• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    //mew\\ said:
    Yesterday was the luckiest day of my life `cus i caught a shiny linoone,zangoose and a shiny swablu....+rayqaza i caught the other day....I`m very lucky what can i say. :)
    Wow, that's luck alright. :P
    I've never known anyone to have that much luck with shiny Pokemon like that, unless you used a gameshark or something...

My friend's brother caught two shiny Pokemon in the same week in Silver. A Weepinbell and an Ekans. He duplicated them and traded them to me. :P I had to trade him my duplicated shiny Larvitar and shiny Quilfish though which I hatched from eggs thanks to a blue Ditto trick.

black_eevee

not umbreon. black eevee.
    Years
    I know this is an RS thread, but I caught a shiny Suicune on my Crystal kart after the third try! I only tried to catch it three times because I knocked the bugger out twice... -_-; but the third time it was shiny! Yeah, anyway, this *is* an RS thread... let's see, the shinies I've got on my Sapphire kart:

Poochyena: well, it evolved-- it used to look really cool and golden, but now, it's just a weird brown... -_-

Zigzagoon: I actually didn't have to search for this one. I was looking for a Minun along whatever route is north of Slateport (116? I forgot the #) and poof! I about fell off my chair when I saw it. I just evolved it into a cool red-striped Linoone ^_^

Swablu: I like the normal blue Swablu... but I saw a shiny while looking for a shiny something else - I forgot what - and grabbed it. ^_^ I'm considering evolving it and getting a gold Altaria... but me likes my blue one....

I think that's all the shinies I have on Sapphire... I have no luck whatsoever with this kart for shinies-- on my Crystal kart, I got shinies left and right (Silver was a little harder to find them in)...

Some people say it was easier for them to get shinies in GSC and uber-difficult in RS, and others say it was vice versa... :( I never had to look for shinies in my Silver or Crystal karts, and in Sapphire, I find myself searching for hours... -_- (the only shiny that I didn't search for in Sapphire, other than Ziggy, was that shiny Safari Zone Pikachu... and it raaaaaan! T_T)

MysticSwampert

Lord of little people!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 31, 2004
    OffRoadSP said:
    I've just broken the 100 hours mark on my Sapphire game, and not ONE shiny Pokemon has appeared. I've been in tons of wild pokemon battles, (only just won the Heat Badge), and am constantly wandering around to just level up my pokemon. It's frustrating!!.

100 HOURS!!! Blimey!!! I beat the Elite four @ 11hours, I am now at about 40 hours with 130 pokemon in my pokedex. looking for pokemon - that's how i found a shiny pidgey in my gold version! I know - PIDGEY?!? I found a blue ditto, but that was using cheats.

I know this is a bit off topic, but am i the only person who sorts his pokemon into boxes by type. Does everyone else just put them in any box?

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
    Yeah, I always did that since GRBYGSC, but now I sort them by place where I found'em, using Trainer Memo and wallpapers... I think...

Last edited:

Jess

Banned
    Years
    I started out back last week with a Shiny Mudkip when I restarted my Pokemon Sappire Game for the 4th Time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I've cought a shiny Jirachi and Feebas. It took me 1 year to find Jirachi Though.

pokeman132

if it moves, shoot it.
    Years
    I need a shiny pokemon!!!

Shiny Pokemon
    Ok well i have never seen a shiney!!!:(:(:(..i Really want 1...do you need a certain amount of hours? Because i only have 8 hours of play but i beat the game have rayquaza and i beat the battle tower like 100 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help me!!

Email [email protected] undefinedi want a shiny!undefined:(:(:(undefinedHELP ME!!!

pokeman132

if it moves, shoot it.
    Years
    LOL...lavendertown067 great story! but you really need to get a life(no offenense)..stop watching the weather channel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh i i agree yugio...*curses out loud how much he hates it*...

DarkCharizardOfTheNight

Darkest of All
    Years
    well i have 88hrs played on my Ruby and i have yet to encounter a shiny.... the only shiny i have was a sharked Charizard cuz i absolutly HAD TO HAVE a black Charizard... other than that... NO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back