• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Welcome to PC Clair :)

I gave up on getting a shiny mudkip.After a week of serching, I gave up, so I just continued with the game

Dragonair

Master Of Bird Pokemon
    Years
  • Last Night I Caught A Shiny Spinda It Looks Diffrent Ill Give It That Much Black Spots Instead Of Red Its Okay But I Would Rather Have A Shiny Skarmory

Oh Ya Its Yellow Coloring Is A Little Darker Too

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2004
    i dont have one either, but someone said to get a shiny natu, use an acro bike and if you found a natu, run away! then hop on the acro bike on the same place and youll find shiny natu, but id be an idiot to believe that, but does it work? i never tried it...also, what is the point of getting shiny monsters? their stats are not as good as the real one, as i found out by comparing red gyarados and blue gyarados! my little brother has purple mudkip, yellow torchic, and blue treecko but he wont trade any to me! oh well, it doesnt matter, they are all male anyways, heehee, and i dont need shiny pokemon, it wastes my time, even seeing my friends having a blue mew (grrr) and red lugia (argh) and regice (it makes almost no difference, just more darker) and i find it weird... yellow charmander becomes yellow charmeleon and it becomes a black charizard! same for dragonite, it is purple at dratini and dragonair and truns black at dragonite! im surrounded by many shiny collectors and i never saw one! i dont care, they dont have a strong *** mewtwo (its green if it is shiny!) in their sapphire/ruby lol!

Last edited:

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
    Years
  • I finally found my shiny Trapinch!!! I'm so happy :D It took me almost a hundred hours, but I got one ;)

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    [QUOTE-3DEntei244]ok#here's a question how do u find a shiny pokemon just like that right out of the air with out a gameshark and also a colored pokemon?!!!

colored pokemon = shiny Pokemon...

The pokemon are just alternate color so technically it's just a colored Pokemon... but the traditions from GSC, of how the pokemon will flash in a shiny light first before battle, has been carried over to RS and we call it "shiny pokemon" because of the "shiny glow that exist no more."

By Lady Luck's wish, we get a shiny Pokemon... it's all down to luck. If you just captured a shiny Pokemon one day and if you're 18+, go buy a lottery ticket immediately.[/QUOTE]

Wait a sec...in R/S, do you mean they don't "shine" when they appear, and that they're just a different color? Or do they still sparkle when they appear?

Also a question that was asked earlier by someone else but I didn't see an answer for: I know any random Pokemon can be alternately colored, but is a hatched Pokemon also carry th same chance to be shiny?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Ice demon said:
    if u find a shiny latios/latias and damage it would it still be shiny when u next see it :\ :\ :\ :\
    ????????????????????????????
    yes it will... whatever you do to Latios/Latias last time, its effect will stay the same next time you see it (such as being affected by status, in red hp, or shiny)

Please don't double post Pluse_strike... simply use the edit button to include a message in your last post.

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    yes it will... whatever you do to Latios/Latias last time, its effect will stay the same next time you see it (such as being affected by status, in red hp, or shiny)

Please don't double post Pluse_strike... simply use the edit button to include a message in your last post.

YESSSSSSS.. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    i had found a shiny latias but i ran....but now i will still be able to get one....

K-3.1416

Entrenador Mexicano
    Years
  • I found a Shiny Corphish while i was fishing on route 102. I haven't trained it but i'm thinking in use it in my party :P

sh3rry

Dark<<< >>>Girl
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 26, 2004
    In my Ruby game I have a shiny Rayquaza (16 tries), shiny Groudon (74 tries), shiny Seviper (luck), shiny Absol (luck) and shiny Zigzagoon (luck). I was very happy when I caught shiny Rayquaza, he's my favorite Pokemon ^o^.
    Once I was training my Pikachu (Route 104), when he finally reached the level 9 I went to the PokeCenter in Petalburg and guess what? The little rat got the PokeRus... I was like... O.O!!! I still have this Pikachu with a little black dot near his level, I never evolved him ^-^.

Edit: Changed Sapphire to Ruby, I have both versions but the shinies are in the Ruby.

Last edited:

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • Black dot? All my Pokemon that won ribbons have that black dot. Did this Pikachu win a ribbon?

sh3rry

Dark<<< >>>Girl
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 26, 2004
    Hmmm, yes (cute contest), but he had the black dot before the contest O_o.

sh3rry

Dark<<< >>>Girl
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 26, 2004
    Nah, it's just luck ^-^, in my Gold version I only have a shiny Spinarak ._.

E. Master

Ho-oh Master
    Years
  • I stole my stupid little magickarp wOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back