveler, Budew and Unown (U Form to be specific).

I don't care much about Shiny Pokemon but I might catch one if I see it.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • In my maxed-out Diamond file, I had randomly caught a shiny Floatzel, Machop, Pelipper, and Dewgong, as well as a shiny Grimer in my Platinum. I also randomly bred a shiny Skitty, and I used the Masuda Method to breed a shiny Delibird in my Platinum.

So far, I haven't found any shinies in my SoulSilver, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to SR a few. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    i foud a shiny zubat (which is now a crobat) and a shiny rattata. also red gyarados in hg/ss

Back